Lock Haven Hospital

Lock Haven Hospital Employer Reviews

nice people, but really needs improvement on job processes and promoting their business to increase business
Medical secretary/Biller (Former Employee), lock haven paAugust 10, 2014
Pros: community feel, fun coworkers, good starting salary for location
Cons: lack of good incentives and increases, poor management, lack of solid upper management and stability, rocky job security, lack of efficiency
I enjoyed my job alot here and was impressed with the starting pay. There was a bit of a laid back feel with minimal stress, however I think that also became a drawback because it felt like not enough people cared about improving processes and increasing revenue, which actually is detrimental to this small hospital that seems to only be treading water – more... at this point. Also the people who did want to make changes were held back by poor management and nothing ran as efficiently as I think it should run for a hospital.

The small community feel about the work environment was wonderful, but the lack of good management and alot of miscommunication I feel is still hurting this small hospital that already is trying to dig out from having a bad reputation with the local community, which in turn cost me my job due to cutbacks from lack of revenue in my department.

I had such high hopes for this job and got along well with my coworkers and there were definitely some people who cared about their job and WANTED to improve it, but that just didn't seem to be enough to make things run more smoothly. Too many speed bumps yet that is still holding this hospital back from growing. Maybe give it 10 more years to pick up to where I feel it should be? – less
Mainly minor procedures with little challenge
Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee), Lock Haven, PAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: easily cooperative staff and management
Cons: short-staffing, lack of promotion, minimum salary and challenges
Typically, due to low-staffing, I took call on routine basis to help the staff move more effectively and efficiently. However, for the most part the management and peers were very easy to work with, and this allowed for things to run smoothly from day to day.
Nightmare
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Lock Haven hospitalJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: paid good
Cons: aweful benefits, no breaks, terrible management, short staffed
The only good thing about this hospital was that it paid decently. We were always short staffed. Management heard about problems but never fixed them. They had no loyalty to the staff whatsoever. Be strictly professional with your co-workers, and keep to yourself as much as possible. Rarely did you leave on time, I was constantly at least an hour late – more... leaving. – less
First job in lock haven
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Lock Haven, PAJanuary 17, 2014
fast paced
time management/ communicating with others
managers were great
great co-workers
My first job
My experience at Lock Haven
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Lock Haven, PAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: not as hectic as big cities
Cons: training needs to be standardized/ they should implement patient access modules
Lock Haven Hospital was a real experience for me. I worked in the Emergency department and a typical day there can be stressful and tiring. The system that we operated by was rather unorganized and inefficient. I training that I received was sub-par and as a result sub-par work was the product. I received my first first 90 probationary meeting and got – more... a bad result which was expected; however I made advances and changes that were to the best of my ability with the 30 day extension given and that was still not enough for the newly hired PAD who was new to the facility himself. So as a result I was terminated. Nevertheless Lock Haven Hospital showed me a lot about handling myself in a "professional" environment and remaining calm under stressful situations. The co-workers overall were tolerable, just DONT share your personal life, no matter how friendly and welcoming they seem. The job is seemingly hard in the beginning but once you get adjusted you'll be fine, the key things are to remember protocol,procedures, communicating properly with your superiors, document EVERYTHING and remember to be remain professional no matter how ornery and insolent patients and even staff can become. Enjoy – less
Challenged rural hospital.
Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee), Lock Haven, PAJuly 9, 2012
Pros: strong community involvement
Small community based hospital with acute care and long-term skilled beds. Facility has been financially challenged but a turnaround was realized through a sound medical staff and service development plan.
Nice to work with the patients and nurses
Housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee), Lock Haven, PAJune 24, 2012
Pros: being with the patients
Cons: poor management
During the day I cleaned various parts of the hospital and patient rooms. I also did the laundry for the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with the patients.