Livingstone College Employee Reviews in United States

Lc
Admini. Assist., WJ Walls Archives/Alumni Affairs (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 20, 2016
I was responsible for giving tours in the archives and also assisting the alumni when they would call into the office. The atmosphere was normally relaxed until the big times of the year, like Homecoming, Graduation or Founders' Day. We had the pleasure of interacting with graduates that were celebrating their golden years as alumni. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the students take pride in their school once they learned the rich history that it had.
Interesting work environment
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 11, 2016
A typical day at work for an RA starts at 5:30 pm and ends at 12:00 am. We monitor the building/ residence hall until the hall director returns the following day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the rude residences because sometimes they look at you as one of them. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to bond with not only your residences but your co workers as well.
Pros
Your own room, $1, 800 per semester compensation, bonding and networking with new people.
Cons
The work hours, rude residences
Overall Thoughts
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 27, 2016
Livingstone College was a great place for higher learning and has prepared me for the workforce. During my time there I accumulated the skills necessary to become a productive member in this global society. The hardest part about working for and attending Livingstone College was being 10 hours away from my family.
Pros
Education
Cons
Low Pay
Productive time during work hours
Office of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 12, 2016
Learning with my supervisor was challenging but great for future skills.
I learned how to plan activities within the capacity of Livingstone College. I learned how to maintain a budget within twelve hundred students. I also learned how to contact local party rentals and speak with them about the activities that were held.
I was under good management as well.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with multiple busy phone calls throughout the day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was actually seeing my colleagues enjoy the events that was planned.
Good and relaxing
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 2, 2016
Quiet relaxing. Taking phone calls, doing computer work, running errands. It was very peaceful. My supervisors were very nice.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Only paid once a month
livingstone student activities
Student Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 2, 2016
i loved livingstone's activity program. i learned alot about how to operate everything and how to manage the students who came and hung around the area. everyday was typical, i cleaned the room and brought my gaming utensils.
Pros
free games
Cons
noisey area
You have to have a passion for what you do
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 6, 2016
Make sure that you go in with a passion for helping young people advance and not with the expectation that others will see your hard work and reward it.
Ultimate working experience with invaluable learning environment
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCDecember 22, 2015
A typical day would start around 3 PM and end around 6 PM. I learned that all people (Co-workers) have their own strengths and weakness and in order to get the most out of them you have to find out what their strengths are and expose them. Management is a very key part to any job and it's success. Management with strong personal and leadership skills is very important. The hardest part was seeing missed opportunities for co-workers to grow. The exact opposite is true for the most enjoyable part of the job, I love seeing people grow into the young men and women they're striving to be.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Short work schedule
I have enjoyed my experience at Livingstone College
Residence Hall Director College Park Apartments (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 15, 2015
This experience has been great transitioning from a tradition Residence Hall to apartments has been wonderful.On a typical day I see about 50 to 75 students a day for one on one's, Health & Safety Inspections and maintenance issues. I have a great group of people that I work with everyday to make this a success in every aspect. The hardest part of the is sometimes trying to reach students for different situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a student develop through my leadership.
Assistant Coach/RC
Assistant Coach/RC (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 2, 2015
After returning to my alma mater as an Assistant Women's Basketball coach and recruit coordinator, a typical day at Livingstone College was never the same. Our work hours was not your typical 8-5 because we often played games away and returned to campus at 3:00 am. In addition, working on the weekend did not leave time for work/life balance. I loved, loved my co-workers because they were my former college basketball coaches. The hardest part of my job was trying to receive the same treatment as the male sports. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with my former coaches and helping other young women receive a college degree while playing basketball.
Pros
working with my former college coaches
Cons
No work/life balance; Less money than men's sports
Financial Aid
Financial Aid Verification Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 2, 2015
Wonder place to work. Good work life balance and training environment. My co workers were nice and willing to help when needed.
Library Assistant/ Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  salisbury,ncAugust 25, 2015
My job is very enjoyable and the people are great and wonderful to work with, and the students are fantastic, It's a lovely environment on the campus
Workplace and culture is different
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 29, 2015
Company can be one sided and not open minded. Not an innovating employer. No room for advancement. Atmosphere can be enjoyable if you stay involved with helping students.
Pros
Flexibility
A great institution that strives to prepare future generations to be competitive in our global society.
SACS_QEP Reading Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 15, 2015
I set the agenda for the month, week or day based on the needs of the institution for my department. Some days are like a "Box of Chocolate." Those days can be exhilarating because it allows me to engage,a variety of skills and experiences that might not be used on a daily basis.
The hardest part of the job is when the maximum amount of resources are not available to assist my clients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my colleagues to assist students with achieving their goals.
I embrace change daily by thinking outside the box when faced with unfamiliar opportunities.
Pros
College environment
Cons
Parking
Very Demanding job which prepared me for a tough leadership role
Sports Information Director (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 14, 2015
Very Demanding job which has prepared me for a tough leadership role in any company that I may become apart of.

This particular position will challenge you in all areas, but it is great for the latter positions that one plans to acquire throughout a lifetime.
Hbcu
PROJECT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 9, 2015
Working with diverse student populations, conducting workshops, managing day-to-day operations of the grant, hard working colleagues and rewarding experiences with students.
Updated Senior Class on various workshops, graduation requirement deadlines
Senior Class V.P of Student Gov't Association (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 16, 2015
The president, myself, and the executive secretary met up once to twice a week. Had discussions on upcoming events that will benefit the senior class upon graduating, resume building, and possible job opportunities. At times, communication amongst each other was not always the best but things seem to work out at the end. The hardest part of the job was to get most of the senior class students to attend the mandatory meetings that were informative to them graduating. The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized as one of the student leaders at the college as well as a scholar.
Pros
student leader, getting to meet with successful people
Cons
n/a
Unorganized
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 15, 2015
I was really excited to work for Livingstone College. After working there for a while it has been determined that it is a very unorganized place to work which made it hard for me due to me being a single mom.
Productive, and fun work place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Making bonds with the residents by programs the Ra had to host or just simply being there in times of need for your residents because a lot of them all freshman and new to the whole college lifestyle.
Overall a decent workplace
Upward Bound Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 19, 2014
This is a well balance work place that allows work time as well as free time to make sure their employees are satisfied.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Livingstone College. Our community is ready to answer.

Livingstone College Reviews by Location