LiveOps Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful company to work for. It is my business, I can make as little or as much as I want.
INDEPENDENT SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2016
Being motivated with little supervision. A great place to learn and make a living. The administration is always providing opportunities to make more money.
Pros
Self employed opportunity
Cons
few computer glitches, but resolved quickly
They will make you a ROBOT...or BULLSeye--come for you
CSR (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJuly 19, 2016
I worked for LiveOps for a little over two years. I must admit, at first it was quite nice. I worked the Sales lines. But as soon as I tried to expand--not even advance, and try a new program I met a monster. The requirements were ridiculous. QA would count off for details like 'how many times you said the customer's name'.

I was not used to that. But instead of allowing me to refresh through training courses or coaching, LiveOps would basically "play" on my phone ALL DAY pretending to be a customer, asking off-the-wall 'set-up' questions that required you to open a ticket you were no longer supposed to open without permission. Then when you ask permission they are conveniently too busy to reply in a timely manner...leaving you stuck with the dilemma of a mark for transferring the call or keeping the client on the line too long.

'Real' customers complimented me--when I got them on the phone. That was more and more rare before they had enough QA issues racked up to kick me off the line.

So...be advised...THEY WILL TEST AND TEST AND TEST YOU....stay on point if you want to stay. Get ready to be a robot e v e r y day!

...I mean really...It is not enough to provide excellent customer service (which I KNOW I did and DO regardless)."Be Sure To State The Customer's Name Three Times During The Call AND Upon Closing The Call"..."Restate The Customer's Concern or Question and Wait For Confirmation From The Customer"...no matter if it is someone you just talked to a few minutes ago.

I just wanted to vent...lol. I really did love my job there, but I felt they targeted
  more... me. To this day, I wish I knew the real reason why. Seriously...kma LiveOps.

KJS
Pros
Flexible & Supportive
Cons
Petty & Unscrupulous
They were alright to deal with
Independant Contractor (Current Employee) –  My home in Middletown PaJune 30, 2016
They didn't pay very well and nothing was permanent and they had no work at home jobs available. When I was in a car accident and was very badly injured they did not want to work with me and the business did as they wanted me to come on permanent. Any time I called for something I would receive a voicemail and hardly never a call back. Also I didn't like how the group that was hired with me the manager talked about other employees in the group to others and this should be confidential and another employee should not be talked about to another employee by a manager or recruiter.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
terrible managment
Worked from home. very convenient
Home-based Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 23, 2016
This company had good communication with it's employees and was open to suggestions when submitted. Time off when needed was not an issue, but could effect your ability to get more work upon return.
very calm work place
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2016
handling customer calls and complaints . taking payments and correct information for accounts .. selling products dealing with several different companies . collecting debt for companies
flexible schedule, pick the hours that work best for you
Call Center Agent/Insurance Telegreeter (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 12, 2016
can work when and how many amount of hours you want to work in a week. Can choose from several lines to work on. Can work on different programs that fit your needs.
Pros
work when you want to work
Cons
schedule fills up fast got to grab your commits before they are gone
ugh
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 4, 2016
ive written 30 reviews for this same job to finish my resume i dont know exactly what is going on but the job is a good one i provided excellent service
Sales
General Sales (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 1, 2016
I LOVE working here! I can set all my own hours and also be home. This is not for someone that just wants to sign up and think they will get paid. You have to do your own research and put in the training hours but if you stick with it, it will pay off if this is the type of job you are looking for. I would definitely recommend this company to any of my friends and you!
Pros
Work at home, flexible hours, great training
Cons
If you put in your time to learn, none
work from home job
Independent Agent Sales Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2016
great work from home make your own hours. Online training. be youur own boss. what more can you say. Good for part time work.
Fantastic
Virtual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Muir, CAMay 19, 2016
A Great Company Love Working Great Hours Great Lines Chat Great Really Help You And your Business Good Hours Love This Job
Independent Sales Agent
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 4, 2016
Not a good source of income. The pay is bogus because they redirect calls based on call flow. Inexperienced new agents get priority over experienced agents. So when there is a training program experienced agents are allowed to work for nothing since no calls come in and you are paid on talk time only. Very unfair call distribution. Calls are supposedly routed based on metrics. But in fact if someone on staff decides they don't like you, you suddenly get few calls, even if you have good metrics. Definitely not fair. They get to hound you, and treat you totally unfair, because you are NOT an employee, you are a "business ". So they can refuse to talk with you, lie to you, or just act like idiots because you are a subcontractor with few rights. They recently did away with their direct chat line and have cutback on staffing of call line chat rooms. Business is dropping, call volume terrible. You are encouraged to lie to upsell, and the pressure to sell Affinities is ridiculous and you get paid little if anything. This is strictly run for the old timer inside group and otherwise it's run like a sweat shop. DON'T WORK HERE if you can avoid it. Have since signed with another work at home company that pays more with base pay and commissions. And you are actually an employee who matters. No wonder Liveops is losing customers and failing miserably.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Terribly inconsistent pay, call vloume, unfair treatment unless you are inthe in crowd, head in the sand management, unethical sales practices, just a TERRIBLE COMPANY!!
helpful and fun workplace
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
I love working from home because it allows me to spend time with family and friends and set my own schedule, I also have had jobs where the schedule was set for me and I would have to plan my day to day events around my schedule that was great too because I didn't have a lot of idol time. I love to stay busy and being on the move.My co-waorkers and management is great and are very helpful in my time of need always answer any question I may have. This job at liveops has been a very enjoyable place to work because everyone is friendly and help. The hardest thing at work is meeting the customers where their at meaning getting the customer help when they need it and when I am able to do so it is very rewarding to hear that from the customer.
Pros
setting own schedule
Cons
no hourly pay
LiveOps is great for people who need a flexible job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Middletown, DEApril 25, 2016
providing customer service for several companies, which included placing orders, checking order status, filing claims with 3rd party carriers.
Great Job if you can get on the schedule
Customer Service/WAH (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeApril 18, 2016
Sometimes it is hard to get on the schedule and when you bring it to the attention of the administration, they blame you for not looking at the correct time. The work if fun, but, again, very hard to get on the schedule.
Not enough hours
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2016
Not enough hours to work full time, only make enough for a little extra money. Great for a second job. Too many people working for too few spots.
Phones Sales and Customer Service
Inbound Sales and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAApril 7, 2016
Inbound sales calls and inbound customer service calls. Recommend as a part time job. No commission pay. Pay per min of talk time.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Low pay
I can call whoever I want now and get in touch with that person.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work I would come in and make a lot of phone calls. It was more or less an inside sales position. Our objective was to get as many leads as we could acquire. The most important thing I learned there was being able to call into any company and get to whoever I wanted. I can call whoever I want now and get in touch with that person. There were two bosses at this company. The main Boss was a really good guy and tried to help but he was always gone. The second Boss would try to run you to the ground. He tried to manage with fear. It wasn't the best management.
Pros
Being able to call whoever I want in the world and get in touch with them.
Cons
Bad Management.
Not that great.
Customer Service and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMarch 28, 2016
This job has the potential for decent pay, it is incredibly demanding and competitive and inconsistent. It is difficult to get the hours that pay out the most revenue.
Had potential but was gone
agent (Former Employee) –  NCMarch 23, 2016
I was told by a friend of mine that she works for LiveOps, works her own schedule, and never any pressure. That's not what happened to me...If you sign on at first to a program, you truly have no one to talk to or chat with until you get past the red tape....I chose a payroll system, which I thought would be fine...Had developed them over the years and thought "Cool"...No, wasn't cool...It was a disaster from day one...The client that LiveOps had never told us agents anything..Everything was wrong, from the online app not working, to being told bogus info to phone systems not working and full of static...I could go on the client website and see extensions were given to submit time, but as agents, and reading scripts and checking out the docs at LiveOps, it was not coinciding at all. We were told nothing except to be monkeys and say "Please try again"...That was unacceptable...and told me that the client was not working with LiveOps and as agents, we were the fallout folks getting all the angry calls, with nothing solid to say...It was horrific to say the least.

I obviously signed up for the wrong program to start with, but when you first go to LiveOps, you only have so many programs you can get into initially. And have no clue you are obligated to things unless you read the fine print. I was only trying to get where my friends were, working when they wanted and nothing more..I didn't get that...Suddenly obligated to 80 commits and pre-scheduling and told I had to do this for 3 months before ever getting to where my friends were...I do not need to work fulltime, never
  more... wanted it...only to handle overflow calls...

Came on board and spent 2 weeks in training...ok, no problem...but 2 weeks and expense to get 2nd phone line and new phone with headsets, and all I make is peanuts? Or you can work your butt off and be so full of irate callers when their payroll is all wrong, and make money but you are so worn out is it even worth it? Honestly, I think some agents do fine with LiveOps..and others just got fished in and stuck with something bad.
Pros
some flexibility
Cons
client not giving Live Ops right answers;ratings not based on true phone calls and helping clients
A good company to work for
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CA 94401March 12, 2016
I have been an independent agent with LiveOps for over 8 years. The company is always flexing and developing new ideas and ways to improve it's relationship with their agents. There is a variety of clients from which to choose. The training is self paced through online modules and ending with a live instructor and practice calls. If you are working for a single client (a dedicated line) you get to know your team mates and they have always been a pleasure to work with.

2.9