LKQ Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

steady work place
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Caseyville, IL 62232July 26, 2016
job security and plenty of hours available to work. hard place to work for tho. expectations are a little too high for what is done at this location.
Pros
plent of hours if you want to work them
Cons
attitude at this place is horrible
great company
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 2, 2016
the owners and management always made you feel like family. Toyota has a great product and the dealership is great with the overall car buying experience and customer service
Na
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJune 27, 2016
I really appreciate the opportunity this company has given me and I love being able to contribute to the team. But as of now, I'm really looking for a company where I can showcase my many skills and abilities .
see review
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 24, 2016
The plant manager & I did not see eye to eye on many issues, mostly regarding safety issues and disrespect towards the employees.
Cons
local management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2016
You work with customer and help them with their purchase. Its a hands on job. Its a job with many responsibilities. Its a team player job
Great place to work if your a self starter.
OutsideSales Rep (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 21, 2016
Travel on a daily basis to cover large territory in lower Michigan. Great co-workers in the sales department. Must be self starter and self motivated. Sales in business to business, cold calls, and maintaining established customers.
fun job but terrible management
Heavy Equipment Operator/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 17, 2016
as the title says was a fun job but poor management overall, dont really know much else to say excepting i learned some valuable skills
Pros
okay pay
Cons
micromanaging
Great Job
Title Clerk, UPS and freight processor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 31, 2016
Great management.
Great coworkers
Worked as a title clerk. Received cars and imputed titles

Love this job.
Had to move due to wife promoted by her company
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
perfect job if you have no life
Car Buyer / Parts Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 28, 2016
They promise you raises and have no intention of ever giving you a raise! 2years I worked here and worked in every possible position and then they let other people, who don't deserve anything become some sort of manager. Huge heads!
Don't ever plan on having a Saturday or a Sunday off!
You're only as good whatever you've done that day, forget what you have done before that day! You're just a body there to make LKQ richer!
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Micro Manage, no overtime, idiot people, terrible work environment
dead end job
Dead End Job (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 27, 2016
They paint a nice picture when hiring employs, they promise you advancement, and that their is a lot of opportunities because its such a big company, don't be fooled. You get stuck in that place
Pros
Great people
Cons
Dead End Job
Not a place that has your back.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXMay 20, 2016
The management team lies every chance they get. They want you to work 15 hour of work in a 9 hour shift. They don't care if you get hurt. They do NOT have workman comp. They will lie to get out of paying the bill.

The only good thing about this place is the people as in other employees. They will have your back. You show them respect and they do the same.

If OSSA or city of burleson knew all the problems at that store it would not be there.
Pros
Not any
Cons
To many to list
Productive place to work
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gorham, MEMay 18, 2016
Got our of college and right away got a job. Extra hours whenever I needed them. Learned a lot about heavy equipment operations. Good place to work.
the most enjoyable part of my job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Livingston, LAMay 17, 2016
I would say that the most enjoyable day of my job is when i have the chance to see a smile on my customers face when they are having a bad day. when i walk in the room no matter whats going on i try to leave my customers with a great experience and a smile because i can see that the person before me had upset them in some type of way so for me i know that in order for me to have a great day is by me saying something funny or just doing something kind that will show them that someone cares and that tends to go along way because i know that the next one behind me will have a better day when they see the smile and joy ive brought to that customer
Pros
tips great conversations
No training, No benefit and no feedback
Price Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 11, 2016
I was the only one doing my job, I train myself despite of mix information I am getting from the managers. The company don’t have no sick time and you accrue vacation very slowly.
Good job but not orginized
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 10, 2016
LKQ is a good company to work for but the management and organization is very poor and can be unprofessional. But overall the job itself is nice being out on the road and doing deliveries.
too many unessary changes
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 9, 2016
The manangement could never give you a straight answer and they constantly talked bout cutting overtime but continued to increase drivers workload.
Great when demand is high
Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 6, 2016
A typical work day is minimal challenging, basic job, great for meeting new people and companies.

Basic cleaning, mopping, sweeping, and cashiering skills.
Pros
great for networking
Cons
down times are very slow
Good Job
Inventory/Quality Control Tech/Driver Check (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 4, 2016
Good job to get a career going, beneficial for people who are wanting to advance the basic skills of office work. Always alot of hour if you want to get a lot of hours.
Pros
Uniforms provided and washed, voucher for work boots
Good Place to work- FAQ's from former employee
Tire Dismantler (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 18, 2016
This is one of the few companies I have worked for that I am giving a high score to, and I have had a lot of good experience from this job. This will be a rough overview/FAQ - type review, my experience was at LKQ/Keystone in Leominster, Massachusetts.

This job was a well - run balance of work and life by your typical standards of a full time job. $12/hr, 5 days a week, even paid overtime for the weekends at your pay rate. They wanted you there at 0700 hours and would work until 1700 hours, and every day was a new experience. I worked in CORES/Tires, so I got to see quite a bit of the place. Your compensation/benefits are available after a probationary period, as were your days off/paid vacation.

Job Security was simple: Do what you were told/do the job, adhere to the standards of safety, and no problems. The brilliance in its simplicity of it was great for a former military man such as myself, and I never felt lost in the directions given to me. On the other end of the things, I also felt pleasantly challenged by the workload, which was plentiful and ever-present. I cannot speak of Advancement, because I was not there long enough to advance to a position in management or otherwise.

The Management was nothing short of the following; Direct, Concise, and they had no problem with correctly managing problems on-site or reminding us that safety was the priority in the mission. They also demand the best quality their employees can handle.

The Job Culture is mostly Guys, so Ladies might have a harder time fitting into the dismantling culture than other areas like sales
  more... or the front counter. This is not sexist in any way, it's just that guys like to joke about inappropriate things, and the Ladies might take offense to some of it.

To summarize:

-Well Balanced
-Long hours offset by a fair wage
-Directive Management without the awful Micromanaging
-Mostly Male-run corporation
Pros
Great for Former Military, Good amount of work, Good Management
Cons
Guy-run means Ladies will have a hard time fitting in.
Fun Workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 17, 2016
I liked going to work do to the employees that worked there. They made the job go a lot faster. I would answer phones 8 hours a day and buy old,used,damaged, non working vehicles. The hardest part of the job was leaving it to try and find something different. Management team was really awesome and was very helpful and enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LKQ Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8