Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,154 reviews matching the search
Dedicated Work Environment with High Level Expectations
Conference Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 5, 2016
Working for Lockheed Martin's Center for Leadership Excellence is a fantastic opportunity. I am consistently driven to success the expectations of Lockheed Martin's Executive Leadership Team and the high level VPs that fall under the various business areas lead by the Executive Leadership Team members. The hardest part of this job is ensuring that all teams are aware of updates or changes to the event/program when provided on site. Supporting events for the CEO is both challenging and rewarding knowing that she has faith in my skillset to exceed expectations.
Overall Lockheed Martin has been a good company to work for
Prj Mgt & Plng Opns Rep Sr (Training Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 13, 2016
Overall I loved my job, my teammates and my management. The managers that I supported for the most part were great to work with. I learned something new just about everyday. The most challenging part of my job was people going to class as scheduled. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people and feeling like what I did made a difference.
Pros
Great hours, benefits
Cons
The MyLearning System, overall morale
Successful Corporation with excellent support and benefits
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2016
Potential existed for overall changes and structure as new opportunities were evaluated. Consistent management changes often led to confusion with manufacturing elements. However, a very small procurement department provided support which improved overall turnaround time, measurable inventory status reports, while never exceeding budgetary constraints and meeting governmental compliance standards.

A challenging opportunity every day with multiple personalities but a sense of contribution and success over rides the day-to-day.
Pros
Having a voice to present ideas
excellent company with good benefits
Software Engineer (Staff) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2016
I work in engineering evaluation of electronic measurement instruments for automated avionic test systems. The work is most interesting and challenging. The hardest part of the job requires lifting heavy instrumentation into test bays. The most fun part is debugging software and hardware problems. Also developing new code for updated instruments.
Pros
excellent people to work with
Cons
sometimes very long hours
Enjoyed some of my Co-workers that knew what was required for the day.
Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 21, 2016
Everyday was pretty much seeing what work load would change from pulling 200 to 1200 tickets ,stocking parts into proper locations and any other issues from cycle counts,bin verifications,etc.Learned SAP inventory system and CRIB-MASTER part of the warehouse inventory system.Worked great with other co-workers.The hardest part of the job was trying to get everybody to work as a team and accomplish goals to get everything to run smoother.Get to broaden my work ethics and Camaraderie with fellow employees.
Pros
Temperture controlled warehouse
Cons
Job Security
A Great Place to Work and Learn
Business Development for MFC Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 12, 2016
Lockheed Martin is the best company I have worked for in my career. They offer opportunities for advancement, education, and movement. Management and leadership are supportive and involved. The work environment is good with co-workers that are positive and supportive as well. The hardest part of my job is the time away from my home and the high pace, multi-tasking requirements - it can be stressful, but is always rewarding in the end.
Pros
Benefits and culture
Cons
Large company with many layers of management
Lockheed
Systems Engineer/Architect Senior Staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Very big and diversified company. I loved working for Lockheed Martin; they are one of the best companies when it comes to policies , standards, and engineering processes; which made it a lot easier to document and monitor progress. The only down side is that they quickly hire and quickly lay off outstanding engineers once they detect a market crisis - job security is not highly regarded.
Pros
Project and Program diversification, good place to expand one's career
Cons
Gaps in plans to provide job securities for even the most valuable employees
Enjoyable place to work with plenty of opportunity to learn new areas
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 30, 2016
My direct manager was outstanding you could go to him for anything and feel as though he has your undivided attention. My coworkers are very knowledgeable and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time between some classes to prepare for the next class. I enjoyed going to work everyday with the people I worked with.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not enough instructors to cover all classes
Solid Aerospace & Defense Compnay
Contracts Negotiator, Staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
One of the benefits of working for such a large corporation is the ability to move around in order to gain new experiences from various programs. They have tuition reimbursement for those who want to continue their education. There's also gym reimbursement to help promote healthy living. There are peaks and valleys in workload: some days are calm while on others you're scrambling around like a chicken with its head cut off. It's a desk job, where (for the most part) the only walking you do is from your desk to the conference room for a meeting (where, again, you sit). It is a heavily defense-driven corporation. With that, comes a lot of Type A personalities.
Pros
Every other Friday off (9/80 schedule)
Cons
The pension was cut
Working for Lockheed was like working for a bunch of villiage idiots
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJune 20, 2016
A bunch of hicks from the sticks won a contract. They treated previous MDC employees like criminals offered very little in benefits and beat us like tent pegs when we asked for overtime. Which was all the time because management was horrible and we were always working to straighten out there messes.
Pros
Cons
Lockheed can kiss my royal rear end
Good Place to Work with Job Security
Software Engineer Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2016
There are tons of things to do at Lockheed Martin and the only reason I would leave is for personal reasons or advancement. Job security is great for the most part and there are lots of teams to try. Your schedule is pretty lenient and having every other Friday off is great. For the most part, they don't like you working more than 40 hours so work life balance is very manageable.
LM is a good company but struggling with gov't funding concerns
Sr. Manager, Global Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 7, 2016
Lockheed Martin is a good company to work for but has struggles with the government budget and the ability of its customers to provide consistent work streams. For that reason, Lockheed Martin is pulling out of the more volatile services contracting where the government often seeks personnel through the contract vehicle and treats them as an extended workforce versus allowing the prime to complete a mission outlined in the contract. Lockheed Martin will be a great company once it is no longer supporting the poorly managed agencies.

The personnel are great and there are many opportunities.
Pros
Many online resources; Reasonable work/life balance
Cons
Too much online reliance impacting management guidance
Ability to learn new skills and advance
Parts Cataloger Inf Spec Checker Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 4, 2016
Worked for 30 plus years starting out as an EDP Terminal Operator. I was able to take classes and advance up, ultimately to being a Parts Cataloger, equivalent to Technical Writers, of which I advanced up to a lead position. LMCO provides great benefits and for the most part, great people to work for.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Having to work at the main plant
Lockheed Martin offers good work-life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wallops Island, VAJune 8, 2016
Lockheed Martin tends to pay wages and salaries below market, but compensates with a quality work-experience. Generally, management assumes 99% of employees will do the right thing if given the opportunity. Consequently, management is weak to encourage creative problem-solving and foster initiative. This has obvious benefits for the work-force's well-being and the quality of products and services delivered to customers. However, there are drawbacks to this approach to management as well. In terms of benefits, before the 2008 financial meltdown Lockheed Martin's benefits were acceptable. After 2008 executive management rapidly degraded benefits, along with the size of annual merit raises. Some benefits have been removed entirely.
Very good company to work for
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2016
My decision to go to work at Lockheed Martin proved to be a very important decision in that I was a single parent and needing to provide for myself and my family. As far as I am concerned, Lockheed's employee benefits are the best in Tarrant County, Texas. I am very proud to be retired from Lockheed Martin.
Pros
Medical insurance, flex time, generous vacations
Cons
government bureaucracy, hard to obtain promotions, hard to communicate with upper management
A Once Proud Company In Decline
Global Sustainment (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 22, 2016
I have been an LM employee for several decades and have witnessed it's severe decline, which seems to be accelerating lately. Employees are lied to about telecommuting opportunities when power hungry local area managers refuse to allow it. We no longer care about producing airplanes in Marietta, diversity and political correctness is our sole overriding concern. We are currently losing our best employees with an unsustainable turn over rate. There is no morale left and most people are there strictly for the paycheck. The young ones are leaving in droves and the older ones are taken for granted and can't wait to retire. Something will have to change soon or the Marietta site will cease to be viable.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Just about everything else
Good and sometime a great Company
Lead Flight Inspector (Current Employee) –  Owego, NYJune 22, 2016
Overall, Lockheed has given me the opportunity to get a degree, trained me in six sigma, and help me mature in the Quality field. I love my job, but it has been hard to move up and out my current role. Lockheed is a great place to work and with a lot of determination can provide long term employment.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Hourly Qualtiy employees slow to advance
Overall an ok company to work for
Aircraft Structural Mechanic II, Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 20, 2016
The work was good but to much micro-managers. When you were left to complete jobs it was a good environment. We completed them on time in most cases. It became more of a circus at the end of the contract and no one from middle to upper management communicated with the people that did the work.
Pros
Fexable hours and pay rate
Cons
Micro-managers, lack of communication
Lockheed Martin was a amazing company to work for.
Infrastructure Systems programmer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 29, 2016
We were outsourced from Nike to Lockheed and at first no one liked it. Lockheed proved to be an amazing company to work for. They supported all levels of employee and there were many learning opportunities. I loved the management and the people I worked with. My co-workers were the best. I cannot think of anything that made this job hard because Lockheed took care of their employees.
Lockheed Martin
Subcontract Administrator, Senior (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 26, 2016
Supportive and dynamic workplace. Change is the mainstay of the company. For a large company they are very flexible. The only reason I am moving on is due to change. I recommend Lockheed Martin to any individual wishing to find a good place to develop skills in government contracting support, from contracts administrators to technical engineers at government locations.
Pros
competitive pay, good benefits, supportive company
Cons
significant change in services industry, management rollover