Liz Claiborne, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good place to work but advancements and benefits was not good at all
Customer service manager (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Close to home, loved my co workers and supervisor
Cons: Awful benefts that was very costly. No oppurtunities for advancements
Worked in Retail for about 20yr started at the age 14. Management was micro management to the point that it was very hard to do your job are implement any of your own management skills
Fun enviornment, people friendly, great benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILAugust 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: store closed
I started out as a sales associate and worked myself up to assistant manager before the store unfortunately closed. I had a great work experience at Liz Claiborne, especially communicating with the clients that I was fortunate enough to help
Loved my postion and people
QA Coordinator Liz Claiborne (Former Employee), Mount Pocono, PAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Made alot of money
Cons: Went out of business
Getting information for associates to get started, learned a lot about garment industry, management was great and very understanding. Co-workers were always busy but very personable. Hardest part was keeping everyone informed of style issues.
This was a great job while I was going to medical billing/records school
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: My employers worked around my schooling schedule
Cons: Pay wasn't good
I worked at Liz Claiborne because I needed somekind of income while I was going to school full-time to get my medical biller/records degree. This job was perfect for me at this time as the hours were very reasonable.
Productive and Fun
Store Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, VTMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great Parties, Family Atmosphere
Cons: No healthcare
Great family owned business. Staff meetings in mornings before store opened and a great working environment, Leaned how to merchandise and was able to take classes in Customer service. Co-workers were great and had a family atmosphere. Fun part was being able to go own buying trips to New York City and really taking ownership of t your department.
A challenging place of employment that is fast paced.
Supervisor (Former Employee), West Chester, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: The benefits
Cons: They quit their distribution operations.
A great place to work. I received a lot of support from upper management on job development. The company had services that helped employees in need .
A very high paced corporate environment where everyone felt like family.
Retail Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJMarch 25, 2015
I enjoyed the daily interaction with the retail stores. At one time there were over 600 stores spread over 6 brands. Over the years, I placed orders for over 700 store openings.
A job I truly loved, but unfortunately the company was sold to JCPenneys and we all lost our positions.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
A great company where everyone worked together to insure their jewelry lines were the top selling brands in department stores. A typical day was I was responsible for up to 10 jewelry brands, ensuring stock was out, was set to planogram, and selling to customers. Our management was top notch and my coworkers and I worked together. The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility when I was raising my family, and the hardest part of my job was no longer working there as the company was sold, because I thoroughly enjoyed merchandising.
Great Company/Benefits
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), ATLANTA, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: na
This was a part time college job for me, but the job was fun and exciting. I definitely enjoyed my time here. Great atmosphere, great people, excellent benefits are some of the highlights from this job.
rewarding enjoyable work environment
Warehouse Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Pocono, PAMarch 5, 2015
learned and mastered proficiency in all areas / departments in a 1.2 million square foot distribution center for international apparel and accessories company

Rarely was there a "typical" day, in that I often did not know what area or department I might be working in on any given day. On the other hand, this variety always kept the job interesting and challenging.
Sales of clothing, shoes, and jewlery
Sale Associate (Former Employee), North Conway, NHFebruary 24, 2015
Always the customer came first, making sure that they had the correct size, color, and style of product. Also organizing, sizing, and straighten the racks/shelves. Did the "house" cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, mopping, washing windows).
Vast growth potential via training and mentoring
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Pocono, PAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: culture of work and life balance was outstanding
I began my career with Liz Claiborne in which I received management training and skills to advance my career within the distribution network.
Very confusing place to work
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: steady work
Cons: very confusing for supervisors to figure out what the priorities were
Upper Management had difficult agreeing with the direction the Distribtuion Center should take
get my mail. sort it the mail. check signatures for approval on invocies
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJJanuary 22, 2015
submit invoices into computer system.
print check match checks with invoices.
Get signature for checks
Terrific co-workers and fun environment
Liz Claiborne Field Account Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Company provided a great work-life balance as I was able to work from home. Really great benefits provided. Competitive salary.
Just Okay
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZNovember 19, 2014
Pros: got to meet new people.
Cons: no healthcare.
Liz Claiborne was a slow place to work. You could not be sick and stay home. You had to juggle tons of thing at once. Your work was never appreciated. You got no credit. There was no full time work.
Product Developement
Product Development Mgr (Former Employee), nycNovember 4, 2014
Fantastic opportunity right from school recruited to work in the product developement department and had the most amazing opportunity to travel all over Asia
LAID BACK ENVIRONMENT
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Queenstown, MDAugust 11, 2014
LOVED WORKING HERE. WISH THEY NEVER WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. THE LOCATION WAS PERFECT TO GET CUSTOMERS FROM OUT OF TOWN INTO THE STORE.
awesome industry
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tulare, CAJuly 27, 2014
typical duties included working with customers , stocking racks, cash handling, and closing duties. Management lacked integrity however.
great place to work ,great employees. loved the job.Store closed
Store Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 13, 2014
If the store had not closed, I can say I would have been there for a long time. Loved the hours,the responsibility, and the area. The employees really came to work to make customers happy and did a great job. Employees enjoyed their job, so, this rolled over to great customer service.