Liz Claiborne, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 10, 2016
College, part-time position, that had flexible hours which was much needed at the time. Gained great sales/managerial experience.
Liz Claiborne Inc
Office Manager / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJ 07047March 25, 2016
A wonderful company to work for. It has a very face pace work environment. The day to day work routine requires a person to multitask.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
High Turnover rate
pleasant working environment
Accounts Payable Representative (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJanuary 4, 2016
Working for Liz Claiborne was the best that could have happened to me. There was a very pleasant working environment, great co-workers and a great learning experience. I had the chance to work in different departments, and received proper training and support from the rest of the employees. Liz Claiborne offered me great benefits and the chance to learn. I really enjoyed working with different vendors from different parts of the world and being able to help them, I had the best supervisor and director there, they trusted me and gave me he confidence I needed to perform my job accordingly.
Pros
sample sales, health fairs, discounted gym, free coffee
Cons
Productive and fun workplace helping women of all shapes and sizes
Retail Operations Coordinator/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 26, 2015
A typical day at work as a sales associate involved helping women of shapes and sizes with their fashion needs. I learned that in retail business, good customer service with the right merchandise is essential in connecting with right audience which contributes to the success of the company.
Overall good company. An icon in the fashion clothing industry!
GM, Director of Distribution - Mount Pocono Campus (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PADecember 24, 2015
Excellent culture. Unfortunately went through some significant consolidation and reorganization as the fashion clothing landscape changed and closed or sold-off many major brands.
Pros
Excellent work culture
great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GADecember 17, 2015
great place to work. The employees there were great. The ay was low compared to other local retailers. No room to advance. But great balance of work life and home life.
Pros
great employees
Cons
low pay
friendly environment plus we were all cross trained
GOH receiver/picker/stocker/packer/inventory (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PANovember 20, 2015
liz was a great place to work. thy kept us busy and the management staff was friendly and helpful the place was clean and the building had security which was great for us workers who worked the night shift. the hardest part f the job was knowing that the plant was going to close and we had no say in th decisions. over 100 people lost their jobs
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
times just sitting around waiting for work
Great place to work. Fun environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2015
Working along the side of great manager and co-workers and learning from them was the best part of my job. The company had great incentives for the employees.
Clothing Store
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurburn HillsNovember 9, 2015
This store were for women. I ran the register, organized the floor, ran the dressing rooms, and I was also over the rest of the cashiers.
GREAT benefits, Management team
Quality Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAOctober 12, 2015
Great benefits, great organization, Management was GREAT always willingly to jump in and help when busy season got out of hand.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleges and learning from them. I have built some really amazing friends.
Pros
Lunches, great benefits, organized Management
Cons
N/A
Productive and fun workplace.
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAAugust 31, 2015
Great Job, you were noticed for your hard work and compensated for it. Plenty of room for advancement. Organized and everyone knew what they were doing and what they needed to do to get the work done.
Pros
work place atmosphere, benefits, time off, pay, co workers.
Cons
They closed down ... :(
Easy job.
Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was reporting to work. I really enjoyed training the new employees and doing my job to the best of my ability.
Cons
Good place to work but advancements and benefits was not good at all
Customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALAugust 18, 2015
Worked in Retail for about 20yr started at the age 14. Management was micro management to the point that it was very hard to do your job are implement any of your own management skills
Pros
Close to home, loved my co workers and supervisor
Cons
Awful benefts that was very costly. No oppurtunities for advancements
Fun enviornment, people friendly, great benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILAugust 10, 2015
I started out as a sales associate and worked myself up to assistant manager before the store unfortunately closed. I had a great work experience at Liz Claiborne, especially communicating with the clients that I was fortunate enough to help
benefits
Cons
store closed
Loved my postion and people
QA Coordinator Liz Claiborne (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJuly 6, 2015
Getting information for associates to get started, learned a lot about garment industry, management was great and very understanding. Co-workers were always busy but very personable. Hardest part was keeping everyone informed of style issues.
Pros
Made alot of money
Cons
Went out of business
This was a great job while I was going to medical billing/records school
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJune 29, 2015
I worked at Liz Claiborne because I needed somekind of income while I was going to school full-time to get my medical biller/records degree. This job was perfect for me at this time as the hours were very reasonable.
Pros
My employers worked around my schooling schedule
Cons
Pay wasn't good
Productive and Fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, VTMay 29, 2015
Great family owned business. Staff meetings in mornings before store opened and a great working environment, Leaned how to merchandise and was able to take classes in Customer service. Co-workers were great and had a family atmosphere. Fun part was being able to go own buying trips to New York City and really taking ownership of t your department.
Pros
Great Parties, Family Atmosphere
Cons
No healthcare
A challenging place of employment that is fast paced.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 28, 2015
A great place to work. I received a lot of support from upper management on job development. The company had services that helped employees in need .
Pros
The benefits
Cons
They quit their distribution operations.
A very high paced corporate environment where everyone felt like family.
Retail Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMarch 25, 2015
I enjoyed the daily interaction with the retail stores. At one time there were over 600 stores spread over 6 brands. Over the years, I placed orders for over 700 store openings.
A job I truly loved, but unfortunately the company was sold to JCPenneys and we all lost our positions.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
A great company where everyone worked together to insure their jewelry lines were the top selling brands in department stores. A typical day was I was responsible for up to 10 jewelry brands, ensuring stock was out, was set to planogram, and selling to customers. Our management was top notch and my coworkers and I worked together. The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility when I was raising my family, and the hardest part of my job was no longer working there as the company was sold, because I thoroughly enjoyed merchandising.
Pros
flexible hours

4.2