Little Flower Children and Family Services

Little Flower Children and Family Services Employer Reviews

LMSW
Social Work Supervisor (Current Employee), Long Island, NYJanuary 22, 2015
I currently work for a not for profit agency as a Social Work Supervisor. I provide supervision for over 100 clients who have varying diagnosis and over 20 employees. My experience has provided me with the skills needed to effectively ensure that NYS regulations and mandates are met to ensure program success and longevity. I provide support and direction in adequately servicing clients and abiding by New York State office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) standards and in my efforts have helped clients to accomplish their goals and overcome their obstacles. I conduct weekly case conferences to monitor and provide direction in order to ensure effective service provision as well as monitor that each client’s needs are being met. I also serve as a liaison between Little Flower Bridges to Health and several other agencies and have built strong relationships to further assist our client’s successes.
I am accustomed to handling multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines in a fast paced work environment. I have developed strong leadership ability throughout my experience and also have a team player philosophy which allows me to interact well with all members of the team to effectively accomplish the team’s goal. My supervisory experience has allowed me to develop strong interpersonal skills including proven competency in negotiation and conflict management.
Work place that is never dull
Adolescent Care Worker (Current Employee), Wading River, NYNovember 12, 2013
Work with youth in their daily routines. Mornings consist of waking up residents who have various psychological issues and developmental delays. Prompting them to take showers and showing them proper hygiene. Time management can be difficult for them in the morning, especially since most want to go back to sleep. There is constant dialogue with youth about any obstacles that they facing that morning and how to work through them. The staff work well off each other to ensure a smooth morning for everyone.
The most difficult part of the job is working with a resident who lacks any motivation or has no incentive to do what is asked of them, like getting up for school. When youth feel they have nothing to strive for it can be extremely difficult to get them motivated to complete the simplest of tasks.
The youth that are there are the most enjoyable part of the job. I find myself many times during my shift laughing and joking with them. Some kids are simply hilarious. It is always rewarding when they are excited to see you come in and work or when they leave the facility and call you to say thank you for helping them.
Each day is different from the next
House Manager (Former Employee), Wading River, NYJuly 17, 2013
See what needs to be done, follow up on paperwork, review Goal Books, work on scheduling, banking, plan recreation outings
Fraternity
Family Care Worker/Caseworker (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2012
Best fraternity in the world. I am honored to be apart of this movement.