LIVHOME

LIVHOME Employer Reviews

Learning experience
Live in Caregiver (Former Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: 24 hour live in monday throught friday
Nice place to work, good communications, benefits. Site managers are hard to come bye clients home for visit. I guess from shortage.
Well organized company
IT HELPDESK ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: not much social activities
Cons: nice bonuses
Stable, well organized company. High-end technology. People are happy with the services that LivHOME provides.
E
Caregiver (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: amazing staff, i mean just amazing, everyone is so nice and understanding and flexible, staffers truly are great
Cons: no cons..i really can't complain
A typical day was arriving at patient's home
-bathing
-dressing
-medication reminder
-running errands
-doctors appointments
-companion
great place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: eating with clinets
A typical day would be feeding my clinets, bathing providing excellent companaship. I've learned elderly people are really sweet and loveable people. The management team were awesome. My co workers werr excellent. It wasnt nothing hard about the job. Making sure to put a smile on my clinets faces.
Organized and structured company
Personal Attendant / Caregiver (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 29, 2013
Pros: benefits, training, growth
Cons: working partime when i need fulltime
They absolutely care about their clients and employees. Any emergency there is always someone on call. They return your calls ASAP.
A wonderful indsutry to be a part of and the company had provided great opportunities.
Elder Care Consultant (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAApril 2, 2013
Pros: i had lots of autonomy, i was able to be creative and innovative, i had support from all management levels of the organization.
Cons: the last year was extremely challenging due to a interim management change, i wanted to career change after 8 years.
I worked for LivHOME for over 8 years. It was a fantastic job and I had many career and financial advancements. I received a tremendous amount of sales training and was outside sales during my duration of employmentI also did exploratory visits for the company, assisted with training and company projects. I also assisted in expanding new territories.
fill the demand for elderly people that are unable to care for themselves
Caregiver (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: the caretakers are great people with patience and caring attitudes
Cons: the company has been running for some time now but have yet to get all the kinks out.
If you love people then you will love this job. I am a caretaker for elderly people that require some assistance with their activities of daily living. These clients and thier families wish to have the clients live at home.

Care managers are supposed to follow up with clients and the care takers to assume the best care plan for the client. I don't – more... see that this happens very often but maybe I haven't been here long enough. The care plan folders are never updated and the care plans often are not as well.

I have unknowningly taken on a "per diem" shift. Per diem shifts are difficult if you require an on-going shift with steady pay. I have found it frustrating not having given enough hours and then when they sparatically call you to "fill in" a position its as if you were suppose to wait all day for them to call you to work. Honestly, this is my first per diem shift so maybe I didn't get the clear picture of what that entailed. However it seems as though they do not carry enough clients that are within the time frames that I have left myself open to work (7am-5pm, Tues-Fri, weekends open). It seems as though the right amount of care takers were hired for the amount of shifts they have available before I was hired on, so now it seems as though I am just their back up.

They're only a few departments within the company I would think they all would communicate a little better to have this company run like a well oiled machine. As a caretaker I am taking on the full responsibility for this client, the face of the company livhome and my duties to this client. In my experience the recruitment department, the staffing coordinators and the care managers all fall short of supplying me with the information that would be helpful prior to taking quality care for my clients. So it is often that we as caretakers share our notes with one another to make sure the client is getting the care they need. – less
This is a decent job
Caregiver (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILFebruary 6, 2013
This was a pretty decent job. Very one on one with client(s). Job security can be fluctual, may only be as needed from one client to the next. Bad thing is you do not get the know hardly any staff who work in the office because you are working at clients home.
n/a
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Assisting client with ADL, hardest part is when they past, most enjoyable is working along side them and being there when they need you as friend as well as an companion
perfect teamwork, professional management
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Newport BeachJuly 28, 2012
it's a place that gives the employees to feel free to ask and the teamwork and management is excellent,
in change of shifts the CNAs communicate in a perfect way and it's all about the pt. and their safety.
I love working as a nurse or cna, so I believe there is not any HARD part in my job if you do it with all your heart.
and we have parties (that – more... we call learning parties) in the office which means we get some extra hours learning about a specific topic while we are eating lunch... which is really helpful and enjoyable.
since I got my license in vocational nursing and this company is a non medical company, I should find me another job to be able to use my degree. – less
Productive and relaxing as a live-in caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2012
Pros: free meals and learning all ethnical foods traveling abroad
Cons: sometimes the 24 hrs wanted to go home for me-time
Assisting resident with everyday activities
Grooming, feeding, traveling to grocery store and appointments
I learned how to have more patience
Management was very helpful and understanding
The hardest part of the job is my compassion for my resident and watching them progressively dying
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing such an amazing women – more... and her family in which I am still friends with even though she is gone. – less
Good sales and marketing training
Eldercare Consultant (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAMarch 26, 2012
Pros: key areas of expertise include, presenting to senior management, creating lasting relationships with customers, and educating user groups. maintain deadlines, budgets, business records, programs and account journals.
Cons: 90% outside sales and marketing
Demonstrate abilities in market research, and product positioning. Key areas of expertise include: presenting to senior management, creating lasting relationships with customers, and educating user groups. Maintain deadlines, budgets, business records, programs and account journals.
They have great team work
Santa Barbra (Current Employee), Live-IN CareGiverNovember 1, 2011
The company has great team leader ship its fun working with the staff members they help you out on whatever you need.