Lockheed Martin
1,911 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

Very large company producing exceptional results
Senior Applications Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, ALFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: leadership is amazing
Cons: staying employed (not being laid off between contracts)
Working for Lockheed Martin has been amazing. Although the company size might frighten some who think that they may become diluted in a highly expansive workforce, “LM” is always showing me and my family that “we all in this together”. This has made me a more productive engineer and family man. *** WORK LIFE BALANCE *** Assignments have been rigorous and sometimes almost unachievable. However, going into 9 years (sub-contracted and) direct LM employee, I have yet to miss a deadline. The greatest difference in my experience has been my leadership chain. From vice-president down to my Senior Engineering manager, the focus resonates the SAME message. Many of my contracting partners have joked using our LM clichés’. (Sad thing is,… when we actually deliver the message we advertise, the joke is on them). I am proud of our team and company. Our customers are demanding and I respect their tenacity to expect results. This is another reason LM maintains the level of quality and care on each of projects.
Productive work place and professional
Lead Manufacturing Planning Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: health ins
Overall very professional environment. Leading in technology and very team oriented. Good management and coworkers.
I did not have a bad experience with Lockheed Martin. However I was a contract worker with NIH. Which was not a great experience.
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: contract at nih was not a positive experience.
Contract with NIH. This rating is based only on NIH rating. Lockheed Martin experience was good. However, I could not give a good rating working with NIH as a contractor. Practice was very unfair, emails all hours of the night asking why we are not responding to our after hours email.
Excellent place to work.
Training and Development Operations Site Lead (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: the people.
Cons: commute
..... ....... .... .. .. .. . ....... ...... ....... ..... ..... ....... .... ......... ..... ..... .... ...... ........ ...... ....... ..... .... ....
Great Place to Work
Associate Programmer (Former Employee), Prairie View, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Great Place to work. I learned a lot when dealing with the task that i was assigned. I was assigned to a team call TS21 Training systems for the 21st Century
Opportunity to Learn
Business Financial Analyst (Former Employee), VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: skills to strengths
Cons: transfers and relocations
Great company and work is rewarding but work-life balance is non-existent. I moved 10 times in 12 years - kept getting transferred to projects in the yellow or red. Moving expenses were paid for by the company but 12 years of packing and unpacking takes a toll.

Learned allot - was able to develop my skills to strengths. Rewarding mission even when client requirements changed often. Co-workers were always eager to help - team work was primary.
Too much emphasis on political correctness and diversity
Program Management (Former Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: too much empahasis on political correctness and diversity
Company is overwhelmed with political correctness, diversity and bureaucracy. Promotions are few and far between. Salary and benefits are better than average.
Great place to find consulting positions for US Govt
Regulatory Compliance Analyst Senior Staff (Former Employee), HomeFebruary 20, 2015
Wide variety of consulting positions. Mine was for agency I used to work for. My experience was very positive. The consulting position gave me the flexibility to work from home, part-time, and provide a valuable service to my former agency.
Services Contract
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 20, 2015
Very dynamic work environment that requrires the ability to make independent descions
Must be a self starter with the ability to learn quickly and respond to short notice tasking
My experience there was insightful
Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good people, processes, work life balance
Cons: very military oriented
Overall I enjoyed working at Lockheed-Martin and working with rocket scientists on building satellite's. I worked on commercial and government programs which gave me a great balance of different things to work on.
Excellent Training department.
Assembly F-35 (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Excellent training and opportunities to advance. The supervision is overloaded with responsibilities without the authority and support to execute. There is a high demand on supervisor/management personal time yet flexible to accommodate appointments and higher education learning.
Stressful and not a very fun place to work
Production Control Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FlFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: cafeteria on site
Cons: short breaks, little recognition, high stress and poor benefits
Understaffed, stressed workforce, little benefits and poor wages for hourly employees, advancement is nonexistent, unless you have a relative that is management with the company or you are fresh out of college. Experience counts for nothing.
Subcontract work on T&M and FFP subcontracts
Subcontract Administrator, Senior (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 18, 2015
Work closely with different Program Managers.
Respond to supplier requirements.
Work with AP to resolve issues.
Track subcontracts funding.

The hardest part of the job is that I support numerous programs which requires keeping on top of many different tasks daily.
Challenging environment
Technical Writer/Test Engineer/Help Desk Lead (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: friday payday
Cons: management is in colorado
Every day is different, my tasks vary from being in control of the help desk for the entire army for the NetUSR application to helping the test team test the software developed. I have learned how to multitask, take lead in an area, and budget my time. I enjoy living close to my office and being able to come and go with no management breathing down my neck.
Exciting and Energizing place to work
Business Development Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: competitive salaries, well respected, pays for performance
Cons: can be difficult to maintain a work-life balance
Lockheed Martin is a great place to work. It is lead by very skilled people that care deeply about their customers and employees. The only problem with some parts of LM is that the work is all encompassing and leaves little time for family and recreation.
Typical ex-military atmosphere
Avionics Flight Technician (Former Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: encourages furthering education
Cons: periodic layoffs and union difficulties
Good pay for good work. Often during inclimate weather and temperatures. Good bunch of guys overall (flight line).

That's a I've got to say about that....
High stress, fast paced atmosphere with constant change
Subcontract Management Sr (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible job schedule
Cons: high stress
Issue solicitations
Negotiate contracts
Administer contracts
Attend meetings all day, every day
Heavy focus on metrics
Not for advancement
HR Access Help Desk (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 14, 2015
Cons: rigid requirements, no supervisory support.
The job with HRAccess is thankless, difficult and has very few rewards. I do not recommend it to anyone except as a last resort.
Lockheed Martin
Logistics Management Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: disconnect of communication for important imformation
Lockheed Martin was a good place to work. I leaned a lot about the manufacturing and maintenance operations through supply chain, supply support, fabrication, and working side by side with labor union personnel. The part of the job I liked most was that I contributed to the war fighter .
High Tech great company
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne Florida / AfghanistanFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: very high end technical
Cons: away from home to long
Great to be apart of a team to support the military on such a high technical device. Lockheed Martin treated me well. Lockheed took care of their employees well while they trained in a hands on environment. I trained at their site in Melbourne Florida and then was located to the Army Yuma proving grounds for more training. By the time I was located to Afghanistan there was no question about what I needed to do to get the job done. All the people hired to do the training were top notch.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more