LiveOps Employee Reviews in United States

I worked here for 2/12 yrs can be fun, but also frustrating
Agent Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 17, 2016
You can make good money here. You will have to read lots and lots of scripts, know a bunch or products in and out, even lie and say you've used some of these products to make the sales - Flexible schedule??. It depends of how much your liked and how much money you make for them and the client - is how often they will let you work. They play games with you about giving you the schedule that you really want, and just because your committed - it doesn't mean you get calls. Don't buy Nothing new - such as a car, or any big ticket item - if they don't like you, they won't send you the calls. and you only make money when you talk. You don't make money studying up on all the products that you have to know about - and every day - they send you new scripts to learn - that you may not even get the calls for. Flexible schedule is bull - a lot of the times they don't send you calls for the time that you have blocked out to work - and you can literally sit there for hours upon hours wasting your time. I have made good money, but many days - I've worked 12, 14, 15hrs days. If you don't have patience to deal with rude customers, who insult you and management, who really don't care about your time/ and or value your time, this job is not for you. If you do this, I hope and pray you have another source of income - the pay is so unsteady. you have to work long hrs to make anything decent, and strain to stay awake. - plenty of coffee, no dozes, and when you leave time open for your break lol - they send you a call! So at times you get absolutely no break. How inconsiderate for management  more... to let employees sit there with no Break - I had to have a pot next to me to use

But what I really didn't like is studying all these scripts - that you may never get calls for. Why not master 10-15 products? Why I have to master 100?
Pros
working from home if they would send you calls when you want it
Cons
no benefits, long hrs, lack of sleep, looking old due to no rest.
Licensed Insurance Agent
Lic Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  CharlotteJuly 16, 2015
First off, some of the glowing reviews on here are very dubious. The recent one that states "pay and benefits are good".......there are no benefits provided, this is 1099, even the training and/or certifications are unpaid. Secondly, you are only paid while during a call. No call, no pay, licensed agent or not. The same review says "there are always overtime hours to be covered". You are not permitted but so many 30-minute segments per week, usually 80s segment once you show you are dependable. There is no push or requirement to take on more than you want to work. The REAL problem is that for licensed agents, there are too few hours to go around. I call that the "opposite of what was stated" problem. The hours are posted twice a week and poof, they are snapped up literally within seconds. Only the weekend shifts, when calls are sparse, go begging.

Check the reviews on glassdoor for more reliable feedback.
Pros
Flex schedule when you can get one.
Cons
Must sink or swim, no live help available except by chat.
I can call whoever I want now and get in touch with that person.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work I would come in and make a lot of phone calls. It was more or less an inside sales position. Our objective was to get as many leads as we could acquire. The most important thing I learned there was being able to call into any company and get to whoever I wanted. I can call whoever I want now and get in touch with that person. There were two bosses at this company. The main Boss was a really good guy and tried to help but he was always gone. The second Boss would try to run you to the ground. He tried to manage with fear. It wasn't the best management.
Pros
Being able to call whoever I want in the world and get in touch with them.
Cons
Bad Management.
helpful and fun workplace
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
I love working from home because it allows me to spend time with family and friends and set my own schedule, I also have had jobs where the schedule was set for me and I would have to plan my day to day events around my schedule that was great too because I didn't have a lot of idol time. I love to stay busy and being on the move.My co-waorkers and management is great and are very helpful in my time of need always answer any question I may have. This job at liveops has been a very enjoyable place to work because everyone is friendly and help. The hardest thing at work is meeting the customers where their at meaning getting the customer help when they need it and when I am able to do so it is very rewarding to hear that from the customer.
Pros
setting own schedule
Cons
no hourly pay
Would be a great program if they didn't hire an excessive amount of agents which limits the amount of calls.
Licensed life insurance agent (Current Employee) –  work at homeFebruary 12, 2016
Enjoyable work at home position taking calls for various life insurance companies selling final expense policies. You have to pick the times you are available to take calls but that is based on the number of commits available. Sometimes there are no commits available and you won't get any calls and you won't make any money. The calls are based on how much advertising the companies do. It is very easy to make small mistakes which create a CE (Compliance Event) and can have a detrimental effect on income.
Pros
set your own hours and the checks are always on time.
Cons
The income is based on how many calls you receive and sales percentage, They have hired too many agents and nobody makes any money, Sometimes you sit for one or two hours and get no calls.
Not that great.
Customer Service and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMarch 28, 2016
This job has the potential for decent pay, it is incredibly demanding and competitive and inconsistent. It is difficult to get the hours that pay out the most revenue.
Hard place to work if you don't like being locked in with people waiting on court dates
Virtual Independent Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHJuly 5, 2015
This job was challenging, but pay and benefits were good. But no flexibility for family and outside things. There was always overtime hours to be covered. There were always people working 16 hour days and sometimes that could be a concern.
Liveops has the most missteps I have ever seen.
Senior Network Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Save your health, do not work here.

I killed myself working every holiday, extra hours, training people on my own time just to be not appreciated in any way.

Once the previous CEO left, upper management was forced out and all caring along with them.

Save your time, look elsewhere.
Pros
Great engineers
Cons
REALLY bad upper management.
A good company to work for
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CA 94401March 12, 2016
I have been an independent agent with LiveOps for over 8 years. The company is always flexing and developing new ideas and ways to improve it's relationship with their agents. There is a variety of clients from which to choose. The training is self paced through online modules and ending with a live instructor and practice calls. If you are working for a single client (a dedicated line) you get to know your team mates and they have always been a pleasure to work with.
Calls are not guaranteed. Its hit or miss really
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAFebruary 24, 2016
Live Ops can be a great side job or extra money position. Its very hard to count on as full time income. The best hours are at night, as during the day thousands of other agents are trying to receive calls as well. Also, a lot of times you commit to the schedule and the volume of calls that were expected don't come in. Its hit or miss really. And its definitely what you make of it. You have to be self disciplined to work at home especially when you're not getting as many calls as you were prior. I, at one point was averaging about 18 an hour and had top 10% in a couple of products; however once you're not on the phones you're performance stats fall off and you have to basically start over with the 25 calls for one product to get performance rated. I simply got tired of staying up so late to make money. When morning comes life continues, I don't have the luxury to sleep in. Also, there tends to be a lot of issues with their systems since they're pretty outdated.
Pros
Work the times you choose, pay is pretty good when you're on your game.
Cons
system issues, call volume vs call time available, no one to really speak to when you have a question. All via email and can be a great pain
Very Unprofessional company who does not want you to make a living
Insurance Sales and claims representative (Former Employee) –  Work from HomOctober 28, 2015
Liveops management is very unprofessional. They hide behind emails and when you send them simple questions related to anything, it take days, maybe weeks for them to answer, yet when they do, it has nothing to do with your question.

They retaliate towards you if you voice concerns about how they audit your calls.

This company really to a new business model and to get professional people to run this organization.

You can work for years with them and never get a pay increase. it's strictly for extra income, you cannot make a living off of this.
Fun and flexible work place
Independent agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2015
Set up own schedule, able to work in the morning or late afternoon. While at work I'm connected to a chat room where I can converse with other liveops agents, share experiences and able to ask questions in separate room to supervisor present.
I am paid for time on call, but I'm able to increase my pay by offering other items included on the script as well as magazines.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the schedule flexibility and new product always being offered.
The hardest part was keeping up my rating because if I didn't work for a few days, my numbers would automatically go down.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay rate
Work at home
Remote Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 7, 2016
Do not have to pay for training, flexible and good pay. Do not have to be a business owner just independent contractor. Very good money
Probably one of my favorite jobs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  west berlin. njSeptember 13, 2015
This was a home-based business where I was my own boss. I chose what days I wanted to work and the hours. My breaks depended on when my shifts ended which is great, because it gave me time to do other stuff that i wanted to do. The time i spent working did however cut into my personal life and since my pay depended on how long i spent on the phone ( with phone time not being very long itself) it seemed as though I was working long hours with nothing much to show for it. Despite that, if I ever had the chance, I'd definitely do the job again.
Working from Home
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Telecommuting - Work from HomeNovember 11, 2015
LiveOps is very flexible. I have the ability to work from home and make my own hours. There are many companies that you can work for. Each one pay a different amount. You get paid per minute.
Pros
Telecommuting, flexible schedule, healthcare
Cons
Commuting, non flexible schedule, paid per minute
Working from home
Independent Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Big Sandy, TXSeptember 17, 2015
A typical day involved signing in from home to take inbound calls for various products and services. I learned how to handle high call volumes as well as deescalate calls that involved irate customers. Management was great when needed and there were opportunities to connect with other customer services representatives when call volumes were low. The hardest part of the job was losing sales due to long scripts that had to be read and locking in a schedule that sometimes felt like the demolition derby as you were competing with representatives nationwide. The most enjoyable part of the job was the independence in that I worked from home and made my own schedule.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Schedules not guaranteed
okay
Home Base Business/Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 13, 2015
not having to leave your home and being able to work as much or as little as possible. being able to work sitting down when having health issues
Pros
being comfortable in your own home
Cons
job security nor benefits
place to work for older workers
telecomute (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 1, 2016
Live Ops is a good , way to have a secondary income, never a problem getting paid. It can be very challenging at times and at times frustrating.
Pros
work at home, make your own hours
Cons
pay per minute
Independent work
Independent Agent Services Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Dahlonega, GANovember 11, 2015
I enjoyed setting my own hours, however it would have been nice to have had a hourly pay as apposed to per talk minute. Selling over the phone is more difficult then selling face to face. it is all about tone and inflection.
Pros
work at home. flexible hours
Cons
pay and no advancement
Great Place to work Love working with the Children
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Garfield, OHDecember 8, 2015
Worked from home to quiet not fast paced enough for me. No room for growth not enough income to support family. I was an independent contractor no co-workers. Not a hard job slow incoming calls, Didn't have to commute
Pros
worked from home
Cons
No advancement