LMI Aerospace, Inc. Employee Reviews

Overall LMI is steady work and people are friendly.
Lean Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 22, 2016
A typical day at work requires being on time and focusing on the work. In some plants management listen to suggestions and ideas and others not so much. Coworkers are typically friendly. The hardest part of the job is when jobs are late and there is pressure to get it out. The most enjoyable part of the job is when people work together as a cell.
Pros
The work is steady and typically routine.
Cons
Pay is not as good as the big Aerospace companies.
Trying to grow too fast
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 21, 2016
Management is trying to grow too fast for their own good. There's a revolving door of employees quitting and new ones taking their place. There is absolutely no training involved with new hires, some who have never held a tool in their life, and they are unleashed on the plant floor to scrap assemblies out immediately. They have no interest in employee retention. Raises are nonexistent. Everyones plan is to get hired on, get your experience, and move on to another company. The coworkers were the only good part about the job. Upper management is a joke.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Clueless management, poor hiring policy, no pay advancement
Over worked under paid
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Cuba, MOOctober 18, 2016
The pay scale for the job of Lab Technician is too low. working with hazardous materials. time sensitive work add to stress. Long hours and mandatory over time affects home life
Low pay unorganized and unprofessional
Hydropress Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 11, 2016
Low pay. Very unorganized. Had a "Recovery Plan" for everything. Also planning wasn't on top of changing priority of orders. Had lots of late orders and scrap which in turn lowered the bonus. Company is more interested in becoming billion dollar company even if it means closing plants down and shipping work out of country. They did that to my old plant.
Pros
small plant lots of personal interaction
Cons
low pay
Upper Level Management Issues
Employee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 8, 2016
Lip Service to employees as a stop gap of exodus, no follow through with promises and / or statements made at the higher levels.
productive work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Coweta, OKOctober 6, 2016
in a work day we achieved quit a bit with minimal mistakes. I've learned how to run new machines while working there and how to use hand held equipment. the management at my plant wasn't so great. most of my coworkers were honest and hard working. the hardest part of the job was learning code and learning blueprints.
Pros
good location
Cons
short breaks and short lunches.
Senior Engineering Technician - Project Leader (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2016
Positive people with a great working environment and professional attitude. I have always enjoyed working here. 19 years this coming December.
New Management, New direction and Improved work life
Production Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 6, 2016
Previous management at Savannah LMI ran the place into the ground which left former and current employees feeling shellshocked. With a new outlook and a new identity LMI Savannah is truly on the upswing. There are five 8hr shifts, your off by 2:30 and the day goes by fast. The pay is good should you decide to stick around, and the benefits are better than expected. The personnel is great to work with and everyone is driven to succeed as this is a good time to be here.
Pros
Great working environment, weekends off & Better management
Cons
Short breaks, operating system not quite up to date
Fun and very productive environment
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOAugust 12, 2016
LMI is going thru a culture change and most folks are embracing it. Soon LMI will be a force in the Aerospace manufacturing market.
Fading into the sunset
Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJuly 8, 2016
The company lacks the ability to secure work in a timely fashion. The biggest fear is that your current assignment will end without knowing what you will work on next.

Also, when work is lacking and the decision has to be made to let people go, the choice is not dependent upon the employee's abilities or skills. Rather, the decision comes down to who is currently working and who is currently waiting for an assignment.
i liked what i did but got moved around way to much for me.
paint prep/ oven operater (Former Employee) –  Cuba, MOJune 17, 2016
always coming in and getting with people on shift ahead of me finding out were we were and what needed accomplished first. People i worked with were some of the best coworkers i ever worked with. the hardest part of job for me was the two days out of the week i came in with two shifts combined for 4 hours and having all the work coming at me at once.sometimes it was a struggle but always seemed to manage.
Production
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 23, 2016
Salaried personal with very flexible schedules but hourly very restricted. Enjoyed greatly specific work projects and co-workers. Local and corporate management so focused on monthly sales feel they have lost vision of future.
Pros
Personal job fullment and coworkers
Cons
Management sales direction
Horrible place to work!!!!!!
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 18, 2016
I originally worked for Valent Aerostructures. LMI acquired them a little over a year ago.

Valent was not a great place to work for and I had high hopes when we were acquired that things would change.

I was so wrong as time has passed our facility was run into the ground where it now sits. the management is broken and is does not care about the employees. they cut corners as much as they can and sacrifice quality for a quick product. I was a long time employee and sacrificed many years and lots of time to this company in hopes of advancing, instead I was cornered into a single job that I did without hesitation and went above and beyond for the management when they promised crazy time frames to the customers.

Absolutely no respect for the employees or the fact that they have lives and families outside of the job.

My coworkers were incredible though. They were the reason I stayed and the only thing that made my job fun.
Cons
bad management, favoritisum to certain emplyees who do not pull their weight
A great company to work for!
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAApril 17, 2016
On a typical day at LMI, I will help set up production, read the work order provided and pull the material necessary to complete the tasks given and then pass it on to the next step.
Sustainment Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAApril 14, 2016
This is a great place with good benefits, not a lot of upward mobility. You will work a long time before being recognized.
LMI Aerospace Auburn Plant is producing defective parts for BOEING
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 8, 2016
I brought a lot of experience to LMI and knowing this, I believed I would move up to a management position. Was I ever wrong! First of all, there is an "Inner Circle" of long-term employees that make life very difficult for the new people, it's so difficult that most new employees quit within the first week of employment. I've been in many meetings where the long-term employees would laugh and joke about how long a certain new employee would last.
Management made it very difficult for me to maintain my sanity as an inspector, my job is to find nonconformities and I found plenty. Pretty much on an hourly basis. These were not just little discrepancies, this stuff I wouldn't use on my car let alone an aircraft. Instead of listening to my reason they automatically would dispute that anything was wrong even before looking at the discrepant part. To top it off the Quality Manager can not interpret a specification correctly. I tried to explain several discrepancies to him but he disputed with emotions instead of logic.
This is a FACT, LMI/Auburn is manufacturing aircraft parts for BOEING that are defective!
Pros
n/a
Cons
Management is committing FRAUD
Layoffs and poor management
Production (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 4, 2016
No advance, low pay, terrible benefits just to name a few of the things wrong with LMI. They just laid off two thirds of the workers. Now operating with a skeleton crew. Don't waste your time here. Find a real future.
Pros
Cons
name it, its all bad
Senior Accountant
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMarch 30, 2016
Prepare and Review all Balance Sheet equity accounts and process stock transactions. Quarterly and Annually preparation and review of the Financial Statements provided to the SEC.
need better management
Quality Production Operator/ Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 25, 2016
LMI needs a lot of work in a lot of different areas. They have a lot of good people that work here but no appreciation. Constantly micro manage every move you make.
Pros
they have fun thursdays
Cons
management issues and bad work environment
Not enough communcation and team support
Hourly Employee (Current Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAFebruary 22, 2016
Too many fire drills, management reacts instead of being proactive, not enough communication amongst management and employees and no real forecasting.
Pros
easy going work force, everyone gets along
Cons
no clear directions from management, too many fire drills and not enough attention to detail.

2.6