Lockheed Martin
1,859 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

Technical Support Analyst
Information Systems Analyst Sr. Position (Former Employee), Windsor Mill, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: worked with good people
Cons: healthcare
I enjoyed the job very much. There were many opportunities to learn new skills and room for advancement.
There is a lot that doesn't make sense
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 26, 2015
There really isn't any formal training, so you will learn whatever the person sitting next to you knows.

Management does not really watch you, so you are able to prioritize your duties yourself and work independently to accomplish tasks. Those who are not organized really bring a team down, however.

I have never really seen any consequences for those who consistently do a very poor job.

Salaries are all over the place and do not seem to be based on actual performance.
Very Solomn,
Multi Functional Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Richland, WAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: bad communication.
Go to work, do your job and go home. Not a lot of communication like there should be. No advancement unless your a friend of a friend.
Good
technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FlJanuary 25, 2015
Installation of security systems. System was for an Air Force Simulater.
Great working environment for 33+ years
Integrated Product Team Lead (Former Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Enjoyed most job assignments, lots of opportunities, challenging work, very fair pay scale.
Great benefits and plenty of opportunities to learn but difficult environment.
Contracts Negotiator, Sr. Staff (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 22, 2015
Many well developed processes and capabilities.
Days can be hectic and difficult to plan.
Expectations are high and there is no guarantee that you will not be held late or work over the W/E (without notice).
Not all management is effective. Expectations are unclear and criticism is common.
Lockheed Martin
Information Sys Analyst Sr (Former Employee), Baltimore MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: working on contracts
Cons: working on contracts
I was hired to work on the Mainframe for Lockheed Martin as a contractor for SSA. I learned a lot and met some wonderful people.
I enjoy working on flight hardware.
Lead Aerospace Technician (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: working on flifgt hardware
UNITED SPACE ALLIANCE (Lockheed Martin/Boeing), Kennedy Space Center, FL 1984 –2013
Lead Aerospace Technician

• Directed, oversaw and trained a team of up to 12 technicians. Assigned tasks ensuring work performance met established quality and safety procedures.
• Participated in scheduling meetings involving nearly 50 people from engineering, planning, flow management, safety and quality control to align resources with schedule requirements.
• Trained new hires in all aspects of job requirements which ensured quality production and safe work environment.
• Maintained Space Shuttle systems to include mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, pyrotechnical, hypergolic and cryogenic assemblies, complex components and sub-components, including ground support equipment. This ensured mission readiness and safe flight.
• Collaborated with USA and NASA Engineering to improve the performance, quality, and reliability of mechanical systems and components.
Project Stretch Assignments
Facilities Project Scheduler (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: stretch assignments
Working for Lockheed Martin has been one of the greatest experiences. I have been through many training opportunities along with various stretch assignments. The company truly believes in cross training employees.
Decent job, can get boring
Financial Analyst co-op (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 21, 2015
The pay is decent, the work schedule is great. Some days there is nothing to do and it can get boring.
productive and fun place to work with growth potentail.
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Working for Lockheed was genuinely a positive experience for me.The atmosphere was slightly charged with anxiety,but,what company isn't. The time that I worked there I had the opportunity for my skill set to be put to the test and learn other methods to incorporate with mine on the F-16 wing new build.
Material Planner (Former Employee), Marion, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: cafeteria on site
Cons: can be stressful
A good place to work, very interesting products to be involved with and good people to work with. However, it can be a stressful place too.
A very professional company to work for!
GIS Analyst (Former Employee), Yuma, ArizonaJanuary 19, 2015
Lockheed Martin was a very professional company to work for. The only improvement I would suggest would be more vacation time.
Fun, Challenging
E-Discovery Project Manager (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Daily case management ranging from receiving search criteria to ingestion/production of ESI
If Only More Companies Were Like Lockheed Martin...The world would be a better place.
Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee), Reston, VirginiaJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great lifestyle plus work.
Cons: layoffs
I speak from experience. I worked for the company for 7 years. The money was great. The benefits were great. The opportunity was great. I suffered a layoff due to the contract ending. My life hasn't been the same ever since. More companies should treat their employees the way Lockheed does.
work day
General Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 18, 2015
I enjoyed working for LM, but due to my family growing I was unable to deploy as much.
All you need is love of aircrat
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: learned new thing, watching them test the engines at test cell.
Cons: i got laid off
My job at Lockheed Martin was a dream come true. Ive always wanted to work for a military aircraft manufacturer. They were all nice and willing to explain what was duties and how to perform the task at hand. My experience was a positive and I look forward to working for a military manufacture in the future.
Very cheap in order to undercut the competition.
Configuration Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2015
Very diversified English and American culture and majority religions suffer.
the most horrible place to work
Senior Technician Specialist (Former Employee), littleton, co.January 15, 2015
Pros: they offer free antidepressant meds
Cons: you'll need them everyday
I would never recommend this company even to my worst enemy. How they make money, no more importently, how they don't get people killed is beyond me. The culture is cutthroat from management to employee and employee to employee, I fully expect to read about workplace violence anyday. There are way better companies to gain work experience from, any of them are better than this black hole of negativity.
over all a good place to work
B INSPECTOR (Current Employee), Johnstown, PAJanuary 15, 2015
lay off here and there. like any company anymore these days. great work and good people to work with. good bit of overtime and pay pretty good for the area. learn a lot about quality and what a new assy should look like.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more