The Institute for Public Strategies (IPS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of communities.
IPS is seeking a part time Video Support/Computer Tech/Website Specialist to carry out technology related tasks at the organization’s multiple office locations. This is a very hands-on position that requires the ability to multi task and exceptional prioritization skills. This part time position is located in IPS’s administrative headquarters based in San Diego, CA. The position could require potential travel.
This position will be responsible for providing company-wide support in the following areas, either directly and/or through collaboration with other resources across the organization:
- Video Editing and video department support
- Website maintenance and administration
- Technology leadership and support
- General software and hardware support for PCs
- Video editing and production using Final Cut Pro.
- Evaluate options per policy and purchase and maintain computers and related system components including contract for internet service, phone service, interface with advanced computer tech, software installation, email troubleshooting, printing issues, etc.
- Provide employee support and maintain web-based storage of company files
- Perform weekly backups of company’s shared file system
- Provide support to all offices / employees as needed
- Implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security.
- Support our internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support Microsoft related technologies.
- Support Google related technologies.
- Remote access solution support: Remote Desktop
- Install, configure and maintain wireless devices.
- Install, configure and maintain laptop/desktop software/hardware onsite and remotely.
- Maintenance and administration of company websites using Contribute and Dreamweaver.
Essential Behavioral Traits:
- The successful candidate is a high energy individual who demonstrates flexibility in work priorities, capable of multi-tasking and operating efficiently and effectively across multiple areas of responsibility.
- This person can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks as they arise as well as adapt and respond quickly to opportunities. In addition, this person has demonstrated ability to put a plan in place and follow through to the end and, related skills of good time management, managing deadlines, and good team relationships.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and high comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- This person will have the ability to diagnose computer and technical issues and has the ability to solve problems and remain up-to-date with current and emerging technology.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar position.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace and ever changing environment.
- Familiarity with Final Cut Pro Software for video editing.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Familiarity with computers system and terminology to effectively work with IT support.
- Familiarity with Dreamweaver and Contribute for website maintenance.
This is a part time position which offers health coverage and other generous benefits.
No relocation assistance available.
Must have valid California Driver’s License, have car insurance and own a reliable vehicle to use during work.
See website: www.publicstrategies.org for descriptions of current and past projects.
Email cover letter, resume, and salary history.
In accordance with ADA guidelines, reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified and able to perform the functions of this position.
The Institute for Public Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.