Liturgical Publications, Inc.

Liturgical Publications, Inc. Employer Reviews

It was a good culture until restructure.
Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: the compensation did not support the amount of travel.
Home based office. Covering: MI, PA, NY, OH, WV, VA, NC, SC, AL, LA, GA, FL.

The management team was awesome to work with. However, the company restructured and everyone left and the culture drastically changed.

It's really sad to see a thriving business spiral down and lose good, strong, quality people.
Poor management / No support offered whatsoever
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), New Berlin, WISeptember 29, 2014
Pros: in office 1 day a week ussually fridays
Cons: not a good place to work!!!
As many others have reviewed this company does not support new hires. The pay is substandard and the management doesn't do anything to support the reps in the field.
A Great place to learn in other depts and take those skills to your new department
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: working independently
Cons: health care
A typical day at work was to make sure all payments were processed and applied to customer's accounts. Any disputes of payments were reviewed and solved. I enjoyed working for the company I was with I was able to transfer from 2 positions to the current one of Accounting Clerk and learn more skills as needed.

My boss was outstanding and that was the – more... other reason I stayed 18 years. My co-workers were awesome too we were very close like family.

The hardest part of the job was satisfying other staff such as some of the sales managers that were just unpleasant .

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I completed every entry for the day not leaving any account not paid and any credits or refunds that were honored I processed immediately within that business day. – less
good location
Inside Sales Reprisentative and A-C (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good hours good pay
Cons: i needed child care at the time and did not find any. my kids are all grown up now.
good hours good pay. good parties
great intensives.good location.
No support.
Ad rep (Former Employee), Cromwell.June 22, 2014
Pros: pros your not in the office making anyone coffee
Cons: what they promise is not in the contract do not allow your contract revised at their discretion
All that matters is Wisconsin and the numbers for them. Bait and switch on clients. They want an ad in one town. Complete dishonesty. Corporate bullying and harassment. The state needs to pop in. I made less each year and worked harder?! Manager is not available leaves early to go home or wherever I could hear his kids in the car but he tells me he's – more... on the road at a clients. Liar. – less
You are your own boss, get to meet a lot of great people
Regional Advertising Sales Rep / Account Manager (Current Employee), Edina, MNApril 21, 2014
Pros: you are your own boss
Cons: a lot of travel and expense reimbursement
LPI has been a good employer for many years. Management is hands off and co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is the hours and there can be a lot of travel required. The best part of the job is the great people and accounts you get to work with.
Productive and fun work environment.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIOctober 28, 2013
Very great company to work for from management to co-workers. The hardest part of this position is the your clients are churches ad churches move on the speed of church no matter how great the benefit is.
Great company, had a very valuable mentor
Lead Pressmen (Former Employee), Hartford, CTOctober 23, 2013
Was a great job was promoted 3 times during my tenure. Travel to other locations training newly hired Pressmen. Designed and planned new facility in Cleveland Ohio.
Bank of America
Regional Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Cromwell, CTAugust 28, 2013
Pros: picnics, cultural awareness, good healthcare, ongoing classes good vacation
Cons: worried that pay may be too low otherwise no complaints
My last position there was truly the best position that I ever had! I really enjoyed it. A typical day started very early, as I had to come in early enough to forecast the shipments for The Metro NY, LI , Upstate, CT and New Jersey Markets. I needed to get the cash shipments just right for my branches so they had enough money but the challenge was to – more... also save or make money for the branches. The forecasts were done by 8:30 am in time for them to be placed onto the server for the branches to download in time to order for their armed carrier. Then my day was spent, working on the phone with branches coaching them on cash management or working with armed carriers. I liked my co-workers very much, the most difficult part of my job I think was saying good bye when it left the state... but change is a way of life. The culture there was fun and diverse, they always tried to make thing fun. – less
LPi
Production Manager Manager (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTMay 14, 2013
Nice work place. Was a good group of people to work with. Advancement was a bit limited do to the size of company. Management, for the most part was fair.
Very nice people but job didn't put you in a position to succeed.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTFebruary 13, 2013
Job consisted of being given a list of companies to solicit for advertisements in church bulletins. The difficult part of that position was management wasn't always available to help you with certain sales. It was either black or white.
Great learning experience
Prepress Typesetter/Expeditor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 3, 2013
Offered invaluable learning experience in typesetting, customer relations, photo manipulation and professional printing.
This company will use and abuse you
Regional Ad Rep (Former Employee), AnonymousOctober 16, 2012
Pros: a lot of free time
Cons: not a lot of money, and a lot of harraseement to make quotas to support management salaries in wisconsin.
They find ways to take money away form the rep's instead
of finding ways of paying rep's more....If they are ripping off the
employees they are more than likely ripping off the churches.

If you are not in the circle you barely make 40 a year, and they
advertise 120 a year. to new hires. Pluralistic, favoritsm, and
bullying and harrassement is their – more... motto.

They make you fund your expenses on your own credit card
(pay for up front) then they reimburse you, but they will beat you up over your expenses weekly. So you have to prepay your flight,
hotel, and meals. They only give 65 a night for a hotel, encourage
55 a night, and only pay per diem of 24 dollars a day, mileage is
32 to 38 cents vs federal standards of 50 to 52 cents per mile.

They are making 50 milliion a year off of churches and synagogues, and not paying A FAIR WAGE TOtheir sales people. iF THEY
ARE CHEATING THEIR SALES REPS' THEY ARE ALSO CHEATING THEIR CHURCHES AND SYNAGOGUES.
0% oif new hires quit within a year BECAUSE THEY START YOU OFF AT 600 A WEEK AND DEMOTE EVERYONE TO 400 A WEEK,
WHICH IS SLAVE LABOR.