Live Nation

Live Nation Employer Reviews

Productive yet very fun work environment, very friendly management.
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 11, 2014
Pros: good hours, music, friendly people.
Cons: calling off was extremely frowned upon, regardless of the reason.
A typical day at work was a ten hour shift for a concert, directing foot traffic and helping guests to their seats.
I learned quite a bit of patience. Guests can become upset, and some times it's necessary to call a supervisor, but I must always remain polite and courteous.
The management team was wonderful, very friendly, but capable of maintaining – more... their roles as superiors.
My co-workers were like any others at a job with so many people, some were great, some, not so much, but most people were friendly.
The hardest part of the job was letting a guest know that their ticket was invalid. It was sad to see that a person had been sold an illegitimate ticket, but they had to be turned away, so that's what I did.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment. Cool evening breezes and music emanating. What else is there to say? – less
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 30, 2014
I enjoyed the experience of working for Live Nation. It really helped prepare me for my second real job because you meet so many people and learn how to act with customers of all different types. It was a very positive and memorable experience that I would definitely do again.
I really enjoyed this opportunity
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Eastern RegionApril 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: scheduling
This is a great place to work. I got to network with some of the best people in the world. My team was the best
New & Challenging Environment
Fulfillment Agent (Current Employee), Charleston, WVApril 20, 2014
OPERATIONS Manage day-to-day store performances of the store. Overseesales, inventory control, visual merchandising, housekeeping, security, administration and compliance to store policies and procedures. Assisted in two stores concurrently over a four month period with highly successful sale results
during busy Christmas season.

STAFFING &TRAINING – more... Recruit, train, develop, schedule and supervise a team of ten associates. Motivate staff to achieve performance goals and ensure productive store operations.

CUSTOMER RELATIONS & SERVICE Develop ad mange customer relations to maximize service satisfaction, promote goodwill and generate repeat/referral business that contributes to sales growth. Monitor and resolve any service – less
Public safety
Security (Former Employee), George, WAMarch 22, 2014
Check peoples tickets to an entrance, protect the audience and performers.
Fun
Security (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: paid to listen to music
Cons: patrons tend to dislike you for enforcing the rules
Working at Live Nation is a blast! You get paid to listen to great concerts and the work isn't too hard either. You still have to do your job you can't just sit around and listen to music, but it is one of the best jobs I've ever had. I loved being both security and an usher.
Exciting atmosphere and fun co-workers/team leaders
Guest Services Representative & Cashier (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: listening to free music
Cons: sometimes the summer weather (storms!) is crazy
Typical day at work is servicing thousands of people as they attend a concert. Either we will be out in the parking lot taking tickets for VIP members or we are inside the venue handling ticket upgrades or selling tickets for future concerts.Management does a terrific job of not only handling the crowds but also the employees. There are multiple teams – more... (maintenance, security, ushers, cashiers, guest services, vendors, etc.) that make up our entire group and all have to function at high levels to make the concert and enjoyable and safe experience overall. The hardest part would be crowd management and making judgements on the fly if we can't reach certain people; that's why my co-workers are sharp and sensible minded individuals. The most enjoyable part is the chaos and overall excitement that comes from concert goers having a good time and listening to great musicians – less
Free concerts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: seasonal
Live Nation is a fun work environment. You see a wide variety of people between the guests and the employees. I learned clerical skills and receptionist skills. I learned how to maintain a crowd. The bad part is the you only work from about March until October at most 8 days a month. However, Live Nation didn't mind paying double and over time.
Very fun experiences, but poor decision-making by administration
Event Staff Manager for South Florida (Former Employee), Royal Palm Beach, FloridaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: witnessing some of the biggest musical acts in the united states
Cons: negative attitudes and outlooks from others in administration
A typical day consisted of 16 hours of concert preparation including: load-in, sound check, staff meetings, crowd management / safety, load-out.

I learned how to manage over 150 event staff members while executing superb customer satisfaction and crowd control safety for countless sold out shows that included 20,000 patrons. This was done while balancing – more... full-time graduate school.

Unfortunately some management in administrative positions do not see the importance of reciprocating benefits to hard working staff members, even though customer satisfaction (from polls / questionnaires) grew exponentially as each concert passed.

The hardest part of my job was transitioning from friend of 5 years to boss when promoted to Event Staff Manager. Another difficult aspect of the job was the poor attitudes displayed by management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting in the production and execution of concerts, customer service and patron safety / crowd management. – less
Very Fun workplace
Event Staff (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long shifts
Very fun and positive surroundings.
young and elderly crowds.
still employed .
More of a summer job.
Good workplace. Plenty of people to meet.
Security Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: good people, get to listen to music for free
This job was a good one for the most part. I only say that because I had a run in with a customer that did not end very well. That being said, I did enjoy the job. I moved up to the Team Leader position in my third year. I already knew most of my co-workers from years past so that was a plus. The most difficult part for me was probably training new – more... people. It was the first time I had to in a job and I did not quite know what to say. – less
never a dull moment ultimate team work
Production Runner (Current Employee), wa ca or idJanuary 21, 2014
first one there and last one to leave most of the time the shifts are 24hour days.Provide services and assists production management and performers for concerts and shows. Communicate with the performers and tour managers. Courier services. Transportation to/from hotels and venue. Set-up and break down of the backstage dressing rooms. Conducted last – more... minute arrangements for unexpected needs for the events. Take detailed notes and accurately record expenditure. Facilitated the entire team to create a positive atmosphere for the tour. – less
great company to work for
Special Events Sales Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 2, 2013
I can't say enough about this company, recognize your hard work and give you the opportunity to grow and take on new challenges.
Productive and fun workplace with live ennertainment
Operations Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: seasonal
Fast paced exciting atmosphere that taught me a lot about working for a major facility. Use of handyman tools and learned basic knowledge of building operations and maintenance. coworkers great to work with, extremely long hours sometimes up to 20 days without a day off. Feeling of reward once the show plays off and all jobs are done.
fun workplace
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILNovember 18, 2013
Pros: concert viewings for free
my very first job it was great i got to meet alot of great stars backstage and fans even friends whom i still speak with today.
Fun Work Place
Sr. Sponsorship Coordinator/Account Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 11, 2013
Very fun and exciting place to work if you are passionate about music.
Interesting work environment.
Project Manager Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: turnover, low pay, no benefits, etc.
This was one of the tougher places to fit in. It was a pure work related environment with little culture. There was high turnover with most people I saw coming in staying less than a month!

I learned the ins and outs of media buying and managing a campaign from start to finish.

Management was always eager to help and mentor.

Hardest part was the – more... tedious spreadsheets that were completely manual entry. We could have created a much more efficient form that would have made reporting much more fluid.

Overall, Live Nation was fun place to work, but never felt like I was apart of the team there. – less
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Pharr, Tx.October 23, 2013
•Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
•File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
•Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
•Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
•Report violations of compliance or regulatory – more... standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
•Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
•Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
•Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
•Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
•Verify that all firm and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated. – less
Poor pay but great experience
Event Staff (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: fun, exceiting work, great supervisors.
Cons: low pay rating
This is a great company to work with and the staff was nice. It didnt pay the best but the work was fun.
Live Nation
MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2013
Fun work environment
passion driven industry
long hours/lower pay
great networking opportunities

About Live Nation

Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster, – Read more