Little Sprouts Employee Reviews in United States

Company's philosophy/culture is good
INFANT/TODDLER/PRESCHOOL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MA, Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Working at Little Sprouts, I loved the philosophy and the friendly atmosphere at certain centers, however, management does not enforce the company's philosophies and work culture at all locations. Yes, management does care about the children but since this daycare has become so "commercialized," it's now more about keeping up with other daycares to bring in the most money. It is hard to stay on top of 22 centers. Some centers are very unprofessional with staff cursing four-letter words while children are present. Others are very professional and friendly where the employees at those centers do not care about the low salary compared to their love for the children. Work-life balance is pretty much non-existent for staff. Sometimes, staff are working 9 hours with no breaks and this can go on for a week or 2. Teachers are expected to produce so much with so little time. They cannot give what they're not given. Certain times, classroom materials need to be bought out of pocket. Management does need to work on balance- invest in teachers instead of buying the "state of the art equipment". These equipment are worthless compared to your staff who sacrifice themselves and family life for the company. I was offered a 15-cent raise in the over-three-years I'd been there.
Pros
Children, vouchers accepted, staff creativity
Cons
Long hours, high expectations and no time, salary does not match the work performed
Be careful
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 18, 2016
This place is not recommended. Be careful so that you don't get accused for doing wrong when your innocent. Keep your guard and how you handle the children. Protect yourself cause this can ruin your career.
Pros
Structured environment
Cons
Management plays favoritism
Amazing co-workers and smiling children - my dream job!!!
Home Office (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 19, 2015
I have always dreamed of making a difference in the lives of children and, at Little Sprouts, I can achieve my dream. My co-workers are incredibly supportive and help me become a better professional in my field. There is joy and discovery throughout the halls. There is a very special culture at Little Sprouts that is warm, welcoming and friendly. Little Sprouts respects teachers as EDUCATORS. This is NOT daycare! Hands down, this is the best job I have ever had. I feel loved by the people with whom I work every day and, even on the tough days, I know they are there to support me. In a place where you'll find daily laughter across the company, from the children in the classrooms to your co-workers and up through management, this is the place I know I want to be.
Great kids and parents not so great staff
TODDLER TEACHER (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 20, 2016
Management was lacking when needed the most. Certain staff would get away with doing certain things that are not allowed because management was "scared" of them. Always short staffed, would be required to stay late if they couldn't get you out on time. Co-workers only looked out for them selves not very team oriented place.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, short staffed
Would NOT recommend for anyone!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Andover maJanuary 31, 2015
I worked there for only a few months but let me tell you, it was awful! The management was terrible, they turned the other way when they knew things were happening that weren't supposed to. They told some classrooms they couldn't teach certain things when the same aged and younger kids were learning the same lessons. I would never send my own child to little sprouts. Yes some of the teachers were great but most of them were awful, fake, and in the wrong career field and I know I'm not the only one who felt this way. The director and education coach picked favorites and if you weren't one of them you were constantly getting harassed. HR is there all the time because of things they hear but when they walk in everyone is on their best behavior, they don't see what's really happening behind closed doors.
Pros
spending the day with the kids
Cons
everything else
If u love kids, its the perfect place to work.
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 19, 2012
Management not that great, salary is really low. But energetic, fun and full of loving children.
Children should be the main focus of education not profits like Mickey D
teacher (Current Employee) –  brightonApril 21, 2013
Urgh, where do I begin developmentally appropriate practice is a joke take it from me I work for this company and the management couldnt care less about education . It is more about giving teachers a hard time doing their job instead of meeting the needs of every learner . The Hr continue to hire incompetent people and brush off the importance of training good candidate well. Come on really! If LS would stop playing favorites this could actually be a decent company or best place to work. The hardest part is the babysitting that is still evident not among the kids but the teachers.

Low standards is also evident in their choices for where they focus the money, as a teacher at BRighton it makes people sick at work to watch what happens around here. I know I'm not alone in this view!
Pros
mcdonald effect
Cons
lack of ingenuity and creative thinking....cookie cutter curriculum
Enjoyable work environment
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAMarch 12, 2015
overall little sprouts is a great company to work for they have a desire to aid in students learning. the management helps to provide a strong background for teachers to thrive in their classroom. the hardest part of the job is reaching all the children's needs without the help of outside services.
creative and nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJune 17, 2015
• Provided administrative support for the day-to-day activities of the Center Director
• Managed front desk with multi-line telephone system
• Directed and prioritized incoming calls
• Updated and accurately filed student’s records
Focused more quantity over quality.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence/North AndoverJune 30, 2013
I have worked here since for 4 years and loved it. I went to college and came back hoping to be rehired but their hire person is more focused on hiring less experienced and cheaper workers. It has been affecting the the quality of their daycare creating more disappointed parents. The children are wonderful and so are the parents. With I could go back but management has been caring less about their employees. HR never replies to your emails or picks up the phone. Just pick up and tell me why you refuse to offer me work.
Pros
children and families
Cons
money over quality
Touching and knowledge
Certified Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 9, 2013
I would get to work most days by 8am. I would set up my classsroom for my early infants and check off on them. I would go over my curriculum and phone in on any missing infants to reassure there saftey and their health. All day doing activities and taking care of the well being of these wonderful little children.. I learned that paitients can get you far. That managment can be great when working in harmony. The hardest part of the job was the end of the day the most enjoyable was spending quality and valuable time with our future leaders.
Pros
learned everyday about the care of others young and old alike
Cons
having to long of lunches and coimg back to a crying room that missed there teacher
Not worth the amount of effort
Floating Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 7, 2015
Definitly not paid enough for the amount of work you do, not to mention the work you do off the clock to keep up with such high standards. Great place for kids, not such a great place to work.
Review for Little Sprouts
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 11, 2014
Love working with the kids they are the best part of this job. I just feel as sometimes u don't get appreciated for the effort you put into the classrooms and working with the kids. too know that the kids go home and practice to be the teacher at home or look forward to coming back the next day just for you is the best feeling ever.
Fun, energetic kids
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 23, 2015
The children are very enjoyable, fun and creative. I love having my own classroom to be creative. I have learned that creating and implementing work and activities takes a lot of thought.
Excellent for both children and teachers
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 10, 2013
I love this company! They have an amazing culture that cannot be replicated. The education is right inline with the mass. frameworks. Great work environment!
OK place to work for new, unexperienced Teachers
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAMarch 8, 2012
You can learn the basics here. I had some fun times but this program is all about the money and not so much about what is best for the children anymore. Somewhere they lots what is important-the children!
Pros
great staff (teachers)
Cons
no longer a developmentally appropriate practice
fun loving place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 13, 2013
typical day at work -reading. counting feeding,changing diapers, ant etc
what i learned was diffrent styles of teaching kids and just having fun.
hardest part for me there was noo hard part

the most enjoyable is getting the opportunity to teach and care for kids in all ages
Fun environment and loving.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MANovember 19, 2012
its a wonderful loving atmosphere, teachers exceptional, i learned daily curriculum, collaborated in teaching table and circle time. Provided a safe environment inside and outside for the young children.
Pros
learning something new everyday.
Cons
wish i was hired.
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 25, 2014
I loved when I would walk into class and I would be greeted with warm hugs and smiles from my kids. I learned a lot more teaching techniques that I can use with my own children at home which are very helpful. I loved doing fun activities with the kids.
Low pay at McChildcare
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 19, 2014
I would never send my kids here. Teachers are not skilled and do not treat the children well.
Pros
trainings
Cons
pay, work environment, uneducated staff

2.9