Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Very insecure work environment. Nobody feels as if they will last there..
Special Education Bilingual Aide Teacher (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 22, 2015
Like any school district you find fun people to work with and others that make you wonder why they chose this field. Overall, most people I worked with were kind and helpful. However, district politics get in the way of job efficiency and security. Almost everyone I talked to worried about loosing their job at the end of the school year.
Pros
easy access
Cons
no job security, no benefits for pt. jobs, no equal pay, no very happy staff!
I don't do it for the money
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Working with kids/students is a lot of fun, though challenging. My days are never with a dull moment, and that's what I love the most. Being busy and fully engrossed in the students work, activities and sometimes lives is rewarding. I can always count on a good laugh with my peers about the rough days because we know what it takes to keep the classroom going strong and steady. I couldn't ask for better superiors. They are all willing to help me and work as a cohesive team that I have grown to enjoy greatly. Learning something new is a daily deal-- from teachers and students alike.
Pros
holidays, teacher work days
Cons
not 40 hours a week.
Great Place
Special Education Aide (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 10, 2012
Great place, great people, great pay, great benefits. Budget cuts are a reality though.
Productive, Fun, and Lively
Special Education Aide (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 15, 2013
I love working for the Livermore School District. The Special Needs kids I take care of are so awesome I have grown to love them as my own. The teacher I work under and my fellow Co-workers have bonded and have taught me so much about these kids. A typical day would be bringing the children in from the drop off, taking them potty, working in a station with them until circle time. The stations consist of matching, sorting, counting, etc. depending on the child's learning needs20 minutes for circle them back to a station them the kids have recess. After recess its snack time, potty time again and book time. after book it is back to a stations circle time station then lunch time. We watch the children eat and teach them to ask for a certain action like "Open please," or "Help Please." After lunch its potty time, imaginary play time, then recess. After recess we do arts and crafts take the kids potty and have a good bye circle and proceed to get the kids ready to go home.

The class is very structured teaching the kids how to sit and when to stand and when it is time to play etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing one of the kids say something that you have taught them. It brings joy and satisfaction and makes you feel proud.
Pros
the office always puts together a staff appreciation day every month.
I loved working with the children and especially the children with Autisum
Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  School sites and home environmentsFebruary 21, 2012
I enjoyed the impact I had on the lives with those I worked with.
Wonderful opportunity to work with disabled students
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 13, 2012
I love working here! The students are very respectful and appreciative of our help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4