LivingSocial Employee Reviews

It's the people
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2017
It was wonderful to work for LivingSocial. It was different from any other call center I had worked for. There was a passion for customer service and a structural belief in the quality of service provided. The culture was amazing and the root was the people that made the place so amazing.
Pros
The people, the culture, the drive to be more.
Cons
Too big, too fast and belief system was sacrificed.
Productive place to work
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to work. There were some struggles around revenue with the daily deals becoming a thing of the past. The company tried to transition out.
No job security or work/life balance
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2017
Seems like a fun company from the outside looking in, but with rounds and rounds of mass layoffs and very little emphasis placed on work/life balance, it is not a company I would recommend to work at.
place
Senior Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 17, 2016
Sales was a great place and a fun environment to be in. Management will talk to you and treat you like an adult so if you have a weak constitution sales isnt for you.
IBM - Reputable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2016
IBM is a reputable company with many opportunities. Since I had to complete my undergraduate degree while I was attending IBM work, I decidingly vacated the position to complete my bachelors of science in accounting.
Fun but
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2016
This was a great job straight out of college. I was able to make money while at the same time learn about sales. Things were constantly changing though and it made it difficult to perfect the job.
Incredibly challenging, but rewarding.
Merchant Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 30, 2016
It was a bubbly and innovative place to work. Promoting ideas from employees was a big deal over there,and everyone felt uniquely important. Plus, we got free beer on Thursdays!
Great job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 31, 2016
This job showed me how to open up to people and be very interactive with them. I absolutely loved it.
Great Environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2016
+repetitive work load
+management does not communicate well with the staff
+wine and beer is always stock (best part)
+crazy goals
+happy hours
Cons
Not stable
Amazing job
National Merchant Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 5, 2016
Was sad when the Tucson location closed. This company provided me with tons of experience that I am confident will help in my next job position.
Awesome Culture and People
Social Media Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 15, 2016
The experience I've gained with LivingSocial has been life-changing. I absolutely love my team and have always felt valued and supported.
Cons
Market instability
fun workplace but unstable company
PROGRAM MANAGER-ESCAPES & TOURS (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 11, 2016
typical day at work was something new every day with usually a few fires that needed putting out.Culture of company was very young and always changing things to try to get it right.
Pros
free snacks, beer / drinks in office
Cons
unstable management structure
Fun and productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 9, 2016
Free snacks, fun activities and great people in a lively atmosphere. Allowed all to enjoy work while being productive.
Pros
Great pay, activities, free snacks and beverages
Cons
closing and moving
LivingSocial has a fun, start-up vibe but never reached real stability as a business.
Senior Editor, Live Events and Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 23, 2016
LivingSocial was a great place to start my career and work with people my age who became good friends. The work-life balance was great - I got work done during business hours, knew others could cover for me when I was out, and never had to stay late or take work home. However, as the business continued to have financial problems and fail to evolve in a way that would make it financially stable, salary increases and job stability suffered.
Fun great place to start career.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2016
I loved my time at LivingSocial, as many of my colleagues did. My only complaint is that I was worried at least other quarter that I might lose my job.
Fun place to work at, but management isn't up to par
Merchant Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2016
This company is a fun place to work at, but management isn't up to par. There is a lack of communication between departments and levels. Additionally, there is no ownership when errors or mistakes occur
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Fast paced learning environment
Merchant Services/ Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2016
My typical day at work is busy and fun. I learn new things everyday and my management is flexible. My co-workers are like family and make my job better. The hardest part will be to leave but the knowledge and experience I have learned will carry on with me forever.
Pros
hour lunches, promotes from within
Cons
being outsourced
Excellent benefits
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2016
Great company for a woman to work for, excellent pay and benefits. Decent training. Internal production department was great at beginning but declined in recent years.
Great place to work, too much MOT
Merchant Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 3, 2016
This place was great to work for minus all the mandatory overtime, not sure if it was just because it was new, but it wasn't the best as far as life balance.
The best group of sales people ever.
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
This was at one time a great company to work for. One of the strengths was that they hired amazing talented people from inside teams, outside sales, management and customer service teams.
Not sure how that is now, since the company is running on bare bones.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Upper Management lost sight of the what the product was

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LivingSocial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5