Lockheed Martin
2,011 reviews

Lockheed Martin United States Employee Reviews

I like my job at Lockheed Martin. My job title is Desktop Imaging Engineer which consist of costomizing Operating Systems such as WinXP and Win7.
Enterprise Operations Computer Support Sr (Current Employee), Fort Worth TexasApril 22, 2015
Contract labor assignment
Senior Material/Procurement Planner (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZApril 22, 2015
• Contract labor assignment for 2.5 years as a Material Planner.
• Created and maintained recommended spare material for Lockheed Martin installations.
• Was part of software implementation team when Lockheed Martin changed to new material management software. Was responsible for data integrity during the data conversion.
Grow to the best of yourself in your career
Test Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: High Compensation
Cons: Extreme pressure to meet deadlines
During my long career, I was a constant learning, and took on huge amounts of responsibility. I was able to broaden my skills through many experiences and job titles. I was a Test Engineer for Satellite processing, an Engineering Liaison to Manufacturing and purchasing, a shop planner a manufacturing engineer and a design engineer using the latest CAD tool. Many of these roles were done simultaneously and had far reaching affects on manufacturability in design, shop leadership, and increased in-house and outside vendor customer development.

Management is undergoing big changes as the pressures in the industry increase due to sequestration and competition.

All of my co-workers are hard working professionals that know how to utilize all the resources available to them.

The hardest part of the job was the surprise workload increases and critical need dates that could not be missed. Missed dates could result in a 1M per day loss.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the diversity in what I did day to day. I was able to carve out a multi-faceted set of job responsibilities that ensure success of the team I worked with, and for entire group. The results were an increase in overall efficiency for the company; thereby I knew I was making a positive difference with my contribution.
Great Place to work!!
Senior Financial Analyst/ Business Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 20, 2015
Lockheed Martin is an excellent place to work. The work environment is very exceptional and the training and experienced gained is priceless.
Stepping Stone for advancement
NETWORK VOICE COMMUNCIATION ANALYST (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 20, 2015
• Responsible for the day to day PBX administration. Perform moves/adds/changes. Identify, analyze, diagnose, and respond to employee requests, questions, and issues.
• Provided program and management support for planning, development, installation, and maintenance of telecommunications systems and video teleconference systems.
Great engineering opportunities
Utility Engineer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 20, 2015
Always being challenged to provide the best product available.
Peers are top notch.
Competitive salaries
Many opportunities
Corporate outlook is very good
Good experience. Interesting place. had cookouts, people were interesting to say the least.
Industrial Security Rep Asc/CST/ACT (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 18, 2015
It opened my eyes to the corporate world and to military contract work. I really enjoyed my job and what I learned. I would have liked to see more and do more but because of the nature of the work a person is limited.
Great Benefits
Facility Project Manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 17, 2015
Lockheed Martin is a good place to work for very flexible and great holiday shutdowns and we get every other Friday off.. Now that's a bonus!
Awaiting my clearance to begin work here
Contracted Security Escort and Guard (Current Employee), Aurora, ColoradoApril 15, 2015
Pros: Have not started yet
Cons: Have not started yet
Currently awaiting the final adjudication of my clearance to begin working here. Once cleared I am hired to provide part time security and escort at Buckley AFB.
Great people and great flexibility
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Akron, OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, every other Friday off, flex schedule, onsite cafeteria.
The company was great overall. Some issues with culture, but the pay/benefits were impressive along with the job security. Ability to further develop your skills with a variety of educational courses.
Great
Senior Mechanical Engineer / Project Lead (Former Employee), Dugway, UTApril 13, 2015
Lockheed Martin was a great opportunity to learn and grow. I would strongly recommend working for Lockheed martin. This was a unique location for Lockheed martin and not typical for Lockheed martin contracts.
Lockheed Martin is an excellent company that cares about employees and manufactures quality products to our government
QA Engineer / HR Rep (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Excellent training programs, salary packages, team building, etc.
Cons: Potential for lay offs
• Managed Internal ISO audits team: coordinated, scheduled and planned annual audits for multiple departments and facilities
• Developed and revised company manuals, policies, procedures and work instructions
• Supervised employee training activities, administered health and compensation benefits
• Analyzed and processed data for root cause analysis of manufacturing anomalies
• Managed corrective and preventive actions resulting from internal and external audits
• Collected data for departmental metrics and generated supplier and vendor reports
• Reviewed calibration and manufacturing records for compliance and effectiveness
A good way to start after College.
Engineering Technician II (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 13, 2015
My first job out of College to start on the Electronics field. Gives you a nice jump and see how the product is done and constructed and maintained.
Great company to work for
Senior Systems Administrator/Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2015
Pros: great opportunity for advancement and excellent benefits
Cons: None
It is really a nice company and always looking to advance it's workforce.
The management team enpowers the workers and welcome their input.
Great company
Production Support/Supervisor (Current Employee), Silverdale, WAApril 10, 2015
I plan to retire from Lockheed Martin. Great structure, great people, and great compensation. I have learned a great deal and I hope to teach new employees what was instilled into me.
Employee Engagement Committee
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Vienna, VAApril 10, 2015
Pros: 401k
Cons: places to go for lunch
Challenging and Fulfilling, Full spectrum of HR. Team Effort. Customer Satisfaction, Meeting, Customer Expectations.
A professional company with a "always move forward" attitude.
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), Rock Island, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Professional Attitudes.
Cons: Reorganizations.
People were great. Had a great time. Constant reorganizations. Management was great. Salary was good, company training was the best.
F-35 Crew Chief
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Eglin AFB, FloridaApril 9, 2015
I have been working on the F-35 for two years now as a Crew Chief, we work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week doing scheduled, unscheduled, upkeep, launch and recovery of the aircraft. I have learned so much about the different systems of the aircraft and enjoy working on the aircraft. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to learn about the different systems of the F-35. I manage a crew of 4 maintainers and we ave a great working relationship with them.
n/a
Property Management Program Analyst (Current Employee), East Point, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The company has excellent benefits and good compensation. Management is very supportive in terms of life balance. The work environment is also great. The team consists of very experience professionals.
Contracting for Social Security Administration
LAN/WAN Engineer (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDApril 7, 2015
Pros: Team Gatherings, Top notch work environment
Cons: Contractor offers no benefits, no vacation time and no benefits.
A typical day for me would be to review all escalated problem tickets that have been called in to our Level 1 helpdesk, transferred to Level II and ultimately transferred to Level III for resolution. I prioritize and make contact with the POC (point of contact) to be sure we have all of the updated information correct and begin advanced troubleshooting. During the week I also work on testing any software changes that we may have to make to our core Operating System Image. I test the changes in a lab environment, and then submit a formal CCB to our testing group who will make sure there are no conflicts with ALL of the other programs that we use (commercial off the shelf or COTS) and Specialty software written for and by SSA. Once the approval is met, we implement these changes out into the field by way of Phase in groups, then ultimately into production for the entire WAN.

I work well with my Co-workers and we rely on each other for our specialty skill sets. I am lucky to be working with some of the brightest people at SSA.

The hardest part of my job is when the contact person does not reply or is unavailable. Being how I am only working with remote offices, i need the contact person to be there when so we can duplicate the problem.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the thanks that I receive. Having people appreciate what you do is priceless.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more

Lockheed Martin Salaries