Living Resources Employee Reviews

good job but diffent management
Residental House Manger (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 31, 2015
your personal life is there main concern not your productivity in the consumers life so be aware of this if you are a male not
A vital community resource staffed by caring individuals
Registered Professional Nurse-Case Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: extremely friendly and supportive work environment
Cons: sometimes overwhelming paper work, esp with new and recerts
The mission and the work of LR was to serve the mentally challenged population living independently in the community. I was blessed with the opportunity to visit consumers in their home one to five times per week to manage care and preserve dignity of ADLs.

I saw anywhere from 3 to 8 patients a day depending on complexity.

Everyone working there was committed to the mission.

The hardest part of the job was insuring quality time while being proficient and efficient.

The most enjoyable part was assisting in the discharging of people who had gained independence and were not in need of services at all or as much.
Good agency but loss it's view
Residential (Current Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: coworkers. consumers.
Cons: low pay. no raises. no bonuses. little appreciation.
I have worked here form many years, both day hab and residential. Love it! Building skills, encouraging independence, helping others. However, the agency has seemed to lose its view. The people in the office don't seem to have a clue what goes on day to day out in the "real world". Kind of sad. But still, the consumers and coworkers are what keeps me ticking. Too many people at the top and not enough workers.
Very relaxed residential setting, with extensive one on one client focus
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: gratifying experience, assisting individuals with traumatic brain injuries, and developmental disabilities achieve lifes everyday challenges
Cons: not enough pay, poor management
A typical day with living resources would be, preparing clients for the start of their day, breakfast, prep for their day at the center. at the return of the day its dinner and baths then some quality time maybe movies or a walk..I've learned that you should never underestimate the abilities of one person. the mentally challenged are just that.." The More You Challenge their minds, the more mentally aware they become, I enjoy being a part in their new found awareness of the world around them. My coworkers are the best, all team players with respect for one another. Honestly there is no hard part to my job, I enjoy it, its very rewarding. Management could be better, with more staff communication and incentives..
Doing work that matters.
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Rensselaer, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: the people i get to know.
Cons: not enough time or money to make a difference in lives.
I would have to say that there is no typical day of work. Everyday there are new challenges and new things to be excited about. I learn something new everyday and everyday I am grateful to have had the chance to work with my fellow co-workers and the people that we care for. The hardest part of my job is not being able to do enough for the residents.
best job i have ever had!!!!
direct service professinal (Current Employee), malta nyMay 6, 2014
great place to work if you in school or part time!! friendly environment to work. flexible shifts and offers above average medical plan.
productive
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 2, 2014
Pros: had its ups and downs
Cons: hours pay
Helping clients with daily tasks

I learned about the clients I worked with

didn't work with others just clients
customer service is a must
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 24, 2014
I'm a home health aide for living resources and travel to different homes during the day.
very productive
Day Opportunity Program Specialist (Current Employee), Malta, NYDecember 18, 2013
Fast pacing environment.
I have learned to be more productive and more confident when working with people with disabilities.
Assist consumer participants to achieve his or her maximum growth through community based activities.
• Provide direct assessment training, assistance, and guidance in all areas of physical, intellectual, emotional and social development in accordance to consumer daily plans.
• Facilitate communication regarding participant needs, counseling strategies, service, progress and other information as needed
• Responsible for prioritizing responsibilities and making judgment calls for consumer participants.
A good learning experience for a first job.
Temporary QIDP (Current Employee), Malta, NYDecember 2, 2013
I thoroughly enjoy working at Living Resources. I have learned a lot about professional demeanor, and have been able to incorporate my own personal interests and strengths into my work to enrich the lives of others. I have learned a lot from the people I work with as well.
review
Residential Instructor (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 26, 2013
Great place to work. Alot of hours. Great employee benefits.
Direct Care Staff
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 12, 2013
Pros: to work with the consumers
Cons: the pay was to low. for all we did.
To see indiviual with disablities go to work, have a normal home life. Tranport the to different activities to have fun. It was a memorable job.
Meaningful culture
County Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 8, 2013
Pros: flex days, good amount of sick and vacation time, hra, benefits
Cons: low-average salary
I always felt good about going to work knowing I was helping to improve the lives of those with special needs. I learned excellent communication skills, understood HR procedures, and that organization is the key to a less stressful work day, just to name a few. The work environment was professional but also fun. Everyone in my program was close knit and we tried to get together outside of work for a little team building, which really worked. Just like any other job you have good and bad days but the good outweighed the bad by far.
fun place to work
Disabilities Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 5, 2013
its a good place to work you get to travle and help people who need help
Review of Living resources
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 6, 2013
Pros: benefits, great boss, fun job all around.
Cons: pay rate, little communication with the office (human resources)
I really enjoy working for Living resources and am at a great location. I have learned a lot from my manager and my coworkers and I work extremely well as a team.
Habilitation Specialist Aide (Former Employee), Albany, nyJanuary 7, 2013
I was foutunate enough to still keep my job when my great uncle passed away , on my first day on the job. he went into cardiac arrest as I left to start my first shift of training. I was one of his care takers.
Good place for good people to work for the disabled
Residential Instructor (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 12, 2012
Pros: good benifit such as insurance or bacation
Cons: short income
Good place for people to take care of the people with disabilities.
If you'd like to enjoy to work with the people having a little handicapes, this company is the wonderful choice for you.
However, some staff is not professional and work together like other agencies. In addition, benefit is good but wage is short.
Depending on section, there are lots of shifts or schedules.
Maintained Houses for the disabled
Painter (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 14, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: no raises, bad pay
Easy work and good hours but no chance for advanement,
Used there trucks after you got to shop
Had to go out in snow storms to plow
Plenty of residential hours through out Albany County
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Albany, NYAugust 23, 2012
I work at a house consisting of 4 individuals with developmental disabilities. I come in on a shift change, where the controlled medications are accounted for and documented. I have a co-worker during my shift as well. We divide up the cooking, cleaning, and med pours. Often there are certain activities during certain days of the week that the individuals participate in, mostly community based.
Good job for transitional time but not long term
Resident Instructor (Current Employee), Albany, NYAugust 19, 2012
Pros: good learning experience
Cons: mandation and pay
Consumers are treated well and it is generally a fun environment with a variety of medical conditions. No advancement or pay raises and being mandated is a constant issue.