Liz Claiborne, Inc.

Liz Claiborne, Inc. Employee Reviews

A very high paced corporate environment where everyone felt like family.
Retail Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJMarch 25, 2015
I enjoyed the daily interaction with the retail stores. At one time there were over 600 stores spread over 6 brands. Over the years, I placed orders for over 700 store openings.
A job I truly loved, but unfortunately the company was sold to JCPenneys and we all lost our positions.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
A great company where everyone worked together to insure their jewelry lines were the top selling brands in department stores. A typical day was I was responsible for up to 10 jewelry brands, ensuring stock was out, was set to planogram, and selling to customers. Our management was top notch and my coworkers and I worked together. The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility when I was raising my family, and the hardest part of my job was no longer working there as the company was sold, because I thoroughly enjoyed merchandising.
Great Company/Benefits
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), ATLANTA, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: na
This was a part time college job for me, but the job was fun and exciting. I definitely enjoyed my time here. Great atmosphere, great people, excellent benefits are some of the highlights from this job.
rewarding enjoyable work environment
Warehouse Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Pocono, PAMarch 5, 2015
learned and mastered proficiency in all areas / departments in a 1.2 million square foot distribution center for international apparel and accessories company

Rarely was there a "typical" day, in that I often did not know what area or department I might be working in on any given day. On the other hand, this variety always kept the job interesting and challenging.
Sales of clothing, shoes, and jewlery
Sale Associate (Former Employee), North Conway, NHFebruary 24, 2015
Always the customer came first, making sure that they had the correct size, color, and style of product. Also organizing, sizing, and straighten the racks/shelves. Did the "house" cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, mopping, washing windows).
Vast growth potential via training and mentoring
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Pocono, PAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: culture of work and life balance was outstanding
I began my career with Liz Claiborne in which I received management training and skills to advance my career within the distribution network.
Very confusing place to work
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: steady work
Cons: very confusing for supervisors to figure out what the priorities were
Upper Management had difficult agreeing with the direction the Distribtuion Center should take
get my mail. sort it the mail. check signatures for approval on invocies
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJJanuary 22, 2015
submit invoices into computer system.
print check match checks with invoices.
Get signature for checks
Terrific co-workers and fun environment
Liz Claiborne Field Account Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Company provided a great work-life balance as I was able to work from home. Really great benefits provided. Competitive salary.
Just Okay
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZNovember 19, 2014
Pros: got to meet new people.
Cons: no healthcare.
Liz Claiborne was a slow place to work. You could not be sick and stay home. You had to juggle tons of thing at once. Your work was never appreciated. You got no credit. There was no full time work.
Product Developement
Product Development Mgr (Former Employee), nycNovember 4, 2014
Fantastic opportunity right from school recruited to work in the product developement department and had the most amazing opportunity to travel all over Asia
LAID BACK ENVIRONMENT
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Queenstown, MDAugust 11, 2014
LOVED WORKING HERE. WISH THEY NEVER WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. THE LOCATION WAS PERFECT TO GET CUSTOMERS FROM OUT OF TOWN INTO THE STORE.
awesome industry
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tulare, CAJuly 27, 2014
typical duties included working with customers , stocking racks, cash handling, and closing duties. Management lacked integrity however.
great place to work ,great employees. loved the job.Store closed
Store Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 13, 2014
If the store had not closed, I can say I would have been there for a long time. Loved the hours,the responsibility, and the area. The employees really came to work to make customers happy and did a great job. Employees enjoyed their job, so, this rolled over to great customer service.
Customer Service, Sales Associate, Cahier, nvntory
Sales Associate, Cashier, (Former Employee), Tampa, FL 33618July 6, 2014
Start looking the floor that is clean, organize, ready to receive the Customers. Receive issues from my Supervisor, Customer Service in a very nice and friendly way to every single Customer, helping them what they need, color, style, very professional suites, helping them in a dressing room, sizes, then when they ready go to check up in the register, trying that every single customer is going to come back for the best customer service I did. Working like a Team with my co-workers.At the end of the schedule make sure that every single dressing room is clean, back the merchandise to the floor so is ready the Store outstanding for next day. With all my Customers became part of my life looking each other frequently.
Productive & fun team mates
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJJune 23, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: brand i was working for moved to california
The most enjoable part of the job was to work with amazing and knowledgeable people.
Productive and fun workplace
Pick and Packer (Former Employee), Tobyhanna, PA.June 20, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: short breaks
It was a productive and fun workplace to work at but very short breaks.
It's not Liz anymore
Director, Loss Prevention (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJJune 18, 2014
Pros: great, collaborative culture. ceiling on growth is unlimited.
Cons: none spring to mind.
This is the root of the company that is now Kate Spade Companies. Great culture. Worked there twice. Extremely collaborative. Be prepared to work but also be prepared to see the fruits of your labor and have direct input into making significant impact. Never encountered a leader who wasn't great to work with as a partner. If you are offered a position here, TAKE IT!
Great Team Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Destin, FLJune 8, 2014
Open and prepped store for daily operations. Interacted with patrons.
High end retailer!
Inbound and Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: great retail giant
Cons: forced to down size
Supervised and coordinated loading and unloading of shipments. Ensure proper staging and stacking guide lines. Verify all inbound, outbound loads against load documents. Ensure proper practise and handling of RF units. Completed daily reports, data entry, workload numbers reported to operation matrix. Ensure and monitored the safe operation of power equipment. Safety team member and equipment trainer. Maintained employee daily housekeeping responsiblities and safe work practises.

1 2 3 4

About Liz Claiborne, Inc.

Fifth & Pacific Companies (formerly Liz Claiborne), a department store mainstay long accustomed to dressing middle-class women – Read more

Liz Claiborne, Inc. Salaries