LIVHOME Employee Reviews

Nice wotk place. Get along with client very well
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 1, 2015
The office is in contact with me weeklt to conferm shifts and check up on me to make everything is going smoothly. ommunication is very important.
Pros
Great work place
Overall great place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 2, 2015
Higher management was great. Multiple offices but the one I was at the ED was very helpful and understanding. Fellow co-workers were great to work with. Downside is having to work outside of the normal 9 to 5.
Cons
On-Call
An Excellent opportunity to meet and help people.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 26, 2015
I walked through my clients' door every morning/evening with a smile and a upbeat attitude. Assisted clients with their daily living activities. I quickly learned that I had to be willing to adjust to changes/new developments on a daily basis. On rare occasions, I would meet another care giver concerning new developments and management via telephone conversations but most of my interactions/ conversations were with my clients. The hardest part of my job was watching a terminally ill client die but you learn to push the feeling of helplessness aside because the priority is to be there for them and make them as comfortable as possible while he/she goes through their transition. In hindsight, that becomes the most enjoyable part of the job. Knowing that you could be there to help, to comfort, encourage them with a smile and and upbeat attitude, share in the childhood memories and form an indescribable bond with your client, their friends and love ones -- is absolutely priceless.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner
Cons
Health/dental plans
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 2, 2015
LivHOME is a good company to work for. Staff and management are very supportive. They offer a lot of learning opportunities. The hardest part of the job is when your client passes away. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to meet and help elderly people.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Benifits could be better.
fun workplace
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 24, 2015
most enjoyable would be the clients and employee incentives that the company offers along with training.
i have learned to deal with the different personalities of my clients and their family members
Save work plave
HHA (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 22, 2015
i work at this company for a yeah and have had two different client . the first was full time 8 hours a day four day a week. and the second only 5 hour hours a day 3 days a week with changes that occur with starting time every day . last minutes notification about the time and days changes and no holiday pay or vacation pay.
Pros
free Christmas parties
Cons
not enough hours and lack of stady schedule
Professionally Lead Company
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 14, 2015
As a care manager with LivHome every day can be different from the last. Whether its putting together care plans and clinical notes, to home visits with clients and staff, to doctors visits, and family meetings.

Every day came with new challenges and rewards, always in a situation to help others, problem solve, and do your best.

Colleagues were always supportive and encouraging, working as a team with similar goals and outcomes.

Very supportive management, wanting employees to succeed, gain knowledge, and be in a comfortable, happy roe.
it was good while it lasted
Caregiver/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 16, 2015
You have to pretend to be "friends" with the office managers in order to get any assignments otherwise your left with nothing at all.
besides that I got to work with wonderful clients!
nice place to work
Companion Home Heath Aide (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 28, 2014
Staff was very compassion with clients and workers

co-workers was compassionate with clients worked well together

clients where taken well care of
Pros
lived in/ client and family provied food and room of my own to sleep in
Cons
no health insurance
Great owner, but no growth or good pay
PA MA (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 16, 2014
The owner is great as a person.But, they are willing to try and make their employees work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. That is no exaggeration. They get bothered when you would like to spend time with your family and have a day off or two. They have 24 hour shifts and take full advantage of them and you. The pay is not great. If, you ask for a rais after a year, they will give you a small rais for the one client then send you to other clients at the same pay you were getting before with out informing of doing so.
Pros
can get over time when ever you would like
Cons
exspect you to do over time all of the time
productive work place great employees
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 14, 2014
A typical work day at work was caring for the elderly I learned a lot especially dealing with elder adults with some type of disability I now understand that not all of them a mean and uneasy I realize that some of them have issue that they cant control. The hardest part of my job was seeing some of the coworkers take advantage of them by stealing from them or using them. The most enjoyable part about the job was having the conversation with them about there past.
Pros
rewarded for work skills
Cons
not being able to take breaks due to use not being able to leave the clients
Productive enviroment great company to work for.
Caregiver/ Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 13, 2014
I enjoyed caring for the elderly in their homes. I enjoyed helping people.
good company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  riverside, caJune 24, 2014
very flexible schedules, nice patients to work with, excellent stepping stone for the medical feild
Typical Day at Work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 20, 2014
A typical day at work includes helping client get ready in the morning. Assisting my client with ADLs is sometimes needed by client. Mostly being a companion for the client. Knowing that im making a difference makes my job enjoyable.
Learning experience
Live in Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Nice place to work, good communications, benefits. Site managers are hard to come bye clients home for visit. I guess from shortage.
Pros
free food
Cons
24 hour live in monday throught friday
Well organized company
IT HELPDESK ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2013
Stable, well organized company. High-end technology. People are happy with the services that LivHOME provides.
Pros
not much social activities
Cons
nice bonuses
E
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 16, 2013
A typical day was arriving at patient's home
-bathing
-dressing
-medication reminder
-running errands
-doctors appointments
-companion
Pros
amazing staff, i mean just amazing, everyone is so nice and understanding and flexible, staffers truly are great
Cons
no cons..i really can't complain
great place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2013
A typical day would be feeding my clinets, bathing providing excellent companaship. I've learned elderly people are really sweet and loveable people. The management team were awesome. My co workers werr excellent. It wasnt nothing hard about the job. Making sure to put a smile on my clinets faces.
Pros
eating with clinets
Organized and structured company
Personal Attendant / Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 29, 2013
They absolutely care about their clients and employees. Any emergency there is always someone on call. They return your calls ASAP.
Pros
benefits, training, growth
Cons
working partime when i need fulltime
A wonderful indsutry to be a part of and the company had provided great opportunities.
Elder Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 2, 2013
I worked for LivHOME for over 8 years. It was a fantastic job and I had many career and financial advancements. I received a tremendous amount of sales training and was outside sales during my duration of employmentI also did exploratory visits for the company, assisted with training and company projects. I also assisted in expanding new territories.
Pros
i had lots of autonomy, i was able to be creative and innovative, i had support from all management levels of the organization.
Cons
the last year was extremely challenging due to a interim management change, i wanted to career change after 8 years.