LivingSocial

LivingSocial Employer Reviews

fun workplace with ping pong table. Very relax environment
Marketing/Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no incentive to keep sales motivated
fun workplace with ping pong table. Very relax environment. Horrible management. Learn to prospect my own leads and sell advertisement.
Fun young workplace
Human Resources/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2015
Overall, LivingSocial was a great atmosphere. Everyone was young and fresh to work with and there were always activities.
Productive and fun place to work
ANZ Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at LivingSocial was a fun day. I was always excited to go into work. My co-workers were great and we all became a family.
Good for First Time Employment
Local Editor (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
I was laid off from this company in a time of transition just three months after I was hired. I believe the company management can make major strides to improve simply by making different hiring decisions and also by readjusting what LivingSocial is at the end of the day.

The company atmosphere, work environment, coworker attitude, and duties/ responsibilities were all great in their own way. I enjoyed my time at the company and just wished I hadn't moved to the DC area just to be laid off so quickly.
Great place to work in socila media arena
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: work remote
Managed an outside sales team in the NorthEast region including montreal. Spent 3 days a week in the filed with reps and merchants
great people bad training
Senior Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), LADecember 30, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: pay
great people bad training ping pong at work, our model is outdated marketing and people know now.
Great job, poor job security
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
I (unfortunately) only worked for LivingSocial for 6 months. The new CEO decided to lay off myself and 399 of my "closest friends" (including my boss and her boss). I don't see a bright future for the company -- hopefully all of these changes will bring about new growth for them. Best wishes.
Good place to work, no security
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Torrance, CANovember 25, 2014
Great culture, got a new CEO and laid off everyone they had hired in the past couple months. All in all about 20% of the company is gone.
Great company finally finding itself
Merchant Campaign Consultant (Former Employee), SeattleNovember 20, 2014
After 3 years it seems to have found a direction. As a remote employee I did miss out on a lot of culture and advancement opportunities.My over all time there was enjoyable.
Great company finally finding itself
Merchant Campaign Consultant (Former Employee), SeattleNovember 20, 2014
Good marketing for merchants, poor merchant service
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, culture, product
Cons: company organization, lay-offs, lack of communication to employees including goals, commissions, pay structure. lack of communication to merchants
LivingSocial has a great marketing plan for merchants looking to grow their business and create a buzz from new customers and customer feedback. LivingSocial lacks organization on the backend. As LivingSocial continues to evolve and hire new "higher-ups" they are leaving behind the basis of any good sales company: A sales team that builds customer relationships and maintains a happy book of business…

Now that LivingSocial has changed their platform on outside sales and tries to move away from the daily deal space, I am interested to see how they flourish.
Flexible work enviroment
Chargeback Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 17, 2014
LivingSocial was a nice place to work. Very fast paced work environment yet still had time for some fun. Only really qualm I had with the company was the compensation.
Great environment
Merchant Payable Tax Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 13, 2014
The company has great benefits, diverse, and strives to succeed.
Fun environment to work in.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free snacks and great benefits
The people you work are fun. You get snacks and free drinks on a daily basis.
loved it
Consumer Services representative (Former Employee), Tucson azNovember 7, 2014
I loved my job. I loved the culture and the values. I felt blessed to have this job and being laid off was truly a shock.
Fun workplace and co workers
International Sales, Best Practices Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits, vacation time
Cons: bad execution
The hardest part of the job is keeping clients as the company doesn't deliver what it promises.
Fun workplace with many rotating pieces
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 27, 2014
LivingSocial provides an excellent work environment for young, hungry people in the sales world. The day-to-day life allows for opportunities to converse with many different types of business owners in a variety of industries. There has been a major shift in the sales process; 6 months ago there was a prospecting approach to the partnership acquisitions, now, it is strictly lead-based with no exceptions. My coworkers were nice, however they lacked the what ought to be identifiable quality of being "social" with one another.
Great
Sr. National Account Manager (Promotion) (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2014

We provide a trusted, convenient source for finding value on everyday items and activities and identifying novel, enriching and fun experiences for you to enjoy and share with your friends.

With thousands of unique and diverse offers every day, we inspire our members to discover everything from weekend excursions to international travel, from exclusive gourmet dinners to family outings and more.

We help local and national businesses grow by introducing them to high-quality new customers. We deliver compelling and cost-effective marketing solutions for businesses large and small and provide our partners with the tools to make our members their regulars.

Based in Washington, DC, we have more than 40 million members around the world and have sold more than 103 million vouchers to date.
Growing Business
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: high commissions
Cons: being a remote employee
Overall my experience working with Living Social was a good one. I was an outside sales rep working remotely.

A typical day at work consisted of conference calls in the morning, administrative work, followed by cold calling. The afternoons were left for going out on appointments.

Since I was a remote employee I didn't have much interaction with coworkers in person. My interaction with them was strictly on conference calls or when we got together for yearly conferences. I would say that was the hardest part of the job. The fact that I was so distant from other colleagues. And the most enjoyable part of my job was the rewarding paychecks. Not only was it nice to receive it but it was also a reflection of my hard work and great accounts I signed up.
...
Marketing Consultant for Tampa Bay (Former Employee), Tampa. FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great product
Cons: management and sales support
Amazing experience as a start up, unfortunately they grew too big too fast and the company suffered.

1 2 3 4 5

About LivingSocial

LivingSocial is a leading marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city – or wherever you may be. We're – Read more