Lithia Auto Stores Employee Reviews

not impressed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 24, 2017
This could have been an amazing place to work but the bosses are too concerned with stuffing their own pockets to take care of their employees. Change the higher ups and the grunts will be happier.
Goes thru management like toilet paper
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 2, 2017
Constantly switching management. Office politics are over the top. If you can work non stop bells and handle the bs you can make a living. No advancement opportunities unless you were brought in by the ever changing management. Would never even consider a Lithia store again.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Bells management company culture
Very Unprofessional!!!
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 2, 2017
Not professional on the Parts Manager when your having personal relations with your employees!! Parts supervisor very discriminating and picking favorites!! Worst place to work at!!!!
Pros
Cons
Very Unprofessional!!
Not a Good Place to work.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 2, 2017
This place is a Joke!! Parts supervisor was very discriminating, picked favorites and worst of all if your not having personal relations with the Parts manager you get pushed aside!! Very Disappointing!!!!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
People
A nice slow and fast paced job
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 2, 2017
The job was pretty good, we would put gas in cars new or old and get them ready for customers when they were being sold weather thats 1 vehicles or 10 being sold at the same time which meant we would have to work on one right after another if necessary. We didn't necessarily have any breaks but most of the time it wasn't to fast paced unless maybe it was a Satuarday.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
No breaks
Fun job, drove customers around
Courtesy Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 25, 2017
They have you drive customers home or to work. I saw a lot of things outside from where I live. Very relaxing and you get to drive the company's vehicles.
Pros
1 hour lunch, get to drive company vehicles
Cons
Mechanics give you attitude, even though you work in the front
Lithia was phenomenal in every way
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 23, 2017
The people I worked with were exceptional. If there were any questions I had they were more than willing to provide the answers. I learned so much working there.

The management wanted to always make sure that we were comfortable with the systems we were using. If any issues arose they addressed them immediately and diminished any ill favored rumors. Not one of them treated you with anything but feelings of equivalency. Your ideas were always given a review before a decision of yay or nay.

The hardest part of the job was that warranty work was new to me. So it was navigating a whole new world. However, it was worth the adventure. I enjoy challenges such as this. Using my brain is my favorite thing to do.
Pros
The company in whole
Cons
That I was unable to work form them when I moved back to AZ
Good work environment
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 17, 2017
Lithia Auto store has a good work environment but has a high turnover rate so your constantly having new managers and employees. Over all it is a good work place with decent benefits.
Not worth it
Worker (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORApril 28, 2017
In Roseburg, the management isn't all its cracked up to be and there is no opportunity for advancement unless you're related to someone in a management position. Getting proper compensation for doing endless mundane tasks is almost impossible, and even after months of putting in solid effort, time, and energy, I was given my first raise in 2 years, only to be at the same rate per hour that the new hires were being hired on at. Aftwr several months of being paid a dollar less per hour, despite my seniority.
Pros
Discount on vehicles and services
Cons
Everything else
Smoke and Mirrors
Manager (Former Employee) –  MTApril 21, 2017
Moved across the country on a hope and dream and it was an absolute nightmare. Upper management only cares about their paycheck. They will use you to clean up a mess created by a "partner" and then dismiss you to protect themselves. Their "career advancement" is a joke UNLESS you are one who is a brown nose pushover or you are part of the good old boys club with them.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Everything else
Office Manager is Horrible
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 13, 2017
Fast paced but the office manager is not qualified to do their job.T he office manager at the location that I was at is an idiot and did not earn the position. Two faced managers and no job security
Ok starter position
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKApril 7, 2017
As a receptionist I mainly answered phones but was able to gain some office experience and DMV related knowledge which was very nice. Anne, the general manager, is an awesome boss and made my experience working at the dealership a good one.
Pros
Decent starting pay, good for observing and moving into sales, employee discount, coffee shop on site
Cons
Late hours depending on position/shift, poor relations between departments
Worst place to work
Auto technician (Former Employee) –  BillingsApril 1, 2017
Worst place I have ever worked. If you like to belittled all then go for it. No organization what so ever. Worst management. Be prepared to be yelled at. Why do you think there always hiring.good luck.oh don't expect a raise, never happen!!!
Pros
Cons
Quitting
Fun and productive work place
Lot Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 21, 2017
I loved working there except for the other departments,they seemed to think that everyone is better than one another there is rarely equality between departments.
Awful employer - doesn't value employee's - overlook harrassment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 16, 2017
The worst employer to work for. Managers lie and overlook harassment. Their HR department is a cover up for those lies-they are not truly an individual department but are "influenced". Employees are not valued. For a publicly held company, they are the most immoral. Top managers will not stand up for what is right in order to save their own behinds and look good for "corporate". I have never seen such a shady business with such unhappy employees.
Lithia Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Fiat of San Angelo, Texas
Service Advisor-CJD (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 3, 2017
Service Dept. has no structure and service manager has no experience managing employees or customers. Service Mgr also has a smart mouth on him. Working here was bitter sweet, 6 days a week, 2 or 3pm lunches, 10 hours a day- I was originally promised 2 days off....never happened and it took 70 days for me to be a service advisor, when I was told 30. Tried to get me to duties that weren't my responsibility as a service advisor.....wanted me to clean up accidents-messes that other employees created! Company can't follow through with promises. They say they value customers but want to charge almost 180 dollars for fluid changes other than basic motor oil. Don't be fooled people you can get it anywhere else for half that just save proof that you got it done for warranty reasons. Too bad I can't put anything less than a 1 for this rating because it would be far from it.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Do what you love and love what you do!
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMarch 2, 2017
One of the most important things in life is to do what you love and love what you do. Lithia makes that easy! You come to work and enjoy the fast paced environment of the car dealership life.
Fast pace fun environment
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Fell in love with the car business. Plenty of opportunity to be successful. Self motivated career for sure. It's a lot of hours but the pay is well worth it. The company has good values and is honest. Gives a new image to the typical car salesman.
Pros
No cap on income.
Cons
Long hours.
I would not reccommend working for this company
vvvvvvv (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 28, 2017
Strictly politics when it comes to this company. Nothing matters other then who you know. nothing good to say about this comapany
Productive work environment
Detailer/Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Very healthy work environment, the staff is very friendly and polite. Does not offer much opportunity to move up in the system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lithia Auto Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9