Little Angels Head Start is a program designed to improve the lives of low income children and families by providing exceptional preschool education to 3 and 4 year old children. Children receive educational, health and nutrition services in a classroom setting. It is a safe, enjoyable, and stimulating environment where children can learn, grow and develop emotionally, socially, physically and intellectually. In addition, support services are offered to parents to enable them to help their children thrive in school.
Little Angels Head Start Program is currently looking for an experienced Director of Education and Professional Development to join our team. The primary objective of this position is to develop and implement an innovative education program as well as establish and implement center goals and objectives.
APPLICANT MUST HAVE:
- Master’s Degree / Permanent or Professional Certification in Early Childhood Education.
- Demonstration of a superior knowledge and understanding of educational theory and practice, both in general, as well as in particular and specialized area.
- Express informed opinions about particular and specific areas of current educational interest.
- Have an extensive understanding and working knowledge of both the theory and practice of educational research needed to evaluate and analyze research literature and carry out appropriate research activities.
- Make effective use of the findings of educational writings and research in addressing professional educational problems and issues.
- Have the depth and knowledge and understanding of educational matters that will enable them to be a valuable resource to professional colleagues in particular situations.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of professional responsibilities and ethical principles which should characterize leaders in the education profession.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, implement and manage a professional learning program to support Education Directors, Teachers and Assistant Teachers, that applies theories or models of best practice.
- Convene and lead training sessions focused on leadership, curriculum and principles of teaching and learning.
- Visit and support educational directors at their educational centers.
- Liaise with Executive Director and Deputy Director of Operations the outcomes from site visits.
- Manage Teaching and Learning:
Curriculum and Development and implementation
Head Start Performance Standards
- Submit a monthly report to the Executive Director.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of Education Directors.
- Develop high performance capabilities by delegating leadership responsibilities to each director while holding them accountable for outcomes.
- Monitor Teacher and Assistant Teacher credentials.
- Manage outside educational consultants.
- Manage resources, risk and governance and accountability through the provision of the analysis, interpretation and reporting of data from:
Ages and Stages
- Review and Analyze reporting
- Review and approve all education expenditures
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume along with salary requirements. Resume's without salary will not be excepted. Please include position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants
Little Angels Head Start Program is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.