Local

Local Employer Reviews

I Enjoyed helping people in need of my services.
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Contra Costa CountyMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great management skills learned
Cons: no full time positions open
In July of 2011 I started my own private business called My Assistant, which is a personal pick-up and delivery courier service. In my business I would be on call for my clients, some who couldn’t drive, to pick up items such as food and groceries, office supplies, dry cleaning, prescriptions etc. Through this business, I was able to support myself while I was in school and pursuing my C.N.A degree and License, for a whole new career in the medical field.
Productive and Safe work place
Laborer (Former Employee), Morgantown wvFebruary 24, 2015
I got to the job site. Started mixing mud.
I learned how to drive a forklift.
Management was good, very organized. The hardest part of the job was building scaffolds. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people and finding out their skills and what they are capable of, so that I could better myself as one.
Productive, great salary, good atmosphere
Heavy Dirt Equipment Operator (Former Employee), BaltimoreJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good money, great benefits, time for family, it was great
Cons: lay off time no work was a bummer
I loved working here, just got out when the economy went bad, there was no work, it was a bummer
Very fun and friendly atmosphere.
Iron Worker Apprentice (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: not a career
I learned how to interact professionally and enjoyed working with the public.
self employed business
Journeyman Iron Worker (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXDecember 31, 2014
My company,would have liked to see it grow but just wasnt lucrative enough at the time.
great experiance
Driver (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 26, 2014
Pros: driving is an easy job
Cons: company owner sold company
typical day would consist of a lot of driving, picking up or dropping of client or dealership vehicles. moving them around, in or out of the shop, getting finished vehicles ready by detailing them, for client pick up or drop off. management/ co- workers were ok. hardest part of job is doing everything in a certain amount of time. most enjoyable part of the job would be the fact that I got to drive around the latest model luxury vehicles.
great work place
JOURNEYMAN CARPENTER (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great pay, benifits
Cons: if you worked 5 months out year.... it was alot
Worked in N.Y City, Union job. always something different. Had a strong bond with co-workers. 8 hour a day....
Easy job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), PrairievilleOctober 29, 2014
A pizza delivery driver distributes pizzas and related products by driving a vehicle, often a light truck, van, car or bike. They pick up pizzas from the franchise, load pizza container and deliver pizza once they reach their destination.

These professionals must be familiar with the routes and shortcuts in order to reach to their destination quickly. They also require handling paperwork, such as obtaining a recipient’s signature, when a pizza been delivered. They must collect payment at the premises of customer.
work was great
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee), kansas city missouriOctober 24, 2014
Pros: same
Cons: same
typical day was go over safety protocol review the day prior if applicable, go over blueprints and attack the day.
I learned how to manage my time efficiently and be more productive.
my coworkers performed well for me and took good direction due to mutual respect. in a lead position I don't have to befriend a person but I feel get more production out of a person by treating them as i8 want to be treated.
nothing is hard just a new chance at overcoming.
the fact I have a job and being out in the elements as well as having something tangible at the end of the day
Loved being a medical claims examiner
Medical claims examiner (Former Employee), Jamaica, NY/NYCOctober 18, 2014
Pros: learning about insurance compaines.
Cons: train ride
Very busy. I learned how to pay a medical claim. I found out what was covered under some insurance and what wasn't. I paid medical insurance companies and medicare premiums. Management was run exceptionally well. My co-workers became my friends. Hardest part was the train ride when we moved to NYC. Most enjoyable was learning.
A productive workplace with a genuine staff.
HEALTH BENEFIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Garden City, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: half an hour for lunch. limited health benefits.
Start working on the computer posting payments. Call companies to discuss information or documents in order to complete invoices. I learned to be patient, hardworking and delegient. I brief management on the status of the work. My co-workers are genuine. The hardest part of the job is listening to the members' complaints and issues and trying to help solve their problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the members express their gratitude and thankfullness for helping with a difficult problem.
Hard Work,Great Pay with Benifits
#2 Sheet Metal Journeyman (Former Employee), Local 2 SheetmetalSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: super pay, great benifits
Cons: no seniority, lack of work
Educational and Up lifting with a lot of good benifits. Super job and great pay.
Physically demanding yet rewarding job.
Lather / Iron Worker (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2014
My day consists of early mornings and late nights. The majority of my duties were to pour concrete and lay down rebar. I also trained apprentice workers since I was a senior apprentice.
Interesting Side-Jobs
Babysitter, Beta Tester, Entrepeneur (Former Employee), Bristol, TNJuly 8, 2014
Had a good time experimenting with projects. Know how to handle less-than-optimal software situations thanks to my beta experience. Learned how to work with children after caring for my young brother and his friend. I know have entrepreneurial experience after trying to start a small convenience store of sorts.
Learned a great deal
Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee), Hobart, INJune 11, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: long hours, can't rely on work opportunities
As a union millwright contractor, I learned something new every day. Every piece of machinery is a little different, and it's unrealistic to expect to know it all. The work is physically demanding in less than ideal conditions. It's the hardest job I've ever had, but at times, extremely rewarding. The hours are long and it can take away from family time. Sometimes I spent so much time with the crew, I knew more about them than I did my own friends or family. The bonds built are similar to those I experienced in team sports which is nice, but it is hard to be away from home. The wage and benefits usually make it worth while though.
Learning Experience
Journeyman Millwright (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 27, 2014
Pros: travel, short term jobs.
Cons: away from family, short term jobs, breaks in pay and jobs
I was able to travel throughout parts of the country working at various large companies for many different contractors. I have worked in steel mills, car palnts, paper mills as well as other companies.
Talking with customers, helping them get what they need, building trust and respect with employers.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 15, 2014
Pros: relationship with customers, developing skills/ learning....
Cons: other employees not communicating/ helping
Learned a lot about commitment, drive, reaching new goals, and challenging myself.
Fun
Self Employed (Former Employee), Pittsburg, TXMay 9, 2014
Refreshed my carpentry and math skills. My coworkers were exciting and friendly. It was a exercising job.
Labor foreman
Construction Labor Foreman (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 6, 2014
Pros: worked on many commercial projects. close job sites.
Cons: no room for advancement
Direct 10-20 employees on construction site and give direction to complete daily tasks as per supervisor or general contractor.
Construction work is not bad, when you can get enough work.
Member-Laborer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: good work for the pay.
Cons: you never know where they're going to send you.
My job was odds and ends type of work. Where ever they needed me, and whatever needed to be done.

1 2 3 4