Little Sprouts Employee Reviews

Children
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 7, 2017
If you love children this is the place for you. I loved the kids and my co workers. All so sweet. I worked a lot and the worked around me if i needed it. Felt like i was family there. Have nothing bad to say
Pros
Everything is amazing
Cons
some holidays you dont get off
Positive, supportive, team-based work environment!
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 10, 2017
Little Sprouts is a wonderful place to work, everyday. Management is very supportive, and makes their appreciation of their employees known. The culture of the workplace is very team-based, with open communication between all in order to get the job done efficiently and as effortlessly as possible. Thinking outside of the box is often rewarded, and advancement always feels within reach.
Fun and Loving work family, great work/life balance
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Great vibes from beginning til end. When things get stressful you have your work family to lean on. Great office environment. Everyone is here doing what they love.
Pros
Great people. Great culture. Supportive management.
Cons
no ping pong table.
Wonderful work environment & Friendly people
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 27, 2017
I LOVE working for Little Sprouts.The team of people I work with are amazing and super helpful! A typical work day for me is usually 9-5, which is great as I go to school nights, I have acquired many new skills at Little Sprouts such as gaining insight and knowledge on Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel, as well as many child care and marketing programs. Of course there are occasional stressful days here and there where you need to meet deadlines etc..but I realized working at Little Sprouts it's all about the way you handle it. Taking a few deep breaths goes a long way to calming down and clearing your mind. I feel like the management team here is exceptional. They really go out of their way to say hi and see how your day is going. I also feel as though there is great communication between our corporate office and 22 schools. What I really love most about my current position is that I get to see what goes into making and keeping a school running smoothly. Everyone works so well together to make sure our schools are doing the very best to meet the needs of children and parents.
Pros
We get to wear jeans on Fridays!
Happy, smiling team!
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 27, 2017
I LOVE working for Little Sprouts and cannot imagine a more supportive, caring environment. My co-workers are great: fun, funny, responsible, responsive, and kind. Everyone is a team player and loves working together to meet our goals. I especially like the costume dress up days, staff celebration parties and pot lucks, and appreciation events. Getting up to go to work is not a hassle anymore - I look forward to going to work. We work hard, but we work together, and we make a big difference in the lives of children and families!
Kids are fun!
Preschool Teacher / Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 19, 2017
This job taught me a lot, but I also taught myself a lot within this field as well. It brought my closer to the children and families and they let me learn a lot about them. It made my love for children even greater.
Poor leadership
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJanuary 6, 2017
Management in this company is poor. Overwork employees. Low pay. Little raises. Directors do not help with troubling situations. No paid breaks. Very little time off.
Pros
Work weeks.
Cons
Low pay. Overworked.
Great place for learning patience and composure
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2017
The best part of the day is walking in and seeing the smiles on their little faces and being able to watch them learn and grow. Each day brings new challenges but along with a great administration staff and the help of my fellow teachers it is very well manageable
No so great place to work if in boston area
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2016
Beware!!! Thought this place was going to be a wonderful experience but it was a living nightmare the curriculum they have is great but for children who are ready to be taught you definitely can not be stern with children for proper discipline to obtain a successful again in education and beware of staff who is in your business or trying to lie about you to get u fired its ridiculous and your not given a fair chance to prove your character no warning or anything yo ppl who are truly passionate about helping kids find somewhere else or in the suburbs because those are tge kids who want ti learn and you can tell the parents are involvedit does not all lie in the teacher but the parent as well
Pros
Some great children
Cons
Disrespectful, can not have your on mind, co workers are spiteful (some), and high turnover in good employees
With the right management would be the ideal place to work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2016
as a current employee of Little Sprouts Boston, i have had the opportunity of meeting many wonderful parents and adorable children. However, i am not quite sure if their corporate staff is aware of how unprofessional the management of their Boston center actually is. Management if one can call it that,they do not possess the necessary skills to enforce effective management. An example of this would be instead of uplifting and encouraging staff that are an asset to the company, they openly try to force them out. During the infant and toddlers afternoon nap time, management and some staff can be heard outside of classroom doors talking loudly and laughing with no regard for the children who are napping. Another thing is talking openly about the parents, with staff. so in this regard i give this company a ZERO, unless the Boston management changes it attitude and focuses more on professional management and not friendship management then their ratings for this location will improve.Other, red flags are placing friends in classrooms who are not certified by EEC standards to care for children.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
teacher to child ratio is off the charts'

Want to know more about Little Sprouts?

Ask a question
Family First
Education (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2016
This place really does feel like a family. A lot of places say it, but it seems real at Little Sprouts. I always know that my colleagues are supporting me, and the care for the children comes first. A typical day pretty much revolves around playing with kids and watching them grow. I can't imagine a better thing to do AND get paid for it! My team is the best and I know they care about me. The pay isn't great and the work can be hard, but it is SO rewarding.
Pros
GREAT culture, fun, play-based, growth opportunities abound
Cons
Compensation in early education stinks
Great kids and parents not so great staff
TODDLER TEACHER (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 20, 2016
Management was lacking when needed the most. Certain staff would get away with doing certain things that are not allowed because management was "scared" of them. Always short staffed, would be required to stay late if they couldn't get you out on time. Co-workers only looked out for them selves not very team oriented place.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, short staffed
Be careful
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 18, 2016
This place is not recommended. Be careful so that you don't get accused for doing wrong when your innocent. Keep your guard and how you handle the children. Protect yourself cause this can ruin your career.
Pros
Structured environment
Cons
Management plays favoritism
very busy fast paced environment
Lead Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 17, 2016
At this job a typical work day was two-three teachers in a classroom with fifteen one-year-old. It was fun interacting with the children and I learned some valuable leadership and team work skills. However, management, while supportive, was quite negative. This negativity impacted all staff, it was hard to stay upbeat. My co-workers, when not over stressed, were fun and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of this job for me was staying positive among all the negativity. The most enjoyable part was getting to work along side my co-teacher and interact with all the children.
Pros
Great co-workers, interacting with families, making curriculum
Cons
costly benefits, negative atmosphere, low pay
Company's philosophy/culture is good
INFANT/TODDLER/PRESCHOOL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MA, Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Working at Little Sprouts, I loved the philosophy and the friendly atmosphere at certain centers, however, management does not enforce the company's philosophies and work culture at all locations. Yes, management does care about the children but since this daycare has become so "commercialized," it's now more about keeping up with other daycares to bring in the most money. It is hard to stay on top of 22 centers. Some centers are very unprofessional with staff cursing four-letter words while children are present. Others are very professional and friendly where the employees at those centers do not care about the low salary compared to their love for the children. Work-life balance is pretty much non-existent for staff. Sometimes, staff are working 9 hours with no breaks and this can go on for a week or 2. Teachers are expected to produce so much with so little time. They cannot give what they're not given. Certain times, classroom materials need to be bought out of pocket. Management does need to work on balance- invest in teachers instead of buying the "state of the art equipment". These equipment are worthless compared to your staff who sacrifice themselves and family life for the company. I was offered a 15-cent raise in the over-three-years I'd been there.
Pros
Children, vouchers accepted, staff creativity
Cons
Long hours, high expectations and no time, salary does not match the work performed
Amazing co-workers and smiling children - my dream job!!!
Home Office (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 19, 2015
I have always dreamed of making a difference in the lives of children and, at Little Sprouts, I can achieve my dream. My co-workers are incredibly supportive and help me become a better professional in my field. There is joy and discovery throughout the halls. There is a very special culture at Little Sprouts that is warm, welcoming and friendly. Little Sprouts respects teachers as EDUCATORS. This is NOT daycare! Hands down, this is the best job I have ever had. I feel loved by the people with whom I work every day and, even on the tough days, I know they are there to support me. In a place where you'll find daily laughter across the company, from the children in the classrooms to your co-workers and up through management, this is the place I know I want to be.
creative and nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJune 17, 2015
• Provided administrative support for the day-to-day activities of the Center Director
• Managed front desk with multi-line telephone system
• Directed and prioritized incoming calls
• Updated and accurately filed student’s records
Not worth the amount of effort
Floating Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 7, 2015
Definitly not paid enough for the amount of work you do, not to mention the work you do off the clock to keep up with such high standards. Great place for kids, not such a great place to work.
Enjoyable work environment
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAMarch 12, 2015
overall little sprouts is a great company to work for they have a desire to aid in students learning. the management helps to provide a strong background for teachers to thrive in their classroom. the hardest part of the job is reaching all the children's needs without the help of outside services.
Fun, energetic kids
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 23, 2015
The children are very enjoyable, fun and creative. I love having my own classroom to be creative. I have learned that creating and implementing work and activities takes a lot of thought.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Sprouts. Our community is ready to answer.