LocalEdge Employee Reviews in United States

No place to go
Digital Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 26, 2016
Unable to use my skills to advance. Feeling stuck. No where to go. Not learning anything. They are more about the quantity rather then the quality. Sales reps need more training.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Horrible raises if not any
LocalEdge is not a place to stay at too long
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 25, 2016
LocalEdge is an OK place to start your career, but don't stay too long. Seniority doesn't mean anything to upper management. Everyone can be replaced.
productive and fun work place
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 6, 2015
daily work we used to work for 8 hours,my co-workers were helpful.I have learnt how to be a teaem player.the most enjoyable part of the job is every day .
ups and downs
Digital Media Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 11, 2015
this place had new management as i was on my way out, but I loved working with my manager and trainer. the old coworkers that were there before i was hired were horrible and hateful. they attacked anyone new and tried to undermine the new management.
Poor Managment
Digital Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 8, 2015
They are not the nicest people to work with. They treat you like they own you, just because they give you a salary. They say they can make you work when ever they want. They do not believe in the fact that a sales team is how they make their money.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work when ever they call, for as long as they say
Great co-workers horrible management
Digital Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 9, 2015
The management had no clue what they where doing and whenever you asked them a question and they where wrong...the management would still tell you the wrong answer because they were never wrong.
A good place to work.
Office/Sales Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 21, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment here and would gladly return. I enjoyed the challenges of meeting deadlines, and helping the sales team to learn new sales techniques and new technology use.
Pros
small office environment.
Cons
huge corporation
At one time, yes.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 22, 2014
Saw it from both ends, management and sales rep. Upper management is unsure of itself. They react, instead of act, They are losing a lot of business to companies that have products and services that work. They don't value experience, band put too much emphasis on young college grads over experience and loyalty. This is why turnover if so rampant. You can have six months of great sales, miss a month and a half and you're gone. They brought in execs from another company, even the guy the other company pushed out. Now how smart was that? Now LocalEdge can't seem to shoot straight.
Pros
some of mangers have a clue
Cons
most of the managers don't.
Pretty laid back environment, fair management
Digital Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 10, 2014
I worked for this company for a couple of years in a few different departments. Each was pretty different, and each had their up's and down's. Often times volumes were pretty high due to strict deadlines. Procedures were often changed and roles and responsibilities were switched around when things weren't working. Sometimes, the changes were no better. In some cases, there was a bit of micromanagement going on that was usually bad for employee morale. Also, lots of repetition in each position, often leading to some burnout due to lack of variety in each role.
Good
Web Design Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2014
This is a great company to work for. It is growing and people are positive.
Good Place to Work
Senior Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 25, 2014
Localedge has helped me grow in my young career. The customer service skills I have learned and leadership duties I have taken on have given me a strong feeling about the company.
Great starting point for sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2014
I was able to start my career in sales through LocalEdge and learned a lot of the technical aptitude for sales through this job. I worked with a great team of co workers and some superiors. It was good to see clients and their operations first hand.
Fast pace and cutting edge products.
September 2011 Digital Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 17, 2013
On the cutting edge of technology with their digital product suite.

I learned the latest marketing techniques for B2B sales for internet marketing...SEO,SEM, SMM, Text Marketing, Email Marketing etc.

Management team locally was superior, national manager tended to micro-manage.

Co-workers provided a great team spirit.

Long Hours!

Improving a local business internet marketing.
Pros
establishing great relationships with clients.
Cons
long hours!
Fun Time
Digital Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 15, 2013
They offered a great product and for 5 years I was able to perform above quota requirements and received many bonuses. In April 2013 I was called to the corporate office to participate on an advisory board. In August 2013 a new president took over from outside the company and on August 30, 2013 60 of us were let go. I would be hard put to recommend this company.
Growing Company
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMay 14, 2013
Complete Priorities
Running Reports
Dealing with Vendors for products
Training on new products
Assisting other areas of department to ensure deadlines are meant
Pros
close to home
Cons
opportunities to continue to grow
Bad Management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMay 14, 2013
Nothing nice to say about this company.. Gave many years for them and was treated very badly in the end.. Tons of customer calls about billing and fraud reps are pushed to the limit and micro managed if you are in good with the upper class managers you will survive over turn is high..
A company on a downhill slide....
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeast RegionMay 2, 2013
This is a company that suffers from delusions of grandeur. Sadly, they just can't seem to live up to their potential. Nepotism runs rampant and has led to employees placed in positions of authority for which they completely lack the skills or temperament. The leadership culture is one of "burn & churn", with employees treated as expendable resources. Specifically, sales compensation plans are often changed to limit earnings, and salaries for much of the sales force have been slashed by 50% or more as of late. Upper management will swear that earning power is increased under the new plans, which is entirely true, if you are able to maintain 100% of your account base and continue to add new clients each week. Unfortunately, in the real world, this company has a terrible track record of customer service and technical fulfillment which makes it nearly impossible to retain customers. When cancellations are submitted, management insists that sales reps and support personnel continue to harass the client via phone and in-person. Most often, this is done by insisting that the rep must meet with the client in person to sign unnecessary paperwork. The client is then subjected to more sales pitches. When the client insists on cancelling, other representatives of the company are sent in, and when that doesn't work, managers are sent in....and when that doesn't work, the original sales rep is sent in again. You get the idea. The entire time this is taking place, the account is still considered active by the company. Don't get me wrong, every good sales organization should make a solid attempt  more... to retain existing customers and win back former customers, but when it borders on harassment and you don't take no for an answer.....

This company also has a tradition of driving out good talent through mismanagement bordering on abuse. In my time with LocalEdge, I was impressed by the knowledge and skills of several members of the mid-level management team. Those managers were often poorly treated by their superiors and devalued to the point where most have left the company. Examples include being forced to travel to markets outside of their area of responsibility for months at a time, well-respected and high-performing managers being demoted into sales roles without warning, and pay cuts like the ones mentioned previously. It is an incredibly difficult environment to manage in and an even more difficult environment to work in.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management driven by nepotism
Productive and fun place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 9, 2013
Really enjoyed working with this company. The staff in the satellite offices were a great group to work with.
Pros
great people
Cons
lack of job security
No sense of management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester NHFebruary 6, 2013
I attempted to work here for 6 months and it was the worst job I've ever had. The pay is horrible and the products you are trying to sell are not professional.Every week I would watch a person leave the company. The management was a joke. They didn't care and acted like you were worthless. Customers were always upset because the product looked cheap and their rep changed all the time.
Cons
everything
Negative Management and ineffective Environment
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 6, 2013
A company that constantly brags about being a " 6 Billion Dollar corporation" --- yet, does nothing to support the LocalEdge division.
Continuous implementation of childish contests in an effort to build competition amongst co-workers. Very negative upper-management.
Myself-- and, 5 others were Laid Off last year-- without any notice, and- I was the top new account developer in our office.
I have nothing good to say about LocalEdge. They are the unloved step-child of Hearst Media. Hearst laid-off 200 Sales Reps last quarter. LocalEdge is a sinking ship. DON'T DO IT.
Cons
a big lie

2.3