Lockheed Martin
2,073 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Software Engineer Associate (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 29, 2015
Good teammates and fellow employees to keep on track and perform at high levels of excellence. Plenty of opportunities world wide to find the perfect position for you.
good place to work
Senior Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Newtown, PAMay 28, 2015
Most days were a lot of fun. There was a great deal of autonomy.
Breaks were determined by when the task would allow it.
you had to manage your time in order to ensure your tasks were completed.
Great company to work for
Test Lead, Tester, Readiness Lead (Former Employee), Reston VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent leadership
Cons: none
Management provide opportunities to advance. Great work environment. Great team collaboration. Good work locations. Excellent mentoring provided on program.
Interesting Programs
System Integration Engineer (Current Employee), Littleton, COMay 27, 2015
Pros: Interesting Programs
a typical day at work

what you learned

management

your co-workers

the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job
One of the best jobs that I've ever had!!!
Mobile Device Technician (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2015
Cool place to work. Flexible work schedule. Fun working environment. Never a dull moment!!!! The best part of the job is the pay and worst part was win we would be extremely busy!!! My coworkers were great!!! The managers did the best they could!!!
Fun to work here, super team!! and Work!!
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDMay 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Long Days
Fast paced, always something new going on and the companies investment to their employees is unmatched. Great team, clients and technology based.
Highly skilled Co-Workers
F-35 A&P Aircraft Crew Chief (Current Employee), Eglin AFB, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: time off
The best part of my job is working with Highly Skilled Co-Workers on the newest Fighter Aircraft. Our task is to get the F-35 in a state of readiness for customers i.e. USAF, USN, USMC and all International Joint Strike Fighter partners.
Contracting with Lockheed Martin
Billing Technician (Former Employee), Rosslyn, VaMay 26, 2015
Pros: Professional work environment with adept co-workers. Excellent administrative support.
Cons: As with all the contractual work, there was always the possibility of a more cost efficient company to take over the contract.
I was doing contract communications billing work for the Office of the Inspector General USPS through Lockheed Martin. My contact with Lockheed Martin via a lead liaison overseeing multiple contractors was always professional and courteous. Their support system for contractors on line and available administrative support always made for a stress free work environment.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the repertoire developed with the client and all the technical knowledge I gained through the whole experience with OIG USPS.
fun place to work
Electro/Mechanical Tech II (Former Employee), Houston, TX Johnson Space CenterMay 26, 2015
Pros: recognition for management
Cons: short breaks
build cables/harness solder PC Boards conformal coat PC-Boards

Build a quality produce first build.

management cared about employee.

no hard part of the job

seeing a finish produce.
Good company, interesting job positions, fair to very good salary.
Training Manager, Instructor (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2015
Pros: Workers and Co-Workers on the most part enjoy the work environment !
Cons: Occasionally long work hours based on "Hot Projects".
Lockheed Martin is the largest government contractor. Saying that they have a lot of challenging jobs and some come with great pay if you have all the qualifications and certifications that meet the job requirements. There benefit plans vary but on the most part are good. The work environment on the most part is very good. If you continue your education while working for Lockheed Martin and acquirer needed certifications related to your position .... Lockheed Martin usually recognizes those accomplishments with either upward mobility and/or increase salary.
Great Place to work
Plant Engineering Deputy Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 25, 2015
Pros: Good Career Advancement
Cons: Find the right department and you'll love it.
Great company that I highly recommend. Good pay and benefits with a great culture. There are a lot of great leaders at this company. If you work for one of these great leaders and perform well, you will be rewarded.
Lockheed Martin
Configuration Data Management Specialist (Current Employee), Ocala, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: No advancement
I love working at Lockheed Martin. I wish the advancement once you are in was in better demand. I want to advance into a higher position, but my job description, even with a degree makes it difficult to move now that the company decided to hire for the higher department's entry positions college student within one year of finishing school. This makes it hard to move in the company.
Very rewarding work environment which reflected the work you performed.
Senior Program/Project Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 19, 2015
Pros: meaningful industry (aerospace)
Cons: seemingly eroding interest in space exploration
As a prime contractor of the Shuttle Program, a typical day was primarily consumed with 1st ensuring all relevant Program & Engineering related items, specific to the next Shuttle Launch, were addressed and scheduled to complete on schedule. Beyond that portion of the day, we were constantly addressing areas for product improvement focused on continuing successful launches through the duration of the flight program
Management quality varied from the extreme controlling to the more open style of management which focused on allowing the employees to apply self generated thoughts & ideas.
Good
Software (SW) Engineer Staff (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 18, 2015
I truly enjoyed my time at Lockheed Martin, I learned a lot and there was a fair balance between family and work. The people for the most part was friendly.
Great company to work for.
Accountant (Former Employee), LakelandMay 18, 2015
Pros: Compensation, challenging
Cons: Culture, very hard to advance within the company
Very good company to work for. Lots of work but overall skills and proficiency at the job improve very quickly. Very challenging internship but gets redundant after a while.
Prestigious Place to Work
Industrial Security Rep. (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 18, 2015
Lockheed Martin is diverse and high energy place to work at Company affords not only growth the means to do it. I've had a great time at this company, but like anything it is time to move on.
Overall - Slightly better than average company to work for.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: 4/10 and 9/80 work schedules, flex hours, working with unique product most people never see, holiday shutdown
Cons: Limited advancement unless you work for a program, the LMCommit system, defense industry instability, no raise despite successfully meeting your commitments, high amount of office politics and favoritism, hurry up and wait mentality at times, endless single point failures, health insurance is great as long as you never get sick
I worked for Lockheed Martin over ten years covering a wide spectrum of job duties, including some offsite. I learned A LOT working here, both good and bad. I loved working a 4/10 schedule. It was so worth it to work four 10 hour days to get every Friday off. It's rough getting used to it at first. But once you adjust to the hours, the thought of working a normal five day week sounds dreadful. Unless you work for a specific program or are already a manager, your opportunities for advancement are pretty limited. I can't tell you how many people who got hired after me, at a lower labor grade, had already made it to at least a labor grade 4 manager because they worked on a program. People who didn't work on a specific program were called functional because they supported all programs. In my experience, if you were functional, but not management, you pretty much stalled at a particular labor grade no matter how long you worked there or how much of a subject matter expert you were. I never met a person who thought their performance assessment method (currently called LMCommit) was truly fair and comparing apples to apples. No one enjoyed writing their commitments each year. It wasn't uncommon to see people working for someone who was a lower labor grade than they were. Oftentimes the only way to get a promotion, or even a decent raise, was to just apply for another job. Office politics and favoritism is abundant no matter how much you’re told otherwise. Unless you do something pretty heinous at work, intentionally mischarge your time or commitment an export control – more... violation, you'd almost have to try and get fired from there. Though you have no control over the defense industry as a whole. So you have a little bit of job insecurity there that pretty much no one working in that company has much control over. There's probably more risk than most jobs. You don't really have much say in the matter if the government decides to slash the defense budget suddenly, or cancel a program with virtually no notice. I've seen it happen before. You'll come into work one day and hear about how there's a pending cancellation of a program that may have been in development for 10 years. If you happen to work for that program you might want to start looking for another job at that point. But even in worse case scenarios, Lockheed is pretty good about finding a position elsewhere for someone who was working on a program that was suddenly canceled. – less
Amazing company to work for and learn from.
Field Service Engineer II (Shift Lead) (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 15, 2015
Lockheed Martin is a company you can and will always benefit from, working with them. The management is always willing to stand by you to help propel your career to the future.
a very good company to work for
Digital Imaging Specialist (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMay 13, 2015
I drive 70 miles, one way to get to work everyday.
I work as a silkscreen operator.
I am responsible for designing and fabricating all decals and plates that get applied to the aircrafts that we manufacture.
I work alongside over 7,000 other employees.
the hardest part of my job is the long drive to work everyday.
the most enjoyable part of my job is I feel a since of pride, every time I see one of our aircrafts with components that I've made on them.
Big Company
General Clerk (Former Employee), fairfax, VAMay 13, 2015
Pros: AWS
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working in the mail room - working with customers, providing the most professional customer service and being highly complimented.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more

Lockheed Martin Salaries