LIVINGSTON INTERNATIONAL INC. Employee Reviews

One of the worst jobs I have ever had
Coordinator, IFTS Export (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 24, 2017
The job itself is quite enjoyable. The problem is with the level of pettiness that is allowed. It starts at the top and most managers or people in a supervisor position are difficult to work with. You are micromanagerd like children and giving excessive work with unrealistic expectations for completeion. My manager cried once a week and consistently treated employees poorly. Understaffed and no worth the stress. Being unemployed would be less stressful.
Pros
Paid time off, holidays, and location
Cons
Work place culture, pay, expectations, petty levels
Amazing and Relaxed atmosphere with great employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 17, 2016
Working at Livingston International was a rewarding and place to work. I could work independently as well with other employees seamlessly. My co-workers were funny, helpful and patient while they helped me learn the ropes. I would come in and start my day with coffee and a bagel before booting up the computer and getting started on filing and managing customer accounts while answering the phone and routing calls. At the end of the day, I would pack and head home with a smile on my face.
Pros
Great Staff, Quiet environment, Easy pace, Beneficial learning curve.
You will suffer from chronic stress. Google the definition of it.
Release Customs Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYNovember 18, 2016
-chronic stress likely
- learned how to create bonds and certify a lot of kinds of shipments
- managers of service delivery were helpful, though production manager was prickly
* co-workers were very friendly and easily one of the aspects of the job I miss
- not enough workers on the job shared in the workload - only so many people would respond to e-mails and phone calls. This made work harder for other workers.
- food trucks, lighter work days and working the same schedule every week were some of the best parts of the job
Pros
sitting while you work, eating at desk
Cons
huge clientele/not enough workers, mandatory overtime
I liked my job, coworkers and clients.
Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 15, 2016
I processed U.S. Customs clearance for Ocean/Air Import shipments from beginning to end. This can be very time sensitive and busy. I enjoyed the industry and people. The hardest part of the job was leaving due to my position moving to a service center in another state.
Pros
coworkers, clients, benefits
Cons
Positions shifting from local offices to service centers
Racist and Discriminating.Favoritism.Good Training
Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 1, 2015
Great training: good employee morale until you really see what the company is about. no room or real incentive to move up unless your well liked by certain management. Promotions are given out based on who is liked well not by their actual skills and abilities: poorly skilled, Supervisors: Managers are completely out of touch. problems w/ minority races who have health issues. Same rules and regulations don't apply across the board to each employee as each employee is treated differently based on how well they are liked. One employee hand book but the rules apply differently to certain individuals usually people of color. Poorly managed company. Low yearly profits. bonuses aren't worth the taxes you have to pay on them if you get a bonus. again certain people get bonuses based on how well they are liked by management not by your accomplishments. HR department Human Capitol as they call it isn't worth sending an e mail no support, a real JOKE. last HR person left within a matter of months. no one to go too unless again your well liked by management but if your well liked by management you have no problems. High unreasonable expectations of their employee's trying to keep up with competition and they still fall short and cannot keep good staff. Constant turn over of staff. Great place to get training and get your foot in the door. No place to call home and think your going to have a real career. and be treated fairly. If your not white and well liked by management this is no place to think your going to progress. I've never seen so many highly skilled employee's passed over  more... for promotions because they weren't LIKED enough by management. Average pay: not enough for the amount of work required and unfair treatment. Oh and the office equipment is cheap, cheap uncomfortable chairs, no writs pads for the computers. Only upper management and conference rooms have comfortable chairs: office suite itself needs updating poor heating system: winter time you come in from the cold and it's just as cold in the office: many staff members have blankets: certain parts of the office during the summer months your on fire, no air, stairwells are dirty and falling apart, carpet only vacuumed at the office managers request which is hardly never. If you want good office supplies to use, I suggest you bring your own.  less
Pros
Great Training and good door opener into the Imports/Exports
Cons
Poor Management: Unfair Treatment
Poor management support. Excellent training structure
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Unrealistic and vague expectations at the executive management level. Poor transitional planning/roll-out for new processes that require unexperienced staff to shoulder the blunt of the workload. Micromanaging culture at the branch level. Disconnected at the executive level. Poor supervisory/team lead support...because positions arent filled aggressively. Unmotivating pay scale. Culture pressures you to check your brain at the door. Employees not valued as indicated by their pay and "firing tally" kept on the dry erase board by a current manager as an "inside joke". Overtime and weekends are required with little indication of appreciation. Saving good point is recruiting has secured good people who with proper leadership could be great. Training is detailed and an effective introduction to the industry. Beware of promises made in interviews. Keep options open until you get in and see for yourself.
Pros
Training, great staff doing the real work
Cons
Management, pay, process implementation, management loyalty
High turn-over, unreasonable expectations.
Former classifer. (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 13, 2014
Received excellent training and thought that the 100% review of work completed was a good idea. But it was difficult to meet the expectations for quantity of items completed, and everyone's individual progress is posted on a dry erase board for everyone in the company to see. So when you don't meet expectations, even if there's a good reason for it, you feel very embarrassed -- publicly. Also, supervisors seem to work outrageous overtime without getting paid for it, so there's no incentive to want to advance. Upper managers don't seem to care.
Pros
A lot of team building events, good training.
Cons
High turn over, unrealistic expectations, pay is very average.