Leading Property Management Company seeking an experienced, full-time Porter for a large student housing property near East Carolina University in Greenville, NC. Position includes a competitive pay and excellent benefits.
The Porter is responsible for cleaning/janitorial and light maintenance duties for an apartment building near East Carolina University. The Porter will also assist the maintenance supervisor in maintenance related tasks. The Porter reports to the Property Manager.
- Ability to follow directions and to see tasks through to their conclusion
- Strong organizational skills
- Average written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous apartment building maintenance/janitor experience preferred
Responsible for property cleaning including the daily vacuuming of hallways, trash removal, common area cleaning, and maintaining both interior and exterior building appearance.
Responsible for general apartment unit and common area maintenance including appliance repairs, painting repairs, carpet repairs, plumbing repairs (including unclogging toilets), replacing light bulbs, preventative maintenance and other general maintenance tasks that may be requested.
Removes and installs appliances as necessary.
Responsible for promptly responding to maintenance service requests in no more than 24 hours.
Responsible for helping maintain an organized shop and proper replacement part inventory levels.
Professional interaction with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc. Including wearing the proper uniform provided by the management company.
Will perform fair housing training when required
Works on-call, overtime, weekend, holiday, and evening, and emergency work as required.
Will perform other tasks requested by the property manager.
- Frequent lifts and carries up to 100 pounds.
- Pushes and/or pulls (appliances) using dolly
- Frequently bends/stoops, climbs stairs, kneels, balances, reaches above shoulder height, walks, and twists