Liz Claiborne, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Working at Liz Claiborne gave me the opportunity to work for a major retail giant in their Export Department. I learned about all the different regulations to ship finished garments, jewelry and perfume to different countries
Pros
Had own cafeteria
Cons
Not much room for advancement and salary wasn't reflective of my job duties
unstable
Inbound Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 11, 2018
Sometimes the atmosphere can be very disturbing. Fault is always pushed onto the employees. always division between departments. upper management was out of touch with employees.
Pros
A Job
Cons
Not appreciated
Liz Claiborne
Director of Distribution (Former Employee) –  Olde West Chester, OHFebruary 6, 2018
Life at Liz was fast paced and ever changing. We had a fun work environment. The New Jersey team was some what detached from the operation team and occasionally needed re-calibrated on the process flow.
I loved working at Liz Claiborne. If my boss had not left the company, I would not have left the organization.
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
I was able to partner with a dynamic executive and use many of my skills and abilities. The culture was very team oriented. I was able to partner with co-workers and other executives. In many cases, I was able to coach other administrative assistants.

Managing a complex calendar and problem-solving conflicts was challenging. I applied my quick thinking and partnering skills in efficient management of this task.

A typical day was providing comprehensive executive administrative support: scheduling meetings and conference calls, screening calls, gate-keeping, readjusting the schedule numerous times, preparing meeting materials, coordinating with other executive assistants both in and outside of the executive office and company. I assisted and worked with all levels of employees, executives, the media, and outside vendors.
Pros
partnering with a dynamic executive
Cons
working sometimes until midnight to complete tasks.
Very productive place to work .. Love it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Fast pace but lots of fun from management to co workers like a family. Very productive worked hard .. Wished they never closed I still would've been there..
Pros
Free lunches, incentives, insurance 2 weeks vacation after 90 days..
Cons
They closed I don't approve of the CEO because they closed such a great company.
Great company to work for
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2018
A typical work day was 8 hours. The management at this company was encouraging and supportive. The workplace environment was positive and friendly. They often promoted within the company.
Firm was going through transition
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Liz Claiborne was going through a major transition after 11 years of being there. Brands were being sold, licensed, or closed altogether. Everyone was impacted by this and the morale was extremely tough.
Pros
Learned my foundational HR Skills
Cons
Compensation
Very nice pleace
Receptionist/ Junior Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Liz was a very good place to work with. I was the receptionist for the CEO and vice president for Liz Claiborne. Sometimes assist CEO and Vice President when their admin‘s are not available or on vacation.
Pros
1 lunch
Cons
Breaks
Retail and Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 27, 2017
This position was a PT position while I was attending college for my undergraduate degree. It was an Outlet Store located in the Liz Sport southern distribution warehouse.
Pros
Flexible and unobtrusive during my college studies
Cons
None really.
Great work environment. Lots of travel to exotic places.
Manager R&D/Replenishment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2017
Although I work there during a time that the company was going through a lot of transition my personal experience was positive one. My direct manager and her direct reports were an extraordinary group of people that I learned a great deal from.
Pros
Strong leadership, benefits, fun work environment.
Cons
Company went through major re-organization during my tenure.
Supervisor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 8, 2017
I work as a supervisor and enjoyed it. There were a number of customers to assist and this made the job interesting. I kept in touch with clients to let them know about promotions.
This was a great place tp work
Credit and Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJSeptember 29, 2017
Management was supportive, in particular my Director who imparted to me by concept. The culture was diverse with great benefits and discounts.

Hardest part of the job was in the morning going though our exception reports that could sometimes take hours to go through but in the end is worth it..
The department no longer exists
Liz2U Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Learned a lot from management. The Liz2U program was shutdown after I left.

Shipped B2B
Inventory Management
Built a reporting database using MS Access that exported reports in Excel.
Supervised a team of 5 reps.
Pros
Employees were great
Cons
lack of motivation
Senior Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJSeptember 1, 2017
Good place to work. Was early every morning and stayed as necessary. Some of the best people the work with. Hated to leave.
workplace culture was professional but friendly. Hardest part was release nights. Best part was release nights food. Management was very professional.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
great company not in business anymore
Field Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2017
While there longevity great company fair hourly rate and flexible. worked for them in all the various companies and divisions that they had. I serviced clothing as well as jewelry and accessories.
Pros
fulfilling work
Cons
no mileage
High Stress, but worth it
Junior Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2017
High stress and long hours, but great environment to learn all the ins and outs of this business. Extremely professional teams, all working collaboratively.
First corporate job.
Applications Manager / IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 4, 2017
This work experience was the best of my entire career whether it was the 'times' or the people 'at the time' things were so relaxed and yet professional.
great place to work
Quality Assurance Inspector/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pocono, PAJuly 28, 2017
company relocated, I have worked in QA for 17 years. I learned a lot and grew. I was a inspector to inspect product .My managers taught us a lot and worked with each one to learn to the fullest.
Pros
great placeto work
Cons
company relocated
Company with very good benefits
QA Technician, Pick, Pack (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 27, 2017
It was a very good company in the area,
Good pay
Very good benefits
I did enjoy working for them
Very good management
A lot of discounts for employees
Favorite Job
Fashion Apparel, Manager Global Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  West Side Ave., North Bergen, NJJune 23, 2017
By far, my role at Liz Claiborne was my favorite. I was hired in 1994 as the LAN/WAN Supervisor and realized successive promotions before reaching the role of Global IT Communications Director in 1997. This title encompassed the development and management of the global data, voice, and video networks. I excelled and was well liked by company management.

I managed a great group of technical folks and never could work hard enough for them. My bosses, from IT Director to CEO, trusted me and were a joy to work for.