Locating Inc Employee Reviews

Good hard honest work
Locator Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 8, 2017
For the location that I worked for, the supervisors and management were very supportive and a joy to work with. If you needed help, supplies or just needed to talk, they were there for you. The balance between work and personal life was great. Even if I called in sick or needed to go home early, I felt really bad for leaving them sort handed.

It's too bad they lost their major contract and had to close up this location. I probably would have still been working for them.
Good Career
Western Region Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 27, 2017
Been with the company for many years. Definitely a place to learn and grow a good career. I started at the bottom and have learned every facet of the industry over the years.
Pros
Take home vehicle - Good Benifits
Cons
Can be very long hours.
worst place to work
Under ground utility locator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 24, 2016
Do not recommend worst place ever to work. only requirement for management is 6 months locating experience and it shows in there skill set
This was a very great place to work each day was diffrent which kept it interesting.
Underground Utility Locator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2015
I learned a lot of computer skills an mapping through this job an they compensated you very well. I got to drive my own company car an they basically entrusted you to get the job down because you were out there locating utility's by yourself. I would definitely work for them again.
Lack management skills, customer service, lack of honesty
locator (Former Employee) –  Federal WayJune 26, 2015
I moved my family to Washington State from Texas to get a job with Locating Inc. It was me, my wife, and my 3 kids. They promised me 4 weeks paid hotel for training, and it never happened. My wife and I couldn't catch a break because we had to be paying for the hotels weekly while still in training, paying out $398.00 weekly leaving us with $80.00 for the week to pay for food, and that wasn't enough. My wife and I wouldn't eat just so our daughters had enough to eat. After a month of this i had to quit, I couldn't keep putting my wife thru this anywhere.
Pros
many hours after training
Cons
management wont help out at all.
lack of training, management talks down to you
tech (Former Employee) –  georgiaMay 14, 2015
the training was really lacking watching youtube videos and having 15 minute breaks turn into 40 minutes. literally thrown out into the field with minimal training and then having the stress of production on your back. some have gone on to do well, but, everyone learns at a different pace. the supervisor talked down to me like i'm an idiot even though I try the best that I can. the pay sucked for the amount of responsibility that is thrust upon you. I can't wait to get a new job.
Pros
truck
Cons
poor management, poor training, poor pay
Poor managment with bad pay
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 29, 2015
the management needs a drastic change with lying supervisors and bad pay. wouldn't recommend working for this company
Pros
truck
Cons
short breaks, no time off, no weekends during the summer
Very interesting work, but high stress at times.
Tech (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 17, 2014
You are on your own for 40+ hours a week, the training is lacking. You are constantly presented with situations that they never trained you for or talked about when you started. You are asked every week to do the impossible and you will constantly run into problems with the equipment and computers they provide. It will stress you out more than anything you have ever done. But its the most interesting and entertaining job I have ever had. If you can be a locator, than nothing else will bother you.
Lonely Job
Damage Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 30, 2014
If you like driving around by yourself for 40+ hours a week, this might be the job for you. I found it to be a rather depressing experience. The pay is on the low side, for the amount of responsibility they expect. The management was fine. The job itself was just not to my personal liking.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Lonely, pay scale, customers.
Great co-workers
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 9, 2012
Had good benefits. Enjoy going from job to job each day helping customers understand how the utilities ran.