LiveOps Employee Reviews

Your are in charge on your hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 9, 2015
Working this job was what you signed up for, you make your hours once you finish you are done for the day. I wanted to be more in contact with people so I lost interest.
Pros
Great being able to schedule your own hours
Cons
Rude customers
Dont care for the change
Customer Service Virtual Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Redwood, CaAugust 5, 2015
I don't care for the company as much I use too. Not as many clients as before all the changing with the new CEO. So this is how I feel about the company
Extremely productive with all necessary software tools.
Registration Agent (Former Employee) –  Palto Alto CAJuly 22, 2015
Interact with Patience, very fulfilling and fun. Very necessary for patience to have the Humira discount card to be able to afford the prescription. Also, needing guidance to navigate what process to follow in order to acquire the card. And, of course, offer additional services that patience may need (Sharps Container, Travel Kits, DVD instructions to use the Pen and Syringe) that come with prescription.
Pros
Bonus Incentives
Cons
Un fair feedback on phone performance.
CSR
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 21, 2015
Its self employment
so on a typical day I make out my own schedule
While working I speak with different customers
most of them are calling to actually order a product
My job is to read the script and place the order correctly
Licensed Insurance Agent
Lic Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  CharlotteJuly 16, 2015
First off, some of the glowing reviews on here are very dubious. The recent one that states "pay and benefits are good".......there are no benefits provided, this is 1099, even the training and/or certifications are unpaid. Secondly, you are only paid while during a call. No call, no pay, licensed agent or not. The same review says "there are always overtime hours to be covered". You are not permitted but so many 30-minute segments per week, usually 80s segment once you show you are dependable. There is no push or requirement to take on more than you want to work. The REAL problem is that for licensed agents, there are too few hours to go around. I call that the "opposite of what was stated" problem. The hours are posted twice a week and poof, they are snapped up literally within seconds. Only the weekend shifts, when calls are sparse, go begging.

Check the reviews on glassdoor for more reliable feedback.
Pros
Flex schedule when you can get one.
Cons
Must sink or swim, no live help available except by chat.
Hard place to work if you don't like being locked in with people waiting on court dates
Virtual Independent Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHJuly 5, 2015
This job was challenging, but pay and benefits were good. But no flexibility for family and outside things. There was always overtime hours to be covered. There were always people working 16 hour days and sometimes that could be a concern.
Customer Service
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, IN from homeJuly 1, 2015
Choose when I begin my calls the day before, I answer customer's questions about products they may want to buy. Iove working for this company because you get to make your own schedule and I can work whenever I choose. This is a great work at home job because you get to talk to people from all over the world. My job consists of taking orders for a restaurant, sending out pamphlets and also data entry. It's great!
Pros
Meeting new people from all over the world
Cons
Sometimes getting angry customers and resolving their issues can be challenging
Work from home Call Center.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJune 29, 2015
Best thing about the job is that you work from home, no transportation expense. You get to set your own hours and work as many hours as you like any time any shift and very flexible.Duties were taking calls from customers ordering products from infomercials.
Pros
Chance to speak to people from all around the country
Cons
FCC regulated so there were alot of rules and regulations.
This job was ok, it is not the money that I am wanting to make at this time
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GAJune 14, 2015
I really did not like how they trained and I did not see where I could advance in no way, and it wasn't a way that you could talk to a manager when you needed one.
Pros
working from home is always good
Cons
the pay is cents per min.
independent agent
Independent agent (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 11, 2015
customer service calls, life insurance, dental insurance sales, auto claims, inquiries, conference calls. data entry. pick your own flexible time. sometimes the talk time is good and others it isn't good. talk time is how you get paid.
I love customers
Customer sales agent (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 9, 2015
Every job I've had in Customer Service, I loved. I love talking to people and problem solving. Customer Service and being a Tech Agent is a great field for me.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Cons
Great company to gain experience from.
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
I have enjoyed working with LiveOps, However bills and upcoming college student requires more. Call volume has dropped which means less money. The ability to work on my own is a big plus. No supervision is needed.
Pros
Able to work for home
Cons
N/A
Customer service, inbound sales, work from home convenience
Agent (Current Employee) –  OnlineMay 17, 2015
I am an inbound sales Agent at LiveOps. I log in, put on my head set, and open the phone panel, making my line ready to take phone calls. I do not get paid for my time logged in: I get paid for talk time.
Customers call in from all over the world to order products or obtain information about a program or service they previously saw on a television ad. When a call comes in, a script automatically appears providing myself the awareness of what the caller has called in reference to. Everything I need to know is right in front of me, giving me the confidence to inform each caller the proper information they request.
Sometimes caller do get aggravated due to the call taking longer than they had intended. I attentively keep thanking them for their time and patience throughout the conversation. The most enjoyable part is getting to speak with people from all over the world; Alaska, Texas, Canada etc... I especially love all the different accents.
Although I am very good at customer service and have many years experience in that field, I truly enjoy writing and painting.
Pros
Convenient Schedule, work from home
Cons
Not guaranteed your line to ring and the preferred amount of talk time per login session.
Great place to work for yourself
Customer Serivce Rep (Current Employee) –  VAApril 25, 2015
I've worked for LiveOps since 2012. It gives me the ability to earn additional income at my own leisure and from the comfort of my home. As an independent contractor, you create your own schedule and you have the ability to make as much or as little as you want. You can answer inbound calls from infomercials, take calls for Proflowers order, Allstate FNOL calls, Pizza Hut calls, and more. If taking infomercial calls, you are required to up-sell additional products on the call and you must abide by the script provided. If you are good at sales, you would be a good fit as the incentives to sell the additional products is additional money on top of the base pay of per minute talk time. Per minute talk time can vary anywhere from $0.22-$0.25, but you get paid ONLY when you talk. I myself do not like to push callers so I talk calls for a line that only gathers information from callers, and for the pizza hut calls.
Pros
Schedule my own hours
Cons
pay is not enough to make as full time job
work form home
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  work form homeApril 6, 2015
There is always something to do. That is the best part of the job because the day goes by so fast that before you know it time to go go home. Always learning new things on the job. Co workers here are very nice.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
they dont play if you have to call out for a real emergency have to bring proof of the emergency.
Great work for full-time Students
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 27, 2015
As an independent contractor for Live Ops, contractors work from home. Time management skills are vital. Working for the company, contractors educate customers on a variety of different products and even handled sensitive payment information; suggest complementary products; make address changes and explained customer billing when necessary. At Live Ops, you can work for various companies including, Allstate, Pizza Hut, Telebrand, Beach Body and a host of other companies.
Pros
Create your own schedule with a 24-hour window, 30 minutes blocks, schedule your own breaks, work only when you want to work.
Cons
Phone calls are monitored, upselling is a must, contractors can lose rating
Great when you're stuck at home
Pizza Hutt Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 16, 2015
Liveops can be good for those with kids, don't have a car or just enjoy staying at home. The hardest part is the script, if you don't say everything verbatim you get strikes, notes and complaints that can cause you to lose your job. People can be very mean if you sound just a little unsure make sure you're confident or else they will call you out.
Pros
make your own schedule, work from home
Cons
everything else
Independent Contractor Insurance Sales
Independent Contractor Insurance Sales (Current Employee) –  central IllinoisMarch 12, 2015
I have been an independent contractor with Live-ops for about a month.

As a former HR Director, I found their hiring process very unusual. During the entire process, I never once spoke to a live human being.
I responded to emails and went through a phone interview/audition that was completely automated.

Once hired, there is very little opportunity to interact with a live person. Most of the training is completely on-line with only one session conducted via teleconference with a live human. If you need a lot of hand-holding or crave a lot of feedback, look elsewhere.

I am doing this work to keep busy and supplement my spouse's more than adequate income. In other words, I'm not in this for the money. I think it would be very difficult to make a living do this. Some hours I earn $25 or more; others I earn less than $10. And, as a new agent it is nearly impossible to get 40 hours of work in a week unless you want to work some on Saturdays and Sundays.

I enjoy the freedom to pick my own hours and log in while unshaven and wearing my sweats. I get to put my kids on the bus every morning and am home when they get home from school. I watch shows on Netflix in between calls.

The work is easy. I am a good salesperson but HATE cold-calling. All these calls are in-bound which means they already have an interest in your product. All you have to do is explain it intelligently and try to find them a coverage amount that they can afford. Most of the callers are older and very friendly. Sure, there are some a-holes, but where can you work where you aren't having to deal with that?

This
  more... is the ideal opportunity for someone who values flexibility way more than a big paycheck, someone who is self-motivated and doesn't need a lot of managerial guidance or coaching, someone who can multi-task and is reasonably computer-savvy, and someone who enjoys talking to other people. You must also be responsible and conscientious enough to handle being an independent contractor (maintain good records, pay quarterly taxes, find your own insurance/benefits, etc.)  less
Pros
flexibility, freedom to choose your own hours
Cons
you won't get rich, minimal opportunity to interact with liveops staff
productive working from home
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  milan, tnFebruary 26, 2015
My work day consist of being a Customer Service Representative from the comfort of my own home. I sell products from infomercials. i have learned that some people are difficult to talk to and deal with but i have to keep positive with them no matter what. The best part about my job is talking to people from all over the United States and almost having the privilage of working at home.
A good company to work with
Independent Contractor / DR Outbound/Inbound (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2015
My day working as an Independent Contractor was wonderful!
Being able to start or stop at any given time of day, could not have been better. That was a different change of life, not having to race across town. Now, management for this company could really make some improvements. Being a Independent Contractor for this company and managements didn't meet hand in hand. Co-workers, cool, I had no problem with management, they just need more organization among them as a whole.
Really there was nothing hard about the job! and the most enjoyable part about this job was meeting and engaging with the customer, Sometimes there might be a Irate customer, but upon talking with them sometimes the customer ends up very friendly, and satisified with the resolution.
Pros
good experience! received good performance ratings*
Cons
was not given an opportunity to sign another contract, said i breached one contract. which i never received a contract to sign, again by them.