LivingSocial Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome Culture and People
Social Media Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 15, 2016
The experience I've gained with LivingSocial has been life-changing. I absolutely love my team and have always felt valued and supported.
Cons
Market instability
Fun and productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 9, 2016
Free snacks, fun activities and great people in a lively atmosphere. Allowed all to enjoy work while being productive.
Pros
Great pay, activities, free snacks and beverages
Cons
closing and moving
LivingSocial has a fun, start-up vibe but never reached real stability as a business.
Senior Editor, Live Events and Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 23, 2016
LivingSocial was a great place to start my career and work with people my age who became good friends. The work-life balance was great - I got work done during business hours, knew others could cover for me when I was out, and never had to stay late or take work home. However, as the business continued to have financial problems and fail to evolve in a way that would make it financially stable, salary increases and job stability suffered.
Fun great place to start career.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2016
I loved my time at LivingSocial, as many of my colleagues did. My only complaint is that I was worried at least other quarter that I might lose my job.
Fun place to work at, but management isn't up to par
Merchant Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2016
This company is a fun place to work at, but management isn't up to par. There is a lack of communication between departments and levels. Additionally, there is no ownership when errors or mistakes occur
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Fast paced learning environment
Merchant Services/ Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2016
My typical day at work is busy and fun. I learn new things everyday and my management is flexible. My co-workers are like family and make my job better. The hardest part will be to leave but the knowledge and experience I have learned will carry on with me forever.
Pros
hour lunches, promotes from within
Cons
being outsourced
Excellent benefits
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2016
Great company for a woman to work for, excellent pay and benefits. Decent training. Internal production department was great at beginning but declined in recent years.
Great place to work, too much MOT
Merchant Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 3, 2016
This place was great to work for minus all the mandatory overtime, not sure if it was just because it was new, but it wasn't the best as far as life balance.
The best group of sales people ever.
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
This was at one time a great company to work for. One of the strengths was that they hired amazing talented people from inside teams, outside sales, management and customer service teams.
Not sure how that is now, since the company is running on bare bones.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Upper Management lost sight of the what the product was
Great company
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 14, 2015
Wonderful career - loved working there for over 4 years. Fast paced startup with a lot of energy.

Travel
work
building teams
cross channel
high focus on revenue growth
market growth,
etc
Company in trouble
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2015
There are many opportunities to positively impact customers and merchant businesses. Pay is great for top achievers. Decent benefits.

The company is top bloated and bureaucratic but can't find the right areas to clean up. Every round of mismanaged layoffs and cut backs bring fresh pain for the underlying business.

Hire based on talent and not just pretty faces. Talk to everyone, not just those in the bubble, before making decisions that impact the business. Laying off people that make the company money is not a wise decision.
Pros
Great compensation, work from home as needed
Cons
Layoffs, uncertain future
Great People on a slowly sinking ship
Revenue & Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2015
I hope I am wrong about the company and I wish the best for them. I was at LS for a bit over 5 years and its been through a lot. Constantly changing company goals may not have helped with the constant turn over rates
Pros
beer fridge, people
Cons
job advancement, job continuity
Employee (Former Employee) –  Anywhere, USAOctober 26, 2015
Fun place to work, great culture without the typical call center micromanagement. People are expected to act like professional adults, and are held accountable as such. The company has had some growing pains and lay-offs, and seems financially unstable at the time which can create employee anxiety.
Pros
Culture & environment, free snacks, employee drive
Cons
Instability, lay-offs, little to no room for growth
It was fun while it lasted!
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 23, 2015
Outside sales with LivingSocial offered great work/life balance. We were empowered to run our market as our own business. Company culture was great for a while but we eventually suffered from an identity crises. Not sure what direction the company is headed in (partially due to poor internal communication), but it was fun while it lasted! Met some amazing people (both merchants & colleagues) that I plan to stay in contact with.
People
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 19, 2015
Most of the people were really great to work with. It was a very easy job. The only thing I could say was they needed better communication between employees and upper management.
Its a fun and exciting place to work.
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2015
A great place to work and you will never have a dull day. The company will take good care of you. The financial security of the company is the only concern.
Amazing Culture with Great Opportunities to Help Businesses Grow!
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2015
LivingSocial was a great place to work! Although I worked remotely, I was part of a team that communicated daily. There were always contests and fun ways to challenge yourself. I enjoyed working there and was sad when the company decided to execute a major layoff. The culture and the people are something I'll really miss!
Pros
Company Culture, healthcare, compensation, work from home
Cons
Company-wide layoff, multiple management shifts
Would not recommend
csr (Current Employee) –  Tucson AZJuly 29, 2015
This company does not give sick time and if you are truly sick they expect you to use your PTO. Even though you use your PTO they count it against you as a missed day. Management is unprofessional at times. The supervisor only talk when I have done something wrong otherwise I get nothing more then that from them.
Pros
The insurance, pay, and free Coke.
Cons
Management is not
Great culture and a fun place to work.
National Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2015
A great company with a great product. Hopefully with the new CEO, they will get their financials in order. A company that takes care of their employees.
fun work place
Senior Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2015
Was a fun work place with supportive management. New CEO not very knowledgeable and has hurt the company more then helped it. Since he has been in office LS had to let over 600 people go as well as sold another business that they owned for working capital.

Since the new structure that the new CEO implemented the company has gone down as well as the earning potential.
Pros
Company Training
Cons
New CEO is not educated enough for this role