Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 3,240 reviews matching the search
Working on a military base
Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee) –  Naval Base Indian HeadSeptember 26, 2016
The job was exciting and fulfilling checking vehicles in and out of the base. Not working arduous hours. helping our military have a safe and productive service.
Pros
Being on a base again.
Cons
N/A
lots of opportunities for company engagement
Senior Cost/Schedule Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 25, 2016
good work/life balance
friendly helpful co-workers
excellent benefits and compensation
lots of opportunities for career enhancement
tough advancement
Good job
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 23, 2016
Good job with benefits! Left due to relocation only. Coworkers are wonderful management is acceptable just sloe to advance.
Benefits are great
Benefits
Cons
Potential for advancement
Closing Government Contracts
Governemnt Contract Close OUt (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 23, 2016
Answering phones, filing documents, entering Government contacts, closing of Government contacts. I loved working at Lockheed. I liked all of my co-workers. Was wasn't really anything hard about this job. I enjoyed just working
Pros
working
Enjoy working
Plant Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2016
Enjoy working in a safe relaxed atmosphere. Very proactive about safety. Worked a lot of hours with little time off. Management was easy to communicate with. Very enjoyable job
Friendly and professional workplace
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2016
I found Lockheed Martin to be a very good company to work for. Management was responsive to employee's needs and demonstrated genuine concern for the employees.
good place to work and people you work around very knowledgeable in their craft
Welder A - Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 21, 2016
Fabricating and Welding Parts directed to me by supervision and work with other employees to get the job done. Have the satisfaction of creating a part or parts that will help the space program
Pros
very nice place to work
Cons
some unqualified management
Great for workers w/ families
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 20, 2016
I was able to start my days at 530am so I could be done early enough to pick up my children from school.

It was work that you could do on your own and were not waiting on someone else to finish so you could start.

While I was there for 12 years we did have four different managers. At times there was no manager and when a new one would be hired it was myself that would need to train them.

The atmosphere was friendly and fun while also getting your job done.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Managers
Productive environment
Avionics Engineer/Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 20, 2016
High expectations for performance and response to customer service issues. Great opportunity to learn and advance. Interfacing with other engineers allowed for a more through knowledge of system interface.
Large Corp atmosphere. Good co-workers in difficult environment.
Engineering Aide Sr Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJSeptember 19, 2016
Daily work life can be difficult due to company push for working lean, to the point if is impacting daily tasks. Company strikes a pretty good work/life balance. Co-workers are enjoyable to work with and have made friends over the years.
Pros
Work/life balance. Co-workers.
Cons
Benefits. Corp only concerned about bottom line, not so much employees.
Summary
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2016
Currently work at Lockheed Martin as a counselor for consumers. I take an average of 60-70 calls a day giving and submitting accurate information into database. Management and co-workers at my current employer are all team players and they all allow me to do my job daily. It can be challenging mentally but it allows me to challenge myself with each difficult task. I like the fact that I can help people are who struggling with specific issues.
Great Salary, Great Company, Very Stressful High Energy Environment, Very diversified
Systems Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2016
As far as a salary is concerned, Lockheed Martin pays their employees well for a job well done. It is a great learning environment to develop new skills, but be prepared to learn on your own. A typical day at work is loaded with virtual meetings and virtual customer support. It is a stressful environment and many of the co-workers do not have the time or patience to help others due to scheduled deadlines. I enjoyed assisting programs with achieving a successful software deployment and also did some project management to ensure completion of tasks. It is a great place to learn how to achieve great results in the shortest amount of time possible and learn to deal with a high stress and demanding environment.
Pros
Great Salary, Holidays and Benefits
Cons
No time for breaks and sometimes working through lunch, Demanding and high stress environment
N/a
Configuration Management (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NESeptember 14, 2016
Great company to work for with good people. I was able to improvement my skills and continued to learn new things in different areas.
A great place to work with good people
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 12, 2016
A great place to work with good people. A very professional atmosphere. A project management based business operation.a typical day was meetings and then working through lunch to go to more meetings.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Productive, professional place to work
Facilities Representative, Sr (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 12, 2016
Productive, professional place to work. Great benefits. Great co-workers. Wished they had a cafeteria. Felt safe and secure working there. Management team was very helpful with promoting my strengths.
Fun activities were planned to keep employee morale high
Executive Secretary, Corporate Treasury (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 12, 2016
I actually worked for Martin Marietta before it merged with Lockheed in 1995. The teamwork among the Executive Secretarial staff was outstanding. The two Assistant Treasurers I supported were good at informing me of what they expected of me and acknowledging me when I performed well. They also handled my errors with understanding and retraining.
Pros
Several fun events each year designed to maintain employee morale
Cons
This was not a personally rewarding job
Great workplace
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 12, 2016
Very nice people to work with. Flexible work schedule with. Learnt a lot from very talented people and nice management.
Interesting and open working enviorment
Tech Student Senior (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 11, 2016
Flexible work hours and meeting times. Spontaneous and knowledgeable co-workers. Great manager, no micromanaging. Challenges where to meet client expectations.
Pros
Open and Friendly co-workers, Clear defined tasks
Cons
New challenges beyond my expertise and experience
Productive, challenging place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 10, 2016
Working with the union was a challenging experience. Navigating the union rules and learning to operate in their restrictions was one of the most difficult parts of the job.
good place
PRODUCTON OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 9, 2016
it was an enjoyable experience. friendly people that were willing to share their knowledge. Management was understanding of personal needs.