Lithia Auto Stores Employee Reviews in United States

Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 3, 2016
Get to work, pick up parts, verify parts with invoices and deliver them to surrounding businesses. Pick up any return parts and return them to the appropriate dealerships
Pros
Very relaxed even at a fast pace
good company
Porter/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 10, 2016
this company don't take care there employe.the work is ok but the manager are not good people, they think there are the best .Customer all ways complain about the cars detail is not good .
Horrible and depressing place to work.
Service (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 1, 2016
Roseburg lithia Ford is the worst ford dealership I have ever worked for. The service manager thinks he is better than everyone else. Dont expect any training at all. Just try and figure it all out. Service manager was bad about yelling at employees and calling people worthless. He is one of those who has apparently done everything you have done but even more. Nobody in service was ever happy people. If you want a good dealership to work for just shoot 70 miles north and go to kendall ford, great people there and they make you feel at home.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Cool place to work
Digital Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 6, 2016
I only wish they had more stuff like google or yahoo in the building but all in all work atmosphere is cool.........................................
Pros
Decent pay chill work atmosphere
Cons
Not optimal environment for digital (lights too bright)
Quality Assurance Manager
Regional Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 6, 2016
Arrived at 7 AM and met with other managers to gain information about recent sales or service. Conducted an interactive meeting with my staff to discuss possible or actual customer complaints. I answered questions and provided guidance on how to answer/solve the customer's complaints or questions. I learned to listen to people's concerns, work among various departments to come to a reasonable solution to benefit the customer and my employer. I had the unique opportunity to be the first manager of their business development program. My staff was comprised of young college students. That provided me with the experience to coach and mentor my staff. My staff was willing to learn and I was willing to listen. The most difficult part of the job was encountering other managers who were unwilling to take on new ideas or improvements to our business model based on customer suggestions. I quickly overcame that obstacle. The best part of the job was seeing my staff learn, get better at their job and get promotions.
Pros
Working with a variety of people and teaching.
Cons
Travel and having to be away from my daughter.
Terrible management too many salesmen
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 18, 2016
You're only a number here They tell you you have 6 months to ramp up. That is simply not true. Management is demeaning and could care less about you as a person. They are constantly coming up with projects since they consider salesmen to be free labor at their mercy. The turn over is very high and they never seem to be happy with the number of salesmen, always wanting more.
Pros
not many
Cons
management misleading promises
Fun and Exciting fast paced work enviornment
Sales Representative and Custome Care Agent (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The overall job itself is good and there is no limit to the money you can make, its fun but you really have to be self motivated to make good money here. My only complaint is that management is blind to their faults and even to some employees faults unless you request it one on one training is hard to get.
Pros
hours, pay, benefits
Cons
management
low moral and no support
service manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 19, 2016
this company has not changed its business structure, they don't care about their employees there is no support to new people and when you ask for help the upper management acts like you should already know whats going on with no training. as for upper management they like to through underlings under the bus when they don't hit their goals. very short staffed dealers no support no team work and god forbid you have a slow month now your an ineffective manager not human. bottom line is their is NO TRUST NO LOYALTY AND NO SUPPORT this company uses their employees as door mats
Pros
there is none
Cons
no pay lots of hours and plenty of bus rides across your back
Commission based sales to where I was paid what I was worth.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Used social networking, my personality and vast knowledge of business skills to get as many sales I could a month to be paid what I believed I was worth. A typical day would be securing new customers, creating new appointments for the following days, and focusing on closing EVERY sale that came in front of me. I learned a lot about utilizing the people and resources around me to gain my profits along with helping others in need too.
Pros
Dream Job, Sales, Commission
Cons
Very Long Hours, Restricted with Managment
fast paced and money focused
employee (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 8, 2016
fast paced work, variety of jobs to do everyday. Learning the job is up to you no help from supervisors. Co-workers constantly complaining. If you know your job and get paid like others in the company it would be fun.
Pros
stock options
Cons
some employees are not appreciated as they should be for their supporting work.
Too much work for too little pay
sales professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 6, 2016
Prepare for long hours of standing around outside in the freezing cold or 100 degree heat. Shared desks and an outdated facility. Minimal training and minimal support by coworkers or management. If you are cut throat enough to screw other people over, this is the place for you. Good luck.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Pay, hours, conditions of facility
A very rewarding company to work for.
Product Specialist/Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 22, 2015
The management is very professional.
The benefits are outstanding!
My co-workers were incredible.
I learned a lot about customer service here.
product specialist
sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 29, 2015
If your new to the car business and want to gain experience and are aggressive then this is the perfect place for you. But if you are a salesman at heart and don't mind the 10 percent commission with a high pack and flooded floor then I would seek other opportunities.
Great experience
Sales professional (Current Employee) –  san angelo txOctober 22, 2015
great atmosphere learned a lot of useful skills and communication skills as well as got valuable information on buying and selling vehicles,
Willing to work with school schedules
Warehouse Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TexasOctober 3, 2015
Willing to work with school schedules. Some hangups with technology, meaning that some of the technology in the workplace was outdated. The management at the store always has a sense of urgency and attention to detail. The hardest part of the job can be the hours. 7:30 until 6:00 Monday through Friday can be a tough schedule.
Pros
Flexibility with time off
Cons
Great Place to get experience, not a place to have as a career unless you come in as management
Assistant Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 2, 2015
They have a culture to work people hard, with the intent to turn them with in three years. Pay stays relatively the same if you are experienced vs. new. Company motto when I was there was more work less pay. They would say it as a joke but it was true. Rarely will you see someone get promoted from within. They usually higher managers from the outside. Because of the high turn and the relatively new and inexperienced staff it does allow you to get into positions that would normally be filled with more experienced people. That is why Lithia is a great place to get experience because you get exposed to things earlier than you would have otherwise. On the downside you will be self trained,.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Culture, Pay, Benefits
A lot of work for little money
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 24, 2015
The place is understaffed which means you will be working long hours. Worked 6 days a week with no comp day. Mostly the place was putting out fires, a lot of distention and the lack of quality work mates due to low wages,
Pros
Free lunch on Saterday
Cons
Working Saturday with no comp day, low wages
Chronically understaffed
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Medford OfficeAugust 30, 2015
Lithia is a good company to work for, but beware: Departments are often understaffed for the workload that is expected, and this makes for an exhausting and stressful place to work.
Pros
Benefit package is excellent
Cons
High stress, high turnover, wages are low for what they expect
Lithia Hyundai Fresno
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno CaliforniaJuly 8, 2015
This place is terrible in more ways than one. Yea there are plenty of hours and co workers are generally easy to get along with. But the way management treats sales people like another number is horrible. There is no training whatsoever and you are expected to sell cars asap. They say they will train you but are always "busy" to do so. There is favoritism there as well. The finance department is great but the sales side is just awful. They give you no opportunity to succeed and will replace you without even thinking twice. Avoid this place!!!!
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
low commission %. high turn over. no training at all!
Great first job
Accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  FresnoJuly 7, 2015
I started at Lithia immediately after getting my Associates degree. I will admit I didn't make much at first. But over the 5 years I was there I learned a lot, took on new tasks, worked overtime when asked or necessary and feel I was accomplished at this company. I liked the people I worked with and there are people I didn't like as well just like any other job. The managers were good to me and I received raises over the years when I could prove I deserved them. I really had no desire to go through any of their management programs but they were available to those who wanted to. I only left the company in 2008 because there was a lot of downsizing and instead of fearing I would lose my job I just went and found another one.
Pros
Worked well as a team, room for advacnement
Cons
No sick time and no vacation accrued for one year

2.8