Established company in Ulster county NY needs to fill a key Tool & Die Maker's position.
We are looking for a highly motivated and quality minded professional to join our team and fill a key position. This individual will work closely with supervision and manufacturing to optimize machine set up times, create and maintain fixtures, jigs and tools to produce tight tolerance custom and repetitive components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities / Other duties may be assigned per management's discretion.
1. Work from blueprints, sketches and verbal communication to make, rework and repair various
standard and non-standard tools, fixtures and gauges.
2. Set up and operate a variety of tool room machinery including a wire EDM.
3. Verify dimensions, alignment and clearances of component and finished parts.
4. Design jigs, fixtures and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts.
5. Select metals for specific projects from a range of materials based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerances.
6. Responsible for filling out and managing all production and quality documentation as required,
7. Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
8. Follow all company rules, policies and regulations.
Job experience minimum 5 years tool making.
Ability to work productively with minimum supervision.
Proficient in the set up programming and operating of a wire EDM.
Excellent math skills needed, Metric and Standard calculations, basic and advanced measuring techniques. Must be able to calculate dimensions, percentages, tolerance windows area and volume.
If you are interested in joining a great team that operates in a working environment of openness, trust and mutual accountability with company paid health benefits. No inquiries by phone will be accepted.