Living Spaces

Living Spaces Employee Reviews

Great place for advancement in the retail industry.
Product Placement (Current Employee), Mission Valley, San Diego, CaliforniaMay 28, 2015
I truly enjoy the benefits and the work environment provided by corporate. There is lunch provided by the company every Saturday, and Sunday. They are on a constant talent search that makes the work place a fun and challenging place to work. I recommend it to those that are competitive and like to thrive.
Productive and fast paced environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Colton, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: benefits, paycheck, work environment
Cons: short breaks
Workplace is fast paced. Management takes employees to the next level. Co-workers are very dependable. Hardest part of the job is assembling products before deadlines. Most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck.
Dont Ask!!
sales (Former Employee), huntington beach caMay 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch on weekends
Cons: the health insurance offered for part time is not very good.
For pete shakes!!! don't ask to many Questions lol got let go because of that. Didn't make sales quota ( only scheduled 1 day a week Hours 11 to 3.) sales should be 7,000 or more a day. Transferred – more... to another department and told I would get more hours. I got less......The CEO of the company.has a great vision for his company. Unfortunately some of the management do not have the education or drive to motivate other team members. – less
Just OK, not a career here.
Temp Worker (Former Employee), RialtoMay 2, 2015
Pros: OT, they buy you lots of lunches here, about twice a week .
Cons: Very young employees, too much messing around. Equipment was bad
I was sent here as a temp worker. First, Management is just OK. More concerned at pulling numbers then anything else. Yes, you are judge by how much furniture you can move in a shift. Most pieces are – more... over 100 pounds. You are expected to move a minimum of 160 per shift. But here's the thing, not all Cherry Pickers are the same. Some slower then others a and if you are a temp, you will get the worst lift. The RF units they use are bad really bad as well. Never fully charged. Having a bad lift with a RF scanner that doesn't work and trying to pick 160 pieces of furniture most over 100 all night long is next to impossible. Second, say good bye to family life. The OT here was none stop. If you are a OT hound then this place is for you. But what really got me while here, was how the Living Spaces employees would trickle out and disappear as the night would go on. By the end of the OT, the only people working were the temps. And you are never really done, you work 10 hours they will not hesitate to ask you to work 12. It's always, can you stay another hour. Lastly, don't ever forget to hook up to your lift with a tether. They have the most impossible rule to follow that will cost you to be fired on the spot. If you are ever caught not tethered to the lift for any reason "Good Bye". I personally saw 2 people let go by this. I was also told an employee of more then 10 years was let go like this. So if you think you can be perfect and never forget this jobs for you. I could go on about the culture here but all I will say is too many young kids, 20 something all very immature here to work with. Very few adults on the picking crew. – less
sales
Sales (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 17, 2015
Great place to work you will meet awesome people and enjoy the management as well. Coworkers are always helpful and work wll as a team.
Nice place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hors
enjoyed my time there. free luck on the weekend, uniform provided, non commission sales, competitive salary,health care, full time positions available
non-commision and they STILL steal sales!!!!
sales associate (Former Employee), huntington beachFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch on weekends
Cons: management/co-workers
I got fired because they switched my schedule and did NOT notify me
I was scheduled to come in at 4 and when I got there they said I was supposed to be in at 11 and then proceeded to suspend me

extremely overwhelming when you first get hired

if there is a higher position available and you qualify don't expect to move up in the company they love to outside hire new manages and leads
Don't waste your time
Interior Design Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: all of them
Working at Living Spaces was perhaps the biggest mistake I could have made in my career. The "management" is a complete charade, the company is poorly run, and despite your performance there is zero opportunity – more... for any advancement. It's simply a non commissioned employee factory. They've been sued for discrimination numerous times and lost. I've been sexually harassed by managers and I've seen them manipulate orders to favor the store and the cost of the employee and customer. As a designer, I will never admit that I worked there, it's an embarrassment to my reputation. – less
you give 100%, they give 10%.
product placement/warehouse (Former Employee), Mission Valley, Ca.December 18, 2014
Pros: customer interactions
Cons: abusive policies/actions
When it rains, bring your umbrella inside with you. There's leaks everywhere in the store. The sales team treat the warehouse team like dogs. Management favors sales so the abuse is accepted. Product placement – more... manager is nice to your face, but will let you go in an instant without feedback or warnings. Unless youre a female, he will hug you every chance he gets. One of the warehouse leads (male) sexually harasses everyone, even other men, under the pretense of teasing. The warehouse staff accepts cash tips but the rule is, "tell no one". There is no formal training, they help you a little but tell you, "we learned on the go, now you do it". Then fire you without notice for not "getting it." Even after only two months. – less
It's a fun and face paced work place
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: non-commission
A typical day is talking to guest letting them know our living Space brand story. I learned that guest need help decide on what to purchase. My co-workers are fun and very helpful. The hardest part about the job is making another worker don't try to take your guest since it's a non-commission sales job. The best part about working here is they really treat their employee's good.
Like working with people
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Mission Valley, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch on weekends
Cons: health insurance expensive
We do things for people, not to people. We greet customers and engage with them .Try to know what they need and supply them good service .
very fast paced and always on your feet
Wrapper (Former Employee), Colton, CAJuly 20, 2014
Job could be dangerous if you end up with a dangerous driver at the docks. Most of the time, delivery driver is in a bad mood and will end up getting in a fight. The hardest part of the job, is mentally preparing yourself for work. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to stock furniture up on the racks.
Productive fun work place, non- commision environment
Department Lead (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 21, 2014
Advancement opportunities to grow with a company growing fast throughout the U.S.
Professional, friendly environment.
Lunch is provided on the weekends
Its ok to work for
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Rialto, CAMarch 7, 2014
• Assemble all types of furniture for delivery to customers involving use of hand and power tools
• Trained and certified on powered pallet jacks
• Dock checking making sure that the order is correct
Ehhhh
Interior Designer (Former Employee), Vista, CAFebruary 6, 2014
As a designer, I wouldnt work for this company again.... It is hard to get promoted within the compnay if you havent been there for a long long time!
Customer Service
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: interacting with customer
Cons: dealing with rude customers
I actually like this job so much that after my two week notice I was still working part-time with Living Spaces for about another year or so.
If you work hard you will be rewarded
Retail Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), Menifee, CAOctober 17, 2013
Cons: too many people get fired.
Good managers but poor corporate leadership. Free lunch. Great Co-workers. The company is expanding rapidly but they are spending too much and cut hours at stores that do well.
Good copany to work for they take good care of you
Customer Service/Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Monrovia, CAJune 27, 2013
Pros: provides lunches on the weekend, fun events for employees
Cons: not a lot of hours, pay bands
Wonderful place to work for, Mangement takes good care of thier employees. Ideas are always heard. There is room for promotions.
sales
Multi-Disciplinary Assistant (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAMay 25, 2013
typical sales job
no set schedules
good work enivorment
very busy work
Worked with a variety of customers from high end to value for the dollar.
Design Consultant- Bedroom Specialist (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAApril 8, 2013
Pros: hours and bonuses
Cons: management did not promote within fairly.
In a typical day I would open the store and make sure my department was ready for business by making sure we had promotion signs placed, balloons, product presentation placed and available in stock, daily – more... schedule for bedroom team.
I learned a lot about different types of woods, veneers and mattresses.
Most of my co-workers had the same educational background and work experience as I do.
The most difficult part of the job was working ten hour shifts; having to stand for long periods of time.
The most enjoyable part was meeting and working with different and returning customers daily. – less