BluBox Games, a leading digital game developer, is looking for a Game Designer to bring their expertise in game design to our exciting catalog of casual games.
Ideal candidate will have 2 years free to play experience and/or published free to play game.
This role will support the Creative Director’s vision through the design of gameplay systems that maximize engagement, revenue, and retention.
- Design, tune, and balance gameplay systems for our casual game catalog, including esports and social puzzle games
- Play all competitive games, understand their successes and failures, and help ensure our games are the best in market
- Write documents that effectively communicate game feature requirements
- Analyze game metrics/feedback and leverage data-driven decision making to optimize game design and level tuning
- Works closely with producer, monetization, and marketing to iterate game features to deliver the best player experience and drive revenue
Skills and Experience:
- Passion for mobile and web based casual games
- Enjoys playing casual/social games, and knows the history of the fairly young casual/social gaming industry
- Knowledge of the freemium games business model, and sincerely interested in taking it to the next level through game design innovation.
- Strong understanding of game design concepts and principles
- Experience writing game system specifications
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytical, problem solving, communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A hunger for knowledge and experience and a drive to launch the best product possible
- Proficiency in Unity3D and/or C# a plus
- Experience in game balancing, A/B-testing and user-driven development preferred
- A team player that likes to discuss solutions and ideas
- Organized, self-motivated, dedicated, hard-working, and strong sense of accountability
- Ability to balance ROI-focused initiatives with brand sensibilities
- BS/BA in related field required
- 3+ years game design experience
Founded in 2014 by game industry veterans, BluBox Games is a leading mobile and online game developer that specializes in creating unique, high quality experiences for entertainment franchises. Bridging the gap between the games, film and television industries, BluBox gives fans engaging new ways to interact with brands and IP, both existing and original. The BluBox team hails from the likes of Activision, EA, Warner Bros, THQ, Digital Eclipse, Pandemic, Insomniac, SCEA, Universal Studios and Rockstar Games, and has a combined 75+ years experience on all platforms and genres.
Indeed - 30+ days ago