Living Innovations Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, MEMay 15, 2017
I very much enjoy working at Living Innovations. Love what the company does and it truly does serve its clients well. Seems to have limited advancement in my skill set.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
Limited advancement.
awesome
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Belfast, MEApril 26, 2017
Great place to work. Love everything about it. The people are super nice and caring. And the clients are super respectful and willing to do aythingfun,
Positive
Home Provider (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 22, 2017
A typical day was assisting the client I lived with, who has an intellectual disability get ready for the day. I also assisted with making meals and bringing them places they needed to be, including day programs and appointments.
Clients
dsp (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 13, 2017
These jobs are really all about you and the relationship that you build with your client. this company was great and I always love working with adults who have developmental disabilities.
Not a place you want to work.
DSP (Direct Support Professional)/BHP (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEApril 2, 2017
I was a DSP at the Saco day program. Direct supervisors were unqualified and immature. If the supervisors of the Saco day program spent as much time doing their job as they did going out to lunch and being buddies they might have more success.
Pros
You work with great clients
Cons
Management is weak
Flexible hours
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  WarwickMarch 19, 2017
Management is a nightmare and very unprofessional. They promise you more hours then they can give you. As well as putting you in unsafe circumstances. The job itself is wonderful and very worthy.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, vacation time
Cons
Low pay, benefits, management
Love helping others
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 31, 2017
There isn't a better feeling than helping someone who needs it. I'm glad I get to help people achieve the goals they have set. The feeling you get is amazing.
Pros
Helping others
I enjoyed my time working for this organization because I love to help others.
Mentor of RI (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RI 02886January 15, 2017
Assisted persons with mental and physical disabilities with their daily needed care such as: Assist with showering, administering of medications, preparing meals. Assisted with transporting to pertinent appointments. Also, supported clients who participated in the Special Olympic activities. I personally didn't find a hard parts of this job that bothered me. My most enjoyable part of this job is just having a supernatural caring spirit to care for others.
Pros
I worked as a self-contractor and served in a as needed compacity.
Cons
I didn't have any other benefits, such as vacation time or healthcare.
Good people to work with, family oriented, great experience.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Machias, MENovember 10, 2016
Really enjoyed working with the clients and doing group activities with both clients and staff. Fun company to work for. Decent, flexible hours.
Pros
Paid mileage, higher starting pay
Cons
Micromanaged
Living Innovations is a great company to work for.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Belfast, MENovember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at Living innovations. Everyone treated me with respect. they were a great group to work with. We had opportunity to work with individuals with a wide range of disability and challenge.
Pros
Corporately there was lots of oportunity to learn
Great People
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHNovember 7, 2016
The Management is wonderful and so are the clients. I loved working for this great company! They do some amazing things with clients. You have a lot of say in the clients programs and you get great feedback from the CLCs. I would go back in a second but need to stay home with my sick mom. They really work as a team and communicate very we
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
A little more money
Fun co-workers
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 18, 2016
Helped assist individuals seek employment which was most rewarding within the company and strive toward their everyday goals.
Company used online scheduling which was a plus.
Pros
Monthly meetings
Cons
Benefits costly
Rewarding position with flexible hours
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHAugust 14, 2016
When I started in 2014, management was incredible. Everyone worked as a team and truly cared for the people we served. As time passed, the management started changing and there werent many connections between staff and management. Providing support for individuals with disabilities was one of the most rewarding jobs.
employee friendly
LNA (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 6, 2016
company works very well with employee needs as well as clients needs and tries very hard at keeping everyone happy.Quick to respond to client needs
Pros
always quick to answer clients needs
Cons
no paid vacations
Poor Management, Poor Compensation
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHFebruary 9, 2016
Management is very poor at this company, the Derry Office is limited to 3 coordinators and 2 of them have worked there less than 1 year. Very unapproachable management. Staff tend to work short periods for this company before moving on to better opportunities, no one seems to last long. Client rights are very big but employees do not have human rights. Worked there over 2 years with no review or raise. you make $10.00/hr to start and that is where you stay. Benefits are very very expensive at times more than you will make in weekly pay. Loved the clients dearly. Everyone of the clients served were wonderful people and you could learn a lot from them
Pros
Love for clients, they are wonderful loving people
Cons
When you sign onto employment, you sign over all of your human rights - no job security, no pay increases
Team focused environment, challenging yet rewarding.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Derry, NHDecember 7, 2015
As a recent college graduate who studied Psychology, it is always fulfilling to help others. In stating this, my role as a Direct Support Professional gave me great gratitude when a goal was reached. This job in some cases has it's challenges, the the outcome is always worth it. The management, staff, and clients all have a very open and understanding relationship which makes the workplace more comfortable.
Great Company
BHP/DSP (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 7, 2015
I loved working for Living Innovations. I would work there again if I ever found myself living in the North East! They paid me for my training and had flexible hours and a great support staff.
Pros
Flexible hours, nice people and felt like they wanted me to stay.
Cons
traveling in the snow to various clients.
Favorite
Office Adminstative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 25, 2015
This is one of my favorite jobs.
The environment is well worth working in.
The co-workers are all friendly.
I like working with the clients when I get the chance.
Pros
The environment
Cons
the hours given
great place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 28, 2015
They are a great place to work but it can be dificult to get a lot of hours. They are a wonderful company though. They are a lot of fun to work with and very easygoing.
Personal Care Service Provider
Personal Care Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 23, 2015
I really enjoy helping people with their day to day lives. I assist them with personal care and light housekeeping. The best part of the day is when I get a big smile and a big thank you from our clients. I know that I have helped them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Living Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9