Live Nation Employee Reviews

Great workplace!
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 7, 2016
Everything about working for Live Nation was great. I loved my coworkers, bosses, and overall atmosphere. I learned how to be patient with rowdy concert-goers but also to try and mirror the same energy and enthusiasm so that they would be excited for the experience. The hardest part of working was that the breaks were short and flew by, but when your job is enjoyable, it's not too bad.
Pros
free concert listening
Cons
short breaks
Great place if you dont mind the HEAT
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 20, 2016
Had an amazing summer with great co-workers. Made good pay (got a raise though because I was working hard). One thing to be said is that if you don't like the heat and humidity, this is NOT the job for you. Many long hours in the sun, customers can vary depending on the concert. Sometimes you get good people that just tailgate and leave with no problems. Other times there's people who hate to be told no and cause a fuss. But the job is worth it as its just a summer job.
Pros
Good money, Easy money
Cons
Heat, Ignorant customers
Customer Service is key
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2016
There is no "typical" work day working with Live Nation. Every day brings new surprises and challenges. Much of the job requires quick decision making but most importantly, Customer Service. Live Nation essentially manages the production for mostly arena, stadium, and amphitheater concerts. We make sure all of the outside companies (construction, audio, flooring, etc) all have what they need and are on schedule. Much of the job is working with different personalities and adapting to the cultures of each company.
Pros
networking
Cons
long days
It was a fun and exciting working with people who have an appreciation of music.
Sales Associate/Ticket Sales (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WAAugust 1, 2016
With thousands of people that came to experience their favorite music, they would make each day exciting and never a dull moment. Sometimes it would feel overwhelming, but problem solving and new ideas made it exhilarating. Having an exceptional team and teamwork is what made the experience fun.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Seasonal
A lot of walking
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 23, 2016
Working and walking outside in the sun. Bending over to pick up rubbish. Sweeping, mopping, wiping, power-washing, maintaining, restocking, and cleaning. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to listen to the live concert even from afar since the music is so loud. A lot of walking since the place is a huge place to cover.
Pros
Paid lunch during concert days
Cons
Seasonal, long walks
Fun work environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work can vary. You can be strictly a ticket taker, work inside the concert or work VIP. I learned how to spot a runner(someone trying to get in for free), new music varying on different concerts and how to work extended hours. Management is very reliable and will help out with any questions you may have. My coworkers were fun upbeat people. The hardest part of my job was working with a lot of people but once you have done it for 2 weeks it becomes very natural after. The most enjoyable part of my job was being apart of all the action. Some jobs can be very boring but this particular job is a great first one!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast paced music venue with many levels of entertainment options.
Director of Venue Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2016
Exciting place to work with great energy, and varied levels of entertainment. From the restaurant downstairs, to the music hall with live bands, to the private members Foundation Room, there was always something for anyone. I enjoyed the experience of dealing with such a diverse gather of people, from the bands, to the customers, to all the employees.
Pros
Meeting bands, and customers.
Cons
Worked 90 hours a week on average.
Fun to work at. Bad at paying workers
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Good company but bad at paying what they owe to their workers. They still owe me about two paychecks and I haven't been working with them for over a month now. I am still owed about $400.
Pros
Free concerts
Cons
Never was paid the amount I was due. Still owed about two paychecks I have not got.
Extraordinarily fun place to work
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2016
I have been working with this company for three years. In that time I have met and worked with a lot of good people here. This is not a company I would recommend if you are searching for a life time career. Not in the area I work anyway. That being said, it is a great place to work. Management is always considerate and helpful. They always take care of any issues in a timely fashion. I look forward to working here for a long time.
Pros
Free admission to various music venues.
Cons
Working outside in the weather
Ticket sales at the window
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 27, 2016
I took care of customers at the ticketing windows on show nights. I learned how to use the Ticketmaster system and work with all types of customers. Management was right next to you at all times so you were never in a bad situation. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was there weren't enough hours but I really enjoyed my time there and given the opportunity I would definitely go back.
Depends on your life goals
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2016
The experience is worth it the time. The management is willing to show you how to do the job but there is no room for growth. I was able to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement benefit and I an grateful for that.
Pros
Great benefits, free concerts
Cons
Lack of staff
Team environment, great space to learn the industry.
Media and Sponsorship Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2016
In my time at Live Nation I was awarded the opportunity to learn about a new realm of the communications industry. I saw the ins and outs of sponsorship and events with many of the higher level employees willing to bring interns under their wings to teach them more.
Great Enviroment
EVENT MANAGER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2016
Love My position at live nation. I've been with the company for over 5 years now and each venue I work at the experience keeps getting better. I soon look forward to progressing and traveling with live nation as a tour executive.
Pros
Working hands on with Concert/Tour Managers
Cons
N/A
Productive and Easy Going atmosphere for all Employess
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2016
I just currently started working there. My first day on the job was smooth sailing. Everyone was so nice. Usually we are assigned a post when we arrive at work, we usually work in teams or groups. if you're working up at the gates, you are doing a routine security check which means we are checking pockets, bags, purses , boots. certain things are not allowed inside the amphitheater such as large umbrellas, anything that might cause any harm or get in the way of the costumer enjoying the show. Other than that it's a cool job, I'm security so I have it pretty easy, you may deal with some intoxicated people or might have to tell a few people to pipe down or deal with a fight or accident. you'll definitely have some stories to tell your friends and family.
Pros
Cool Atmosphere, Chill People, discounts on food and drinks and tickets, flexible schedule if you have a full time job
Cons
Make sure you have a full time job because this is only a part-time/on-call job.
Premium Seat Sales Intern
Premium Seat Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 2, 2016
I really enjoyed this internship! While it was unpaid, I gained a breath of communications and customer service experience. Everyone I worked with was ridiculously nice and helpful and I still keep in contact with many today.
fun place and productive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 13, 2016
Best part of working at Live Nation is hearing great acts for free

You must be able to keep a level head at all times. It is a great job to learn and grow!

It is very fast paced and diverse
Pros
watching concerts for free
Great work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 18, 2016
It was an internship, and honestly one of the best internships I have ever got. The team members are very passionate about what they do and were always willing to teach and explain about what was happening at all times.
Backstage is the fast lane
Production Assistant & Runner (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NY & Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2016
Working as a production runner I have experienced the intense process that happens in order to execute a successful concert. On a normal day I will show up at the venue before everyone arrives and make sure there is coffee and water for the stage hands before eating breakfast with my fellow runners. The tour then arrives and I am given my days budget and tasks which include shopping for the tour and an artists and crew transportation schedule. I basically do whatever is needed to make the tours time at the venue as pleasant as possible and get people where they need to go. The best part of this job is working around music which is my favorite thing in life. At the end of a long and hard day its always rewarding to see a concert on stage and sometimes meet and transport the artists after the show is over.
Pros
Great food, free concerts and great people
Cons
pay could be better and not being on call would be nice
Very stuffy place to work
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2016
The brand has great reach but no one really goes to the site directly. Most of the traffic coming in sideways. Too transnational of a site. don't suggest working there.
Pros
Work form home
Cons
The name doesn't really have a vanity play to it.
Perfect balance of hardwork and fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darien Center, NYSeptember 9, 2016
The season requires a lot of hard work but management is organized and supportive. Co-workers help each other with tasks.
Pros
Teamwork environment
Cons
Fast paced/ long hours

4.2