Liturgical Publications, Inc. Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Office Area (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJanuary 16, 2017
Bad management. It is amazing the people that are promoted to management. These are people with no management skills or people skills at all. And they are running departments! Worst job. I am regretful that I wasted my time.
Pros
Hours and Location
Cons
Benefits, Management and everything else
Official response from Liturgical Publications, Inc.
January 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that your experience with us did not match our intention of being a great place to work. We take the feedback of all employees and former employees seriously.

Through our recent engagement survey we have been blessed with knowing that we are heading in the right direction and have been able to identify the areas that need improvement. The survey included an area about exceptional management. Managers were finally able to get honest feedback about how their teams felt about them, for better or worse. As a company, from the top down, we are currently working on goals to improve areas where we are lacking. If you participated in our survey, we want to thank you for your open and honest feedback and let you know that while you are no longer a part of LPi, we appreciate the time you did spend with us.

Was a great place to work.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 12, 2016
The people and management were great then the new CEO or COO or whatever took over and stabbed us all in the back. The company was very profitable but the new guy had to prove himself at the cost of many, many employees. Working your butt off doesn't matter and the pay is way below average, like quad you need to work there a decade before the pay is average.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
New COO/CEO
Hrad place to work, Sales manager in a huge micro-manager
Advertising Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 28, 2016
If you like to sitting in a church and making 100 cold calls to small businesses per day and never see who you are selling to. Then this is for you. All staff outside MN, gets the small churches and no new new churches. You are setup to fail from day one. Their is NO teamwork between sales staff. You also only get .31 per mile driving your own vehicle, so you loose money. You travel up to 9 weeks in a row, not what they say of 50% travel. They pay you hotels, but you have to stay in dives, because of the money you have to spend. After I resigned, six more reps did, because of the Sales Manager. From 16 to 6 reps. So SAD!
Pros
Catholic Churches and staff
Investing in technology
Continuous Improvement Coach (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Heights, OHOctober 30, 2016
Company is investing in technology for longevity. This sometimes comes at the expense of jobs in the form of permanent layoffs. Pluses generally outweigh minuses.
High turnover-low compensation
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2016
Salary is not high enough, many reps travel too much and expenses reimbursed do not cover all expenses. Management favorites get premium assignments. Slow or no growth opportunity for many. Very high turnover.
Pros
Many reps are very good people
Cons
Lower income for new reps limited growth potential
great place to work
Lead press operator/ Inkjet specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 21, 2016
Management is always so helpful and willing to help me with whatever I need. I have learned so much since I started and they always offer and promote room for growth.
Poorly managed company with little job security
lead operator, workflow coordinator, maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Heights, OHAugust 1, 2016
Lpi as a company has laid off and shut down entire departments and facilities throughout its corporation.I had to seek new employment twice in order for lpi to pay me a liveable wage. Management was more focused on sitting in their offices and letting a select few employees run the press-room. The sales,bindery, press-room and other office areas were a high turnover rate. Some employees were exempt from discipline while other were watched like a hawk. The managements slogan was " it's always someone else's fault".
Pros
Free coffee, occasional free lunches
Cons
Virtually no lunch breaks, long shifts, tons of hours around holidays
Fun Job, poor management and hard to make any real money
Print Advertising Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 27, 2016
I LOVE working this job and if i could afford to work it for fun I would. The problem is that after the first couple of months it drops down to commission only arnd unless you are selling brand new accounts where you are going to sell in the thousands of dollars for the week or you are lucky enough to get huge churches...it is a real struggle to even make the basic requirement. On top of that you only get paid on the money you collect and it is billed by the year so many small businesses can't afford it. The travel is extensive and the reimbursement is good...but if you don't make the required amount per week you will be let go no matter how hard you work or how much the churches love you.
Pros
Get to meet a lot of great people, good benefits, expense reimbursement
Cons
Poor management...from mico-managing to no managing at all.
Lousy backstabbers
press room (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 21, 2016
Management used and abused everyone who KNEW how to do their job and worked hard.....the ones who did less seemed to be favored....no two people ever had the same information on deadlines and how a job should be done....the 2nd shift press guys were awesome, rest spent more time talking than anything....lousy place to work, bad raises, and no praises
Pros
close to home
Cons
everything else
Hard work. With little help
press operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2016
We the pressroom staff, all 20 of us
were just told this week that half of us would be layed off in less than two months, because Lpi had just purchased a new HP inkjet printing press, we had to interview for the four openings on the new press, Two days into the new year of 2016, HAPPY NEW YEAR
Pros
Time off when needed
Cons
Time off when not needed anymore

Want to know more about Liturgical Publications, Inc.?

Ask a question
Average Work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTNovember 17, 2015
Decent work decent pay . Management for most of the time were on point with daily task. Typical day at work generally a good atmosphere..
Wonderful job but very low pay
Regional Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2015
I left the company because I was making such little money. While it was rewarding to sell advertising into church bulletins on a regional level, the base and commission potential was very low. Even some of the top producers in the company shared that the pay is not fair for the hard work that we do.
people where nice
Lead Pressman (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 28, 2015
overall a
good company to work for. The hours were long but worth hving the weekends off if it wasn't a holiday. I did work here for almost 7 years. This was a printing company so worked on a printing press 4c/2 The hardest part was meeting dead lines. I enjoyed the people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
fast pace enviroment
Good Company
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NortheastAugust 13, 2015
I enjoyed working for Liturgical Publications. The company and management was fair and resourceful. Great trainers. World class training.
If you like to travel, this is your job!
Pros
Good company/pay/support
Cons
Need more allowance for hotel stays. My only con.
I loved this company
Typsetter and Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 29, 2015
I worked for Liturgical Publications, better known as LPI, for 6 years. I learned typsetting, proofreading and pasteup through this company.

I left due to pregnancy with twins; I stayed home for 14 years to care for my children.
Pros
Great place to work, busy place
Cons
Location is not on busline and is now in Cromwell, Ct
good place to learn trade
production (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTApril 17, 2015
Management drags there fethet on improving production in different departments. They don't take construtive critosime litely, they are idiots diplomacy
Pros
no experience, good place to learn
Cons
Experienced don't apply! Won't pay what your worth.
Working at Liturgical Publications
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 5, 2015
The job itself was fun. Unfortunately the compensation wasn't the best. The product was poor quality, and fell far below competitor but priced at a premium to the competitor.
Pros
Fun job, and worked with many different types of clients.
Cons
Traveled way too much, and the compensation lacked.
Office
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cromwell ConnecticutJanuary 21, 2015
Great place to start out but not to go further into advancement.
Pros
Excellent office Mgr
Cons
uneducated sales managers
No room for advancement
Eastern Region Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJanuary 15, 2015
Working with Liturgical for over 5 years, I found myself in a position that did not create any advancement.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lack of Communication
steer cleer
Regional account executive (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 13, 2014
travel a lot

sub standard wages

poor work / life balance

company does very little to support the employee
Pros
liked people that worked there
Cons
no management support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liturgical Publications, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5