Multi-state, public company headquartered in Austin, Texas seeking experienced General Ledger & Fixed Asset accountant to join high performance team.
Degree in Accounting and five–seven years accounting and enterprise level system experience required
Knowledge of general ledger accounting in an enterprise software system environment (MAS, Great Plains, SAP, J. D. Edwards). Familiarity with A/R, A/P and Fixed assets. MAS90/200/500 system experience preferred. FRx, Crystal reports or FAS knowledge a plus. Multi-company experience a must.
Ideal candidate will have excellent organization and analytical skills, communication and interpersonal skills, be a hands-on self-starter with strong work ethic with an ability to meet deadlines and able to change priorities when needed.
Excellent MS Office proficiency (Excel-2003/2010, Word, Outlook, etc).
- Perform month-end close of multiple subsidiaries.
- Prepare, post, and maintain journal entries, including accrual and recurring entries.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts including ATM Cash reconciliations, maintain detailed account analyses.
- Maintain fixed assets and accumulated depreciation, prepare reconciliation between MAS and FAS.
- Maintain Detailed Personal & Real Property Tax Records and prepare annual submissions to Local Appraisal Districts.
- Assist with internal and external audits, including preparation of audit schedules and analyses.
- Special financial analysis projects and reporting as required, including due diligence on acquisition targets.
- Other duties as needed
Position will report directly to the Corporate Controller.
Friendly and open enviroment.
Competitive salary and benefits
Interested candidates should email resumes with current salary history, required