Location: Orlando, FL
Salary Range: Negotiable Dependent Upon Experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package upon completion of probationary period
Employment Type: Full Time
Division: Lochrane Engineering Inc. - Surveying Services
Established 33+ year consulting firm seeking full time Senior Surveyor in its Surveying Services division based in Orlando, Florida. Florida PSM license preferred. Applicant must demonstrate proven capability in the following areas:
- Must be experienced in all Field Crew procedures and technology including FDOT field procedures.
- Must be literate with all survey field equipment including EFB data collection and GPS technology.
- Must be capable of EFB data processing.
- Should have adequate management skills for coordinating and directing multiple field crew activities.
- Must be capable of estimating field work for proposal preparation.
- Should be Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) qualified.
- Applicant must possess a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Must provide references names and current phone numbers.
- Must complete a background check and drug test.
- 90 day probationary period is required on a Part Time Status.
- Reports to the Survey Division Principal/Division Manager and Project Managers within the Survey Division.
- Supervises all other crew personnel and must have a complete working knowledge of the duties of all the other field positions.
- Performs daily communications with office divisional staff regarding the project and the field activities and schedules
- Responsible for oversight and guidance of the performance of the field crew as it is applicable to the standards of the client and each specific project.
- Has complete understanding of the Scope of Services for each project. Assist and keeps the field crew knowledgeable in the implementation of project scope of services and task requirements.
- Is capable of performing certain field crew activities as may be necessary to “Kick Off” the project and implement the Scope of Services
- Maintains knowledge of and a listing of the staff assignment of the survey vehicles and all survey equipment. Updates the field equipment inventory and reviews the regular maintenance of equipment including vehicles
- Assist in the update of the Survey Crew Schedule coordinating input from the Project Surveyors/Managers. Ensures that field crews are updated with the Survey Crew Schedule for the beginning of the new week. Updates as necessary with changing priorities, staff absences/availability or new projects/assignments. Coordinates with the Survey Project Surveyor/Managers regarding the crew makeup each day as may be necessary to account for proper crew makeup.
- Assist with the initial preparation of the project budget estimates; particularly for field efforts and anticipated duration of the field activities and development of a realistic schedule.
- Assist with the implementation of all safety procedures set forth by Lochrane, the FDOT, CSXT or other municipal agencies. Performs periodic “unannounced” visits to the field crews to insure compliance. Prepares written reports regarding the findings of the safety compliance of the field crews and makes recommendations for safe operations in the field.
- Maintains good Public Relations with clients and members of the general public while representing Lochrane Engineering and instills this positive attitude within the field staff members.
- Assist the field crew in communications with the general public and property owners in and around the project site. Helps get the field crew orientated and started on new projects as might be possible.
- Must attain or have MOT 3 Advanced Training and must be able to set up and direct the proper implementation of safety maintenance of traffic (MOT) and must help ensure adherence to all FDOT MOT and Lochrane safety procedures.
- Must be licensed in the State of Florida as a Professional Surveyor and Mapper.
- Assist in the training of the Survey staff for Crew Chief, Instrument Person and Rod Person positions and provide constructive recommendations regarding those staff’s strengths and weaknesses to the Survey Principal/Division Manager.
- Assist the Principal/Division Manager to provide in house training for non-licensed staff members for the Certified Survey Technician Program (CST) and other improvement programs such as Crew Chief and Instrument Person Training Sessions.
- Must be knowledgeable of the use and in the maintenance of the Sub-Surface Utility Equipment including the electronic detection equipment, GPR unit and Soft Excavation equipment. Must be capable to utilize this equipment as might be necessary.
- Provides technical and production assistance to Project Team including support for the field staff and for the office staff. This includes performing necessary data collection processing of Electronic Field Book (EFB); CAiCE processing; calculations for boundary and topographic surveys; the preparation of legal descriptions and maps; analysis of field collected data and the review of the final survey products for compliance with contractual obligations and Survey standards.
- Should have a basic working knowledge of CADD (Micro-Station/AUTOCAD)
- Work to ensure Quality Control and Quality Assurance of field procedures and data collected.
- Maintain a positive attitude about yourself, your co-workers and your company to help the firm keep a good working relationship and good moral among the staff members.
Lochrane Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is a drug free work place.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Lochrane continues to focus on offering comprehensive yet flexible services to meet our client's needs. That is why Lochrane is strengthenin...