LiveText is at the leading edge of educational learning products for colleges and universities with its portfolio of products across three platforms and is looking for talented individuals to join our team.
As a Software Architect, you will help define the technology vision, evaluate vendor systems, develop frameworks and features, write standards, run code reviews, interface with third party vendor systems, and engage with marketing and customer advocates to develop innovative products. Work with Infrastructure groups and business groups to ensure that the various structures and processes through which their line of business runs are engineered for integrity, efficiency, scalability and integration.
You will translate business requirements and product vision into application architecture.
You are expected to demonstrate strong capabilities in assessing business needs while providing creative and effective solutions in conformance to emerging technology standards.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong architecture background with 8-10 years of software development experience (in the web space) with Object Oriented languages (PHP, Ruby, Perl, Java)
- 5+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails and Zend web development framework
- Working knowledge of LAMP stack ( Apache,nginix, MySQL, PHP)
- Web Development (familiarity with HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MVC Frameworks)
- RDBMS databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Unit integration and automation testing methodologies and frameworks
- Previous experience implementing high traffic, enterprise level, web applications with focus on scalability, security and consumer acceptance strongly desired
- Experience mentoring a small team of software engineers
- Experience building and architecting big data solutions (ETL) and driving automation of insights.
- Experience with transaction/batch processing and high-availability systems
- API/Service Oriented Architecture experience desired
- Traditional RDBMS databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Version Control (GIT)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile, iterative, and collaborative engineering environment where quality tested code is highly valued
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to analytically defend your design decisions
- Experience building and architecting data warehouse solutions a plus
Your Partner For Continuous Improvement
LiveText is a leading provider of institution-wide solutions for strategic learning improvement initiatives, assessment, and institutional effectiveness. Measure and see progress on learning outcomes and institutional objectives for accreditation and improvement with our customizable, comprehensive solutions that allow for seamless integration and data reporting.
LiveText's Learning Assessment & Accreditation Management Service - Flexibility without Complexity - Easy to implement, easy to learn, easy to use. LiveText provides its members and their institutions with the most complete learning assessment and accreditation management solution that integrates both powerful reporting and extensive e-Portfolio tools.
Members most typically have a secure web space focused on learning and on applying learning in multiple ways assessed vs. widely-accepted standards, performance expectations, and outcomes of their chosen institution. Institutions use data to help each member and to improve for all members.
Flexible, easy tools save precious time, more deeply engage learners in their own learning, and place insightful information and resources at fingertips of learners, faculty members, and leaders beyond academic boundaries of campus, calendars and enrollment.
Continuously improve your effectiveness and easily show evidence that you met requirements of self, program, institution, and accreditation.