LocalEdge Employee Reviews

Poor Managment
Digital Media Consultant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Work when ever they call, for as long as they say
They are not the nicest people to work with. They treat you like they own you, just because they give you a salary. They say they can make you work when ever they want. They do not believe in the fact that a sales team is how they make their money.
Great co-workers horrible management
Digital Media Manager (Former Employee), Amherst, NYMarch 9, 2015
The management had no clue what they where doing and whenever you asked them a question and they where wrong...the management would still tell you the wrong answer because they were never wrong.
A good place to work.
Office/Sales Support Manager (Former Employee), Olean, NYOctober 21, 2014
Pros: small office environment.
Cons: huge corporation
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment here and would gladly return. I enjoyed the challenges of meeting deadlines, and helping the sales team to learn new sales techniques and new technology use.
At one time, yes.
Area Manager (Former Employee), North CarolinaSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: some of mangers have a clue
Cons: most of the managers don't.
Saw it from both ends, management and sales rep. Upper management is unsure of itself. They react, instead of act, They are losing a lot of business to companies that have products and services that work. They don't value experience, band put too much emphasis on young college grads over experience and loyalty. This is why turnover if so rampant. You can have six months of great sales, miss a month and a half and you're gone. They brought in execs from another company, even the guy the other company pushed out. Now how smart was that? Now LocalEdge can't seem to shoot straight.
Pretty laid back environment, fair management
Digital Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 10, 2014
I worked for this company for a couple of years in a few different departments. Each was pretty different, and each had their up's and down's. Often times volumes were pretty high due to strict deadlines. Procedures were often changed and roles and responsibilities were switched around when things weren't working. Sometimes, the changes were no better. In some cases, there was a bit of micromanagement going on that was usually bad for employee morale. Also, lots of repetition in each position, often leading to some burnout due to lack of variety in each role.
Good
Web Design Coordinator (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2014
This is a great company to work for. It is growing and people are positive.
Good Place to Work
Senior Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 25, 2014
Localedge has helped me grow in my young career. The customer service skills I have learned and leadership duties I have taken on have given me a strong feeling about the company.
Great starting point for sales
Account Executive (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2014
I was able to start my career in sales through LocalEdge and learned a lot of the technical aptitude for sales through this job. I worked with a great team of co workers and some superiors. It was good to see clients and their operations first hand.
Fast pace and cutting edge products.
September 2011 Digital Media Consultant (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLOctober 17, 2013
Pros: establishing great relationships with clients.
Cons: long hours!
On the cutting edge of technology with their digital product suite.

I learned the latest marketing techniques for B2B sales for internet marketing...SEO,SEM, SMM, Text Marketing, Email Marketing etc.

Management team locally was superior, national manager tended to micro-manage.

Co-workers provided a great team spirit.

Long Hours!

Improving a local business internet marketing.
Fun Time
Digital Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 15, 2013
They offered a great product and for 5 years I was able to perform above quota requirements and received many bonuses. In April 2013 I was called to the corporate office to participate on an advisory board. In August 2013 a new president took over from outside the company and on August 30, 2013 60 of us were let go. I would be hard put to recommend this company.
Growing Company
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYMay 14, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: opportunities to continue to grow
Complete Priorities
Running Reports
Dealing with Vendors for products
Training on new products
Assisting other areas of department to ensure deadlines are meant
Bad Management
Office Manager (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHMay 14, 2013
Nothing nice to say about this company.. Gave many years for them and was treated very badly in the end.. Tons of customer calls about billing and fraud reps are pushed to the limit and micro managed if you are in good with the upper class managers you will survive over turn is high..
A company on a downhill slide....
Manager (Former Employee), Southeast RegionMay 2, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management driven by nepotism
This is a company that suffers from delusions of grandeur. Sadly, they just can't seem to live up to their potential. Nepotism runs rampant and has led to employees placed in positions of authority for which they completely lack the skills or temperament. The leadership culture is one of "burn & churn", with employees treated as expendable resources. Specifically, sales compensation plans are often changed to limit earnings, and salaries for much of the sales force have been slashed by 50% or more as of late. Upper management will swear that earning power is increased under the new plans, which is entirely true, if you are able to maintain 100% of your account base and continue to add new clients each week. Unfortunately, in the real world, this company has a terrible track record of customer service and technical fulfillment which makes it nearly impossible to retain customers. When cancellations are submitted, management insists that sales reps and support personnel continue to harass the client via phone and in-person. Most often, this is done by insisting that the rep must meet with the client in person to sign unnecessary paperwork. The client is then subjected to more sales pitches. When the client insists on cancelling, other representatives of the company are sent in, and when that doesn't work, managers are sent in....and when that doesn't work, the original sales rep is sent in again. You get the idea. The entire time this is taking place, the account is still considered active by the company. Don't get me wrong, every good sales organization should make a solid attempt – more... to retain existing customers and win back former customers, but when it borders on harassment and you don't take no for an answer.....

This company also has a tradition of driving out good talent through mismanagement bordering on abuse. In my time with LocalEdge, I was impressed by the knowledge and skills of several members of the mid-level management team. Those managers were often poorly treated by their superiors and devalued to the point where most have left the company. Examples include being forced to travel to markets outside of their area of responsibility for months at a time, well-respected and high-performing managers being demoted into sales roles without warning, and pay cuts like the ones mentioned previously. It is an incredibly difficult environment to manage in and an even more difficult environment to work in. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCApril 9, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: lack of job security
Really enjoyed working with this company. The staff in the satellite offices were a great group to work with.
No sense of management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Manchester NHFebruary 6, 2013
Cons: everything
I attempted to work here for 6 months and it was the worst job I've ever had. The pay is horrible and the products you are trying to sell are not professional.Every week I would watch a person leave the company. The management was a joke. They didn't care and acted like you were worthless. Customers were always upset because the product looked cheap and their rep changed all the time.
Negative Management and ineffective Environment
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHFebruary 6, 2013
Cons: a big lie
A company that constantly brags about being a " 6 Billion Dollar corporation" --- yet, does nothing to support the LocalEdge division.
Continuous implementation of childish contests in an effort to build competition amongst co-workers. Very negative upper-management.
Myself-- and, 5 others were Laid Off last year-- without any notice, and- I was the top new account developer in our office.
I have nothing good to say about LocalEdge. They are the unloved step-child of Hearst Media. Hearst laid-off 200 Sales Reps last quarter. LocalEdge is a sinking ship. DON'T DO IT.
A Joke
Sales (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: made some good friends
Cons: any part of the experience
Don't waste your time here. The turnover is constant, which should tell you that this is not a place to find a career. Just a pit stop for those needing a bridge from one job, to the next. And management treats the staff that way. This place is a turn and burn. Except for the biggest suckups, never seen anyone work there longer than six months. Knew one guy I worked with that was one of their top producers for over a year. Had a bad next quarter, and was fired. Only take this job if you have nothing else, and enjoy being micro- managed.
Good training, poor sales leads, poor management practices
Digital Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: sales contests were fun
Cons: bad leads, negative managers, lack of respect for their employees
I worked in the digital telesales dept. Our job was to sell landing pages and advertising to companies to increase their position within search engine results. The leads we worked from were mostly that of large corporations who have an internal IT department that handles their websites and internet marketing, whatever was left over seemed to be small mom and pop businesses in rural towns. Don't get me wrong, there were some good leads provided to us, but they were few and far between.

Management was always negative and hovering over the call center putting the pressure on you to make a sale. After 60 days I was told by my manager that it was time for a review, so at 10AM my performance review was given. The next day I was fired after returning from my lunch break at 12:30! They fired over 50 people that day!! The HR rep encouraged me to apply for another job within the company, so I did. I had an interview 2 days later. After being interviewed by a panel of 3 people, I was given 5 minutes to finish a 3 question test. After 2 minutes the test was taken away! THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF DECEPTION & LIES!!!!! STAY AWAY
Localedge is a very strong Company who offered their Employees Extensive Cutting Edge Training.
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 30, 2012
No day is exactly the same
Hearst Media/Office Manager, Digital Coordinator (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHNovember 14, 2012
Pros: great staff to work with
Cons: communication
Process all contracts and submit
Verify and process all payments
Daily reporting using Excel
Setting up weekly Video Conferencing
Trouble shooting any issues with returned contracts
Ordering all office supplies and maintaining budget
Solve IT problems
Set up New Sales Representatives in system
Submit and process HR paperwork for representatives