Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 3,730 reviews matching the search
The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDMarch 25, 2017
There are so many Lockheed Martin offices spread out over the DC area it's hard to tell where you fit in org chart. For example, my work was in Virginia, but I had to report to Lockheed's office near Baltimore. No coordination. It's a behemoth.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Lockheed Martin
Electronics Engineer Sr Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 23, 2017
Lockheed Martin is an American global aerospace, defense, security and advanced technologies company with worldwide interests. It was formed by the merger of Lockheed Corporation with Martin Marietta in March 1995.

Great Place to work
Good job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMarch 22, 2017
I worked for Lockheed at night, we just sat at our desks and did our jobs there was not a lot of conversation with others, we tried to process as many tickets as we possible could at night.
Pros
Nice job
Cons
Short breaks
Great job
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNMarch 22, 2017
I really enjoy working for Lockheed Martin. The people are great and the management is great as well. The workload is manageable and I enjoy doing what I do. The only downside to Lockheed Martin is that its very hard to move up in the company. The pay is reasonable, but a little less than I could make somewhere else.
Pros
Great job and people
Cons
Pay and Promotions
Very capable employer
Employment Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 21, 2017
Lockheed Martin is one of the larger employers. This company has the resources/financial ability to hire outside specified professionals to evaluate the processes with the intent to implement best practices.
Rewarding work
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMarch 21, 2017
The work was rewarding knowing that it benefitted the national security. The company benefits were excellent and the people were really great. Work options to transfer and make career progress were very good.
It was not a good fit.
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLMarch 21, 2017
For me, the work kept me busy, as I never really knew where I was working. There was a small group of folks who took lots of personal days, and I would cover where I was needed, sometimes several tasks at once. I was always on time, ready to work. I did not feel it was going in a direction that would be good for a career. Overall a pretty gloomy place to work.
Pros
Always busy, solid work.
Cons
Negative people.
You are on your own
Logistics Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 20, 2017
Transitioning from the military to Lockheed Martin can be challenging. Benefits are good but expensive. Workers are stressed and management is over worked but if you take care of yourself you will be fine. Very competitive.
Productive and Innovating Environment
Manager - Mfg. Engineering & Mechanical Production (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 20, 2017
Very good place to work where people are encouraged to improve their job and personal life on continuous basis. People are provided ample training and encouraged to advance.
Pros
Relaxing Environment
Cons
Lack of windows in office areas because of confidential environment
Great company and great people.
Inspector Final Assem Sr Spec (Current Employee) –  Courtland, ALMarch 19, 2017
Working with great people whom are very supportive and helping to work together as a team to get the job done, without worrying about who gets the credit.
Veterans Choice
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 18, 2017
This is one of the leading companies for members of the military are able to continue using their skill sets to meet the mission of the company. The job is an excellent place to work.
Pros
Highly recommended
Cons
Parking
Stay Productive
Avionics Electrician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 17, 2017
Although I was there for a short time, it was a pleasant change of pace from the wiring work that I was doing in the past.I had a great lead as well as a great manager who made sure that we remained productive and tried their best to get us the parts we needed to complete our jobs
Excellent Employer
Engineering Planner Senior Staff (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2017
Lockheed Martin is a great company to work for. The company is very technically challenging and provides a very high level of products to both the civilian and government sectors.
great place to work
Press Brake Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 17, 2017
great place to work .worked for locked martin only two years. after this I left and tried working on my on . this did not work out and I wish I had stayed with Lockheed martin
Good, stable employment
AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER, SR (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 16, 2017
Overall, Lockheed is a good, stable place to work. There are few opportunities for advancement and the management structure is siloed. However, the engineering and production teams are composed of excellent people and the work is interesting.
Big Company, Plenty of room to move around.
Drafter (Current Employee) –  MDMarch 16, 2017
Good company with plenty of room to move around. Down side is it can be difficult to move up at certain facilities. The money is there, but the work is not.
Interesting and challenging place to work. Comfortable office well integrated with military customer.
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAMarch 15, 2017
A typical day will start with getting ready to instruct gathering materials and prepping the room. You are surrounded by some of the most knowledgeable people in the Aegis combat systems community. It is a constant challenge to keep up to date on the latest changes and incorporate them into the lessons. The management on-site is demanding and helpful, they want their people to succeed. The culture of the work place is very inclusive and friendly. The hardest part of the job is digging through various resources to find information and keeping lesson topics up to date and pertinent. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is being in front of students and watching them grasp a concept that is difficult or finally realizing that something they thought was hard was able to be accomplished with a little bit of effort.
Pros
Location is in the country, near to D.C. good people to work with
Cons
Days can be long. There is shift work.
Always room for growth
Personnel Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2017
There is always room for advancement based on job performance.Management provides many tools for success and teams are committed to the mission. Great workplace environment and you are compensated based on performance.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Job stability
Great place to work in most of the Washington DC Area
Staff System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 15, 2017
A Great place to work in most of the Washington DC Area as with most of the government services Industry How you are treated varies from contract to contract and customer to customer
Flexible and Challenging
Systems Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMarch 14, 2017
I was essentially an intern at the time I was working at Lockheed. There were interesting and challenging projects I worked on. I enjoyed the flexibility in work hours. You can work 40 hours a week how you choose and when I left they were starting to take every other Friday off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

88%