Our toddler teacher works as a member of a team who together create an environment that is conductive to learning for young children. This is done in cooperation with students, parents, staff, colleagues, atelieristas, and administrators. Candidates for this position will have demonstrated the following characteristics: passion for early childhood education, flexibility, patience, respect for the child and family, creativity, compassion, authenticity in all relationships, love of learning, high energy, sense of humor, and the ability to work collaboratively with other staff.
- Facilitates learning opportunities that take into account the developmental levels of the children.
- Engages children in problem solving, working cooperatively in groups, interacting with the community, appreciating diversity, and learning through service.
- Encourages children to be self-motivated, independent, and creates an environment that will ensure a sense of wonder and love of learning.
- Creates an environment that enables students to succeed in learning at their appropriate level.
- Engages with children in the act of reflection as learners.
- Links assessment to learning and makes it visible through documentation.
- Works as a partner with parents in the child’s education.
- Commits to character education.
- Commits to building relationships with the natural environment.
- Uses technology proficiently as a tool for management and educational purposes and when using the school’s information management system.
- Attends and participates in school events at the request of the administration.
Applicants should submit to Maryam Lumpkin
- Resume with related and all past work experience and all certifications
- 3 reference letters/or names and contact information for references
- Cover Letter including:
o Statement of Educational o Statement of Interest in Community Day School
o Salary requirements (must be included to be considered)
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard