Living Spaces Employee Reviews

My experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 20, 2015
I loved this company, I loved my job as well until I shortly learned how it really worked, they claim it is a commission free environment, but its really not. Your numbers still count, you are supposed to live up to your goals which is doable. But people will steal your sales, go behind you back, but they claim it is supposed to be a different culture.

They will fire you over drama, and you are not even allowed to put your say into things. Management is terrible, they don't handle problems, they prolong the drama.

Overall I was disappointed, I could have done well in that company because if you have the personality the sales come easy. They pay great salary. Just the environment sucks.
Pros
money, free lunch
Cons
management, overturn
Very stressful and constant changing call center
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CASeptember 24, 2016
I'm a very hard worker and provide top customer service. In all the years I've worked answering phones I've never handled such angry, disrespectful, and threatening customers. Most of the staff is nice but if you're harassed by another employee expect to be written up for expressing to management and they won't terminate those who harass or bully other employees. They promise you good bonus but you have to pretty much be "perfect" and do everything the way they want completely to receive that bonus. And if you have a medical condition of any kind I wouldn't recommend working for them. Even with Dr's notes you'll still be fired and accrue points. No compassion and they just lie to your face telling you "not to worry" if you're sick and have proof. You can be the best and they still will fire you. There are training classes every week of about 20 new hires. That's how fast people are fired or quit. Beware and if you give this place a shot. Goodluck!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Non compassionate staff and unfair workplace
Awesome Corporate Culture
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 26, 2016
Always, always, always busy. Never a dull moment. Company prizes creative thinking and proactive problem solving, as is necessary in such a fast-paced environment.

My manager has put together an excellent team. Company SOP for visuals is a bit nitpicky, though recently some of the reigns have been loosened, giving us more creative freedom. I feel truly lucky to be working with this company.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends (and when special visitors come), creative freedom, awesome coworkers and managers.
Cons
Runs "lean and mean, " sometimes overwhelmed with tasks to be completed.
Just Living Spaces
Customer Service Representative-WEB/PH (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMay 26, 2016
My experience working here was great. I first started off in the store in Kids Spaces. That was a great learning experience because I got to learn about the various brands and styles of furniture fort the kids.Then I moved to Guest Services. There I started off on the inbound team which takes all the calls and assist the guest with various issues regarding there deliveries, tech appts, exchanges/returns, various product questions and taking new sales orders. Then I went to the outbound team to the web/ph order department which I love.
Pros
free lunches every weekend, opportunity to move up in the company
Cons
short breaks, point system
Lackluster management
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2016
Overall LS is a fast growing company with great potential. Too bad the management team is so wrapped up with the numbers that they forget about the great people who work there.
Pros
Made a few good friends. Free lunch on weekends
Cons
Poor communication to the team, Mgmt says one thing and then does something completely different, Mgmt does not have the skill set to navigate all of the drama that they themselves create, People are promoted based on sales numbers, not based on leadership skills.
Well dedicated management towards employees.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 29, 2016
Competitive pay towards other retail stores. Caring environment. Motivational management, listen to employees questions and concerns by providing quarterly surveys for employees to review management. Developing a 90 day plan to establish a better position with in the company.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends, annual raises, bonus, 3 holidays off, holiday pay.
Cons
no cons great place to work.
Overall, a stressful place to work in negative energy.
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day at work include doing a lot, which I like because I am a hard worker and I like to keep myself busy working on projects.

Management at Living Spaces isn't ran the best... Sad to say but it is the honest truth.

Along with co-workers, it's not a positive environment, people are negative.
great team environment - great benefits
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CA 94578June 1, 2016
as a Brand team member there were always tasks to conquer. From behind the scenes warehouse work, to floor moves and assisting the sales team - Brand does it all. Catered weekend lunches were awesome and regional leaders are really involved.
con- for the amount of physical work, brand wages should be higher as well as higher bonuses
Cons
should have higher wages for Brand department
Empty promises
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAAugust 24, 2016
Horrible management, favortism, and hypocrisy says it all. Management is the elite group and then there's everyone else. I would never recommend anyone work for this company. Benefits are horrible and they don't pay overtime for ANY holidays worked. Ever.
Pros
Free lunch on weekends ( big deal)
Cons
Pay, scheduling, company " culture"
Great Fast Growing Company
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Living spaces has money and they're doing well for themselves, I was put in sales although I wanted to work in the warehouse. We all get free lunch on weekends but only if you work an 6+ hrs. I didn't like how scattered scheduling is, and the schedule is tiny yo! I could barely read it. The managers... I'm not sure why but they gave me weird vibes, they had a Christmas party and it was really fun but only for the 10 people dancing. Regular day to day is boring/slow(during the week) but don't worry, you work EVERY WEEKEND. It was cool, not for me. Oh and there was quite a bit of ambiguity during my training.
Pros
Pay, free lunch
Cons
Work weekends, scheduling

Want to know more about Living Spaces?

Ask a question
great enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 10, 2016
good job , just the schedule isnt working for me. but everyone is nice and helpful. very easy to find, right next to 880. every weekend they provide free lunch.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
doesnt work around your schedule
ok place to work, just dont get hurt
Certified Forklift operator/ Picker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2016
This is a very nice place to work but very physical, and if u get hurt and go on light duty they will single u out, Some managers have anger management issues.
Horrible Work Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2016
They say they put the employees first but they do not at all. They do not care for our well being. They do not even care about your comfort at work. They allow employees to harass one another with no consequence.
Growth Opportunities
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 15, 2016
The company has a lot of resources for employees looking for growth and to make a career out of it. It's up to you, the employee, to make the moves, though management is there to help.
Loved my position
Retail furniture sales, Recline specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2016
Great place to work especially if you are young and looking to advance,
Great products in stock in warehouse.
Pricing unbeatable.
Pros
Long hours. Will not work with your schedule.
Great place for advancement in the retail industry.
Product Placement (Current Employee) –  Mission Valley, San Diego, CaliforniaMay 28, 2015
I truly enjoy the benefits and the work environment provided by corporate. There is lunch provided by the company every Saturday, and Sunday. They are on a constant talent search that makes the work place a fun and challenging place to work. I recommend it to those that are competitive and like to thrive.
providing lunch every sunday was great
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJune 27, 2016
good place to start in as a sales employee, compensation could've been better, performance expectations were not realistic at times.
Living spaces
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 14, 2016
I enjoy working for the company, I love the management they really put the employees first. And as an employee I feel that is a really big deal.
Productive and fast paced environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAMay 21, 2015
Workplace is fast paced. Management takes employees to the next level. Co-workers are very dependable. Hardest part of the job is assembling products before deadlines. Most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck.
Pros
benefits, paycheck, work environment
Cons
short breaks
Great
Dispatcher/Pre-caller (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAApril 21, 2016
company is great, always thinks of its employees. everyone there is very friendly. Living Space believe in greater opportunities.
Pros
provides us with free lunch two time a week
Cons
we have to work on weekends

2.9