LOANMAX Title Loans Employee Reviews

Good pay, bad company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 14, 2017
Poor training. Paid very well. Busy work schedule. Expected to reopen after already closing down if a customer approaches. Expected to wait on multiple customers at a time.
Horrible management
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2017
Very hostile work place. Rude management. They don't work with you in days off. Will write you up for calling off for a family emergency. You spend 8 hrs a day getting screamed at by people you can't help because everything is set in place.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management
Do not work here
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMarch 30, 2017
Yes its full time, yes its good pay.. How ever management is terrible and there is no importance in your personal life whatsoever to them. Selfish company. No importance in the employees. No promotions. No understanding needs. You have to be a robot to actually enjoy this job.
never work here
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 27, 2017
This company is the worst company I ever worked for. This company is a slow paced and never have customers in the store and time dragging job.

The job includes for the day calling customers letting them know when there payment is owed for there title loan and leaving a voicemail or answering the phone or cleaning the store or helping the rare customer that comes in to process a title loan or make a cash payment.

I reccomend never working for this company they do not understand human life and needing time and is all about the clicks within the company with there people have been with them for years.
Pros
lunches and breaks you took whenever
Cons
horrible company
Decent Job Initially.....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 23, 2017
I worked for Loan max about two and a half years. Management is shady in all areas, everyone is clicked up. No room for advancement, I don't recommend
Pros
Weekly pay, bonus every year, flexible scheduling, laid back environment
Cons
Terrible management, Imagine being in high school again.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 17, 2017
This company is horrible to work for. Upper management doesn't know how to do there jobs Everyone talks about about one another. If you like to kiss up then you will fit in , if the area manager doesn't like you forget about it. Security is horrible they expect someone to stay till 7pm by themselves with some days having over $5000 in cash. You have to call for almost every approval and half the time they don't pick up specially after 6pm or weekends because there home. Don't ever say how you feel or else they will tell you " if you don't like it there's the door " a lot of there long term employees are leaving , and did I mention no raises or advances.
Pros
Cons
Punching out
Fun Place
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 22, 2016
Every customer is greeted and welcomed. Never say NO to your customers but to always have something to offer even if it's something that's not what they are looking for.
Workplace
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2016
I have the skills for computer work
I can controller for computer and network and I can connect web cam and I can made the big monitors LED for street
Cons
Computer
Do not apply
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAAugust 25, 2016
Not a good place to work for. Do not believe in this companys views and values. Worked here for a while. You got absolutely no raisesPoor working conditions!! Your title is csr, but you are a collection specialist and a loan originator plus run the store on most cases by your self. As far as training on site, well they do not train you very much.
Pros
Cons
Pay, work conditions, safety.
Upper management is terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Central ohioJuly 2, 2016
I worked for this company for 3 years and was let go for no reason. Said poor job performance but I proved them wrong thru unemployment. If your area manager doesn't like you forget it! I enjoyed my customers and most of my job but job security was terrible. Do not. Go to this company unless you want to work for terrible management.
Pros
Customers one and. Only one co worker
Cons
Upper management

Want to know more about LOANMAX Title Loans?

Ask a question
Good pay, horrible job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 5, 2016
I almost work for loanmax for 2 years. Everything about this company is bad. No raises, no advancements unless someone in the area leaves and you are lucky enough to advance of course if you kissed your area managers butt. They hire anyone!!! The store managers are shady and only care to fit in not do their job. Overall ok wage but the people you work with is just horrible.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
Great stepping stone as far as Customer service experience
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2016
Typical day at Loanmax requires doing collection calls & processing car title loans. I have learned a lot especially not to judge customers based upon appearance. Management is decent as long as you do your fair share of work.Hardest part of the job is collection calls trying to get late customers to make their payments. Co-workers are great!
Pros
weekly pay, room for advancement
Cons
healthcare benefits collection calls
dangerous place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  SUPERIOR, WIApril 2, 2016
manager unskilled, cannot handle her job. job is collections. ALL DAY LONG....owners are Barbie dolls and only want to hire young women. company has no compassion. send you out the door with tons of cash to transport in your own vehicle to bank.
Bondage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2015
This is the WORST place to work for! You paid little to nothing in very unsafe environments. They didnt care about the employees, they made you work later hours, even after you agreed to a set schedule. i went from customer service to collections in a few months. The customers are usually in poverty which cause many different attitudes. The managers are in clicks and have no loyalty. You are are expected to do the mangers work without thier pay. They will have you cover the store manger shift whiles theyre on vacation. The company would open a new location and not even consider you for the position. i lasted 8 months the pay was even worst for the amount of work you do.
Pros
sometimes the customers are awesome
Cons
short breaks, terrible managment
perfect place to work if you love to work crazy hours
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHNovember 28, 2015
crazy hours and crazy amounts of work are the status quo for loan processors at LoanMax...there is no opportunity to balance work and personal life
Pros
good money
Cons
horrible hours and way too many collections calls per day
Living life on a eggshell
csr (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 24, 2015
I've worked here for about two months. Everything I said or did I would always get pulled to the side on. management is very shady and backwards. They would give a dog a loan really anyone. I got terminated when really the store manager did a loan for someone that didn't meet the income requirements! They know most of the people will never pay back. Its a ripoff and everyone is buddy buddy with everyone there. If you fit in with everyone and kiss ppls butt you will never get fired. I would get in trouble for the little things. A waste of time and I walked on eggshells my whole time there. Its not worth it.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unprofessional
Nothing going good for LoanMax!!!
CSR (Former Employee) –  Columbus OHMarch 17, 2015
Bad wages, bad management and horrible benefits. Cannot wait to be done with this dump. There's no set procedure for anything every store and everybody does things their own way. Company doesn't care about yu just about their numbers. Awful benefits. Hope you don't get sick or end up in the hospital because you'll go bankrupt. Management is shady, the customers are rude and have bad breath. No raises!!!! I repeat; no raises at all. A lot of hard work for peanuts.
Pros
Paid holidays and Sunday's off.
Cons
Horrible company to work for!!!
CSR (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 26, 2015
I only worked at the Charlottesville store for less than 2 weeks and it was one of the worse companies that I've ever worked for. I got no real training in that time period and the manager (Erin) was really rude. The workers talked about customers and past employees really bad as well as talk about their competitors to customers. They were very unprofessional and all they wanted to do was eat when I just wanted to learn my daily tasks. The area manager (Dave) comes in once a week and sits at the desk in front of customers and just eat and talks bad about past employees. I would not recommend this job to no one unless you don't mind potentially getting fired for no reason!
Pros
Good pay, every other weekend off
Cons
Unproffesionalism, area managers are just big kids
No room for advancement, poor pay, kids as area managers
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  ohioOctober 13, 2014
basically at this job you will get paid poorly, the benefits are horrible, and if you expect the yearly raise this is not the job for you. However if you are friends with upper management and like to gossip I have great news for you.you will get promoted. This company does not promote off of merit.
dIstrict managers do not have any type of college education which is ridiculous.you can work hard, stay late ,do your job, and it will not get recognized. And the health benefits they do offer is so expensive, you could never afford it with what you get paid hourly. They basically will give any and every customer a loan, knowing they can't afford it. Then blame you when the customer does not pay, claiming your not doing a good job on your collection calls.not only that they expect you to open up the doors earlier then you're supposed to And expect you to stay later than the actual store hours. Oh and by the way they will switch the stores hours to being open later of course. And only give you a few days notice. This place is a joke, not a place to build a career.
Pros
employees
Cons
benefits, no raises, don't promote within, lack of communication, pay, hours, management
Career suicide!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Career Suicide....I worked at Loanmax for 2 years as a Store Manager. My ultimate goal was to advance within the company. The first few months was rough a lot of different people from all over the company visiting my store explaining what's expected. One thing I noticed immediately is that there is not a lot of structure. Everybody does what they want whenever. I had an employee who called off repeatedly and my area manager never addressed it. He was not concerned about people calling off or coming in late. When it comes to evaluating job performance I guess it's based on how well you get along with the area manager because the ones who hang with them are the main people who get promoted. If you work hard at this company they do not recognize you. So don't waste your time. The key factors to making it in this company is being fake....acting and kissing up!
Pros
U get paid weekly, no structure
Cons
no structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LOANMAX Title Loans. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2