Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Interesting workplace
System Integration and Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLFebruary 21, 2018
A lot of outstanding people work for Lockheed Martin, but there are a few managers who really have no business being managers! There is plenty of opportunity if you are working in the right areas.
State of the art
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Benefits are among the best of the companies I've worked for: 401k, health care, raises. They do really interesting stuff and I was proud to have worked for them right out of college.
Pros
Training
Cons
A great place grow my skills
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Lockheed-Martin was an excellent place to work and grow my skills. I only left because the program I was working on ended.I started with this company right out of college.
another giant defence contrator
Software Engineer Developing (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 20, 2018
what are you going say... typical defense contractor with large projects. Good place to learn some skills and get out.
they pay pretty good. look out for the layoffs though!
Excellent company
Senior Logistician (Former Employee) –  KuwaitFebruary 20, 2018
Great company to work for. Job description is discussed with you during your in-processing. All needed all take care of (supplies and equipment) for your daily task.
Great Company
Network Engineer, Senior (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 20, 2018
Lockheed is a good company to work for. It is large and there are locations around the world. It is a little high stress since we ar a government contractor, but overall not bad.
Defense Contractor Formality
Corporate Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day was fairly well planned in advance. Job duties were assigned and the focus was on completing the assigned projects. It was one the best Internal Audit departments I was ever around, so I learned a lot about auditing.

The workplace was friendly, but formal.
Good people, terrible pay
Field Engineer II (Current Employee) –  NJFebruary 19, 2018
I love working here, but when you find out that the guy who sits next to you in the office makes as much as you do when you're an SME on a system with a BS, and he's never seen the system he's working on, nor has a degree, something is wrong. Lockheed is known for lowballing, and the only way to get a real raise is to leave and come back.
Pros
Great work-life balance (where I work anyways)
Cons
Terrible pay (and now terrible insurance)
productive and fun
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 19, 2018
great place to work, everyone is pretty friendly and there is a playful
but produtive atmosphere. production is normal paced with occasional fastpaced work to reach short deadlines. I would definitely go back, it was the best job I've ever had.
Well compensated for hard work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 19, 2018
This company rewards those that work hard and complete all of their tasks. There is upper mobility for all that give 110% and want to move up. LM does require a lot to be done and therefore it is hard to complete all of the work in a typical 40 hour work week. Great culture for fairness to all and expects everyone to treat others with respect. Benefits are great and management has great vision.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Work hours
Good company
Senior Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 18, 2018
Lockheed Martin (LM) is a good company with great benefits. I enjoyed my time at LM but decided to accept a higher paying position with SAIC. I would go back to LM if a position becomes available.
My Experience
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 18, 2018
Typical

There was no such thing.

Learned

Learned a great deal when the budget allowed for upgrades such as Cisco Flex Pod and Nexus tech

Knee jerk reactions no real planning

Workplace

Very stressful

Hardest part

Seeing my colleges lose hope

Most Enjoyable

The people I worked with on a day to day basis.
Pros
Security
Cons
Everything else
Not the company it was
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Lockheed Martin is a poor place to work. Management is more interested in replacing the experienced workers with college hires than they are with being able to meet deadlines and put out a quality product. Just look at JSF. The experience that made programs like the F-16 so successful was laid off in order to replace them with college grads who have no loyalty to the company or what was being done. The new kids would be leaving after a couple of years just to go after the higher paying job.

Benefits suck. Where the health insurance used to be top notch, LM decided to manage their own program, hence huge copays, out of pocket and premiums. This was before Obamacare.

No, this is not a company you want to work for if your goal is job security. No one is safe from the stupidity of management.
Very good place to work
Tooling Engineer III in Aerospace Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 17, 2018
There is a good collaborative culture there. A teamwork environment. This is my second time working there. This is a great area to live in. I really don't want to leave this job. I am trying to find another position within the company.
A great place to work
Welder Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 17, 2018
A great place to work. All kinds of benefits. The company offers flex hours. Different start times to help with family schedules, and todays hectic lifestyles.
Pros
Great place
Contractor for USMC
Lead Multimedia/Graphic Specialist (Former Employee) –  USMC Quantico, VirginiaFebruary 17, 2018
As a contractor in support of the Collage of Distance Education and Training we created online courseware and training material. Lockheed supported this contract until the USMC decided to go to a small business award.
Excellent work environment with Experienced and Professional People
Aircrew Mission Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Lockheed Martin was a great employer with generous benefits and a pleasant work environment. Professional people surround you inspiring you to excel in achieving the next level. Lockheed Martin is customer focused and did a wonderful job balancing expectations with employee life and requirements. I enjoyed my time working at Lockheed Martin.
Rewarding and Challenging
Design Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 15, 2018
My employment and Lockheed Martin was rewarding and challenging. The opportunities to learn something new and work with people of various backgrounds and cultures was enjoyable. Managing change was a daily activity and required interaction with several departments such as Finance, Master Scheduling, Production and Global Sustainment. The hardest part of the job was the length of time required to win contracts to manufacture or modify new aircraft. Acquiring these contracts are necessary to maintain employment levels.
Pros
Excellent Work Enviroment with great benefits
Cons
Must consistently win contracts to maintain employment level
Great Place
Cyber Intel Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 15, 2018
Overall a great place to work. They treat the employees overall pretty well. Compensation is average but job security is good. Get to work on some incredibly interesting projects.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Vey bad management from the top to the bottom. Hard to get promoted, very political and cut throat. Most managers should not be managers. Decent benefits and great paid time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

52K