LiveOps

LiveOps Employee Reviews

Customer service, inbound sales, work from home convenience
Agent (Current Employee), OnlineMay 17, 2015
Pros: Convenient Schedule, work from home
Cons: Not guaranteed your line to ring and the preferred amount of talk time per login session.
I am an inbound sales Agent at LiveOps. I log in, put on my head set, and open the phone panel, making my line ready to take phone calls. I do not get paid for my time logged in: I get paid for talk time.
Customers call in from all over the world to order products or obtain information about a program or service they previously saw on a television ad. When a call comes in, a script automatically appears providing myself the awareness of what the caller has called in reference to. Everything I need to know is right in front of me, giving me the confidence to inform each caller the proper information they request.
Sometimes caller do get aggravated due to the call taking longer than they had intended. I attentively keep thanking them for their time and patience throughout the conversation. The most enjoyable part is getting to speak with people from all over the world; Alaska, Texas, Canada etc... I especially love all the different accents.
Although I am very good at customer service and have many years experience in that field, I truly enjoy writing and painting.
Great place to work for yourself
Customer Serivce Rep (Current Employee), VAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Schedule my own hours
Cons: pay is not enough to make as full time job
I've worked for LiveOps since 2012. It gives me the ability to earn additional income at my own leisure and from the comfort of my home. As an independent contractor, you create your own schedule and you have the ability to make as much or as little as you want. You can answer inbound calls from infomercials, take calls for Proflowers order, Allstate FNOL calls, Pizza Hut calls, and more. If taking infomercial calls, you are required to up-sell additional products on the call and you must abide by the script provided. If you are good at sales, you would be a good fit as the incentives to sell the additional products is additional money on top of the base pay of per minute talk time. Per minute talk time can vary anywhere from $0.22-$0.25, but you get paid ONLY when you talk. I myself do not like to push callers so I talk calls for a line that only gathers information from callers, and for the pizza hut calls.
work form home
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), work form homeApril 6, 2015
Pros: Nice place to work
Cons: they dont play if you have to call out for a real emergency have to bring proof of the emergency.
There is always something to do. That is the best part of the job because the day goes by so fast that before you know it time to go go home. Always learning new things on the job. Co workers here are very nice.
Great work for full-time Students
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Create your own schedule with a 24-hour window, 30 minutes blocks, schedule your own breaks, work only when you want to work.
Cons: Phone calls are monitored, upselling is a must, contractors can lose rating
As an independent contractor for Live Ops, contractors work from home. Time management skills are vital. Working for the company, contractors educate customers on a variety of different products and even handled sensitive payment information; suggest complementary products; make address changes and explained customer billing when necessary. At Live Ops, you can work for various companies including, Allstate, Pizza Hut, Telebrand, Beach Body and a host of other companies.
Great when you're stuck at home
Pizza Hutt Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: make your own schedule, work from home
Cons: everything else
Liveops can be good for those with kids, don't have a car or just enjoy staying at home. The hardest part is the script, if you don't say everything verbatim you get strikes, notes and complaints that can cause you to lose your job. People can be very mean if you sound just a little unsure make sure you're confident or else they will call you out.
Independent Contractor Insurance Sales
Independent Contractor Insurance Sales (Current Employee), central IllinoisMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility, freedom to choose your own hours
Cons: you won't get rich, minimal opportunity to interact with liveops staff
I have been an independent contractor with Live-ops for about a month.

As a former HR Director, I found their hiring process very unusual. During the entire process, I never once spoke to a live human being.
I responded to emails and went through a phone interview/audition that was completely automated.

Once hired, there is very little opportunity to interact with a live person. Most of the training is completely on-line with only one session conducted via teleconference with a live human. If you need a lot of hand-holding or crave a lot of feedback, look elsewhere.

I am doing this work to keep busy and supplement my spouse's more than adequate income. In other words, I'm not in this for the money. I think it would be very difficult to make a living do this. Some hours I earn $25 or more; others I earn less than $10. And, as a new agent it is nearly impossible to get 40 hours of work in a week unless you want to work some on Saturdays and Sundays.

I enjoy the freedom to pick my own hours and log in while unshaven and wearing my sweats. I get to put my kids on the bus every morning and am home when they get home from school. I watch shows on Netflix in between calls.

The work is easy. I am a good salesperson but HATE cold-calling. All these calls are in-bound which means they already have an interest in your product. All you have to do is explain it intelligently and try to find them a coverage amount that they can afford. Most of the callers are older and very friendly. Sure, there are some a-holes, but where can you work where you aren't having to deal with that?

This – more... is the ideal opportunity for someone who values flexibility way more than a big paycheck, someone who is self-motivated and doesn't need a lot of managerial guidance or coaching, someone who can multi-task and is reasonably computer-savvy, and someone who enjoys talking to other people. You must also be responsible and conscientious enough to handle being an independent contractor (maintain good records, pay quarterly taxes, find your own insurance/benefits, etc.) – less
productive working from home
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), milan, tnFebruary 26, 2015
My work day consist of being a Customer Service Representative from the comfort of my own home. I sell products from infomercials. i have learned that some people are difficult to talk to and deal with but i have to keep positive with them no matter what. The best part about my job is talking to people from all over the United States and almost having the privilage of working at home.
A good company to work with
Independent Contractor / DR Outbound/Inbound (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good experience! received good performance ratings*
Cons: was not given an opportunity to sign another contract, said i breached one contract. which i never received a contract to sign, again by them.
My day working as an Independent Contractor was wonderful!
Being able to start or stop at any given time of day, could not have been better. That was a different change of life, not having to race across town. Now, management for this company could really make some improvements. Being a Independent Contractor for this company and managements didn't meet hand in hand. Co-workers, cool, I had no problem with management, they just need more organization among them as a whole.
Really there was nothing hard about the job! and the most enjoyable part about this job was meeting and engaging with the customer, Sometimes there might be a Irate customer, but upon talking with them sometimes the customer ends up very friendly, and satisified with the resolution.
Great job to work from home.
Virtual Service Representative (Former Employee), Santa Ana,CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: work whenver you wanted to.
Cons: pay not great.
Love the position,able to work from home,was a independent contractor,work whenever you wanted to.Met people all over the United States.Pay not great,only .25 per talk time per minute.
Great way to supplement regular income
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: very very low pay
I am an insurance agent and I take calls for AEGON and METLife. Its a decent gig for supplemental income. Make your own hours.
Enjoy working in the comforts of my home.
Customer Service / Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: can choose your own schedule, the flexibility is great.
Cons: liveops needs to increase their talk per minute to per hour
Live-ops gave me the opportunity to work with a variety of clients,
There is a lot of up sells. The rate of pay should be per hour not per talk time.
Work on your own time
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), HomeJanuary 23, 2015
Freedom to work when you want. Good pay for incentives, bonuses and sales.
Great Company to work from home
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 19, 2015
Live Ops is a great company to work with and I love interacting with all the clients that call me. This is work from home and I interact by chat rooms that are available for each client. The hardest part is sitting for long periods of time.
Independant contractor position
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Shipman, ILJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: must have internet and phone service to work.
The only compensation/benefits is that you are working from home for yourself and job security is what you make it. Advancement is how many hours that you are willing to work and success at customer service
Wonderful place to start a business
Independant Customer Service Agent Owner (Current Employee), Jackson MI My HomeDecember 29, 2014
Wonderful Business ownership experience. My own business.
LiveOps is an awesome work at home customer service business
Call Center Customer Service (Current Employee), At homeDecember 3, 2014
Pros: i get to provide a service to wonderful people all across the united states
Cons: if there are no calls i don't get paid no matter how long i'm sitting here
A typical day of work for me depends on who I'm working for on that day. If I'm working Allstate, I take accident claims for Allstate insured customers or claimants. If I'm working for Proflowers, I am taking orders for customers that would like to send flowers, fruit, berries and other gifts or I'm making corrections for unsatisfied customers. I've learned how to be more empathetic and still professional for callers that may have had a death or hospitalizations. I have also learned how to keep my composure when a caller calls angry, frustrated, in tears and wants to lash out a someone, anyone. I feel their pain and we get through it. Because this is an at home job, we really don't have management, we are our own boss but we have agents that are more experienced that are called leads and they help us the best they can when they can. I have never met any of my co-workers but we chat daily, I do have a few that I call and keep up with. We are all in different states but I do plan on meeting some in the near future. We are like family, we "see each other"/chat daily.We share family pictures, events, laughs, tears. I love what I do. The hardest part of this job is even with all the friends and laughs online, once I'm off, I look around my house and it quiet, it's lonely sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to have dinner ready when my husband gets home. Clothes washed and house spotless. I can also work on writing books and starting my own company one day.
Confidential
Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee), Redwood City, CADecember 1, 2014
They delivers total display solutions that create unrivaled immersion and engagement. Combining groundbreaking hardware, software and services, we are revolutionizing the
world of large scale displays.
This is the solid truth
Sales (Current Employee), OnlineNovember 22, 2014
Choosing your own schedule and working from home are wonderful perks. However, keep in mind that this is a 6-month contract job that must be renewed twice a year. Your renewal is not guaranteed, so if a great job becomes available do not hesitate to take it. Also, "management" will ignore your concerns and blame you if something does not work on the company's end to cover their own tail. Be prepared to be defensive and fight for survival.

In addition, your calls will be monitored heavily and you will be warned for every little mistake that you make. If you make too many, they you will be let go. Also, you will need to pay for your own benefits and put aside your own tax money. Call volume and pay varies, so make sure you save plenty of money to pay the bills when holidays approach. There are errors in the scripts that affect your pay, so you must keep up with what you make to issue corrections. Is this the perfect place to work? It is not. Does it pay a lot? Not for most people. This is a way to have flexibility in your life in exchange for lower pay.
Setting up your work schedule
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), ChicagoNovember 18, 2014
Pros: being able to set your own schedule.
Cons: their terms of contract were not readily understandable.
A typical day at Liveops requires working long hours and communicating with people of all ethnicities and ages. I learned that proper communicative skills, dedication and total quality service promotes growth in a company. Managers were well educated in policies and procedures but need to improve communication with their independent contractors. The hardest part of the job was to learn to communicate with irate custumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people. For instance, during hurricane Katrina, many people were distraught. It gave me great pleasure to help those in need.
Working from home with bonus insentives.
Direct Sales Agent (Current Employee), 555 Twin Dolphin Dr. Redwood City Ca 94065November 14, 2014
Pros: insentive pay for any high volume call times.
Cons: no healthcare benifits
I started out with Liveops as a DR which means direct sales where I would take sales calls for infomercials, the longer I stayed with them my stats remain high and I was given more opportunities to grow my business. I contracted not only Direct sales, but also customer service for an insurance company as first response agent. and now customer service for time sheet and payment management company. I have mulch-contract clients at this time with flexible work hours.

1 2 3 4 5