Little Angels Head Start Program

Little Angels Head Start Program Employer Reviews

hiring new candidates
payroll manager (Former Employee), bronx, nyFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: in the bronx
Cons: not being able to interact with white people
was interviewed for confidential position "payroll manager"
human resourse generalist - stated that this was a spanish & black
enviroment --- found that to be rude, racisit remark and not becoming
of any skills or technique in which to speak to a potential new hire....
Lack of communications at the present time
Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 31, 2012
Pros: great teachers and assistant teachers
Cons: poor communication with management - everything a secret
This job was presented differently from when I was hired. The company is revamping with the Early Learn Program and everything is blurred at the moment. No one know exactly what is happening and what the future will bring. This is why I rated the way I did. The uncertainty has me concerned.

My co-workers are great. I enjoy working as a team with them.

The – more... hardest part of the job is not knowing what is going on - management is not telling us much - we receive a lot of second hand information, which we all know is not reliable.

The children are the most enjoyable part of my job. – less

October 3, 2012

This company has alot of issues. For starters, as a headstart program - they had already screwed things up. They claim that they have so many years of Head Start and that they know what they are doing, BUT, they dont. Not only do these people know what they are doing, but they are SO RUDE TOO. They dont know how to speak to their employees instead of speaking to each of us as a professinal matter, they shout and yell and discriminize people. The way they act towards their employees, is that we are not intellect people. They even sent out cordinators and componets people to check us out, but many of them are so nice, that we feel bad for them. They are often not acknowledge by the upper management and / or they talk down at them as if they are worth - a pot of you know what .This company needs a clean up and a attitude adjustments - starting from the top to HR to other managaement.

February 8, 2013

There is no way you are a NYS Certified Teacher. The paragraph that you wrote is filled with grammatically and structually incorrect sentences. No wonder they shout at and talk down to you. English cannot possibly be your first language.

In this field you can learn and grow from but it can be challenging.
Family Worker (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 30, 2012
Pros: holidays, vacations, supervisors understanding any family emergency. health benefit.
Cons: no raise and not given the opportunity to obtain a higher position.
I am very grateful and appreciative in having this job. I have learned to become more empathetic and be respectful of other cultures and values. I love and enjoy the job I do. I am a great team player, I have 7 years in this agency and I must say that I enjoy advocating for those families in need.

But it's time for me to try new horizons, gain more – more... experience and excel in what I do best. – less