Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,108 reviews matching the search
The best company I have worked for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 29, 2016
Lockheed Martin is a great company to work for. They are very concerned with the workplace environment and provide training to keep employees informed. Their benefits are fantastic and management is very professional and personable. I have learned so much in the 9 years I have worked.
Pros
flexible hours
bmd crew
Level 2 Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 29, 2016
some people are willing to show you things and some people will not because scared you will take there jobs. got to be in the in crew to move up.
Interesting contract with TAD PGS, Inc. for Lockheed Martin
Senior Software Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJune 28, 2016
Whom I work for at Lockheed Martin was great. And it was a great company when working with the customer who where also great.

My comment on the contract house, TAD PGS, Inc., is they need take some management classes.
Hostile
C-5 Lead Instructor/Courseware Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2016
This company sucks. They only care about their bottom line and throw their employees to the curb. I would not work for them!
Racial bias!
Mechanical Assembler/Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 26, 2016
Racial discrimination was apparent and deep especially the Union that was suppose to protect the employees. Their were more snakes than genuine people which made it a very contagious environment for conflicts.
Pros
The ability to work on the projects.
Cons
No one was to be trusted the only way to move up was to be a treacherous snake.
Typical big manufacturing company
Quality Engineer, F35 Supplier Quality Management (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthJune 25, 2016
I can't complain too much, decent starting salary but slow advancement. The work is engaging some days but boring many other days. Very cyclical and bureaucratic.
Pros
Fort Worth is nice
Cons
slow advancement for top talent
good place for starters
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 25, 2016
this company cares for workers.
Good place to learn and grow.
Workforce was kind of old and lots of disgruntled people.
lots of drama and conflicts with some coworkers.
overall was fun to work there.
Lots of prior military personnel, veteran friendly
Pros
good benefits and education opportunities
Cons
promotions are hard to get.
Supportive management with advancement opportunities.
Lab Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work would begin with checking in with my supervisor for information exchange and requirements for any new tasks that need to be worked.

Every day at Lockheed was a learning experience. Training was very important to management and part of my annual goals. I made several trips offsite to be trained on new security equipment while working in the test lab.

My co-workers were like a second family. We celebrated births and birthdays and shared the heartache of death, divorces and illnesses.

There were days that seemed as though the job would never get done, especially in the test lab. Many times when official military testing was being done the hours extended until 3:00 in the morning. I guess the hardest part of my job was getting laid-off and having to leave after almost 25 years of service.

Working at Lockheed was awesome. I was constantly learning new processes and was challenged everyday to take on more difficult tasks.
Pros
Education, challenges, travel, opportunities, and the pay.
Cons
Government contracts... always fear of layoffs.
Successful Corporation with excellent support and benefits
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2016
Potential existed for overall changes and structure as new opportunities were evaluated. Consistent management changes often led to confusion with manufacturing elements. However, a very small procurement department provided support which improved overall turnaround time, measurable inventory status reports, while never exceeding budgetary constraints and meeting governmental compliance standards.

A challenging opportunity every day with multiple personalities but a sense of contribution and success over rides the day-to-day.
Pros
Having a voice to present ideas
Great Place to work
Data Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wallops Island, VAJune 23, 2016
Lockheed martin is a great company to work for. The work can be challenging and being that I am prior military, I enjoy working for the military.
Good work environment
Customer Service Rep Specialist (Current Employee) –  Randolph AFB, TXJune 23, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job would be assisting new employee's with enrollment to their benefits. Management is easy to work for. I learned great costumer service skills.
Quite Office Setting
Office of General Counsel (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 22, 2016
I learned on-the-job experience as a paralegal in Healthcare Law in a non-competitive market. A relaxed atmosphere with no sales.
Good and sometime a great Company
Lead Flight Inspector (Current Employee) –  Owego, NYJune 22, 2016
Overall, Lockheed has given me the opportunity to get a degree, trained me in six sigma, and help me mature in the Quality field. I love my job, but it has been hard to move up and out my current role. Lockheed is a great place to work and with a lot of determination can provide long term employment.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Hourly Qualtiy employees slow to advance
Enjoyed some of my Co-workers that knew what was required for the day.
Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 21, 2016
Everyday was pretty much seeing what work load would change from pulling 200 to 1200 tickets ,stocking parts into proper locations and any other issues from cycle counts,bin verifications,etc.Learned SAP inventory system and CRIB-MASTER part of the warehouse inventory system.Worked great with other co-workers.The hardest part of the job was trying to get everybody to work as a team and accomplish goals to get everything to run smoother.Get to broaden my work ethics and Camaraderie with fellow employees.
Pros
Temperture controlled warehouse
Cons
Job Security
Working for Lockheed was like working for a bunch of villiage idiots
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJune 20, 2016
A bunch of hicks from the sticks won a contract. They treated previous MDC employees like criminals offered very little in benefits and beat us like tent pegs when we asked for overtime. Which was all the time because management was horrible and we were always working to straighten out there messes.
Pros
Cons
Lockheed can kiss my royal rear end
ME/Planner (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJune 20, 2016
Worked at Lockheed Martin for 23 years. Went contracting to try something different.
Learned different areas of manufacturing thru there Education they provided.
No comment
Senior Staff Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 18, 2016
The Job is hard as expected. Great teams that work very hard to complete the task. No planning fire fighting. This is my view of the situation.
Given the Contract world...
BCT-3 C2 Technician II (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 18, 2016
Years of employment with Lockheed Martin have been marked with a great Program Manager and support staff.
Pay and Benefits are competitive and in line with many major corporations.
Pros
Great management and support staff.
Cons
Contracted work.
This job allowed me to experience the space program and how the tanks operate on space shuttles.
Building Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 17, 2016
Building technician assist in the construction of the external tanks for NASA shuttle craft. It gave me the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people.
Pros
Benifits and the appreciation of doing this job.
Cons
Space program was discontinued.
vary good company
Aircraft Mechanic 1 (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 16, 2016
Lockheed is by far one of the best companys I have worked for would like to stay employed but the contracts has changed hands
benefits
Cons
n/a

Best places to work in