Liturgical Publications, Inc.

Liturgical Publications, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Lousy backstabbers
press room (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 21, 2016
Management used and abused everyone who KNEW how to do their job and worked hard.....the ones who did less seemed to be favored....no two people ever had the same information on deadlines and how a job should be done....the 2nd shift press guys were awesome, rest spent more time talking than anything....lousy place to work, bad raises, and no praises
Pros
close to home
Cons
everything else
Hard work. With little help
press operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2016
We the pressroom staff, all 20 of us
were just told this week that half of us would be layed off in less than two months, because Lpi had just purchased a new HP inkjet printing press, we had to interview for the four openings on the new press, Two days into the new year of 2016, HAPPY NEW YEAR
Pros
Time off when needed
Cons
Time off when not needed anymore
Average Work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTNovember 17, 2015
Decent work decent pay . Management for most of the time were on point with daily task. Typical day at work generally a good atmosphere..
Wonderful job but very low pay
Regional Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2015
I left the company because I was making such little money. While it was rewarding to sell advertising into church bulletins on a regional level, the base and commission potential was very low. Even some of the top producers in the company shared that the pay is not fair for the hard work that we do.
people where nice
Lead Pressman (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 28, 2015
overall a
good company to work for. The hours were long but worth hving the weekends off if it wasn't a holiday. I did work here for almost 7 years. This was a printing company so worked on a printing press 4c/2 The hardest part was meeting dead lines. I enjoyed the people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
fast pace enviroment
Good Company
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NortheastAugust 13, 2015
I enjoyed working for Liturgical Publications. The company and management was fair and resourceful. Great trainers. World class training.
If you like to travel, this is your job!
Pros
Good company/pay/support
Cons
Need more allowance for hotel stays. My only con.
I loved this company
Typsetter and Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 29, 2015
I worked for Liturgical Publications, better known as LPI, for 6 years. I learned typsetting, proofreading and pasteup through this company.

I left due to pregnancy with twins; I stayed home for 14 years to care for my children.
Pros
Great place to work, busy place
Cons
Location is not on busline and is now in Cromwell, CT
good place to learn trade
production (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTApril 17, 2015
Management drags there fethet on improving production in different departments. They don't take construtive critosime litely, they are idiots diplomacy
Pros
no experience, good place to learn
Cons
Experienced don't apply! Won't pay what your worth.
Working at Liturgical Publications
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 5, 2015
The job itself was fun. Unfortunately the compensation wasn't the best. The product was poor quality, and fell far below competitor but priced at a premium to the competitor.
Pros
fun job, and worked with many different types of clients.
Cons
traveled way too much, and the compensation lacked.
Office
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cromwell ConnecticutJanuary 21, 2015
Great place to start out but not to go further into advancement.
Pros
excellent office mgr
Cons
uneducated sales managers
No room for advancement
Eastern Region Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJanuary 15, 2015
Working with Liturgical for over 5 years, I found myself in a position that did not create any advancement.
Pros
hours
Cons
lack of communication
steer cleer
Regional account executive (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 13, 2014
travel a lot

sub standard wages

poor work / life balance

company does very little to support the employee
Pros
liked people that worked there
Cons
no management support
It was a good culture until restructure.
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Home based office. Covering: MI, PA, NY, OH, WV, VA, NC, SC, AL, LA, GA, FL.

The management team was awesome to work with. However, the company restructured and everyone left and the culture drastically changed.

It's really sad to see a thriving business spiral down and lose good, strong, quality people.
Cons
the compensation did not support the amount of travel.
Poor management / No support offered whatsoever
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WISeptember 29, 2014
As many others have reviewed this company does not support new hires. The pay is substandard and the management doesn't do anything to support the reps in the field.
Pros
in office 1 day a week ussually fridays
Cons
not a good place to work!!!
A Great place to learn in other depts and take those skills to your new department
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day at work was to make sure all payments were processed and applied to customer's accounts. Any disputes of payments were reviewed and solved. I enjoyed working for the company I was with I was able to transfer from 2 positions to the current one of Accounting Clerk and learn more skills as needed.

My boss was outstanding and that was the other reason I stayed 18 years. My co-workers were awesome too we were very close like family.

The hardest part of the job was satisfying other staff such as some of the sales managers that were just unpleasant .

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I completed every entry for the day not leaving any account not paid and any credits or refunds that were honored I processed immediately within that business day.
Pros
working independently
Cons
health care
good location
Inside Sales Reprisentative and A-C (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJuly 22, 2014
good hours good pay. good parties
great intensives.good location.
Pros
good hours good pay
Cons
i needed child care at the time and did not find any. my kids are all grown up now.
No support.
Ad rep (Former Employee) –  Cromwell.June 22, 2014
All that matters is Wisconsin and the numbers for them. Bait and switch on clients. They want an ad in one town. Complete dishonesty. Corporate bullying and harassment. The state needs to pop in. I made less each year and worked harder?! Manager is not available leaves early to go home or wherever I could hear his kids in the car but he tells me he's on the road at a clients. Liar.
Pros
pros your not in the office making anyone coffee
Cons
what they promise is not in the contract do not allow your contract revised at their discretion
You are your own boss, get to meet a lot of great people
Regional Advertising Sales Rep / Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 21, 2014
LPI has been a good employer for many years. Management is hands off and co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is the hours and there can be a lot of travel required. The best part of the job is the great people and accounts you get to work with.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
a lot of travel and expense reimbursement
Productive and fun work environment.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 28, 2013
Very great company to work for from management to co-workers. The hardest part of this position is the your clients are churches ad churches move on the speed of church no matter how great the benefit is.
Great company, had a very valuable mentor
Lead Pressmen (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 23, 2013
Was a great job was promoted 3 times during my tenure. Travel to other locations training newly hired Pressmen. Designed and planned new facility in Cleveland Ohio.

2.9