Live Nation Employee Reviews in United States

Oracle Application Functional Consultant
Lead Oracle Apps Functional consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2016
Worked on implementation for iprocurement and isupplier. Typical day would be to work on production support issue around oracle EBS
Pros
excellent work culture
Cons
no job security
well rounded job
Event Staff/ Securitiy (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 13, 2016
typical day at work it depends on the venue im working either concord or at shoreline. We show up to work hangout till clock in and then wait to get our spots or areas that were gunna be watching for the day or night. ive learned alot how to talk to people who are fighting and how to handle certain situations, i learned more about team work and having your partners back when things get out of control.management is awesome they work with you and are there for you even when its personal. there not afraid to help you when you need it. coworkers are great stayed friends even after the season is over, we all work together and build a foundation of trust for one another. hardest part is getting use to being on ur feet all day. the music is the best seeing the crowds have a good night.
Pros
great job enviorment
Cons
they dont pay for our lunches all the time
Excellent culture, mediocre benefits
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2015
Live Nation Entertainment (LNE) has been an excellent place to work. My co-workers are intelligent and hard-working. The management has generally been responsive and helpful. The Seattle dev office is located in Pioneer Square, with great access to public transit, and lots of food options at lunch time.

Benefits and compensation are only average, or even sub-par in some cases. There is no stock program. There is an annual performance bonus, but it doesn't amount to much. I have received consistently good performance reviews, but my annual pay increase has been strictly a cost-of-living raise.
Pros
Great people, interesting work
Cons
Satellite office, limited opportunity for advancement, so so bennies
Great company culture
MARKETING & PROMOTIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Working for Live Nation / House of Blues providing me with a wealth of knowledge that I will always be thankful for. This was the first extremely large corporation I've worked for, and in many way that opened my eyes to many areas of business I never imagined. Working through so much red tape provided its challenges in some way, but once I learned how to navigate through that world, it proved to be very efficient.

I wore many hats during my tenure there, which is something that fits my personality well. I tend to dive head first into as many projects as possible and I put quite of bit of "ownership" into everything I do. I oversaw and executed the overall marketing of the venue, but I was also very involved in the operations of the venue.

The way I saw it, was that I can marketing that our (restaurant, concerts, retail store, brunch), were the BEST out there, but if our staff couldn't back it up with excellent customer service, I was wasting my (and the company's) time. I put myself in front of the team members, let them know what our guests were saying on review sites and social media, and really made them aware that everything they do effects everyone else in so many ways. This proved to be an effective tactic.

I also enjoyed working with so many talented individuals on a daily basis. It's not a stretch to say that many of the hundreds of coworkers I worked with on a daily basis were truly my friends.
Pros
Work/Llfe Balance, ride in my work, great benefits and perks, winning culture, extensive training and trend setting
Productive and Easy Going atmosphere for all Employess
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2016
I just currently started working there. My first day on the job was smooth sailing. Everyone was so nice. Usually we are assigned a post when we arrive at work, we usually work in teams or groups. if you're working up at the gates, you are doing a routine security check which means we are checking pockets, bags, purses , boots. certain things are not allowed inside the amphitheater such as large umbrellas, anything that might cause any harm or get in the way of the costumer enjoying the show. Other than that it's a cool job, I'm security so I have it pretty easy, you may deal with some intoxicated people or might have to tell a few people to pipe down or deal with a fight or accident. you'll definitely have some stories to tell your friends and family.
Pros
Cool Atmosphere, Chill People, discounts on food and drinks and tickets, flexible schedule if you have a full time job
Cons
Make sure you have a full time job because this is only a part-time/on-call job.
Fun work environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work can vary. You can be strictly a ticket taker, work inside the concert or work VIP. I learned how to spot a runner(someone trying to get in for free), new music varying on different concerts and how to work extended hours. Management is very reliable and will help out with any questions you may have. My coworkers were fun upbeat people. The hardest part of my job was working with a lot of people but once you have done it for 2 weeks it becomes very natural after. The most enjoyable part of my job was being apart of all the action. Some jobs can be very boring but this particular job is a great first one!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Backstage is the fast lane
Production Assistant & Runner (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NY & Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2016
Working as a production runner I have experienced the intense process that happens in order to execute a successful concert. On a normal day I will show up at the venue before everyone arrives and make sure there is coffee and water for the stage hands before eating breakfast with my fellow runners. The tour then arrives and I am given my days budget and tasks which include shopping for the tour and an artists and crew transportation schedule. I basically do whatever is needed to make the tours time at the venue as pleasant as possible and get people where they need to go. The best part of this job is working around music which is my favorite thing in life. At the end of a long and hard day its always rewarding to see a concert on stage and sometimes meet and transport the artists after the show is over.
Pros
Great food, free concerts and great people
Cons
pay could be better and not being on call would be nice
Customer Service is key
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2016
There is no "typical" work day working with Live Nation. Every day brings new surprises and challenges. Much of the job requires quick decision making but most importantly, Customer Service. Live Nation essentially manages the production for mostly arena, stadium, and amphitheater concerts. We make sure all of the outside companies (construction, audio, flooring, etc) all have what they need and are on schedule. Much of the job is working with different personalities and adapting to the cultures of each company.
Pros
networking
Cons
long days
Difficult for advancement and a lack of sales culture
Manager, Premium Seat Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2016
Live Nation has a strong brand and a stable of recognizable talent that is underutilized, however, with the right team in place can become a global force.

The company itself has strong benefits and the right talent can thrive within the company. It can do a much better job when they realize it should become a sales culture and moves towards a sports and entertainment model. More focus on perks and access for their clients and less on the promises of what 'could' take place in the future.

Commission structure needs to be reviewed and overhauled to catch up with the times and while I enjoyed my time working for an interesting company with potential there are changes that need to take place for anyone in sales or service to consider a position within the company.
Pros
Great experience for those looking to break into entertainment, an opportunity to work with a variety of talented office staff
Cons
Commission and bonus structure behind the times, that of competing industry and a work life balance that is difficult, but could be eased by a better sales culture.
Great working environment; fun activities and good benefits
Account Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 18, 2015
This company encouraged personal and professional growth. It offered many perks and benefits. I learned to manage ecommerce projects, ticketing projects, etc. Co-workers were very pleasant to work with - great team players.
Pros
Free lunches and holiday events; clean work environment; garage parking; secure place to work
Cons
Job ended because the software product I supported was sunset.
Extraordinarily fun place to work
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2016
I have been working with this company for three years. In that time I have met and worked with a lot of good people here. This is not a company I would recommend if you are searching for a life time career. Not in the area I work anyway. That being said, it is a great place to work. Management is always considerate and helpful. They always take care of any issues in a timely fashion. I look forward to working here for a long time.
Pros
Free admission to various music venues.
Cons
Working outside in the weather
Fast paced music venue with many levels of entertainment options.
Director of Venue Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2016
Exciting place to work with great energy, and varied levels of entertainment. From the restaurant downstairs, to the music hall with live bands, to the private members Foundation Room, there was always something for anyone. I enjoyed the experience of dealing with such a diverse gather of people, from the bands, to the customers, to all the employees.
Pros
Meeting bands, and customers.
Cons
Worked 90 hours a week on average.
Great job for those who are passionate about music!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 9, 2016
You must be able to keep a level head at all times. It is a great job to learn and grow! Management is unfortunately can barely keep their head above water.
Ticket sales at the window
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 27, 2016
I took care of customers at the ticketing windows on show nights. I learned how to use the Ticketmaster system and work with all types of customers. Management was right next to you at all times so you were never in a bad situation. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was there weren't enough hours but I really enjoyed my time there and given the opportunity I would definitely go back.
Team environment, great space to learn the industry.
Media and Sponsorship Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2016
In my time at Live Nation I was awarded the opportunity to learn about a new realm of the communications industry. I saw the ins and outs of sponsorship and events with many of the higher level employees willing to bring interns under their wings to teach them more.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FlAugust 20, 2015
Creative and fun with supportive management. I got a chance to really participate in the social media department and help brainstorm content, write content, and learn about the process of creating a concert. I wanted to do more, but I was only an intern. But it did spark a passion for career in social media.
Pros
Concert Venues
Cons
Only interned. Wanted more responsibility
Great Enviroment
EVENT MANAGER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2016
Love My position at live nation. I've been with the company for over 5 years now and each venue I work at the experience keeps getting better. I soon look forward to progressing and traveling with live nation as a tour executive.
Pros
Working hands on with Concert/Tour Managers
Cons
N/A
Exciting job, must be in shape!
security (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 2, 2016
I personally, loved this job. It will keep you on your toes, you must be ready for anything. Not a good job for the elderly or under 18. No benefits, but good pay.
Pros
Nice coworkers, good pay
Cons
Short breaks, may get hurt
Premium Seat Sales Intern
Premium Seat Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 2, 2016
I really enjoyed this internship! While it was unpaid, I gained a breath of communications and customer service experience. Everyone I worked with was ridiculously nice and helpful and I still keep in contact with many today.
Very stuffy place to work
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2016
The brand has great reach but no one really goes to the site directly. Most of the traffic coming in sideways. Too transnational of a site. don't suggest working there.
Pros
Work form home
Cons
The name doesn't really have a vanity play to it.

4.2