Local Employee Reviews

Exciting work with new challenges everyday
Drillrunner/Foreman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2016
Busy law firm when i was there the office was on 14 wall street. I looked forward to what i was doing and being on the big apple was a dream come true.
Pros
Learning law
Cons
was still in college at the time
Tioga Public Schools
Physical Education Teacher / Athletic Coach (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDDecember 8, 2015
I feel that although the work place was stable, I could advance, and I enjoyed what I did on a daily basis, I was not able to continue due to personal illness.
Rewarding Health Care experience
Registered Nurse on the Sub-Acute Rehab Floor (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAOctober 16, 2015
Working on the Sub-acute floor is not just rewarding in terms of obtaining and learning new nursing skills and working with the entire health care team for the benefit of the patient, it is also about looking above and beyond basic skills and practices or basic signs and symptoms interpretation towards the patient as a human being and make his\her transition towards health as comfortable as possible.
It was really a cool place to work.
Sheetmetal Worker/HVAC Installer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 31, 2015
We would meet at the job and get a plan together. I learned how to work with allot of different people. Management was awesome! The co-workers were a great group to work with. My favorite part of the job was learning all the different applications.
Pros
I liked lunches on Friday.
Cons
Some of the jobs where really hard at times.
Babysitters Job
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLAugust 23, 2015
I would wake up at 6 am to get the children while the parents went off to work. Usually they would eat their breakfast as soon as they came over. Then we would watch cartoons until about 7 am (when everyone else was awake.) Then we would play with their toys etc and read books. Then walk to the park which was right by my home and they would play with the other children. Then come back inside and play computer games. Later they would take a nap and have their lunch and then it was time for parents to come. This was a routine but sometimes we would go to other parks or walk around my neighborhood. The hardest was getting them to sleep. The most enjoyable was when they learned to read books and read them to me. I learned about the responsibilities of taking care of children.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short naps
Very Productive days and always busy
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 3, 2015
When work is provided it is an amazing job. There is always work that need to be done one the site. The secrurity is very high and the plants are well protected.
High skill and project based assignments
JOURNEYMAN, PIPEFITTER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2015
Each project provides and opportunity to sharpen skills, learn something, and leverage existing skills. Each project will require a different level of knowledge and an opportunity to function in a different role (team player vs. managing team).
Built the Ontario Mills Mall
Stage Tech (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaJuly 30, 2015
It is a beautiful Mall, I've been there many times and it's holding up well. I worked construction and form setter. Worked five days a week pouring concrete, a tough job but it was well worth it and the pay was great.
great career
Journeyman Millwright (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 7, 2015
training all provided, great co-workers, High Quality, High standards.

this is not a job but a lifestyle and career. 100% participation in Union workers is needed.

great pay, great advancement possible, great training, great benefits.
Pros
pay, retirement funds, health care
Cons
Lay off time
Extensive Labor work field
Plumber & Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2015
Not secure, always layoff due to reduction enforce. An employee can never work a steady schedule. An employee can be laid off more months than actually working.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/a
Creative Thinking and Fun
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 3, 2015
Great apprenticeship and excellent benefits compared to other trades out there.

The ability to have other local members teach you a trade and to understand it gave me a sense of passion to want more and learn more in order to advance myself to management.

Very Challenging, yet fun while working safely.
Pros
great benefits, great pay potential
Cons
long apprenticeship for 6 1/2 years
EVERYTHING ALL IN ONE
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 14, 2015
BASCIALLY A ONE MAN CREW, PER SHIFT. DID ALL MATERIAL HANDLEING, BILLING, CLEANING, MAT. WORK, OPERATING ROBOTS, ANYTHING THAT WAS NEEDED.
Pros
DIDNT HAVE SOMEONE WATCHING OVER YOUR SHOULDER
Cons
NEVER HAD ANY HELP OR DIRECTION FROM CORPORATE
Company perks
Steamfitter (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 3, 2015
Great place to work with amazing benefits packages. Big organization with potential to move around and advance. The training is by far the best in the industry and unlimited, the only limitations are the individual.
Pros
Great benefits packages
Cons
Layoffs
Achieving improvements for local businesses.
Government/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 1, 2015
Daily involvement with local and state elected officials in advancing ideas and business practices. It is my duty to work not only at developing a climate and experience to grow business within the state. It is a climate and a system that requires knowledge and ability to move within and connections to achieve desired results.
Fun workplace, learning experince
Team Leader (Part-Time Every Weekend) (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILApril 14, 2015
My typical day of work consist of working the cash register, making hot sauce cups, bagging food, and cleaning. What I learned was to save money as kid. The management was awesome because it was family owned. All my co-workers were friendly and were like family. The hardest part of my job was squeezing homework in before I left to go home. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to eat what I wanted for free and that it put money on my pocket as kid.
Pros
Family Owned/Taught me how to save money as a kid
Cons
Family Owned/ So I was pushed harder
Enjoyed Teaching at the Apprenticeship
U.A. Instructor (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 12, 2015
As with most companies, there's politics. My tenure as a teacher the school was when the UA Local experienced many political bouts between the apprenticeship leadership and the local union leadership.
Pros
teaching
Cons
office politics
I Enjoyed helping people in need of my services.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Contra Costa CountyMarch 5, 2015
In July of 2011 I started my own private business called My Assistant, which is a personal pick-up and delivery courier service. In my business I would be on call for my clients, some who couldn’t drive, to pick up items such as food and groceries, office supplies, dry cleaning, prescriptions etc. Through this business, I was able to support myself while I was in school and pursuing my C.N.A degree and License, for a whole new career in the medical field.
Pros
great management skills learned
Cons
no full time positions open
Productive and Safe work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown wvFebruary 24, 2015
I got to the job site. Started mixing mud.
I learned how to drive a forklift.
Management was good, very organized. The hardest part of the job was building scaffolds. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people and finding out their skills and what they are capable of, so that I could better myself as one.
Productive, great salary, good atmosphere
Heavy Dirt Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreJanuary 7, 2015
I loved working here, just got out when the economy went bad, there was no work, it was a bummer
Pros
good money, great benefits, time for family, it was great
Cons
lay off time no work was a bummer
Very fun and friendly atmosphere.
Iron Worker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 2, 2015
I learned how to interact professionally and enjoyed working with the public.
Pros
the people
Cons
not a career