Senior Contract Perl Developer
In this role you will be a member of the team that owns the design and development of the real time reporting (UI, analytics, performance) and grid computing (Hadoop - Map/Reduce, HDFS) systems.
These systems are part of our core data & grid management infrastructure. At your disposal are all of the facilities of Linux, Perl , Java, open source workflow management libraries and job queuing systems, as well as libraries developed in house. This is an excellent opportunity to own a large, critical chunk of the overall system, and flex your ability to build and sustain a highly available, scalable, distributed system application.
You'll gain a strong understanding of the domain of a virtual call center, and apply sound engineering practices to solve technical challenges. You will play a key role on a strong engineering team, and collaborate effectively on core code libraries and code sharing techniques.
Individual will be working on reporting pipeline supporting and enhancing data processing and adding new data to reports.
- BS degree or equivalent in engineering discipline is required
- 5+ yrs professional experience in building commercial applications a must
- Solid programming knowledge of Perl required (currently using Perl 5.8)
- Solid understanding of database fundamentals essential
- Working Experience with SQL - MySQL required (Advanced SQL highly desirable.).
- Experience with or desire to learn Java is highly desirable
- Knowledge of JMS (ActiveMQ), J2EE desirable
- Knowledge / interest in data analytics a big plus
- Knowledge of Networking (TCP/IP) and web protocols - http, https required
- Ability to develop on Linux operating systems with good concepts of system level programming in unix
- Must be highly motivated, flexible, passionate, self-learner
- Hadoop and Cloud experience a plus