Little Sisters of The Poor Employee Reviews in United States

Use to love this job, but the staff changed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2016
4 CNAs to 24 patients is a great situation when all 4 CNAs are working together. When the employees changed and supervisors changed it was not as enjoyable for me. Really loved the residents and sisters who run the establishment. You get one 30minute lunch break and a 20minute break as well.
Pros
very light wrokload compared to most other long term care faciliteis
Cons
some CNAs and nurses are not as active as they should be
Great Experience and Environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 18, 2016
They motivate and work with all employees to help make them better. You feel nothing but love and acceptance. Everyday isn't always the same but they always have a plan when things happen.
Cons
Short Breaks
Goals to help the elderly poor are wonderful.
Resident Services (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 1, 2016
The elderly are held in high esteem. Many pains are taken to assure the Residents they are valued and to preserve their dignity. It is an environment where all religions are honored and upheld even though it is run by Catholic nuns.
Cons
Cannot take vacation from 12/15 through 1/5
I loved this job they treat they're employees and residence like family.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 15, 2016
I loved this job , I loved the fact that they treated they're employees like family. And they help you out to the best of they're ability.
Little Sisters of the Poor was a great place to work
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHFebruary 22, 2016
Working with the good sisters and great people helping the elderly
every day. Hardest part of the was when a resident would pass away, and the best part was when they smiled after helping them
solve a problem.
Productive, Positive Environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2016
Nice place to work for. Everyone very nice, fun and gets along with others.
As receptionist, greeting visitors and residents makes this job very enjoyable.
Assisting others as needed.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2016
I loved working for them, due to them giving back. The residents loved the care that they recieved. The work place was very clean and the employers were treated well.
work was ok
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2015
working for little sisters of the poor was crazy co- workers talked behind your back, did no call no shows and still had there jobs, called off before pay day, everyone wanted to be the boss, good place to make some money for a part time job but not to live off of
Pros
the food was great depend on who cooked
Cons
unfriendly work environment at times
A nice and rewarding place to be
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 23, 2015
A typical day for me would be, arrive at 7am, check email and phone messages, verify and appointments for that day, get paperwork for visit to doctor, pull whatever charts that would be needed or any doctor that maybe coming that day. Checking my stock supply room and placing any orders or supplies that may be needed. Checking the fax machine for orders and filling all medical equipment with paper. Transferring resident to and from doctors appointments.
Pros
Beng able to work independantly, while still having the help of my co-workers
Cons
Not having enough help to get the residents to their appointments
Good work place
Nurses Aide/Certified Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 24, 2015
Helped out the residents on all different shifts. Co workers are great, not much room for advancement but if youre going to school in the medical field, this is a great place to learn if this is the right field for you
Pros
Great residents and co workers
Cons
No over time, No raises
Little Sisters of the Poor
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 9, 2015
This place is a great place to work, it is always a positive work environment the staff is very compassionate about what they do.
great place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  cincinnati, ohioJune 24, 2015
at 6:55, I will clock in then turn on hot cart for breakfast, get my juices and set tables for the residents. when residents step into the dinning area they are to be seated and ask what they would like to eat, usually they would ask for coffee and donuts to start them off I enjoy my resident talks they are some interesting elderly people. after residents are done eating I remove the dishes and clean the tables off and reset them for the next meal. they meals are set off as breakfast, dinner and supper.
Pros
do have coffee and donuts set out in the morning to get workers started
Cons
more pay would be nice
Clean and Professional
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2015
A fantastic facility run by Catholic order, Little Sister of the Poor. I thoroughly enjoyed my 14 years working there. I was very fortunate to work in their facility in Northern California and Minnesota. In both facilities I experienced kindness, compassion, and professionalism from all the people I worked with.
Pros
Stable work hours
Cons
Periods of short of staff.
Productive, fun, and helpful coworkers. Never a dull moment, there is always something that needs to be done.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gallup, NMJune 26, 2015
Enjoyed working here, very clean, caring employees, and the residents are the center of all we do. The residents are active, daily activities are pre planned. The teamwork is awesome.
Pros
Residents, flexible hours, coworkers, and supportive supervisor.
Cons
only part time work
Its closed
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrensville, OHNovember 7, 2015
The job is now closed, the company sold to a private investor and didnt think of its employees and their families. I learned a lot.
It's alright
Porter (Current Employee) –  Oregon, OHNovember 28, 2015
The pay is not that good. The coworkers are alright. Management is pretty good. Overall, it's a good job for a little while.
Disorganized and dysfunctional place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2015
always new people because the turn over rate was horrible and management didn't respect that you had a life outside of your job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 26, 2015
I felt like part of a team at the Little Sisters. My bosses knew how to treat people and were outstanding people themselves.
I have so much fun and learned a lot of things in troubleshooting, analyzing and so much fun working with my teammates
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 30, 2015
I have so much skills that i shared and learned at this Companies and im looking at more closer to my home cause of higher gas expenses and paying fastrack everyday passing to the bridge..
I am a hard worker, dependable, and punctual.
Volunteer/Activities Aide (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 30, 2014
I am a Health Aide. When I worked I would assist with moving someone from bed, bathroom, bathing, eating, exercising, oxygen, companionship, laundry, writing a daily summary of symptoms, intake in food, bm, and dressing. The hardest part of the job is when the client fell and I had to get someone to help me lift her off floor. The most enjoyable part is talking with the patient and reading to them.
Pros
i had a purpose in my life because i was doing what i loved to do.
Cons
she was a little testy.

Little Sisters of The Poor Reviews by Location