Living Spaces Furniture Employee Reviews

Great balanced place to work for.
Guest Engagement Leader (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2017
The company offers great support and great learning that can be used in many walks of life. Clear expectations with the right support needed. Fun work environment & a great place to work at.
Call center
CSRII (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAFebruary 5, 2017
the call center cared more about the phone to be answered then it did about customer service, they went thru 3 managers in the short time I was there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
HOURS
Supervisor
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 9, 2017
logging in to are routing system to see how many deliveries we have going out for the day. Assigning work to the dock checkers, looking into orders to make sure the orders are received and the they go out on time.
Pros
something all ways to do
Cons
irregular hours
Great place for many hours
Customer Pickup Lead (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 28, 2016
this job will allow you to work as many hours as you can handle. Great management, work culture. Poor safety regulations.
Not very structured
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CANovember 8, 2016
Did enjoy working at the call center until the director left and the new one came in. Thats when it started not being enjoyable to go to work.
Mattress and Furniture store
Mattress Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 7, 2016
MY coworkers were the best I have ever worked with. I learned many good skills from my supervisor, who had worked in furniture for 30 years. We were a family. Then the company grew and let go a great store manager . They hired a store manager who was on drugs and most quit. I made from 40 to 60% of the daily and they let us all go within two weeks to drop wages. My co workers all get together still two or three times a year. I loved helping people sleep well, especially those with severe issues with the body, and lack of sleep. I am a people person. Don't like paperwork.
Pros
Free lunch on sat and sun.
Cons
Management is too bad and political.
Fun environment
Sales associate, Upholstery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2016
Fast paced, great coworkers, customers are great
Expect something new everyday,
Training is amazing.
weekly lunch provided by company,
Weekly pa, and good pay
Horrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 24, 2016
Management is completely horrible I do not recommend this place at all ! This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Management should treat there employees with respect
Great people, feels like family, competitive benefits and fast advancement
Cashier Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 1, 2016
Great management. Easy to talk to. Quick advancement for those who want it. Competitive wages and good benefits. Flexible with your schedule. No drama. Everyone helped each other.
A Review from a Visual Merchandiser
VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 20, 2016
The work enviroment at Living Spaces is a team based work place. Everyone is more than happy to help each other. As a visual merchandiser I, along with a few other visuals:
•Stylize, furnish, and accessorize the entire showroom floor
•Design and create vignettes that create a real life visual for guests
•Organize and categorize the showroom into each of its respected styles
•Communicate and work in a team environment
•Assist guests with accessory choices to complete their living space

The hardest part of the job is that it is very physical. If you are not careful, you might pull something while lifting. Always make sure you only carry what you can and always ask for help.

The most enjoyable part of the job was my fellow team members. They are hardworking, understandable, helpful and all have motivation.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends, full benefits, 401k Plan
Cons
Sometimes work weekends, holidays, 30 minute lunch
It is a great job to have
Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CADecember 15, 2015
One of the best jobs I have had. The only complaint I would have would be in the job security/advancement category. I was employed through an agency though, not directly, and was not hired directly after 6 months, making me search for better opportunities. Other than that, I'd recommend working here.
Pros
Free Lunches Weekly
Living Spaces was fun to work at because my immediate co-workers were very nice and team players; however the HR dept could improve on their skills
Admin Support/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CANovember 3, 2015
Living Spaces offers benefits; however they are not the best but better than nothing. The HR department seems to show partiality. They did offer free lunches to employees who worked on the weekend. That was nice but I think most employees rather have had better hourly pay and or better health benefits (less out of pocket expense) verses the free lunches.
Pros
Free Lunches on weekends
Cons
Health Insurance was very expensive out of pocket.
Enjoyable Company
BRAND MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 30, 2015
Amazing company with great core values. Is tuly an employee first driven company. Fast paced and growing but still very young and finding its path. I love working with all my co-workers and have grown tremendously in my carreer here.
Pros
Bonus structure, employee first driven company
Cons
competitive benefits
Great Place to Work.
Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 30, 2015
The tam was just that a TEAM. No one man ran the show everyone was a key player on this job. I loved working there. We would get a bonus every month and no one was left out. We were truly a team store with the same goal. Didn't mind working weekends because lunch was catered and they took care of us. I would refer this job to anyone looking to be part of a good team.
Customer Service
LABELING/CASHIER/FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAAugust 5, 2015
As label person would always make sure the store had the correct ads running on store as well as in the web site.also would help the front end when they were busy as a cashier go over customer invoice to make everything was correct.
Good people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJuly 8, 2015
Living Spaces was a good place to work at. The people i worked with was very nice.The benefits are great, however management team is formed by condescending people. Very stressful for what they pay, They are not flexible with school schedules and unfortunately growth is based on favoritism.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends. Good benefits. Great people to work with.
Cons
Short breaks, micromanagement. Condescending management team and promotions are based on favoritism.
Productive and fun workplace
Full-Time Warehouse Clerk/Floor Prep (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 7, 2015
Great benefits
Flexible schedules
Bonuses
Free Lunch On Weekends
All-Store Christmas Party every year
All-Store Summer Picnic every year
Wonderful workplace with nice perks!
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 17, 2015
Working at living spaces was awesome! I loved the people I worked with and the type of work I did. I had to work weekends, and I didn't even mind because I liked being there. The owners are amazing people and every day since I left, I regret it.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
the pay.
Decent pay but very low/inconsistent hours
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMay 11, 2015
The job primarily consists of engaging customers and using sails strategies to determine what it is they are looking for, making sure to ask key questions in order to build a relationship so that they will want to buy. After several hours of engaging multiple people and getting the same answer as everyone else, "just looking," you can start to feel completely drained. Sales isn't for everyone.

The best part of the job is when you have a super busy day and are making all of your sales goals (which they monitor.) It is very fast paced and you go from customer to customer quickly, sometimes meeting some really cool people along the way. The job is non-commission based but you still have to sell well according to company standards. They track your numbers. It can be incredibly slow too, which gives you nothing to do but clean your department.

You are guaranteed full time hours if you are hired for full time. I have been with the company almost 2 years and am still part time. This makes your hours disposable and very inconsistent, You could be scheduled 27 hours one week and 13 the next. I would not recommend this job as a primary source of income.

The management are really cool people and can be really easy to be around.
Pros
Free lunch on the weekends, Bonuses.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, incredibly dull and boring if not busy.
Sometimes slow and sometimes fast paced work environment with customers from all walks of life looking for better furniture shoping.
Department Lead/Sales/Merchandising/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 4, 2015
I learned a great deal about the inner-workings of a big-box retail environment. Starting in front-end cashiering and customer service, to warehouse labeling / shipping / inventory / logistics & pickups, then to the sales floor assisting customers and then directing and leading my department associates in sales, training and achieving and maintaining sales goals.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends, occasional potlucks and b-bq.
Cons
Short breaks, no tollerance point system, only 3 non-working holidays, weekends "never" off without using time off (paid or not), and far too many black out dates to schedule time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Living Spaces Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.