Summary: The Shipping Clerk II is responsible for coordinating and directing in all areas of the warehouse regarding outbound shipments. Maintains tools and equipment, and works with all other internal departments to meet customer needs. Serves as a back-up to the Shipping Manager.
1. Direct and support staff of warehouse operators.
2. Direct and support shipment of all customer orders / outgoing materials.
3. Maintain accurate shipment documents and updates systems accordingly.
4. Responsible for all activities involving outbound shipments.
5. Specific duties include:
a. Fulfill customer orders small parcel UPS
b. Fulfill customer orders job codes LTL
c. Schedule shipments / pickups
d. Process drop shipments confirmations
e. Process freight claims
f. Provide feedback to assist with freight Carrier negotiations, Logistics coordination.
6. Closely coordinates with the Shipping Manager.
7. Ensures compliance with all safety policies
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Be able to communicate well with employees, vendors and customers. Effectively organize and execute responsibilities in an efficient manner. Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate standard computer keyboard, office equipment, telephone, forklift and material handling equipment. Mobility required, able to move in warehouse and office environments. Adequate vision to view and work with computer monitors and office equipment. Must have hearing levels that allow normal conversation on a standard telephone. Familiarity with Door Hardware Terminology is helpful.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINES USED: Personal Computer, Printer, Copy Machine, Fax Mach, Telephone, Calculator, weight scales, forklifts, ladders, handling equipment and other warehouse support equipment.
Guidelines: Effectively perform duties in order to maintain high levels of accuracy and timeliness of assigned tasks listed in this job description. Support internal customer/team requests in an effective and efficient manner.
- Must be able to work with computers (view a monitor, type on a keyboard, operate a standard mouse, operate printers)
- Ability to work in a warehouse and manufacturing environment while dealing with functions customer shipment coordination.
- Supervise, train and mentor direct reports.
- Complete assigned duties on time and accurately.
Two to four years of experience with freight shipments and warehouse activities, 1-2 years related college courses, or combination of either.
Competitive starting salary
Annual profit sharing program
SIMPLE Retirement Program and company match funds after 1 year of employment
100% Medical and Vision coverage for employee
Group rate dental plan
Company paid life insurance
Company paid long-term disability
AFLAC supplemental insurance available
15 days of PTO accrued first year of employment
6 paid Holidays
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A 7 YEAR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST