Little River Healthcare Employee Reviews

Racism at its finest
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 22, 2018
I work for this company almost 2 years stayed when everyone walked off the job tired for another job in a different department they would hire outside the company and said try again next time it have another open very disappointing
Uneducated, lack of skills and knowledge
Director (Former Employee) –  Crockett, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Sadly, LRH has no real understanding of business. The corporate managers do not focus on getting the right people with the right qualifications to perform the expected functions of a hospital. LRH is unwilling to give the resources necessary to aid the hospital, causing harm to patients. Bad place to work. Run away from this deceptive group. Nepotism and favoritism is a major problem. They have fraudulent billing practices, do not use the right codes for insurance purposes, have no idea how to register a patient correctly, and charge you when they are too late in billing insurance. Totally incompetent.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no resources, lack of knowledge and skills
Registration Clerk/ data entry (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I love working here. Charge entry position is so easy. Great experince. My steping stone for my future. Hopely they giving people a career advancement.
Pros
Potluck
Not secure
Specimen Collector (Administration) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2017
In the position that I worked, if a clinic dropped the company, you would be out of work until the company placed you in a new location. But it is steady pay while you are working.
Pros
Daytime hours
Cons
Not enough hours and not secure
Innovative and fast paced environment.
Director Business Development, Oklahoma (Former Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 15, 2017
I learned a great deal with my position as Business Development manager at Little River Healthcare. I initiated the acquisition of an Oklahoma hospital, marketed our hospital services and recruited physicians for hospital coverage.
Pros
I was able to work independently and make many decisions on my own.
Cons
Financial issues with their Oklahoma franchise limited the need for my position.
little river healthcare
Director of Respiratory Care (Current Employee) –  Ashdown, AROctober 25, 2017
Little River healthcare is a small hospital with a family feel, everyone knows each other, and willing to help. its a great place to work and feel like home.
Na
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Crockett, TXOctober 4, 2017
This Hospital, has since shut down and permanently Closed. Rumors say Non-payment from Blue cross blue shield have officially been the reason to be closed
Slow paced
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Slow paced with little opportunity for advancement. 15-18 bed med surg unit. Flexible schedule and staffing. Management could be organized and structured.
Horrible company to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  TxSeptember 15, 2017
LRHC is definitely a fast growing company who is over running its employees on low pay, long hours, horrible health insurance packages, NO MATCHING 401k to me that's a no no.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lack of advancement, low pay, long hours, no full lunches, poor management, very unorganized
Apply with caution
Provider (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Depending on the clinic setting will be the determining factor in regards to office manager and employee moral. That being said upper management makes poor decisions that are becoming more and more known throughout the healthcare community in the greater Austin area. They are know to make emotional decisions without taking much thought in the overall outcome of these decisions. The overall culture throughout the company felt by employees is fear of pay cuts and fear of termination due to upper managements poor financial decision making. This company had a lot of potential and they could still if they learn from their mistakes.

They are known to make empty promises to employees, will pay any bonus or CME reimbursement on occasion, but do not expect it.
Pros
Family friendly, flexible hours.
Cons
Never know if you are going to have a job due to numberouscuts, never know if you are going to be asked to stay home either without pay or using your PTO, never know if you are going to be reimbursed for CMEs
Stressful and Unorganized
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 11, 2017
There was absolutely nobody who was a manager or executive here that knew what they were doing, people would get hired and then a month later they would have a layoff because they couldn't afford said people. It grew too quick and they couldn't keep up with what they had and the clinics suffered in result.
Very productive business
Data entry, scan documents (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, TXJuly 21, 2017
Friendly place to work for a part time job, supervisor was very helpful and considerate when problems arose. The staff were easy to get along with and helped out when needed if my supervisor was not to be there
Pros
The staff is very friendly
Cons
not enough work for part time, so I it was boring at times
No communication
Clinical Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, TXJuly 12, 2017
A lot of over worked and underpaid staff. No one communicates and everyone has the same authority level. There is no chain of command and policies are not followed.
Pros
allowed to work from home
Cons
No communication
Bad Management
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 30, 2017
Very disorganized. Management needs to work on being more friendly. Met some very nice people however I decided to leave because I did not like the set up.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else.
Little River Restructuring
Chargemaster Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, TXJune 30, 2017
Little River is restructuring at this time and very unstable. Employees are being given from 1 week to 1 day notice that their position is being eliminated. For me it's quite devastating, not only did I lose my salary, I have 1 day to find insurance and they will not pay the severed employees their accrued PTO time. I don't know if that's legal, doesn't seem to me that it should be since it's time I earned. I had 4 weeks of vacation on the books that I will not get. I loved my job but the treatment towards the employees leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
good
Director of Clinic Nurse Services (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 29, 2017
good place to work. I enjoy working for Little River Healthcare system. management and staff are friendly polite and caring. Management is available to talk with staff
Amazing workplace
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, TXJune 26, 2017
I love my job at LRHC. I have never been more happy in a job. The typical work day depends on what is happening within the territory. Some days are busier than others. Management has been amazing to me. The hardest part of the job was losing clients and the employees that came with them.
An unstable place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 21, 2017
This is a small healthcare company that operates facilities in rural areas where there is no competition. The organization is owned by several operating partners, three of which work out of the Round Rock office. There was rumored to be a silent partner, but I never confirmed this. They struggle to manage the company because many critical positions are filled by their friends and anyone who brings them bad news seems to disappear in short order.

The partner I worked with was angry all the time and was very difficult to work with. Female employees used the bathroom on a different floor just to avoid contact with her.

I was paid market value although many others were not. Almost everyone has a small low wall cube or a mini-cube, even managers and directors. Most of the lower and mid level employees work well together.
Pros
Great coworkers, lots of vacation days, cheap healthcare.
Cons
Benifets, holidays and sick days come out of vacation days, lay offs, you must use thier doctors to get full benifits.
great opportunities!!!
Patient Access Support Svcs Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 14, 2017
Great opportunities for advancement! Management is great and assist in providing you with the knowledge and skills you need to advance and gain knowledge.
Worked at Round Rock office
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 2, 2017
Worst Place I have ever worked. There is no team work and everything is disorganized. Team leads seem to be bothered by valid questions.Time is spent working on spreadsheets instead of an actual AR report. Majority of time is also speant on filling out repeated posting and refund request. Not allowed to post your own payments to resolve issues. Felt like I was working with my hands tied. Would not recommend this place unless drastic changes were made.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little River Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.