Little Sisters of The Poor Employee Reviews

okay place to work
Kitchen Porter/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MD 21228June 13, 2017
started out good and then different management took over the kitchen and it wasn't a great place to work. Made me go to part-time. Worked with the sisters prepping food, washing dishes, cleaning kitchen areas. Original employees that I worked with were great to work with until new company came in and took over the kitchen area which is when issues started to arise.
Pros
dealing with people of all ages
Cons
management
Love this company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 4, 2017
Honest true good people to work with, always have been good to me as an employer, have supported me through all my hardships, and been supportive of all there employees.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Thank you Little Sister of the Poor for teaching me how to care and love my residents early in my career as a nurse.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2017
I will start by letting you know that I did not jump into nursing. I prayed for a change of career and got just what I needed. Every day or minute is not not fun even though I look forward to going to work. I start by checking the resident. This is done as I walk into into the facility. checking staffing is also my responsibility. Check orders,labs after informing the aides of the important changed on the report.After stabilizing the floor & the staff, I prepare the twenty four hours report sheet for the next day as well as other requirements for the next day.In our facility, the day starts with night shift. Since experience has proven that most change in conditions start around three AM, I try to do as much as possible before this time. The facilities that I have worked in have been so understanding when it came to employees having to complete their work without milking the company. Being a nurse has improved my personality so much: I have learnt to be patient , tolerant, and loving to mention a few. I have also learnt to smile when the going is though ; this did not happen over night. To be honest it was one of my biggest challenges as a nurse. As a matter of fact, there are still times when I have to stop and say a little prayer. Looking at those desperate eyes and listening to that inner voice saying help please, remains me that, it could be me needing assistance. From the bottom of my heart, I love nursing and will always love nursing.
Pros
Free Turkey
Cons
Not interested in educational advancement of emplyees
A great place to work.
Environmental Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2017
I really enjoyed my work experience at the Little Sisters of the Poor. The atmosphere and my co-workers, the Nuns and the staff that I worked with were GREAT!!
Very interactive job, fast paced, have to be clean and thorough!! Well worth it.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDApril 28, 2017
Had a lot of fun at this job. Met a lot of people as well. The environment was kinda fast paced and you need to be able to clean and serve quickly. It becomes repetitive so you get better.
Pros
Pay was never late
Cons
Fast pace
Probably the most pleasant environment I've ever worked in.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2017
Probably the most pleasant environment I've ever worked in.
The hardest part of the job is going home at end of the day.
Management very involved in day to day activity.
Diverse .
It was definitely a different experience working with the nuns
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 23, 2017
Assistance with showering bathing transferring activities of the daily life assist with feeding transfer resident from bed to chair chair to bed get vital signs
Great people
Resident Activities volunteer (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAFebruary 24, 2017
Be with people motivated by religious beliefs to make the world better for the elderly. The management is nuns, easy to converse with. Many opportunities to have viewpoints discussed.
Not the greatest.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2017
I worked here as a new nurse and it was hectic. It's a beautiful facility but your bosses are all nuns who watch you like a hawk 24/7. They live upstairs in the convent and can come down even in the middle of the night and micro-manage your nursing skills (even though many of them have zero nursing experience.) These nuns' lives revolve around the facility and the residents so they expect your life to be the same. If you call in sick or have family issues, surprisingly they are not compassionate and get upset. The benefits and pay are horrible. $23 an hour for a registered nurse in San Francisco!!! I wouldn't suggest it unless you're a new nurse who is in desperate need of a job.
Pros
Clean, 4 star facility
Cons
Micromanage, poor pay, poor benefits
Great organization with a tremendous mission
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJFebruary 7, 2017
Very easy management team to get along with. Look for people with an interest in helping the elderly. Extremely warm, welcoming environment. We have several employees with over 40 years of service, about a dozen with over 30 years and many more with over 25. Any donations that do not go to the residents are for the employees. They treat their employees with respect.
Little sisters of the poor
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 16, 2017
A great place to work, people friendly, work flexibility, open door policy with the HR,very supportive team, and less restrain from growing.
Pros
Lunch offered, family orientated
Cons
healthcare
Great place!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 27, 2016
Awesome place to work. Different environment. Full time 8 hour shifts hard to deal with. Little time off to enjoy your own life.amazing benefits. Sweet residents. Great co workers!
Pros
Great Coworkers and benefits
Cons
Little time off
coperative team work all the time. enjoyable
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 7, 2016
Team work,making residents comfortable. trustworthy, good time management. corporation co-workers.Dying residents in pain. communicating with residents and shearing opinions.
Pros
appreciative of cna's works all the time
Cons
shortage of staff which result on more assignment on CNAs
Productive fun place too work.
Supervisor Angie Hertel (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 8, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job is being able too sit down and take brakes and lunches with fellow co- workers. Being able too go too the US post office in Midtown Mobile on weekends.Excellent Management .
Pros
Holiday lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Helping with the elderly is always a plus
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 3, 2016
The staff always worked together. We were a team, and I enjoyed that. Help is always a plus. Place was kept clean. The nuns were amazing. So sweet!
I love my job. Prividing care for the residents no matter the circumstances.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2016
Over all very clean facility. Enjoyed my staff members because we always tried to work as a team. The sisters were very supportive with my family needs.
Pros
Team work was a priority to my unit crew.
Cons
Not enough CNA per shifts.
Good company to work for
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHOctober 20, 2016
I worked with this company for twenty eight years I think that speaks for it self we were like family I worked with a lot of good people the sisters took care of its residents and employees
Cons
short breaks
I really loved working at Little Sister of The poor.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2016
Everyone was so nice and helpful. The sisters were hands on and that was fun and I learned a lot from them and everyone. ./The residents were very friendly with all staff. I really do miss everyone there.
Pros
The kitchen staff was always willing to teach me new things.
Cons
I had to leave them.
warm and inviting and suprbly clean environment
Licensed practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2016
structured shifts with adequate supervision. Managerial skills especially interpersonal communication. Diversity of ethnic backgrounds. Managing difficult employees. resident care and interaction with staff, volunteers and family members.
Pros
warm environment
Cons
`intermittent inequality of employee support and insufficient praise for a good job when done
Great coworkers
TMA CNA (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 11, 2016
I am enjoying working in this nurturing environment. I have been given opportunities to educate and advance myself in my career. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of our residents.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Understaffed sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Sisters of The Poor. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2