LocalEdge Employee Reviews

Great Marketing Job for someone Goal - Oriented
Multimedia Executive (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 9, 2018
Great Marketing Job for someone Goal - Oriented. Cold Calling is a major part of the job so if you can't develop new relationships through cold-calling, not for you.
family enviornment
National Sales Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 26, 2017
I loved working for LOCALEDGE but they downsized so our whole department was strategically let go including my boss. I would have retired there but no one uses the phone book anymore so they had no choice but to start making cuts.
Pros
fair breakes and lunch hour
Cons
non
LocalEdge
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 26, 2017
Localedge is a wonderful place to work, lots of training, talented people. It's a sales organization, so it can get stressful, but that is not unusual. Management always willing to help
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 27, 2017
Fun work environment
Positive staff
Engaging manager
Constant training
Flexible hours
Team mentality
Que system not the greatest
No room for growth in position
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
No room for growth
Great place to learn direct sales
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 4, 2017
As a seasoned sales member I thrived in their machine. I witnessed young college professionals transition and do very well with LE.

Products however are inferior to the competition and extremely high priced.
Part time seasonal work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 7, 2016
Worked with a team of great people we worked together well. Managers were of great help keeping the teams of workers happy. The work place's were kept up clean and well organized. Time in and out were overseen by manager. Promotion opportunities were offered in house first.
Pros
Coffee and tea were provided.
Cons
Part time cut backs.
No place to go
Digital Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 26, 2016
Unable to use my skills to advance. Feeling stuck. No where to go. Not learning anything. They are more about the quantity rather then the quality. Sales reps need more training.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Horrible raises if not any
LocalEdge is not a place to stay at too long
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 25, 2016
LocalEdge is an OK place to start your career, but don't stay too long. Seniority doesn't mean anything to upper management. Everyone can be replaced.
productive and fun work place
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 6, 2015
daily work we used to work for 8 hours,my co-workers were helpful.I have learnt how to be a teaem player.the most enjoyable part of the job is every day .
ups and downs
Digital Media Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 11, 2015
this place had new management as i was on my way out, but I loved working with my manager and trainer. the old coworkers that were there before i was hired were horrible and hateful. they attacked anyone new and tried to undermine the new management.
Poor Managment
Digital Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 8, 2015
They are not the nicest people to work with. They treat you like they own you, just because they give you a salary. They say they can make you work when ever they want. They do not believe in the fact that a sales team is how they make their money.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work when ever they call, for as long as they say
Great co-workers horrible management
Digital Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 9, 2015
The management had no clue what they where doing and whenever you asked them a question and they where wrong...the management would still tell you the wrong answer because they were never wrong.
A good place to work.
Office/Sales Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 21, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment here and would gladly return. I enjoyed the challenges of meeting deadlines, and helping the sales team to learn new sales techniques and new technology use.
Pros
Small office environment.
Cons
Huge corporation
At one time, yes.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 22, 2014
Saw it from both ends, management and sales rep. Upper management is unsure of itself. They react, instead of act, They are losing a lot of business to companies that have products and services that work. They don't value experience, band put too much emphasis on young college grads over experience and loyalty. This is why turnover if so rampant. You can have six months of great sales, miss a month and a half and you're gone. They brought in execs from another company, even the guy the other company pushed out. Now how smart was that? Now LocalEdge can't seem to shoot straight.
Pros
Some of mangers have a clue
Cons
Most of the managers don't.
Pretty laid back environment, fair management
Digital Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 10, 2014
I worked for this company for a couple of years in a few different departments. Each was pretty different, and each had their up's and down's. Often times volumes were pretty high due to strict deadlines. Procedures were often changed and roles and responsibilities were switched around when things weren't working. Sometimes, the changes were no better. In some cases, there was a bit of micromanagement going on that was usually bad for employee morale. Also, lots of repetition in each position, often leading to some burnout due to lack of variety in each role.
Good
Web Design Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2014
This is a great company to work for. It is growing and people are positive.
Good Place to Work
Senior Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 25, 2014
Localedge has helped me grow in my young career. The customer service skills I have learned and leadership duties I have taken on have given me a strong feeling about the company.
Great starting point for sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2014
I was able to start my career in sales through LocalEdge and learned a lot of the technical aptitude for sales through this job. I worked with a great team of co workers and some superiors. It was good to see clients and their operations first hand.
Fast pace and cutting edge products.
September 2011 Digital Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 17, 2013
On the cutting edge of technology with their digital product suite.

I learned the latest marketing techniques for B2B sales for internet marketing...SEO,SEM, SMM, Text Marketing, Email Marketing etc.

Management team locally was superior, national manager tended to micro-manage.

Co-workers provided a great team spirit.

Long Hours!

Improving a local business internet marketing.
Pros
Establishing great relationships with clients.
Cons
Long Hours!
Fun Time
Digital Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 15, 2013
They offered a great product and for 5 years I was able to perform above quota requirements and received many bonuses. In April 2013 I was called to the corporate office to participate on an advisory board. In August 2013 a new president took over from outside the company and on August 30, 2013 60 of us were let go. I would be hard put to recommend this company.