Livingstone College Employee Reviews

Great work study job
Assistant to Events Coordinator/Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  701 W Monroe StMay 25, 2017
Great job that worked around school schedule. I will perform multiple task that include filing paper work and running small errands. I learned how to be more professional in a business setting. I worked at a HBCU so it was rich in culture. The hardest part of the job was filing all the papers but it taught me to be patient. I enjoyed working with all the wonderful people in the office. They all shared knowledge with me everyday.
Pros
Culture and work setting
Horrible place to work
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 22, 2017
This is not a good place to work. The administration do not back you on your decisions. The kids are out of control and no actions is taken per the staff.
Pros
Cons
Staff, Students, Equipment
Interesting place to work...
Director of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 19, 2017
A typical day was stressful due to the nature of the job position. It seemed that students nor the administration was ever satisfied with the outcome of the activities.
Pros
Experiencing growth in students once they have graduated
Cons
Administration's inconsistencies and lack of genuine concern
It's a good place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 13, 2017
It's a good place to work... you will learn a lot about organization and time management it's a good environment to work in also there is really no competition everybody works together like a family
Fun place to work
Security Supervisor/Officer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury ncMay 12, 2017
I enjoyed this job unfortunately I had to resign due to health issues at the time. I increased my education through various seminars and training. I became supervisor within 6 months
Pros
free uniforms
Cons
Doesnt pay accrding to education
n/a
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 12, 2017
I would prepare food, serve the students and faculty, and help clean the cafeteria.
Management had no idea what they were doing. When I started, there was a paper schedule every week, but as time went on you had to come in when they told you to.
Students were rude,
The job in general was stressful, and not worth my time.
Pros
Cons
all
Unprofessional
PT Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 7, 2017
Typical work day at Livingstone College is hectic and unprofessional. Basically regarding financial aid department they always try and resolve an issue at the last minute instead of investigating problem before hand.
fun working place
Residence Hall assistant of an all-girls dorm (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 23, 2017
working at this job at Livingstone college has been great. I love working as a mentor and helping students ho need the extra help. Not only do they learn from me but I also get the opportunity to learn from them.
bad job
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 14, 2017
Typical day consisted of about 12-15 hours because you have more than one job title around there. Learned how to micromanage and multitask. Management was not good at all and did not keep their word on many occasions. Workplace culture was enjoyable.
Ups and downs at Livingstone
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCFebruary 2, 2017
Typical workday was hectic due to no one was organized and files out of place and have to scramble around for documents, Could have been more organized and better management with communication and leadership skills. The hardest accomplished was learned how to stay focused and complete daily assignments for supervisor.
Pros
Had the opportunity to give support and positiveness to students.
Cons
Wished that I could have stayed longer to work with students.
Beneficial to Business endeavors in the near future
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 26, 2017
Doing work-study at Livingstone College was very interesting. I learned how to work in all conditions and how to work by my own pace. The management was not the best. There were times where I didn't have any work assignments. Working in the office was very easy. I worked on the computer by myself on assignments given by my Manager. The hardest part of my job was getting the correct information that my manager wanted. The most enjoyable part of the job was running errands outside of the office.
Pros
A peaceful work environment
Cons
no lunch breaks
Manager of intramural sports
Intramural Sports Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Livingstone has great raw potential but lacks the vision to do what's great. And for some areas In the school they do not care for the students. But one key thing may change that around
Pros
Family feel
Cons
Unperfessional
Excellent place for growth and development.
Success Coach (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 3, 2017
Livingstone College provides staff with an excellent opportunity to shape the lives of young adults who are making strives towards their future.
Pros
Reduced college tuition for staff and faculty and their children.
Cons
Few advancement opportunities.
It was a okay job
Server (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 3, 2017
It was a okay job but you had a hard time cashing checks and they don't have direct deposits.than some people have favorites .their very unorganized. To many people wanting to be the boss and less workers. Most students are rude and disrespectful. Students leave there trash everywhere and you have to go behind ylyjem and clean up after them lime their lil babies and these are college students
Pros
Cons
Not put together well
Enjoyed Schedule Flexibility
Restricted Funds Accnt/Budget Off/Spec Proj Coord. (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCDecember 28, 2016
Livingstone College is a religious, historical, all-black college. It has its own police force. Staff was friendly, but found a lot of talking going on in HR office. All people I worked with and for were very pleasant and cooperated with onsite training. Others did not like the new girl coming in to make changes. Enjoyed challenges, every day proved to be challenging in the least!
Pros
Had own office
Cons
only Caucasion person pm site; prejudice existed.
no comment
Director, Human Resources & Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 16, 2016
I don't want to comment on my current company I think having this as a mandatory compels people to not speak freely for fear of retaliation. I think this area needs to be removed
Productive workplace with good people an good staff
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 7, 2016
It was a blessing to be able to obtain my degree while being employed I am pleased with my time at Livingstone college an it was wonderful an truly a blessing. To be able to grow an help kids on a daily
I learned so much
Administrative Assistant/ Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 12, 2016
typical day at work included help students and staff reach new heights,. You have to love to help people to work here busy especially while school is in term.
Private college work environment
Default Manager/Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 7, 2016
The college offers a small family feel to the institution. Staff and faculty are invested in the institutions mission and focus. I gained some valuable knowledge in the financial aid arena. My co-workers and I were very comfortable with each other, which is a testament of the environmental offerings.
Pros
non micro managerial environment
Cons
health insurance compensation
Fine
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 4, 2016
The work environment was fine depending on the department that you worked and the title that you carry. Lesser titles get fewer recognition and does majority of the work load.