Living Resources Employee Reviews

Professional workplace with nice staff
Day Community Opportunity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed learning from the clients and staff and management team.
The work was fun, and creative and challenging as well. Overall a nice place to work.
Pros
professional staff, got into the community with clients
Cons
felt a little unsafe as a passenger with other drivers
fun workplace
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 7, 2018
working there for 1 year now and i love it...funwork place some of of the staff are really nice....teamwork and can talk to the manager about anything they work with u
Sleezy Upper Management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 20, 2017
Upper management goes out of their way to cut corners and inhibit direct care staff in order to save a few dollars- clearly at the expense of their clients quality of life. CEO then writes himself a sizable bonus check.
would be a wonderful place to work if they recognized the work of the employees
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 17, 2017
The job is very rewarding you become family with your clients and always want the best of course keeping them productive and safe in the community, unfortunately incentives are rarely appreciation for the care that the employees give to the clients is frequently overlooked,
Pros
Being able to see the difference you make in a clients life
Cons
No pay, no appreciation, no incentives
Some times the adventures of this field is amazing.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Saratoga County, NYOctober 4, 2017
When I first got hired it was a very caring company, now I feel different about that saying. I appreciate the hard work from my coworkers, but the people that are sitting at a desk 90% of the time are running and ruining residential living.
good place
direct support profesional (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 16, 2017
wonderful place to work would reccomend it to friends it is a chalenging place to work as we work with MR population we need to be sharp on our feet. The schedule is flexable and benifits good
Pros
fun
ok place
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 30, 2017
work here for a few years management sucks it was their word against your they never heard out their employees. always worked under staff. managers didn't help out.
Amazing population of individuals to work with
Community Habilitation Program Manager/QIDP (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 23, 2017
Working with the individuals served each day is amazing! They really show you what it means to work to overcome your struggles. They are strong, confident individuals who prove success!
Great consumers fun job
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 17, 2017
Very much enjoyed consumers I served and the staff I worked with but lack of work ethic amongst management and unfair with disciplinary action with employees
Pros
Great rewarding job
Cons
No breaks
People what you learn, and give. To be able to look back and say they made a difference in my life. We teach we learn in whatever we do.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2017
People life is about people. Young or old it's what you give, For me children a joy,laughter growing. Special needs,leaving them was the hardest. A days work was 6am lets get everyone up washing them changing them dressing the brushing their teeth feeding them off to day program. At 2 they arrive back how was your day to some that can speech and others by touch. We change them and put them down for naps. Cooking for 10 clients and 5 workers was the tough part food has to be cut to pieces that they where evaluated to give. We feed them take them out and place games with those who have some skills. These people taught me I learned how thankful I am to make adifference.
Pros
Rewarding, being able to work with and understand different paths people take but not by choice.
Cons
Was leaving, it wasn't so much they need me it was I needed them.
Great working environment with the opportunity to change someones life.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 26, 2017
A typical day here would consist of picking of the individuals with disabilities and taking them out into the community where they will volunteer, and interact with everyone in positive environments.
It's not the best place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 28, 2017
The Company overall is okay. But my specific location has some difficult people working there. I would like to work in a safe and effective and reliable place.
Pros
Location. No weekends.
Fun
Art Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 9, 2017
This is a nonprofit that works with adults with developmental disabilities. The art studio is a great place to be, and learn from. I enjoyed my time there
Great Work Environment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 26, 2017
Typical day Consist of helping/asisting the individuals with things they need to get acomplished throughout the day. The Indivduals are fun to be around. Requires some patience. Pay isnt all that great.
Great Environment
Veterans Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 23, 2017
Great place to work. My creativity can be expressed elsewhere to assist those in empowering themselves so it may be time to review my options. Otherwise I would remain employed here
Great Place to work. Felt great helping people
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 20, 2017
I had a great time working for Living Resources. I was able to work on a large variety of projects and able to improve many business functions. I was given great responsibilities and enjoyed the fact i was able to help so much.
Great place to work, but not financially rewarding.
Residence Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Living resources values its mission and consumers, but it struggles to show how much it values its employees. There has been a major cut down on employee perks, no raises in quite some time, and bonuses are all but unheard off. Hopefully Living Resources will find a way to secure more funding to better support its employees in the future.
Pros
Caring Culture
Cons
No Raises/ Bonuses
Professional Advocacy Organization, People Oriented Place to work
Director of Service Coordination (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12205September 5, 2016
Diversified organization supporting individuals with a variety of support needs. Promoted creative service provision through programs funded with medicaid funds and private funds.
Great Place to Work!
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 16, 2016
Working so close with residents was the best thing about this job. It made me realize that i wanted to pursue a career in the nursing field. It always had enough staffing. They gave enough training and the hours worked out great for me. The manager i had at the house i worked in was awesome.
Pros
Good pay and being able to touch residents hearts. :)
Cons
None available.
Living Resources
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYJune 15, 2016
It's a decent place to work. Manager are decent, but there are not enough staff to equip time off. Call out procedure is a hassle, and the time between call outs are outrageous especially when you are sick.