Live Nation

Live Nation United States Employee Reviews

Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pharr, TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: tv and music through out the day. hot food available
Cons: staff is incompetent, resources are not as helpful as desired.
Answering calls from a PC using tools provided, internet access restricted to Ticketmaster.com. Having to persuade customers to purchase tickets for entertainment. A lot of customer service skills learned. Talk to people from Canada and the United States.
One of the best environments to work in
Security (Current Employee), Irvine, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: fun, good pay, benefits
Cons: stand for long period of time
Fun environment, highly motivated employees working together for a friendly environment. Management cares about their employees and works with them for a solution to any problem. Various ways to obtain promotions through hard work. Essentially get to watch concerts for free.
Fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee), DCNovember 12, 2014
Live Nation is the best in the entertainment industry. Everyone there works hard to produce incredible events and shows! Busy season is busy, busy but really rewarding.
Great Company
Event Staff/Security (Current Employee), Concord, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: free events
Cons: long hours
Live Nation is a wonderful company to work for. There are many positions in the venues so working each event means better cross training and learning. Management is wonderful. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours on big show days. Up to 18 hours. I enjoy every aspect of this job. It's been a joy being asked back as part of the security team 4 years in a row now.
great working enviorment
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILOctober 28, 2014
your must be a people person to work here. The hardest part of the job is having patiences.
Fun place to work
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Noblesville, INOctober 21, 2014
Clock in, and stark directing traffic.

The management was amazing.

The hardest part was standing for ten plus hours a day in the sun/ rain.

The best part was being able to listen to the music playing from the venue.
Living the dream
Production Manager - Live Nation PGH (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 19, 2014
A typical day in rock in roll? There is no such thing...
Not looking to leave, just looking to keep busy during the winter months
Fun environment
New Media Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fun work atmosphere
Cons: lacks career development oportunities
Fun work atmosphere, lacking career development. Great team. Lack of office communication at times.
Fast paced and demanding work enviornment
Freelance Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: over worked, demanding
As an intern, a typical day would be coming into the office and having a list of upcoming shows to create marketing for and making a list of target audiences to reach out to. There will be many changes to be made until it is finally ready to be sent out and printed. Management was very demanding at the time because I was balancing school, another job and this internship. Although it was extremely fast paced and over all really demanding of an intern, I did learn to juggle a lot of projects on my plate, learned how to choose target audiences and where is the best place to market a certain show, and how the entertainment industry really works.

I'm a freelance graphic designer for them now, so I work on graphics on my own time and have more time to concentrate on the projects now that I have graduated.
Great opportunity for advancement and fun working atmosphere
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
I learned a lot about accounting procedures and management was very helpful
Great company to work for
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch (sometimes free), good people to be around
Cons: everyone smoked cigarrettes
Typically, I'd show up for work, put on my assigned uniform, clock in and then walk to my post, talk to my managers, talk to my co-workers, and wait for the event to start. I'd check guests tickets, make sure they were in the right area, be able to listen to some good music or watch a good show after everyone is in their seats. I learned how to be a team leader. My manager was on point, helpful, and a great coach. My co-workers all did their jobs well due to the good management. The hardest part of the job was kicking people out. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the shows.
Looks great on a resume, some good perks, compensation too low
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: occasional free tickets, good benefits, reliable job
Cons: low salaries, slow growth/promotion, lack of appreciation of non-tech employees
Many people became complacent and too comfortable with their jobs. Compensation was low compared to other leading technology based, sales/ticketing companies. Salaries in San Francisco are too low to live beyond poverty in San Francisco. The hardest part of the job was getting a raise and advancement. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement but the number of times I saw my teammates get promoted was very seldom. Co-workers are pretty consistent for the most part, however, morale is incredibly low across the company. If your job isn't in tech, you aren't appreciated.
Fun Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: free concerts
Great Place to work. Steady work. Management is great. Co- Workers are fun to work with.
Awesome work environment
Janitoral, part time supervisor (Former Employee), Concord, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: enjoying free concerts when working!!
Cons: sometimes had to stay overnight and they didn't provide adequate arrangements, had us sleeping in the bleachers.
This was a great company to work for. The job involved cleaning up after concerts or in preparation for the next concert. Also involved clean up and some crowd control during shows. The best part was getting to enjoy a free concert basically. It is hard work though a lot of walking, working outside in the sun, and a lot of unexpected overtime because you can't leave until all the work is done. Co-workers are awesome and become friends, but some of the management can be rude and condescending..
Fun Summer Job
Ticket Taker (Current Employee), Wheatland, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: getting to see concerts
Cons: short breaks
You get to see all the local concerts, and get paid! It is great for people who love music, and can stand on feet long time. Co-workers are great. The best part is seeing all the bands.
Mixing it up
Supervisor Usher (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2014
VIP, corporate, or general public - backstage or front desk - always treating them like royalty and striking up light conversation when you're able. Fun!
this place is ok to work at.
sales, customer service representative (Former Employee), Pharr, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: .
fun co-workers, helpless managers, a typical day at work is answering phone call, if we run into a problem, we dnt get taught on how to handle it, the managers take the call over, n deals with it, without any suggestions with how to encounter and handle a problem like that again.
Productive yet very fun work environment, very friendly management.
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 11, 2014
Pros: good hours, music, friendly people.
Cons: calling off was extremely frowned upon, regardless of the reason.
A typical day at work was a ten hour shift for a concert, directing foot traffic and helping guests to their seats.
I learned quite a bit of patience. Guests can become upset, and some times it's necessary to call a supervisor, but I must always remain polite and courteous.
The management team was wonderful, very friendly, but capable of maintaining their roles as superiors.
My co-workers were like any others at a job with so many people, some were great, some, not so much, but most people were friendly.
The hardest part of the job was letting a guest know that their ticket was invalid. It was sad to see that a person had been sold an illegitimate ticket, but they had to be turned away, so that's what I did.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment. Cool evening breezes and music emanating. What else is there to say?
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 30, 2014
I enjoyed the experience of working for Live Nation. It really helped prepare me for my second real job because you meet so many people and learn how to act with customers of all different types. It was a very positive and memorable experience that I would definitely do again.
I really enjoyed this opportunity
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Eastern RegionApril 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: scheduling
This is a great place to work. I got to network with some of the best people in the world. My team was the best

About Live Nation

Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster, – Read more

Live Nation Salaries