Little City Employee Reviews in United States

My first and very exciting experience in that country!
Volunteer database assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 4, 2015
I did a wide range of work each day, starting from monotonous task to new projects which were very exciting.
I have learned Raiser Edge Program.
Good and supportive management.
Friendly atmosphere, work alongside the colleagues which is convenient to ask questions about new things you have to do.
The hardest is the new you have to do at the new work place!
Work in calm atmosphere, so you are able to give your best to have the work accomplished.
Family Oreinted
Driver (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILOctober 4, 2015
Really care about the clients and employees. Very supportive at all cost. Fun play to work with different activities. Nice amount of politics and was fair.
Pros
Good Benefits
human services
Help coach (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILMay 6, 2016
low paying job with high expectations. management held high expectations for employees who were working more than their share.
Pros
benefits were fairly good
Cons
plaqce in poor condition and not managed well
Adored the Children
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  PalatineMarch 24, 2015
Many changes occurred during my employment in the structure of the company. Developed amazing relationships with the residents but the management of the company ruined it.
Pros
On-call was rotated, residents were amazing
Cons
Struggled to effectively restructure, no raises, staffing issues
Facility that cares for disabled youth.
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJanuary 10, 2016
Overall, a facility that cares for disabled youth, but needs to improve on upkeep, and treatment of employees. On certain cases the director would yell at staff in front of clients which would include down grading statements without knowledge of the situation at hand.
Pros
Free Lunches. Overtime avaliability high.
Very enjoyable work environment, including great staff and administrative team members.
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work! Staff is always willing to help and support employees. Numerous ways to get more involved with organization. Residence are friendly and great to work with. Resources available to keep certifications up to date and very accommodating schedules. Everyday was a different day with new experiences and tasks that challenged and encouraged employees.
DSP/ Life Skill instructor
Dsp (Current Employee) –  palatine, ILJuly 11, 2015
I started working at this job over a year ago and since then I have had six management changes. A typical day at work would be coming in at the beginning of the shift and finding which children I was responsible for and following the written schedule for the day. There were some coworkers that are amazing and work great as a team. There are others who don't. The enjoyable part of the job is watching children accomplish skills that people doubt that they could accomplish.
Pros
mon-friday schedule
Cons
no healthcare
A great place to work
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2015
Little City allowed me to work with kids who were categorized as troubled. However my belief is that no child is bad nor troubled, maybe misguided but not troubled. I taught children responsibility, respect and how to enjoy life while taking care of business.
Great people to work with
DSP (Current Employee) –  PalatineSeptember 10, 2012
This business isn't for everyone and you truly have to have a heart and care about people. If you don't, don't work here.
Pros
great benefits for full time and decent pay
Cons
not always easy work but good people
I was a residential advocat for .a children's residential site
Residential Advocate (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILNovember 1, 2013
I worked with mentally and phyiscally disable children 24 hours per week.
Pros
salary and benefits
Chaotic still fun place to work.
Direct Trainer (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day consist of helping mentally challenge adults with chorus, rec skills, hygiene and recording their daily progress.

I learned how to interpret the difference of mental capacities, to help clients reach personal goals and to redirect potential behaviors.

Management was accommodating.

Co-worker worked together and were accommodating as well.

The hardest park of the job was, Being able to protect your self from a client who became escalated with anger. And not get hurt and still protect the client as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job was. The interaction with the clients. Being able to make them happy.
Pros
the sheer interaction with clients.
Cons
there was always a chance of workers being hurt on the job.
Little City
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2015
Not a healthy work environment, very gossipy and high school like. The clients were awesome and it was a very rewarding job.
Don't work here
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILOctober 26, 2014
I learned a lot from my co-workers, but that is the only bright spot. No respect from administration, very poor communication from everyone at Little City. From Hr, to employees in the school, and bad communication from the school to and from the cottages where the children lived.

Im sure there are less headaches and stress and more money if you work at jewel....

I am glad I left.....

Ppl stay away...
Cons
administration, no breaks, low pay.....management horrible at communication, no respect or acknowledgement for a job well done.....
Evolving Organization
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 8, 2012
Offering services to high need children with developmental disabilities through residential, foster care and support in homes of origin in a fast paced environment. Also providing services to adults with developmental disabilities through CILA, Vocational and Art Programming. Management has turned over significantly. Infrastructure is developing to better support the needs of the individuals served with improved technology and better environments for residentially based children. Services are improving with the development of a therapeutic day school and medical/dental services on site.
Great place to work if compassionate and want to help those with behavioral and intellectual difficulties
QLC/QIDP (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 8, 2014
A typical day at work is that there is no typical day at work; every day is different. There are many aspects to this type of job. The management team was excellent and I felt part of a real team. Very hard to break away from work; always something to do. Self-satisfaction in knowing that I am making a difference in people's lives.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
plenty of work
producticve fun work place
Life skilss Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palatine Il.May 7, 2015
a great place to work, I've learned to be more patient & how to be more compassionate. My co-workers were the best. I enjoyed being there for the residents.
Worked wwith 6 disabled men
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 26, 2013
I started off the teenagers when i first went to work there. I went over to the adult side and worked with the men. we had a home enviorment and had dinner together when i worked second shift and breakfast when i worked morning. This field has been so good for me and i enjoyed everything about it.
Pros
love helping people
Cons
no cons i always worked by myself.
Productive nice place to get to know the children.
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ilJune 20, 2014
It was an easy going job getting to know the children but at times it was hard handling the children when they would act out. But overall nice place got to learn new things and also got to know alot of my ex co-workers.
fun place to work
Family Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  palatine, IL.April 27, 2012
There are a that work lot of nice people working there. The clients are fun and the programing is pretty good.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
traveling there from the city depends on you.
Glorified Babysitter
Family Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2012
I was a Family Support Specialist, working with a family that had a child who has autism. My job overall was to provide structure and play with the child.
Pros
learned how to work with special needs children more detailed.
Cons
glorified babysitter.