LMI Aerospace, Inc.

LMI Aerospace, Inc. Employer Reviews

A great lesson in how to buy successful companies.......
Former employee (Former Employee), USNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great goals to move up in the "food chain" of aerospace suppliers...
Cons: .....matched only by the total incompetence of how to realize those goals
......and run them straight into the ground.

From LMI's website:

"What makes LMI different? Unlike some manufacturers who simply "ride the tide" of the industry, hiring when business is booming and down-sizing when the economy tightens up, our focus is on long-term success. We seek strategic, long-term business relationships with our customers; a – more... balance of industry sectors (commercial, business and regional, and defense); and selective domestic and international suppliers to help ensure our viability in a highly cyclical industry. We take pride in the longevity of our workforce, our goal of job security, and the contributions we make to our communities.

Ask any of the (past) professionals at the formerly successful D3 Technologies, (a 2011 Boeing Supplier of the Year), how much pride LMI takes in the "longevity of our workforce", and their "focus on long term success".
The Everett, WA office alone collapsed from over 120 employees less than two years ago to less than 24 today, with virtually the entire long-term management of the former D3 Technologies Everett office voluntarily resigning.
And D3 is but one example of LMI's "success" in it's recent acquisitions. Bravo....bravo. – less
Fun place to work with many new challenges
Customer Service Scheduler (Former Employee), Auburn, WANovember 11, 2014
Great group of employees, but it is sometimes hard with all the changes.
Decent job, not many benefits
Assembler (Former Employee), Woburn, MAOctober 16, 2014
Job is to create water pumps and ship them to specific companies. Same routine every day. Learned how to create a water pump. Only a few co-workers, worked as night shift, not as many as day shift. Overall, a very quiet environment. Hardest of the job is communicating with the co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is having the boss be satisfied – more... with the pumps we create. – less
A random hodge podge of very overworked and frustrated people
Rather not say due to fear (Former Employee), Cottonwood FallsOctober 15, 2014
Pros: decent pay for rural area
Cons: poor management, corners being cut in various areas including safety, hazmat, and people development
An average work week consisted of 8am-4:30pm and 6pm-10pm on M-F and 10+ hrs on Saturday for maintenance and Sunday was catch up. When asked for help for over a year got a semi-motivated high school kid that was more of a hinder than positive. Was aloud to work as much overtime as needed then was let go and was told "this isnt a halfway house" by the – more... GM because he had something personal against me.
I am Navy vet of almost 10 years so I don't mind doing what it takes to get work accomplished and make sacrifices along the way for the greater good but being forced out and the official reason being; I caused "undocumented" conflict in the workplace is a big a joke as the management. Not to mention being bad mouthed to unspecific leaders in the community after dismissal, for what reason??
In my opinion this is borderline criminal and VERY lacking in morality!! Another example of unprofessional management being, employees getting second and third chances after failing a drug tests for various drugs.
There are also many corners being cut like safety where the training is a joke due to it being a collateral duty and not a main focus of the management or another example, OSHA rules on HAZMAT not being followed causing potential hazards. – less
unhappy place to work
Lead Shear/ Chop Saw Operator and Receiving (Former Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 4, 2014
Cons: short breaks no batherroom breacks
they drug test you ever 3 month if you have tattoos co-works steal from your locker
Inventory, receiving, customer service
Shipping /Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, great co-workers
Cons: waiting on ups
Enjoyable atmosphere and relationship with this family oriented company.
Very productive workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Acton, MAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: friendly management
Worked in a fast paced environment. Followed water pump assembly line for accurate manufacturing.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
QUALITY DEPARTMENT, Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: easy going mom and pop type of enviroment
Cons: pay could be better.
Inspected New Aircraft Sub Assemblies.

Learn how to complete First Article Inspections.

Management were understanding.

Co-workers were very willing to help each other.
New Corporate Leadership behaviors
Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2014
Uncertain where the ethics & culture of the LMI organization as went. Work force reductions in play yet continue to hire directors???
High Level of Job Security
Customer Service Representative/Production Control (Current Employee), St. Charles, MissouriApril 28, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
5:30 am - 3:30 pm M-F
Learned Supply Chain/Demand management
Management is average
Co-Workers are Great!
Good Job Security
good place to work
CNC Machine Operator. Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Sun Valley, CaMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free monthly lunches
Cons: good shedule of breaks
Controlling Tooling equipment by using MS Excel. Managing 4 to 12 workers. Operating CNC Mill and Lathe Machines
frustrating
packing/picking (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2014
Cons: no health care, low pay
managers will take advantage of their workers by making them do more than what they supposed to.
Very good company to work for
Senior Machinist (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Cons: beneifits could be better
it is a good place to work. great atmishere, the people are great. fun place to work.
Assist. Plant Manager
Assist. Plant Manager (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 26, 2013
Pros: good to see the end product ship out.
Cons: long hours (12-14) hour days
Responsible for all daily shipping/receiving and production operations and activities. Directed 9 department supervisors and 140 hourly team members. Align staff and resources with work flow requirements. Create and present weekly/monthly production reports.

• Authored policy changes that were accepted and implemented by senior management (changed – more... from drilling slots to a punch press process).
• Reduced overtime saving $115K in my first full year with LMI. – less
Lots of challenging work for me.
Engineering Assistant II (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 10, 2013
Pros: challenging.
Cons: did not promote from within the company.
I enjoyed working at LMI for most of the time I was there. I was always challenged and had the opportunity to learn and cross-train within the organization. I did not like that personalities played a major part in the day to day nor did I like that good employees were not rewarded within the company whether through compensation or promoting from within.
Challanging Business
Customer Service - Business Development (Current Employee), Mendham, NJNovember 24, 2013
Exceptional business regarding client care and business development.
Great Place
Order Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits, job securtiy, feeling needed in your current position.
Cons: location, time commuting
I take care of orders for the company. In my department we work with our customer's purchase order's and the changes they make to them throughout each ones validity dates. I was taught everything here, I had no manufacturing or order entry background coming into this position. I was taught how to read the orders, enter them, check for errors, and confirm – more... pricing with several of our customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is I like to solve problems, so when buyers email me their issues and I handle them for them it makes me feel good. The hardest part of the job is being dependent on other people to handle some issue. In example, I can't release an order for a customer until pricing matches their order and our quotes. Sometimes this doesn't happen and our quote is valid, that issues has to be handled with the customer. They need to release me a change with the correct price first before I can release the order. Sometimes that doesn't happen in a timely manner but it is completely out of my control. – less
Not fun at all
Production Operator (Current Employee), Pooler, GAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: help you with knowing more about aerospace parts
Cons: shot breaks co worker tell on each other
HR is a joke, Always having meeting about co worker thats not true so they can keep your pay down... Not a good place to work at all unless you butt kisser so you can move up quicker
Ok place to work
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), St Charles MoSeptember 25, 2013
assemble airplane parts, management is ok, co workers are the best part of the job
LMI is a primative place to work they are way behind the curve in the Manufacturing
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Savannah gfa.August 1, 2013
You spend your whole time wondering about getting in trouble for something you did not do.

They treat workers like kids

About LMI Aerospace, Inc.

LMI Aerospace doesn't have to "just wing it." The company makes key airplane structures such as cockpit window frames, fuselage – Read more