The Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with a set of named customers, and is responsible for ensuring delivery of services, achieving sales quota and accomplishing strategic account objectives. In this role you will represent the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
The Account Manager reports to the Vice President of Client Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively lead a joint company strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one-year period.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated strategic accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of strategic account management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Experience and demonstrated success placing outbound phone calls in a sales or account management capacity
- Proven track record of successfully achieving sales goals and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Previous startup experience a plus
- Some domestic travel is required
Indeed - 16 months ago