Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 3,727 reviews matching the search
Lockheed Martin
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 13, 2017
The business entity I worked for within Lockheed Martin has been sold. The last 8 years or so were very challenging for Defense contractors in general as government funding became more limited. Those companies like Lockheed with highly skilled and compensated employees, many of whom were baby boomers, had to develop strategies to remain competitive in the market. Unfortunately, many key managers left the company leaving a tremendous void in some of our key markets. Simultaneously benefits were reduced and salaries became stagnant. As a result, the company culture and employee morale was negatively impacted.
Pros
Superior customer and technical knowledge base
Cons
Limited developmental opportunities for management and staff
A meaningful and often enjoyable place to work
Virtual PC Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 25, 2017
Working at Lockheed Martin (LM) always made me feel as if I was contributing to something great--my work mattered and it made a difference. LM trained me well, provided additional opportunities for learning, and fostered a spirit of excellence in customer service. Being an integral part of a team was especially rewarding in that we all seemed to be on the same page, participated in team-building exercises, and even shared in some camaraderie. Many of my former co-workers are close friends of mine to this day.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, good PTO, talented people, and great culture
Cons
Harsh, micro-managed work environment, office politics, ginormous company
What I learned
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2016
Lockheed Martin is an excellent company in many ways; however, in my opinion (and others) Human Resources is not in place to help the employee who is struggling with management or other employees nor with advancement information. Also, (and this is true in other companies I (and others) have worked for - Ethics is not in place to protect the employee. It's there to ensure the company's written and unspoken policies prevail. Having said this, most employees are loyal and dedicated to the contract at hand. Still, it remains a very political environment and those who don't understand how the game is played, either get laid off or rarely have advancement opportunities. The ones I admire the most are the retired Navy Officers who are excellent in every possible way. Always!
Pros
Excellent benefits and people who are forever friends
Cons
Too political
Relaxed professional atmosphere.
Indust. Sec.Rep.Facility Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 15, 2017
A typical workday was never typical because each day brought new experiences. New tasks and procedures were always presented and the learning curve was high. Management was more than accommodating and lenient to ensure a good work/life balance and fair treatment when evaluating personnel for advancement. All in all a great company to work for.
Pros
Excellant work conditions, good benefits.
Cons
Excellent and secure company to work for
Billings Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 12, 2017
The people at Lockheed are amazing from the top down. Excellent managers and sharp people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a great team of people with you. It is very fast paced. You have to adapt quick and find ways to standout. Responsibilities changed according to billing cycles of the month. There is also special projects you can volunteer for to make a name for yourself and advance within the company.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, great people and management, good benefits
Complacent Giant
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Large DoD contractor with plenty of talent but culture of complacency. Potential for advancement within the company if you're willing to relocate. Company is in transition after leadership changes in the previous few years. Company doesn't offer many employee benefits compared to industry competitors unless you were with the company prior to 5 years ago.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Complacency, low employee appreciation
Good place to start an engineering career
Systems Engineer, Staff (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 20, 2017
Typical large corporation
Large support infrastructure
Variety of projects and work locations
Good pay
Decent benefits

Could start and build a career here, but it's crowded at middle management and above so opportunities tend to thin out the longer you stay and the higher you climb (which is also true at most large companies)
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
limited access to interesting projects
Zero work/life balance
TECHNICAL EDITOR/WRITER (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 11, 2016
Management is very unorganized, non-supportive of employees and reactive versus proactive. This severely and negatively impacts employees work/life balance in the area in which I work. The good compensation is not worth repeatedly having vacations and planned days off cancelled or having to work 24 hours straight. Management continues to ignore or even exacerbate this issue showing a distinct lack of concern or respect for employees.
I looked forward confidently to each new day's challenges.
Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2017
Abundant, technically challenging, career enhancing opportunities - not a dull day on the job for thirty-three years. Learned to work with and manage every type of personality - thoroughly enjoyed sharing life experiences and skills with all. The hardest part of the job was accepting the fact that the program I was finally tasked with shutting down and turning over to our successor would have continued under Lockheed Martin management had we more skillfully handled our customer, NAVSEA.
Pros
Close, abiding relationship with US Navy customers.
Cons
Occasional tempermental, cranky or unreasonable US Navy customer.
Good company, if a bit dated
Software Engineer Sr (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2016
This was a typical cubicle workplace, easy to fall into a simple and repetitive routine. The job had very nice benefits and rarely left me overworked or working overtime. Management rarely impressed, but the workplace was overall a fairly nice place and there were still plenty of fun and kind coworkers. It is a large complex, so there are a lot of other people working in the vicinity.
Pros
Benefits. Vacation time. Hours.
Cons
Career advancement.
Good company, somewhat stable
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJanuary 20, 2017
I have worked for Lockheed Martin the majority of my career since I graduated college, it's been around 13 years but now I'm apart of Leidos with the recent spinoff. Lockheed has definitely seen a lot of changes throughout the years and they have had their fair share of layoffs, VESPs, etc. It's been stable for the most part for myself, however; I will say they need to pay more attention to their employees and employee recognition. I know it's hard to do with a large company like LM but this is the reason most people leave. I have been fairly happy with LM over the years, however; I think they could pay more attention to their employees/work-life balance, etc.
Cons
Healthcare
Areas to grow
General Clerk I- Tech Svc_Engineering Svc (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 21, 2016
If you are an engineer or executive there are lots of areas to grow within but in the adminstrative field there are not alot of areas unless you move to other states but in virginia I did not see alot of opportunity. In the position I am in now there is no where to move or gain merit increases.
Pros
GREAT COMPANY TO MOVE WITHIN DEPENDING ON YOUR SKILL LEVEL
Cons
UNDER WD THERE ARE NO RAISES
Interesting and challenging place to work. Comfortable office well integrated with military customer.
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAMarch 15, 2017
A typical day will start with getting ready to instruct gathering materials and prepping the room. You are surrounded by some of the most knowledgeable people in the Aegis combat systems community. It is a constant challenge to keep up to date on the latest changes and incorporate them into the lessons. The management on-site is demanding and helpful, they want their people to succeed. The culture of the work place is very inclusive and friendly. The hardest part of the job is digging through various resources to find information and keeping lesson topics up to date and pertinent. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is being in front of students and watching them grasp a concept that is difficult or finally realizing that something they thought was hard was able to be accomplished with a little bit of effort.
Pros
Location is in the country, near to D.C. good people to work with
Cons
Days can be long. There is shift work.
Challenging and cutting edge
Business Applications Programmer, Senior Staff (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAMarch 4, 2017
You get to work on challenging and cutting edge technology. You work closely with your management and customer. Your work is valued. I was allowed to develop my skills to provide better support of my co-workers and customers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Relocation may be required anytime during your career
Great Place to work with great benefits and experience.
Subcontract Technical Manager / Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Great Place to work with great benefits and experience. You are kept very busy with usually good variety of tasks, Management is good or at least usual for a big company. Co-workers tend to work well with each other. Hardest part is the politics, as usual. It is good to have many resources to use.
Productive and progressive, innovative company
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VADecember 20, 2016
A great place to work! Very competitive salary packages and great room for growth and personal advancement.Very large company with great people to work with. Team atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits, personnel growth, work life balance
Cons
Demanding
Great place to work!!
Security Forces Captain/Shift Security Commander (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 17, 2016
Very good place to work, very professional with great benefits and opportunities. my days were varied with slow days mixed with high ops tempo days. Our management in our dept varied with the personality of the manager. the hardest part was working with the Union. Most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
People
Cons
Union. politics
Excellent Culture and Career Path
Manager of Financial Accounting & Systems (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJDecember 29, 2016
Lockheed Martin is the best of the Fortune 100 companies I have worked for. It is also very intriguing industry and company with lots of growth potential, longivity, great benefits, excellent culture and lots of locations to work at
Pros
Industry, care for employees, growth, benefits
Cons
It is very large and if you get lost in the ocean
Unique place to work.
Senior Missile Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJanuary 27, 2017
Learned the non military side of rocket building and non destructive testing of the of the rocket.

A very detailed oriented place to work with room for 0 mistakes.

The hardest part of the job was the working with the government inspectors. They would seem to find the littlest thing out of specification and reject the item.

The engineering staff was extremely knowledgeable, easy to work with, and receptive to all inputs put in from the craftsman side.
Pros
Dental and Vision Insurance, Raise progression
Cons
Health Insurance
31 years at Lockheed
Senior Staff Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 1, 2016
I had a great tenure at Lockheed Marietta as an Engineer. In recent years, working at Lockheed Marietta has deteriorated. Many people aren't happy with the company. They have eliminated pensions and raised the cost of benefits significantly. People don't trust management. They are eliminating many of the older experienced engineers and hiring unexperienced people. Many people believe that the Marietta plant might not be around much longer, not sure about that.
Pros
Great co-workers, good hours, every other Friday off
Cons
Cant trust management, no pension, mediocre benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

88%