Living Spaces Furniture Employee Reviews

Living Spaces was fun to work at because my immediate co-workers were very nice and team players; however the HR dept could improve on their skills
Admin Support/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CANovember 3, 2015
Living Spaces offers benefits; however they are not the best but better than nothing. The HR department seems to show partiality. They did offer free lunches to employees who worked on the weekend. That was nice but I think most employees rather have had better hourly pay and or better health benefits (less out of pocket expense) verses the free lunches.
Pros
Free Lunches on weekends
Cons
Health Insurance was very expensive out of pocket.
Enjoyable Company
BRAND MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 30, 2015
Amazing company with great core values. Is tuly an employee first driven company. Fast paced and growing but still very young and finding its path. I love working with all my co-workers and have grown tremendously in my carreer here.
Pros
Bonus structure, employee first driven company
Cons
competitive benefits
Great Place to Work.
Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 30, 2015
The tam was just that a TEAM. No one man ran the show everyone was a key player on this job. I loved working there. We would get a bonus every month and no one was left out. We were truly a team store with the same goal. Didn't mind working weekends because lunch was catered and they took care of us. I would refer this job to anyone looking to be part of a good team.
Customer Service
LABELING/CASHIER/FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAAugust 5, 2015
As label person would always make sure the store had the correct ads running on store as well as in the web site.also would help the front end when they were busy as a cashier go over customer invoice to make everything was correct.
Good people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJuly 8, 2015
Living Spaces was a good place to work at. The people i worked with was very nice.The benefits are great, however management team is formed by condescending people. Very stressful for what they pay, They are not flexible with school schedules and unfortunately growth is based on favoritism.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends. Good benefits. Great people to work with.
Cons
Short breaks, micromanagement. Condescending management team and promotions are based on favoritism.
Productive and fun workplace
Full-Time Warehouse Clerk/Floor Prep (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 7, 2015
Great benefits
Flexible schedules
Bonuses
Free Lunch On Weekends
All-Store Christmas Party every year
All-Store Summer Picnic every year
Wonderful workplace with nice perks!
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 17, 2015
Working at living spaces was awesome! I loved the people I worked with and the type of work I did. I had to work weekends, and I didn't even mind because I liked being there. The owners are amazing people and every day since I left, I regret it.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
the pay.
Decent pay but very low/inconsistent hours
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMay 11, 2015
The job primarily consists of engaging customers and using sails strategies to determine what it is they are looking for, making sure to ask key questions in order to build a relationship so that they will want to buy. After several hours of engaging multiple people and getting the same answer as everyone else, "just looking," you can start to feel completely drained. Sales isn't for everyone.

The best part of the job is when you have a super busy day and are making all of your sales goals (which they monitor.) It is very fast paced and you go from customer to customer quickly, sometimes meeting some really cool people along the way. The job is non-commission based but you still have to sell well according to company standards. They track your numbers. It can be incredibly slow too, which gives you nothing to do but clean your department.

You are guaranteed full time hours if you are hired for full time. I have been with the company almost 2 years and am still part time. This makes your hours disposable and very inconsistent, You could be scheduled 27 hours one week and 13 the next. I would not recommend this job as a primary source of income.

The management are really cool people and can be really easy to be around.
Pros
Free lunch on the weekends, Bonuses.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, incredibly dull and boring if not busy.
Sometimes slow and sometimes fast paced work environment with customers from all walks of life looking for better furniture shoping.
Department Lead/Sales/Merchandising/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 4, 2015
I learned a great deal about the inner-workings of a big-box retail environment. Starting in front-end cashiering and customer service, to warehouse labeling / shipping / inventory / logistics & pickups, then to the sales floor assisting customers and then directing and leading my department associates in sales, training and achieving and maintaining sales goals.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends, occasional potlucks and b-bq.
Cons
Short breaks, no tollerance point system, only 3 non-working holidays, weekends "never" off without using time off (paid or not), and far too many black out dates to schedule time off.
Living Spaces
warehouse (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 29, 2015
Living Spaces is a great starter job. If you are looking for a career...This is not the place. Some of the older managers have figured how to not do there job and stay under the radar.
Pros
Free weekend lunches, decent warehouse pay.
Cons
Managment
Quality service to customer and to the merchandise is key
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAOctober 21, 2014
Always checking out the quality of all merchandises and account to see if they are in the proper location. I've learned to become more of a perfectionist with how I want the merchandise to look and to be more careful of my surrounds. Management was on point and very strict on how they want their warehouse to run. If you are caught not following the proper procedure, you will get a warning and/or fired. Sometimes its very hard to fulfill all the needs of the customers, since they can be quite picky, but you will just have to do your best and work with them. I love that I played a major part in the overall service of the customer.
Pros
always busy, full time plus overtime, great benefits
Cons
management can push you very hard, always pressing for time
LOTS OF TURN OVER MANAGERS AND EMPLOYEES
Designer/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAOctober 13, 2014
REALLY CHEAP QUALITY FURNITURE
GOOD FOR IF YOU ARE A STUDENT OR FIRST TIME MOVING OUT
ABILITY TO DELIVER FURNITURE SAME DAY AS LONG AS IT IS PURCHASED BEFORE 3 PM
fun place alot off oportunitis to advance
picker (Former Employee) –  rialto caOctober 8, 2014
everybody is fun to work especially the late shift the only hard part is getting used to the heavy lifting other than that its a good place to work.
Pros
free lunch on some days
Cons
shorts breaks
One of the worst places to work
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 18, 2014
Living Spaces has the potential to be a great place to work. But the management and general work culture have deteriorated greatly over the years. The pay is horrible for what you do ($10.00 - $12.00), which is supposed to be non-commissioned sales, but you are hounded and tormented to no end as if you were some corporate exec making 70k plus a year. The retention rate is ridiculous as new hires and veterans alike all have been running for the hills and if they don't run...they will be fired! Actually, what really stinks is when an associate turns in their two week notice, they are fired on the spot and escorted out like a criminal and not even allowed to say goodbye to fellow associates. The stress is tremendous and I have seen families of good friends broken during my time there (including strain on my own), I have seen management harass fellow employees in ways which could not be legal, and it is just an overall unhealthy work environment. The company is new and maybe this could be part of the problem and boy is it a big problem. I could seriously go on and on but I think 200 words is enough. Bottom line...STAY AWAY!
Pros
some great people, food on the weekends
Cons
work ethics, environment
Excellent warehouse experience and visual product placement
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 22, 2014
On an average day, I came in at 7AM and walked into the warehouse to help unload a truck full of product delivered for that day. That included customer product and stock. Once the stock was separated from customer goods, I would take accessories that included:paintings, mirrors, rugs, vases, candleholders, unique statues, bowls, clocks and etc. I would price tag all of them myself via the computer and printer. Then once it was tagged properly I scanned them to the locations of the store where I would place them strategically in a show room or on our shelves, sometimes to replenish the product or placing something new in stock. Being a visual would allow me to design the show rooms with what I found best complimented the dining table, sectional or bed. I learned the language of the furniture industry and what interior designers look for to make a person desire that complete set in a show room. My co-workers were of a variety of backgrounds, some designers and other architects outside of work. In the warehouse I would sometimes assist in placing new furniture on the floor and bringing furniture back into the warehouse, also loading customer product into their vehicles. As for the sales team, I often assisted moving furniture for customers to visualize what they wanted and to bring product down from the walls and locating items in stock on our system. That means customer service was always top priority and I would always work my best to satisfy a sale or an inquiry for our guests. The most difficult part of the job is the fast pace that is necessary to complete multiple projects  more... from management and your daily tasks as you helped customers along the way, but that was also the most enjoyable because I was always active and staying occupied with projects I found to be fun. Also I learned so much about the furniture industry such as the styles and latest fashion.  less
Pros
free lunch, fun environment, industry knowledge, co-workers
awesome
Main Distribution Center Delivery supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAJune 20, 2014
A grest place to go and begin learning the work place and how to find jobs.
didnt work as driver
Home Delivery Driver/Mover (Former Employee) –  la miradaJune 7, 2014
i wasnt a driver for living. spaces
i was a loader and un-loader
Overall a fun and enjoyable place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 28, 2014
I have enjoyed the time that I have worked at LSF, and would like to continue my work here but unfortunately not that my children will be in school the location of this job is making that impossible. I have learned new skills here and have been able to improve my customer service and upselling skills. I enjoy working directly with our customers as well as with our supervisors. I have been lucky to work with knowledgeable and helpful supervisors that have been there whenever they are needed. I do wish that there was more for me to learn and do outside of my immediate department.
A good learning opportunity
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMay 13, 2014
Majority of the day is spent with customers. Management rarely listens to ideas or feedback. They do not value people who ask questions or challenge policies
Pros
free lunch
Cons
managment, corportate, job security
Fun workplace, everyone was easy to get along with.
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJanuary 15, 2014
What I learned - Got to know a lot of product, Bedrooms sets, recliners, Mattresses, Sofas, Love-Seats, Sectionals, learned about all the different types of woods, material
Educated my customers.
A typical day at work - Going in for my mid shift 11-7:00 perfect time to get off work and still have time for myself.
Management - Young determined employees, always trying to do the right thing to make their customers and staff happy.
My Co-workers - All very friendly, easy to get along with, helped me if I needed it
The hardest part of the job - There was no hard part of the job to be honest.
The most enjoyable part of the job - Having knowledge on furniture I have in my house, all from Living Spaces.
Pros
free lunch on weekends, always different.
Cons
no cons