Summary: The Purchasing Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating receipt, proper dispersal, tracking, and filing of purchase orders, request for quotes, price lists, catalogs, and other document packages for Purchasing Dept. Responsible for assisting buyers, and internal customers with coordinating / tracking vendor quotes, deliveries, open orders, drawing elevations and job code packages.
1. Maintain purchasing files and filing systems.
2. Responsible for activities involving Material / Inventory Control.
3. Review and track status of vendor quotes, orders, and deliveries.
4. Receive, log, track and file Purchasing documents.
5. Track and review purchasing scheduled tasks.
6. Use Windows based software package as required.
7. Provide support to Buyers and internal customers (Sales, etc.).
8. Other duties as assigned.
Be able to communicate well with employees, vendors and customers. Effectively organize and execute services in an efficient manner. Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate standard computer keyboard, calculator and telephone. Mobility required, able to move from desk to printer and other areas of office. Adequate vision to view and work with computer CRTs, calculators, and copiers. Must have hearing levels that allow normal conversation on a standard telephone. Familiarity with Door Hardware Terminology is helpful.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINES USED: Windows Based PC Computer, Printer, Copy Machine, Fax Mach, Telephone, Typewriter, and Calculator
Effectively perform duties in order to maintain high levels of accuracy and timeliness of assigned tasks listed in this job description. Support internal customer/team requests in an effective and efficient manner.
- Must be able to work with computers (view a monitor, type on a keyboard, operate a standard mouse, operate printers)
- Must be able to answer and place phone calls, converse via email, place and process facsimiles.
- Ability to work in a warehouse and manufacturing environment while dealing with functions involving inventory and purchase orders.
- Attendance – reports to work on time and adheres to all company policies.
- Follow up purchase order acknowledgements and vendors coordination.
- Completes reports and assigned duties on time.
One to two years related experience or training in Administrative Coordination.
Purchasing related administrative work experience desirable.
Competitive starting salary
Annual profit sharing program
SIMPLE Retirement Program and company match funds after 1 year of employment
100% Medical and Vision coverage for employee
Group rate dental plan
Company paid life insurance
Company paid long-term disability
AFLAC supplemental insurance available
15 days of PTO accrued first year of employment
6 paid Holidays
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A 7 YEAR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST