Little Flower Children and Family Services Employee Reviews

Disgrace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wading River, NYDecember 30, 2016
This agency is full of disgraced higher ups, numerous lawsuits regarding inappropriate behavior and being treated poorly and unprofessionally. The program does not follow state guide lines and has no room for growth. The youth are. It monitored and the staff unqualified. Stay away
Pros
Zero
Cons
Bad work environment
Hectic
Health Care Integrator (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 20, 2016
It was an assembly line of paperwork. You didn't have time to think just do paperwork for the state. Rushed to take state test. It wasn't fun. You were to memorize form numbers but no rhyme or reason why you were doing using the forms.
Pros
Workshops
Cons
Managers saw dollar signs instead of people
the mission is no longer honored
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 28, 2016
Bad agency to work for, no support, lots of layoffs in the foster care department, lack of growth, incompetent directors, the OPWDD program is sadly falling apart. Used to be a great agency to work for or intern now it is just plain bad.
Pros
the pay is slightly better than most agencies
Cons
no support, no management, high turnover rate
Little Flower
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Wading River, NYAugust 6, 2015
Very difficult environment to work in. Not many ways to move up. The schedule is wonderful -9-5 as a social worker. Four weeks vacation a year that carry over. Sick time carries over. Co-workers are great but management is tough. Working with the kids is wonderful and rewarding but can be extremely challenging as well.
Overwhelming and lacks support
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2015
A lot of work and little support. Management is not very helpful. You are expected to make the job your life and it's a constant struggle to keep a balance between your personal life and work obligations.
fun place to work
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 23, 2015
Had a lot of educated workers, that was willing to help me out, even when they had a lot of work to do themselves. Learned lots of amazing stuff.
Productive environment
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work consisted on completing notes that needed to be into Connections.
Supervise visits between parents and children and siblings visit
Lmsw
Social Work Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 22, 2015
I currently work for a not for profit agency as a Social Work Supervisor. I provide supervision for over 100 clients who have varying diagnosis and over 20 employees. My experience has provided me with the skills needed to effectively ensure that NYS regulations and mandates are met to ensure program success and longevity. I provide support and direction in adequately servicing clients and abiding by New York State office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) standards and in my efforts have helped clients to accomplish their goals and overcome their obstacles. I conduct weekly case conferences to monitor and provide direction in order to ensure effective service provision as well as monitor that each client’s needs are being met. I also serve as a liaison between Little Flower Bridges to Health and several other agencies and have built strong relationships to further assist our client’s successes.
I am accustomed to handling multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines in a fast paced work environment. I have developed strong leadership ability throughout my experience and also have a team player philosophy which allows me to interact well with all members of the team to effectively accomplish the team’s goal. My supervisory experience has allowed me to develop strong interpersonal skills including proven competency in negotiation and conflict management.
Work place that is never dull
Adolescent Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Wading River, NYNovember 12, 2013
Work with youth in their daily routines. Mornings consist of waking up residents who have various psychological issues and developmental delays. Prompting them to take showers and showing them proper hygiene. Time management can be difficult for them in the morning, especially since most want to go back to sleep. There is constant dialogue with youth about any obstacles that they facing that morning and how to work through them. The staff work well off each other to ensure a smooth morning for everyone.
The most difficult part of the job is working with a resident who lacks any motivation or has no incentive to do what is asked of them, like getting up for school. When youth feel they have nothing to strive for it can be extremely difficult to get them motivated to complete the simplest of tasks.
The youth that are there are the most enjoyable part of the job. I find myself many times during my shift laughing and joking with them. Some kids are simply hilarious. It is always rewarding when they are excited to see you come in and work or when they leave the facility and call you to say thank you for helping them.
Each day is different from the next
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Wading River, NYJuly 17, 2013
See what needs to be done, follow up on paperwork, review Goal Books, work on scheduling, banking, plan recreation outings
Fraternity
Family Care Worker/Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2012
Best fraternity in the world. I am honored to be apart of this movement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Flower Children and Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6