Live Nation Employee Reviews

A fun, passionate work environment filled with employees who enjoy being there.
Usher (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYFebruary 15, 2017
As an Usher, a typical day at work would consist of scanning patrons tickets at the front entrance, seating patrons within the theatre, blocking unauthorized exits, relocating patrons, and occasionally assisting with meet and greets after the show. This was my first job that I begun working at when I was 16 years of age. Being that this job requires constant person to person interaction, over the years this job has helped me gain social skills and has also taught me how to handle confrontation amongst unsatisfied patrons. The management at the NYCB Theatre is very structured. They all show true passion for their work and keep the history of the Theatre alive. The managers and employees are very team oriented, the show does not go on unless everyone is on board. The hardest part about the job is tending to difficult patrons. In every situation you are always expected to act professional and respectful. Often times I am challenged with maintaining a professional and respectful approach, however I successfully do so. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to watch and enjoy all of the performers who come to the venue. It is nice to see patrons enjoy the artists they are passionate about. The vibe at the venue is always upbeat and positive. This job allows me to continue working on my summer and winter breaks from college.
Pros
I get to enjoy all different types of performances for free
Cons
Much of the work consists of standing the entire time, breaks are short
Well organized
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day at work was going around parking cars in an organized and safe fashion. I learned how to work in a group to ensure things went smoothly.
very good company
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (TEMP.) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2017
great teams i worked with especially the finance team, great work environment, very good contract role that was combined with very high intellectual capacity.
Fun and constantly changing workplace
Security (Current Employee) –  Burgettstown, PAFebruary 9, 2017
For a normal day as concert security with Live Nation, I start with watching the upper gates to the venue from 10 A.M. until 3:30 P.M. when the parking lots open up for patrons. From then until the concert is over, we, the lot security crew, then move down to walk around the lots and report any patrons in need of assistance, assist the police in fight calls, and just act as crowd control. The lot management is really good with making sure we get any help we need. The most enjoyable part is also the hardest. We deal with all different types of people all day, so this job has really helped me to interact with and read people to make a better experience for the patrons and myself.
Pros
Exciting workplace, good supervisors
Cons
No provided lunch
It would be a awesome job but...
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 6, 2017
The staff is very rude and have favorites, you get assigned your position and stand there for hours at a time without breaks. The only good thing about this job is sometimes watching a great show. I wish employees could've got benefits (free tickets).
Fun place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Introducing members to the Foundation Room and communicating the importance of our mission; bringing art and music supplies to schools and communities that are unable to provide for their students. A generous percentage of the proceeds received in the Foundation Room directly serve that purpose.
Pros
See live shows and meet celebs
Cons
Long, unorthodox hours. Sometimes you're rushed through lunch if you even get one.
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2017
Great atmosphere and great place to work. Full of culture and music history. Able to meet people around the world, tons of tourists.
Fun place to work and listen to good music.
Usher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 23, 2017
I have worked at the Jacobs Pavilion venue for two years now and each year it keeps getting better. The hardest part is dealing with people who have a little too much to drink and try to break the rules. It is great to work as a team and keep everyone in line. Overall it is a great atmosphere.
Love working here it's a fun place to work during the summer
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 19, 2017
I have been working at Walnut Creek in Raleigh for 4 years we only work during the summer. It's a fun place get to see the concerts and sometimes meet the artists.
Pros
It's fun
Cons
Need more money
Great Local People
Freelance crewmember (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2017
Only knew local people didn't know any High ups.
Loved the clubs and venues I worked for Paradise and Comcast Center.
I set up day to day shows and broke down shows met a lot of awesome people.
Pros
Free Concerts
Cons
no stability
Fast Paced work environment
WINDOWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Live Nation was a very good place to work with great people. It is a high energy and fast-paced work environment. If the right opportunity presented itself I would go back.
Pros
Very flexible
it was an ok job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2017
I typically cleaned the venues after every concert or event at the PNC music pavilion. The work environment was great. We had access to the live music before our shifts started.
Intense and highly demanding work environment; excellent benfits
Manager, Corporate Planning (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Live Nation is a great company, great benefits but be careful when choosing a group to work for. Not very family friendly. Super high expectations for Managers, pretty inflexible on the corporate finance side.
Pros
Concert tickets, benefits, 401k
Cons
High stress, inflexible work environment, long hours
Great place to start...
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 8, 2017
Sadly, if you're looking to advance with this company GOOD LUCK. I had the pleasure of being with this company for years but the only pay raise I ever got was relocating only to find out the raise was due to minimum wage being higher where I ended up.
Pros
Free concerts, fun staff.
Cons
No benefits or room for advancement.
exciting, fast paced, every day is different, no typical day
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
twenty hour workdays with like minded, extremely accomplished coworkers.
no time for family affairs. instant gratification for accomplishments. zero room for failure
very seasonal with an extremely busy season, which slowly breaks off to no work at all
Pros
close interaction with artists and production teams
Cons
long hours, no room for advancement
Take the resume credit and run after 1-2 years
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2017
Live Nation is a company that will take as much as you're willing to give, and unless you're in Sponsorship or a Talent buyer, you will be expected to work for a sub market rate in most cases.

If you're fortunate enough to work for a manager or director that know's what they're doing, you can actually receive a great job education...however most markets only have 1 or 2 decent managers in different markets.

If you're interested in joining Live Nation, make sure you speak to people who work for the company in their market, and make sure the person you're speaking with has been with the company for at least 2-3 years. First year employees are still learning the company and will not be able to give an objective review of the market,
Pros
Concert Tickets
Cons
No work life balance, compensation does not come easily.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2016
Great place to work. Love my co-workers and the culture of creativity they foster. Management is amazing and the company is A+ to work for. I've grown so much and have learned more in one year than three years at my previous job. The hardest part of working at Live Nation is not being able to advance or climb the career ladder.
Pros
Dogs, Music, Culture
Cons
No career advancement
Very cool people. Great work place. Overall great job
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2016
If I could do this full time I definitely would! I met a bunch of new people I would have never met. If I wasn't doing this. Definitely a great work environment and great people.
Pros
Get to see great shows and meet awesome people.
Cons
The work isn't really steady
great company
Audio Technician at The Ritz (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 26, 2016
Live Nation is a great company. One of the largest entertainment companies in the business and runs their venues with precision and professional.
Cons
no benefits, scattered work
Great experience
Bartender, Bar-back & Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 25, 2016
Learned a lot of important skills and tools to grow as an individual and as an employee. The management were top notch and the expectations were clearly outlined for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Live Nation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2