Living Resources Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Veterans Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 23, 2017
Great place to work. My creativity can be expressed elsewhere to assist those in empowering themselves so it may be time to review my options. Otherwise I would remain employed here
Great Place to work. Felt great helping people
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 20, 2017
I had a great time working for Living Resources. I was able to work on a large variety of projects and able to improve many business functions. I was given great responsibilities and enjoyed the fact i was able to help so much.
Professional Advocacy Organization, People Oriented Place to work
Director of Service Coordination (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12205September 5, 2016
Diversified organization supporting individuals with a variety of support needs. Promoted creative service provision through programs funded with medicaid funds and private funds.
Great Place to Work!
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 16, 2016
Working so close with residents was the best thing about this job. It made me realize that i wanted to pursue a career in the nursing field. It always had enough staffing. They gave enough training and the hours worked out great for me. The manager i had at the house i worked in was awesome.
Pros
Good pay and being able to touch residents hearts. :)
Cons
None available.
Living Resources
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYJune 15, 2016
It's a decent place to work. Manager are decent, but there are not enough staff to equip time off. Call out procedure is a hassle, and the time between call outs are outrageous especially when you are sick.
10 years in the field
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 13, 2016
The teams of people I've worked with are some of the most caring, hardworking and talented people I've ever met. Our passion is real. We truly pour our hearts out to take care of the beautiful human beings like it's second nature.
Pros
Vacation, sick time, cdphp coverage
Cons
terrible pay, underappreciates their employees except the administration, wealth in agency not distriubted evenly, very infrequent and low raises
Phenomenal workplace environment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 25, 2016
Living Resources is a great job. A typical day a work requires me assisting consumers with daily living. What I learn on a daily basis is that not one individual is the same. It requires much patience. The management/coworkers staff is very helpful and available whenever you need them. In my opinion, the job is not hard because I love helping others. The most enjoyable part of the job is the enjoyment the consumers receive when they know their favorite staff is working that particular day.
Pros
I'm per-diem, I make my own schedule
Cons
N/A
Enjoyable
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 20, 2016
Everyone employed is always willing to help each other out. It is a welcoming environment. Everyone who works there has been there a long time and often times they hire within. They will accommodate peoples needs to make them stay.
Rewarding, but low pay
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 11, 2016
This job can be rewarding at times, but it is not high-paying. There is also not enough staff working at Living Resources, so people are always mandated to stay and work overnights or during shifts that people call out for. Very tough job for very low pay.
Pros
Company pays for you when you take consumers somewhere, rewarding
Cons
low pay, responsibility for constantly watching consumers, not enough staff
Servicing great people.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYMarch 31, 2016
In this job, it is not the employer, but the people you work with that really make this job meaningful. You really are improving and making people day's when you come as you help them tackle every day challenges.
Pros
Free Lunches, Time to do School Work
Cons
Poor pay
Cashier
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Count money
Customer service
Help bagged groceries
Worked front end
Best thing was getting acquainted with the customers that would come in everyday because they was reliable customers
The Most Enjoyable Part of this job
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 4, 2015
What I enjoyed most about this job, was coming in to work and taking care of the individuals with disabilities. This was a great experience for me an i learned a lot from working here.
great place
First-Shift Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 14, 2015
Great Place to work and great co-workers. Great company to work for. Great client and clean place and great training and
Great experience
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 28, 2015
I was able to teach everyday living skills to adults with low function capabilities. Management could of been better, but I was able to work on my own and create Plans. Developing goals and writing summaries of their accomplishments.
good job but diffent management
Residental House Manger (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 31, 2015
your personal life is there main concern not your productivity in the consumers life so be aware of this if you are a male not
A vital community resource staffed by caring individuals
Registered Professional Nurse-Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 25, 2014
The mission and the work of LR was to serve the mentally challenged population living independently in the community. I was blessed with the opportunity to visit consumers in their home one to five times per week to manage care and preserve dignity of ADLs.

I saw anywhere from 3 to 8 patients a day depending on complexity.

Everyone working there was committed to the mission.

The hardest part of the job was insuring quality time while being proficient and efficient.

The most enjoyable part was assisting in the discharging of people who had gained independence and were not in need of services at all or as much.
Pros
Extremely friendly and supportive work environment
Cons
Sometimes overwhelming paper work, esp with new and recerts
Good agency but loss it's view
Residential (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 12, 2014
I have worked here form many years, both day hab and residential. Love it! Building skills, encouraging independence, helping others. However, the agency has seemed to lose its view. The people in the office don't seem to have a clue what goes on day to day out in the "real world". Kind of sad. But still, the consumers and coworkers are what keeps me ticking. Too many people at the top and not enough workers.
Pros
Coworkers. Consumers.
Cons
Low pay. No raises. No bonuses. Little appreciation.
Very relaxed residential setting, with extensive one on one client focus
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 22, 2014
A typical day with living resources would be, preparing clients for the start of their day, breakfast, prep for their day at the center. at the return of the day its dinner and baths then some quality time maybe movies or a walk..I've learned that you should never underestimate the abilities of one person. the mentally challenged are just that.." The More You Challenge their minds, the more mentally aware they become, I enjoy being a part in their new found awareness of the world around them. My coworkers are the best, all team players with respect for one another. Honestly there is no hard part to my job, I enjoy it, its very rewarding. Management could be better, with more staff communication and incentives..
Pros
gratifying experience, assisting individuals with traumatic brain injuries, and developmental disabilities achieve lifes everyday challenges
Cons
not enough pay, poor management
Doing work that matters.
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYMay 27, 2014
I would have to say that there is no typical day of work. Everyday there are new challenges and new things to be excited about. I learn something new everyday and everyday I am grateful to have had the chance to work with my fellow co-workers and the people that we care for. The hardest part of my job is not being able to do enough for the residents.
Pros
the people I get to know.
Cons
not enough time or money to make a difference in lives.
best job i have ever had!!!!
direct service professinal (Current Employee) –  malta nyMay 6, 2014
great place to work if you in school or part time!! friendly environment to work. flexible shifts and offers above average medical plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Living Resources. Our community is ready to answer.