Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 3,668 reviews matching the search
Unique place to work.
Senior Missile Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJanuary 27, 2017
Learned the non military side of rocket building and non destructive testing of the of the rocket.

A very detailed oriented place to work with room for 0 mistakes.

The hardest part of the job was the working with the government inspectors. They would seem to find the littlest thing out of specification and reject the item.

The engineering staff was extremely knowledgeable, easy to work with, and receptive to all inputs put in from the craftsman side.
Pros
Dental and Vision Insurance, Raise progression
Cons
Health Insurance
A company with a very talented workforce and amazing products
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 30, 2017
LMCO Space Systems is by far the greatest place I have ever worked. My teammates were extremely bright, and our program (Hubble Telescope) brought the best innovation out of everyone. It was amazing.

The simplest way for me to describe the work environment is that I felt like I was back at my alma mater, which is mainly a research institution...
Pros
9/80, amazing resources, extremely well balanced lifestyle
Cons
none.
Depending which of the companies within the corporation you worked for made a difference in opinion.
Senior Internal Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Depending which company within the corporation you worked for, working for LM could be great or it could be miserable. Management could be great and be your best cheerleader or be miserable and make fun of you, especially when you were going through hard times and illness. Overall. I left LM with very negative feelings. Too much travel (about 70%) was expected by the time I left. It was about 10% when I started, which is about my limit.
A meaningful and often enjoyable place to work
Virtual PC Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 25, 2017
Working at Lockheed Martin (LM) always made me feel as if I was contributing to something great--my work mattered and it made a difference. LM trained me well, provided additional opportunities for learning, and fostered a spirit of excellence in customer service. Being an integral part of a team was especially rewarding in that we all seemed to be on the same page, participated in team-building exercises, and even shared in some camaraderie. Many of my former co-workers are close friends of mine to this day.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, good PTO, talented people, and great culture
Cons
Harsh, micro-managed work environment, office politics, ginormous company
Good company, somewhat stable
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJanuary 20, 2017
I have worked for Lockheed Martin the majority of my career since I graduated college, it's been around 13 years but now I'm apart of Leidos with the recent spinoff. Lockheed has definitely seen a lot of changes throughout the years and they have had their fair share of layoffs, VESPs, etc. It's been stable for the most part for myself, however; I will say they need to pay more attention to their employees and employee recognition. I know it's hard to do with a large company like LM but this is the reason most people leave. I have been fairly happy with LM over the years, however; I think they could pay more attention to their employees/work-life balance, etc.
Cons
Healthcare
Relaxed professional atmosphere.
Indust. Sec.Rep.Facility Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 15, 2017
A typical workday was never typical because each day brought new experiences. New tasks and procedures were always presented and the learning curve was high. Management was more than accommodating and lenient to ensure a good work/life balance and fair treatment when evaluating personnel for advancement. All in all a great company to work for.
Pros
Excellant work conditions, good benefits.
Don't work for Lockheed Martin on a Contract basis
Technical Trainer, Sr (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 10, 2017
The management style is at best Draconian. They only care about numbers and people are not even on the list of concerns. If you accomplish x amount of work within a given time frame, then you are expected to be able to double that amount within the same time frame on the next project, and then double it again on the next, etc., etc. The work expectations are at best unrealistic and can be best described as delusional. If you are a masochist, then you will be right at home!
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Good place to start an engineering career
Systems Engineer, Staff (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 20, 2017
Typical large corporation
Large support infrastructure
Variety of projects and work locations
Good pay
Decent benefits

Could start and build a career here, but it's crowded at middle management and above so opportunities tend to thin out the longer you stay and the higher you climb (which is also true at most large companies)
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
limited access to interesting projects
Fantastic
Administrative Assistant-Contract (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Worked as temporary Administrative Assistant. Director was great person to work for; although, he traveled most of the time I was there. Great co-workers, very helpful and easy to get along with. Very professional atmosphere, which is what I was accustomed to. Came from the aircraft industry prior so was easy to get into the swing of the position. Loved the people. Very good company.
Pros
Very professional atmosphere
Complacent Giant
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Large DoD contractor with plenty of talent but culture of complacency. Potential for advancement within the company if you're willing to relocate. Company is in transition after leadership changes in the previous few years. Company doesn't offer many employee benefits compared to industry competitors unless you were with the company prior to 5 years ago.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Complacency, low employee appreciation

Want to know more about Lockheed Martin?

Ask a question
Excellent company for people that want to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Lockheed had great benefits for employees, offered ways to train and expand your knowledge. I learned organizational skills, working with coworker and management skill. I worked retrieving information from customers to fulfill their needs in a timely cost effective manor.
Pros
Excellent benefits, job opportunities
Cons
Great job, would still be there if not for cut backs in program
Will work you till you drop
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
Not enough accountability for senior management. In my experience with several employees across LM, senior mgt was verbally abusive to the extreme. When the employees reached out to HR for help, their proven complaints fell on deaf ears. HR within LM needs to be completely revamped and reeducated.

However, the overall work was exciting and very educational. I loved to go to work every day.
Great Univac culture diluted over the years by Dilbertian corporate culture.
Staff Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 26, 2016
Very collegial environment where engineers were given wide latitude to develop products and solutions for projects and customers. Direct management very supportive with resources and flexibility in daily schedules.

Very rewarding taking ideas to world class finished products in almost unbelievable time-frames.

Corporate management given higher status by order of acquisition giving greater credence to familiar tools when most products developed by the Univac/Sperry and Unisys legacy companies were fifteen years ahead in productivity corporate heads drove thing toward the 1980's rather than make the whole corporation more efficient.
Zero work/life balance
TECHNICAL EDITOR/WRITER (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 11, 2016
Management is very unorganized, non-supportive of employees and reactive versus proactive. This severely and negatively impacts employees work/life balance in the area in which I work. The good compensation is not worth repeatedly having vacations and planned days off cancelled or having to work 24 hours straight. Management continues to ignore or even exacerbate this issue showing a distinct lack of concern or respect for employees.
Very professional place to work
Aircraft Mechanic, U2 PDM (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Lockheed Martin is an excellent organization to work for. Management and Supervision are very cooperative and helpful to all. Typical day is very busy so it keeps you moving and in turn, the day seems to be shorter. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with professional and helpful individuals from Management to the technician next to you.
Pros
Busy Day
Cons
Union
Very productive and satisfying work environment
Sr Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 7, 2016
I had my own office and maintained schedules, meetings daily for 2 Directors. I was busy all day and this is good. I learned to do foreign expense reports was probably among the things I learned that I had not done before. Co-workers were great and very knowledgeable. Interacted with all types/levels of employees within company.
Pros
Work life balance/good salary was one of the pros
Cons
None that I can think of.
Safe and Secure job, Bad work environment
Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 6, 2016
I don't like to talk bad about jobs to any other jobs. All I will say, is that I willingly put in my notice and left. I couldn't see myself becoming what I saw around me. I will say that I learned a lot about what I could accomplish, since I earned employee of the month 2 times in one year, and was the 1st to earn it on our team.
Pros
Great lunch, clean facility, and team work incentives
Cons
Bad gossip work environment, not enough pay for the work performed
Very good company to work for.
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
From Clerk to Administrative Assistant - duties evolved working in position and learning from the person I replaced. Travel clerk and Accounts Payable supporting Safety by doing data entry logs of training/meetings/incidents. Administrative Assistant for branch/department supported the management staff in clerical duties. Continuous learning in updated/new programs.
Benefits
Cons
Company is too large to care about it's employees
Contracts/Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VADecember 9, 2016
They care more about pleasing the customer versus their employees. I contacted the Ethics Department on a whistle-blower situation with the customer and upper management, and the Ethics Department never called me back to close the case. They swept it under the rug hoping it would just disappear.

We would have to collect our own money to fund family deaths for other employees, births, etc. Company always complained about not having enough money. We'd have to take personal days to attend company picnics and holiday parties. They never would give us an overhead charge code so we could attend, and the time off was awful. 3 weeks in total, and you can only negotiate that if you are a VP or higher.
Good company, if a bit dated
Software Engineer Sr (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2016
This was a typical cubicle workplace, easy to fall into a simple and repetitive routine. The job had very nice benefits and rarely left me overworked or working overtime. Management rarely impressed, but the workplace was overall a fairly nice place and there were still plenty of fun and kind coworkers. It is a large complex, so there are a lot of other people working in the vicinity.
Pros
Benefits. Vacation time. Hours.
Cons
Career advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.