Live Nation Entertainment

Live Nation Entertainment Employer Reviews

Lifeless, Soul Crushing Employers
Stage Manager/Head of Audio (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: a lot of experience in a short amount of time
Cons: basically everything
With regard to production, Live Nation is a horrible employer. They will not hire you securely as a full time employee. They won't even hire you as contract. You are an 'as-needed' employee until you work enough hours that your audited labor requires by state law, LN to offer you benefits. This does not mean you are full time, you are still 'as-needed' – more... it only means they are forced in to giving you full time benefits as specified by labor law. This is not a guarantee of hours. Secondly, their pay scale is miles below the average acceptable rate for the jobs they hire people for. They sell the low wage as an introduction wage, or negotiable after the 90 days probation period. They offer minuscule raises beyond that. Working for this company has been nothing but a disappointment and a real eye opener. They care about the bottom line (money) and have zero regard for their employees that physically put on shows. I have a feeling an executive assistant somewhere within Live Nation would feel differently, though. I bet it's great to sit behind a desk as a LN employee, but for those actually putting on the shows they sell, this job is the worst. – less
Sink or Swim
Director (Former Employee), new yorkOctober 9, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: top heavy management, cliques
Company is very top-heavy with management and it's company culture to have a lot of 'hands in the pot' on sales calls. Hard to navigate the company.
Large company with a family like feel
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 29, 2014
A typical day would consist of re-scheduling meetings, booking travel for my Executives, ordering lunch for a meeting, and submitting an expense report for my Executives. No day is the same. It's a fast paced environment and I thrive in that type of workplace.
Pay could be better
VIP Host (Current Employee), AtlantaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: live concerts
Cons: pay sucks
This job is great for a college student who enjoys concerts. Not great if you're seeking advancement or a career. Little to no opportunity to advance and the pay is terrible.
Review
Intern (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: great references and contacts
Cons: unpaid
Live Nation Entertainment gave me great knowledge in what goes on behind the music scene. It gave me the administrative skills I need to be able to operate in an office setting, as well as the music business.
WE HAVE FREE TICKETS FOR ALL CONCERTS AND SHOWS
Line Cook (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2014
Pros: we have 30 min of brake
Cons: we have to pay our food
CURRENTLY THIS RESTAURANT IS VERY BUSY AT THE BREAKFAST TIME,I HAVE LEARNED LOT OF RULES IN THE KITCHEN ,AS A SANITATION, ROTATION FOOD,CLEANLESS AND GOOD COOWORKERS,THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN IS FULL HOUSE 100% OF OCCUPANCY BUT WE DO THE BEST JOB AS WE CAN.
Fun, up-beat work place
PREMIUM SEATING SALES INTERN (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fun people
Cons: unpaid internship
As an intern I worked with the department of Premium Seat Sales. I did a lot of research, event planning and marketing. Wore my different hats.
Great work days!!!
Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee), Charleston, WVMay 9, 2014
Pros: staff, benefits
Ticketmaster is a great place to work. The staff is so friendly and try so hard to make you feel comfortable . Love the job I have been there since March 4th 2014 and I've already moved up.
Interesting job, lackluster benefits
Marketing (Current Employee), LAMarch 3, 2014
The company and position are interesting but unfortunately the benefits/pay aren't very good.
Great company to work for!
Booking Assistant (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: job stability, perks
I enjoy working for Live Nation. I only wish that they took pride in recognizing and graduating their own talent to the next level instead of hiring externally.
A fun place to work and meet new people.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: variety of shows
Cons: inability to advance.
Since every event is different, we have a quick meeting to give out details of the event and what is expected of us and find out what role we would have to play to make sure that the clients got everything they needed. I had a superb supervisor who was always quick to jump in and assist when needed. He was friendly and kind to everyone but wasn't a – more... pushover. The most enjoyable part of of the job was the chance to see a variety of events. One day we could be hosting a ballet and the next a rock concert to an awards show. – less
concerts are fun, but you work incredible hours, very demanding environment
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2013
If you are into long hours and no personal life this is the place for you. Can be rewarding depending on the department you work in. co-workers are great for the most part, management leaves a lot to be desired, if you like to be a number on a spreadsheet then this place is for you
A divided Company
some one whom makes people happy (Current Employee), LANovember 6, 2013
Pros: some free shows
Cons: over empowered staff
Long days because of head counts in venues if you are a manager
Lack of direction as no communication and a lot of finger pointing
Harest part of the job the double standards
Entertain yourself while working
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free food/drink, flexible time, lots of free tickets for concerts, discounts, etc
Cons: small space in beverly hills office
Our company is the biggest live music promoter in the world. We are also one of the top 5 online shopping centers, especially we are the top as an online ticket seller. If you are active and love outgoing, this company is the right place; you can work and entertain yourself at the same time. I am working as an anlyst in finance department and love working – more... here. However, I am currently looking forward to an opening in next level financial industries. – less
Fun workplace, get to go to shows.
Team Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: get to go to shows
Cons: not enough hours
It's a fun job that I can do on the side. I get to work while going to shows. I enjoy the people I work with, just wished they would give me more hours.
It's a decent company to work for.
Finance Assistant (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMay 8, 2013
Pros: stable
Cons: long hours
It's a decent company to work for. The hours can be lengthy but I work in Finance so that is typical. I do find my position to be stable so that's a positive.
amazing work enviorment
So-Cal Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Universal City, CAJanuary 9, 2013
I loved the work environment. It was very casual with a professional twist. My co-workers and department as a whole was amazing. I couldn't ask for more out of a company.
Fun Place to work
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 30, 2012
Pros: free parking
Cons: commute to work
My day consist of billing and reviewing contracts. Working with Accounts Rec, Accounts Payable and Vendors
Exciting and fun company
Sponsorship Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2012
Great company if you like live music. Very relaxed environment and everyone is happy to come to work. Organization may need to be fix a bit but manageable if your up for it. Concert attendance sometimes required for some positions.
Productive and fun
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee), Hollywood, CAAugust 2, 2012
Pros: you can bring your dog to work
Great work environment and employees are passionate about their work.