Lockheed Martin

2.4K reviews

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 2,328 reviews matching the search
very relaxed an nice clean environment.i loved it here
material handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2016
typical day,laughter and joy.learned to prepare kit boms.management was very awesome.very understanding and helpful with your job.my coworkers were just awesome,worked with a lot of wonderful people.no hard part of the job.most enjoyable was being able to meet and work with a lot of awesome people everyday,just being in such a nice environment.
Great corporation
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousFebruary 6, 2016
Company has sound ethics and provides challenging, interesting, and meaningful work for employees. It has great training for program management, less so for engineering. It would be great to see more investment in spreading positive culture to all sites and training for management in ensuring work-life balance.
Productive and fun enviornment to work in
Internship (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 6, 2016
Great company with many benefits. Coworkers are great to work with and company itself is very well organized and manages to take care of issues you may have.
Implementation of new designs to support manufacturing processes
Manufacturing Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 6, 2016
Work with a diverse team of multiple disciplines while providing support to production operations and manufacturing. Strive for continuous improvement of tooling, process and quality control for all manufacturing builds.
Secure jobs, no advancement
Systems Engineer Sr / Global Sustainment (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Great place for those looking to retire or never advance. Everyone gets inflation based raises and that's all. No one gets promoted, no one gets fired. Bad employees are just pushed to the side and more work is given to the good employees while everyone makes the same pay.
Good Company to Grow or Team with
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Great people and systems in place to insure contracts are effectively handled. They pay right on time and have adequate benefits. They train their employees well.
Pros
Good for teaming and subcontracting DoD
Cons
Changes to the IS/GS organization has created a few unknowns
Professional Work Environment
Corporate Energy Initiatives Lead (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 3, 2016
Lockheed Martin has a very professional work environment and is a great place to grow and learn in your career. They invest in early career growth and make it a safe environment to learn.
Great job
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 3, 2016
Great Job learned a lot and done a lot of great work there. They take care of the employees. Good working environment. A lot of family fun and gave great awards.
Pros
Good working enviroment
Cons
not enough work
Infosec Engineer
Senior Information Assurance engineer (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 2, 2016
Implemented DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and other regulations and policies for a SAP (Special Access Program). Responsible for overall C&A process for over thirty (30) companies (CONUS and OCONUS) sites and in some cases, acted as the Certifying Official (CO).
Lm
Systems Engineer, Staff (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 2, 2016
Fast paced and interesting work
Political culture
Odd matrixed management style with non-technical often providing technical decisions
Competitive benefit package

Want to know more about Lockheed Martin?

Ask a question
Fun people but management contract issues
Database Administrator / Windows System Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2016
A great team was put together for the military medical contract we supported. Management has issues interfacing with GSA that caused communication and operational problems.
Decent place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2016
This was a decent place to work but not really not in what I wanted to do. I started out working in the field I wanted but was transferred.
A place that COULD be great to work at
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2016
The current culture has become hostile where management does less and less to advance and develop their employees, nonexistent communication, and very frustrating management.

The benefits have been pretty great as far as 401K, health and vacation. Pay could be better (for a financial analyst, great for defense, terrible compared to other industries).

Overall, if you avoid the IS&GS portion of Lockheed Martin, it should be a decent environment.
Pros
401K, health benefits, vacation
Cons
culture, career advancement, career development, pay
Concerned with Employee Welfare
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I worked at KAPL, Inc., which is a Department of Energy Laboratory where US Navy nuclear reactors are designed. My co-workers were generally very intelligent and the work challenged me to grow very quickly as an engineer. The best supervisor I ever had was at KAPL. He challenged me to pursue answers, to ask questions and answer with facts.

My personal life saw a dark tragedy at the end of my time there. KAPL management and senior management were very supportive of my situation and went out of their way to provide what I needed, even knowing that I was not going to be able to continue working there.
Pros
Very intelligent people, important work
Cons
Due to nature of work, was out of touch with commercial nuclear power industry
First job out of college
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northern VirginiaFebruary 1, 2016
Love working for LM. Great people, mission, and culture. Down to earth people that are still very professional and successful. LM is the best of the best in the defense industry, and it shows in the office. The people who work here are extremely smart, goal oriented, and know how to keep the company competitive.
Pros
Culture, people, flexibility
Cons
Benefits not as great as you would expect and not as good as their competitors
Software Engineer Staff/Logistics Staff (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 1, 2016
There have been several great people that have come and gone over the years. They offer great organizations. Good company to work for.
Electronic Assembler Senior (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 1, 2016
A great experience. Worked with a large diverse team. Great benefits. Very helpful with getting involved in a interesting line of work.
Productive and a fun place to work and learn
Systems Integration/Test Engineer Sr (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Most enjoyable part of work was coming to work everyday knowing that my work mattered and it made a difference to many people around the world. I felt great pride and satisfaction in what I was working on.
Pros
Great team environment and dynamic, Great benefits
Cons
short breaks, little opportunity for advancement
Best Place to Work
Hand solder (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 31, 2016
Its a shame the LM Closed its doors in Akron. The LM team was one I will never forget, I miss working for them. LM built a good relationship with all of its people and helped the community along the way.
Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 30, 2016
Lockheed Martin is a great place to work. The projects are highly technical and so I learned a lot by being exposes to some of the smarts people in the industry. The work culture was like a family at the time I was there. Although like most families theirs were issues. The hardest part about the job for me was leaving but it was necessary at the time. Most enjoyable part and the company was the type of projects I've been involved in.
Pros
Great work environment, interesting projects.
Cons
Compensation.