LMI Aerospace, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stressful
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 28, 2017
Management don't know what they are doing. People throw one another under the bus. Management seems to not care about their employees, it's all about profit over employees
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management is horrible, and long hours
chaos
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 28, 2017
at times total chaos. some would like to say controlled chaos.. most everyone knows what to do but in a moment it changes. sometimes we are sent home early as we do not have enough parts to finish builds..
Pros
nothing comes to mind
Cons
long hours, mandatory OT
Great company
Sr. Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville ALAugust 28, 2017
They treated me very well in the year + I worked there. USG customer terminated the contract. LMI is a great company to work for. I would recommend them to anyone.
Pros
salary
Cons
USG location
no comment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOAugust 20, 2017
ok company to work for management could be a little better you work 10 hours a day seven day a week and as a contractor you really are not granted an free days off
Pros
some deptarments are better than others
Cons
honda pylon program needs some adjustments
Okay job
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 10, 2017
Slow to react to changing market. Middle of the road benefits. Not a lot of incentive to perform as the bonus structure is lacking and there is a lot of uncertainty in the company due to a buyout in July.
day at L.M.I.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working and communication with all the empolyees.Staying busy and putting my handsto work and something that is significate as airspace is great opputunity.
I know the importance of having your eyes and mind on the task at hand to enable qaulity of work.
i enjoyed working with main superviser, he was ahoot.
Pros
christman and bonuses
Cons
having to work solo sometimes on large projects
Just would not pay there employees or go through management like crazy and there vacation sucks you could never get enough saved up to actually do
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 3, 2017
It was not good at all it was awesome running the machine but management sucks would not above them for anything just getting time saved up to get off was so hard and half the people there did not have a clue on how or what to do half the time it was crazy
A good company with an employee friendly environment
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJuly 28, 2017
Well managed company. Good working culture. Pay is good as are the benefits. They do their best to make sure the employees have the tools needed to get the job done. The support staff does a good job of supporting the employees working at the client site.
Pros
Well managed company
Cons
Small company, not a lot of room for advancement.
Waste of time.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2017
This company is "on track" to crash and burn..Poor management, no team environment, and pay is below average. Do not waste your time here. You have other options.
Not a good place to be
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 24, 2017
The upper management team is based on a buddy system which puts everyone else out as far as advancement in the company I would not evr recommend this place to anyone

Pay is horrible

Management treats employees horrible
Work to the bone with nothing to show for it.
Internal inspector (Current Employee) –  Cuba, MOJuly 15, 2017
Hard work is not appreciated, for it is never enough. The companies structure keeps changing against the favor of the employee. ALL employees are under paid, and over qualified for the positions that are held.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
work like a slave
Sucks
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 28, 2017
If you get a job at LMI you will regret it. Management sucks and they will work you 14 to 18 hours a day. If your sick dont think you have sick days. There is a point system with 3 points you are fired.
awful management
stock clerk (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2017
when i was there the management didn't know what they were doing. could not tell you how to do your job let alone theirs. it was an awful environment to be in.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no pay
Poorly managed. No communication
Coordinator - Office Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 18, 2017
When I first started at LMI, it was a great place to work. I enjoyed my work and the people I worked with. Over the last year, they have announced a Merger, and started laying off hard working people. It is a very stressful environment now, and everyone is worried they will be next to lose their job.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Lack of communication and urgency
A Good Place in Flux
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 13, 2017
This was a difficult review to write as the company is currently undergoing changes. I'll try to provide as much useful information as possible, but bear in mind that much of my experience now comes from hindsight. The growth at LMI may have altered the current experience somewhat. Also keep in mind that the only reason I left is due to my job transferring, and my inability to transfer with it.
LMI strives to maintain a professional culture, and they've made significant progress on standardizing the experience across all sites. These are not mom and pop shops. Employees are expected to dress and behave professionally. One can go to work without the worry of harassment from fellow employees or from management. Safety is given a heavy focus, as well as emphasis on Continual Improvement activities. A quick tour of the Cottonwood and Hillside facilities will give you a good idea on the top notch professionalism LMI is trying to achieve all round.
Like many Aerospace companies, the hardest part is dealing with unexpected work hours arising from needing to work a critical or AOG job. Now that the Primes are requiring Suppliers to use 5-Why and Fishbone analysis for reviewing the reasons why these arise, I expect there will be a focus to reduce of these incidents in the future. And while the hustle was always difficult, nothing beat the gratitude received from a happy customer!
Overall, LMI always treated me fairly, and they actively looked to ensure for my well being. If one shows initiative, a good attitude, and a willingness & aptitude to learn, the sky really
  more... is the limit. I started at minimum wage with no knowledge in aircraft and 20 years later, ended my tenure in a salaried leadership position, training others on the "how to's" of manufacturing, engineering interpretation, and inspection. LMI was there helping me learn and grow every step of the way.

If improving yourself and working within a growing company is something you're interested in, LMI is definitely a place to look into!
Pros
Great opportunity to learn and grow, celebratory meals!, most sites have climate control, a close working relationship with your fellow employees
Cons
The constant change can be overwhelming at times, unexpected/unplanned critical jobs
Interesting opportunities
Site Purchasing Agent and Technical Aide (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 12, 2017
This facility (formerly Intec) is a potential powerhouse in the future, has great potential. Management was supportive and capable, the team is a strong one.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Small compared to corporate
Okay place to work
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOMay 30, 2017
No one follows processes. Everything is rushed so that everything is needed ASAP. For the most part people are nice, but with the poor performance you're always worried about layoffs
Good company for which to work.
Administrative Assistant, HR (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 16, 2017
Good company for which to work. Training and experience beyond which they hired me; however, while I did the work I did not have the title.

Good training.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Company in transition
poorly ran
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 3, 2017
Long Hours abusive environment the company was trying to grow but lacked the funds to hire qualified employees. They would then work the employees they had very long hours. There was no money for raises or incentives. there was a 52% turnover rate and all jobs that were indirect work were threaten. All employees looking outside for better wages and benefits.
Pros
People on the floor were hard working
Cons
Insurance
Good starting place in the aerospace industry
Machine Operator level 3 (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOMay 1, 2017
Semi-relaxed, great people and management, non-union, and I have learned a lot .Hardest part is that there is minimal training and have to learn and and experience it hands on. Most enjoyable is the experience of doing things yourself like, inspections, setting up the machine and producing a good part.
Pros
friendly and helpful employees
Cons
the pay structure