Living Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding, but low pay
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 11, 2016
This job can be rewarding at times, but it is not high-paying. There is also not enough staff working at Living Resources, so people are always mandated to stay and work overnights or during shifts that people call out for. Very tough job for very low pay.
Pros
Company pays for you when you take consumers somewhere, rewarding
Cons
low pay, responsibility for constantly watching consumers, not enough staff
Servicing great people.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYMarch 31, 2016
In this job, it is not the employer, but the people you work with that really make this job meaningful. You really are improving and making people day's when you come as you help them tackle every day challenges.
Pros
Free Lunches, Time to do School Work
Cons
Poor pay
Cashier
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Count money
Customer service
Help bagged groceries
Worked front end
Best thing was getting acquainted with the customers that would come in everyday because they was reliable customers
The Most Enjoyable Part of this job
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 4, 2015
What I enjoyed most about this job, was coming in to work and taking care of the individuals with disabilities. This was a great experience for me an i learned a lot from working here.
great place
First-Shift Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 14, 2015
Great Place to work and great co-workers. Great company to work for. Great client and clean place and great training and
Great experience
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 28, 2015
I was able to teach everyday living skills to adults with low function capabilities. Management could of been better, but I was able to work on my own and create Plans. Developing goals and writing summaries of their accomplishments.
good job but diffent management
Residental House Manger (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 31, 2015
your personal life is there main concern not your productivity in the consumers life so be aware of this if you are a male not
A vital community resource staffed by caring individuals
Registered Professional Nurse-Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 25, 2014
The mission and the work of LR was to serve the mentally challenged population living independently in the community. I was blessed with the opportunity to visit consumers in their home one to five times per week to manage care and preserve dignity of ADLs.

I saw anywhere from 3 to 8 patients a day depending on complexity.

Everyone working there was committed to the mission.

The hardest part of the job was insuring quality time while being proficient and efficient.

The most enjoyable part was assisting in the discharging of people who had gained independence and were not in need of services at all or as much.
Pros
extremely friendly and supportive work environment
Cons
sometimes overwhelming paper work, esp with new and recerts
Good agency but loss it's view
Residential (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 12, 2014
I have worked here form many years, both day hab and residential. Love it! Building skills, encouraging independence, helping others. However, the agency has seemed to lose its view. The people in the office don't seem to have a clue what goes on day to day out in the "real world". Kind of sad. But still, the consumers and coworkers are what keeps me ticking. Too many people at the top and not enough workers.
Pros
coworkers. consumers.
Cons
low pay. no raises. no bonuses. little appreciation.
Very relaxed residential setting, with extensive one on one client focus
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 22, 2014
A typical day with living resources would be, preparing clients for the start of their day, breakfast, prep for their day at the center. at the return of the day its dinner and baths then some quality time maybe movies or a walk..I've learned that you should never underestimate the abilities of one person. the mentally challenged are just that.." The More You Challenge their minds, the more mentally aware they become, I enjoy being a part in their new found awareness of the world around them. My coworkers are the best, all team players with respect for one another. Honestly there is no hard part to my job, I enjoy it, its very rewarding. Management could be better, with more staff communication and incentives..
Pros
gratifying experience, assisting individuals with traumatic brain injuries, and developmental disabilities achieve lifes everyday challenges
Cons
not enough pay, poor management

Want to know more about Living Resources?

Ask a question
Doing work that matters.
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYMay 27, 2014
I would have to say that there is no typical day of work. Everyday there are new challenges and new things to be excited about. I learn something new everyday and everyday I am grateful to have had the chance to work with my fellow co-workers and the people that we care for. The hardest part of my job is not being able to do enough for the residents.
Pros
the people i get to know.
Cons
not enough time or money to make a difference in lives.
best job i have ever had!!!!
direct service professinal (Current Employee) –  malta nyMay 6, 2014
great place to work if you in school or part time!! friendly environment to work. flexible shifts and offers above average medical plan.
productive
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 2, 2014
Helping clients with daily tasks

I learned about the clients I worked with

didn't work with others just clients
Pros
had its ups and downs
Cons
hours pay
customer service is a must
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 24, 2014
I'm a home health aide for living resources and travel to different homes during the day.
very productive
Day Opportunity Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYDecember 18, 2013
Fast pacing environment.
I have learned to be more productive and more confident when working with people with disabilities.
Assist consumer participants to achieve his or her maximum growth through community based activities.
• Provide direct assessment training, assistance, and guidance in all areas of physical, intellectual, emotional and social development in accordance to consumer daily plans.
• Facilitate communication regarding participant needs, counseling strategies, service, progress and other information as needed
• Responsible for prioritizing responsibilities and making judgment calls for consumer participants.
A good learning experience for a first job.
Temporary QIDP (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYDecember 2, 2013
I thoroughly enjoy working at Living Resources. I have learned a lot about professional demeanor, and have been able to incorporate my own personal interests and strengths into my work to enrich the lives of others. I have learned a lot from the people I work with as well.
review
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 26, 2013
Great place to work. Alot of hours. Great employee benefits.
Direct Care Staff
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 12, 2013
To see indiviual with disablities go to work, have a normal home life. Tranport the to different activities to have fun. It was a memorable job.
Pros
to work with the consumers
Cons
the pay was to low. for all we did.
Meaningful culture
County Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 8, 2013
I always felt good about going to work knowing I was helping to improve the lives of those with special needs. I learned excellent communication skills, understood HR procedures, and that organization is the key to a less stressful work day, just to name a few. The work environment was professional but also fun. Everyone in my program was close knit and we tried to get together outside of work for a little team building, which really worked. Just like any other job you have good and bad days but the good outweighed the bad by far.
Pros
flex days, good amount of sick and vacation time, hra, benefits
Cons
low-average salary
fun place to work
Disabilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 5, 2013
its a good place to work you get to travle and help people who need help