LocalNet Corp Employee Reviews

Love Localnet
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Bufflo, nyOctober 28, 2013
Localnet was a great place to work for.. Management and co-workers were very understanding
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Short lunch
productive and fun work place
Customer service/sales agent (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYFebruary 12, 2013
inbound call center, handled billing concerns and cancellations of internet service
Pros
great co workers
Cons
hard to advance
Great learning experience and wonderful co-workers.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 23, 2012
-As a technical support representative at Localnet, I received inbound calls from customers to help them with internet set up and/or trouble shooting issues. On a regular 8 hour work day, I assisted about 80-100 customers.
-I learned a lot of tips and tricks to fix certain issues that pertained to trouble shooting user problems relating to operating system issues:
(Win9x, 2000, ME, Xp,Vista, 7 and Mac OS).
-I had great co-works all working together to provide great technical support.
-There were a lot of novice users that had never owned a computer. Walking through set-up and installation of the internet took patience.
-The most enjoyable part was hearing customers reaction to learning new things about how a computer works.
Pros
technical learning experience.
Cons
good amount of novice users.
Would Not recommend it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  amherst nyMay 22, 2012
This is a job I would not recommend to people (Sales). They do not train for everything you come across over the phone...which leaves yoiu feeling under trained and unprepared
Misrepresents itself as an EEO
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 4, 2012
I was 3 months pregnant when they first hired me. During the interview with 2 different supervisors, I specifically stated that I was pregnant, and that my husband was recently hired, and yet they still hired me. After almost 3 months of working there, just short of my 90 days, they "laid me off" due to seasonal cuts. Later, I came to find out, it was because I was hospitalized for 3 days due to sever morning sickness and dehydration, and had to call my husband home early so he could take me to the hospital. Just after they "let me go" my husband refused to go in to work because they broke our contract for no good reason, and he just walked out on the company.
Pros
easy work
Cons
horrible supervisors, too many stipulations