Live Nation

Live Nation Employee Reviews

Guest Services
Marketing, Promotions and Production (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Managed a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment. Deliver outstanding service, exceed expectations and build long-term loyalty.Loaded proper materials while abiding by all safety and legal standards. Work in team and in a self-directed environment.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2016
I loved Interning here! The people are very friendly and they are very accommodating. I was very sad when I had to leave to go back to school.
well rounded job
Event Staff/ Securitiy (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 13, 2016
typical day at work it depends on the venue im working either concord or at shoreline. We show up to work hangout till clock in and then wait to get our spots or areas that were gunna be watching for the day or night. ive learned alot how to talk to people who are fighting and how to handle certain situations, i learned more about team work and having your partners back when things get out of control.management is awesome they work with you and are there for you even when its personal. there not afraid to help you when you need it. coworkers are great stayed friends even after the season is over, we all work together and build a foundation of trust for one another. hardest part is getting use to being on ur feet all day. the music is the best seeing the crowds have a good night.
Pros
great job enviorment
Cons
they dont pay for our lunches all the time
Exciting job, must be in shape!
security (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 2, 2016
I personally, loved this job. It will keep you on your toes, you must be ready for anything. Not a good job for the elderly or under 18. No benefits, but good pay.
Pros
Nice coworkers, good pay
Cons
Short breaks, may get hurt
good coworker environment
usher (Current Employee) –  san diegoSeptember 30, 2015
live nation is an amazing place to work, the environment is awesome everyone is concentrate of other feelings. when theres a problem it gets fixed right away. management always handles what needs to be done, they are always there for us.
Best place to work in this industry
Talent Buyer, Production manager for colleges (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2015
This is where I cut my teeth in the industry. You could ask for better people to learn from. Its amazing how much effort goes into what this company does. The people that work here are the best of the best.
Live Nation
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 8, 2015
It was a great place to work for a music lover. Co-workers were great. Hours were hard to get used to. Could be in a 5AM one morning, the next day I could be there till 3AM
Pros
Music, events...
Cons
Uncertain hours
The music industry is incredible to work in.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2015
Live Nation provided me with opportunities that I would never have gotten anywhere else. I will forever be grateful for the time I spent with this company.
Large company with great atmosphere
Digital Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2015
Large corporation with smart people and good management. Most enjoyable aspects include autonomy, team support, network. The hardest part of the job would be sitting in a desk all day.
Pros
Network
Cons
Corporate
Great Company to work for
Responsibilities - Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  nEW yorkJuly 22, 2015
Live Nation is a great company to work for. I worked for live nation, and got to meet a lot of wonderful people. Working for live nation opened a lot of doors for me professionally. I still keep in touch with my previous co workers. I highly recommend this company.
A Great atmosphere
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 12, 2015
Working At Live Nation has been a pleasure. From management to everyone else in the company. The atmosphere at work is easy going but extremely organized.
Fun job experience.
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Concord, CaliforniaJuly 11, 2015
Ensure safety of people that attend concerts and events. Worked at outdoor venues during the harsh summer weather which didn't bother me. Had to support co-workers during intense situations and learned ho to use a walkie talkie radio. Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with others.
Pros
fun experience
Cons
low pay rate for amount of work.
worker
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  East Troy, WIJuly 8, 2015
I had to scan tickets and let people in if they were valid. I also had to work long hours in-till early in the morning. I was a very hard worker they said and was very nice to the people coming in.
Decent work enviornment
usher, ticket scanner, customer service (Former Employee) –  Hartford CTJune 25, 2015
If you enjoy standing in one stationary spot and having to deal with belligerent drunks in the baking heat for minimum wage and have to hear bad radio tunes played live I would advise you apply to live nation ASAP.
Pros
see free music you like once and a while
Cons
barely any breaks, drunks, dont get to enjoy the music you like because of drunks
Excellent people but was laid off due to the economy
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALJune 24, 2015
Long hours kept me busy. It was a 9-5 work day on regular weeks and 23 hour days on event days. I managed 20 people on regular days and up too 350 people on event days. the rewarding part was being profitable at the end of the day.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
pay
Wonderful company with many perks
Premium Seat Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wheatland, CAJune 18, 2015
Great place to work! Day to day operations included reaching out to businesses to help grow their businesses by offering a creative way of doing business. We were an outdoor entertainment concert venue. I enjoyed being able to work with clients and working with them to enhance their customer base.
Pros
Getting to be part of the concert goers experience
Exciting Environment With Constant Activity; Packed Concert Venues
VIP Host (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of assuring any patron's enjoyment of the evening to the best of our ability.
I learned how to take control of situations that were completely out of hand knowing that our customers deserved the utmost respect.
We could have been managed much better, but it was fun to have to learn everything on my own.
My co-workers are absolutely great! One of the funnest teams around.
The hardest part of the job is having to deal with individuals that simply refuse to comply with what they're told.
Getting to see free music alongside people that enjoy it (almost) as much as I do!
Pros
Free Music
Cons
Poor Pay, No opportunity for full-time
Good Job
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2015
It is always a pleasure to work for Live Nation. We set up concerts and get an idea of how things function. Good pay, but no benefits as I'm not with union.
Demanding Yet Invaluable Experience
Civilian Traffic Director (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 6, 2015
Certainly a very strenuous job, both physically and mentally demanding. The 20+ hour shifts, operating and transporting heavy equipment, coordinating thousands of people and vehicles, and providing emergency response with only 45 minutes of break every 8 hours, although extremely difficult, taught me discipline and pushed me to my fullest potential. Another great aspect of this job was my experience in learning to cooperate with others, where efficacious teamwork was imperative to the job.
Pros
Large salary, bonds with coworkers, and very positive experience
Cons
Short Breaks, 20-25 hour average shifts, unruly people
Fun and safe work environment
Crowd Management Services (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 24, 2015
Working for the company is all about protecting the fun, having over 500 employees to work with. All the workers are helping to keep the venue safe and fun for all. I learned how to handle people who try and cause problems and pick fights, as well as catch people who try and sneak in. It's also about keeping the people safe, who are partying too hard. Management does a very good job, telling employees where to work, what sections of the venue to work and how to help guests. Co- Workers usually do the same thing I would do, answering questions, checking bags, and security. The hardest part of the job is dealing with drunk people who want to try and fight you, or getting help to the people who are really injured. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching people having a good time, because you know you're doing your job by keeping a safe environment.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the world, fair times breaks, great hours
Cons
Camping, Everythings costs money

4.2