Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 3,611 reviews matching the search
Lm
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (DC3 Contract) (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDJanuary 19, 2017
Management is pretty much absent during the week. Pay is low for the task preformed.
During my 5 years with the company I have had 2 conversations (per year) with the boss, mid and end of the year review.
Honest Company, Good Engineering
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Interned there for 4 years during college and was placed in a full time position after graduation. Engineers and management generally dedicated to delivering a good product with a strong engineering foundation.
Pros
Good career opportunities, atmosphere, fun and involving projects
Cons
Can feel large
Very supportive team
Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I have been able to grow as a Safety professional, and have been able to utilize my Environmental experience as well. Both the Manager and my team mates allowed me the time to grow and learn. While primarily this is an aerospace company, we have a eude range of production and engineering combined.
Not much growth but solid
Business Area Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Company does not advance many except Brown noses. Also very cheap. Great people though. Also free lunches from time to time. Will string you along
Pros
Lunches people
Cons
Politics
A lot of people not working on phones all the time , people that actually work do all the work
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Workers work people that don't work play on phones all day, workers get talked to to work harder faster, ones on phones and do nothing all day nothing done to them.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Workers always called to work harder faster to compensate for people that don't work
Exciting and meaningful mission; felt valued and appreciated; excellent benefits including flex-time
Administrative Assistant Sr (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day included routine tasks (making sure calendars were updated, answering phones, booking travel, preparing and submitting travel expense reports, attending staff meetings, creating meeting notices, coordinating monthly Customer Program Management Reviews, overseeing many conference room schedules) as well as tasks needing immediate attention such as; emergency travel or change of itinerary; being prepared to handle unexpected issues (customer concerns, catering, audits, assisting other departments including the MSP V.P.).

More importantly than what I learned on the job, is what I learned about myself personally. I learned that I can get the job done and have fun in the process. I learned that my directors, managers and peers came to trust me knowing that I would always get the job done.

The hardest part of the job was routine tasks that became boring. I always sought (and found) work that was different and challenging (time permitting). I enjoyed working with engineers and became an unofficial "engineering aide" working with SharePoint documents.

The most enjoyable part of the job was pranking my directors. After a while my jokes came to be considered a stress reliever since we all worked in a very high-stress environment.
Pros
Flex-time, excellent benefits and compensation
Cons
I retired and moved to NM to be with my wife who works for the NM State Department.
Entry Level
Subcontract Management Senior (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Glad I started here and learned about corporate and government affairs. this was a job straight out of college and I enjoyed it very much. I would recommend it to others
Productive and challenging place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst Lockheed Martin (Former Employee) –  ‘Ewa Beach, HIJanuary 12, 2017
Enjoyed over 9 years of work producing the world's best and most reliable torpedo.Enjoyed working with coworkers and putting together ideas to make the job and work experience great.
Pros
Stable Job
Cons
Proactive and professional working environment
SME Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 11, 2017
Analysis based working environment with opportunities to utilize technical, analytical, business, accounting and finance, cultural, linguistic, and personal skills.
Pros
Self motivating environment
Cons
Time sensitive tasks
Great Opportunity
Manager of Programs / Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 11, 2017
Company was great and benefits top notch. Learned a lot and great workers that I would consider as friends.. Unfortunately totally dependent on one program at my location.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Dependent on one program that was awarded to another.
Lovely Place to work
Supervisor/Technician, Production Control (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJanuary 11, 2017
Working for Lockheed Martin in Lanham Maryland was a lovely place to work. people were friendly and hard workers. they were always willing to go the extra mile.
Firearm instructor
Specialist, Firearms Instructor (Former Employee) –  Colts Neck, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Truly one of the best companies throughout the United States to work for.
Top, paramount company who treats their employees with respect and diginity and all equal.
Pros
entire company
Cons
non
Pretty laid back depending on who you work for.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 10, 2017
Greenville, SC site seems to be the step child of LM. It is non union, unlike the rest of them. There are quite a few people that have been there for over 25 years. The workforce there is a skeleton crew for such a large facility.
Don't work for Lockheed Martin on a Contract basis
Technical Trainer, Sr (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 10, 2017
The management style is at best Draconian. They only care about numbers and people are not even on the list of concerns. If you accomplish x amount of work within a given time frame, then you are expected to be able to double that amount within the same time frame on the next project, and then double it again on the next, etc., etc. The work expectations are at best unrealistic and can be best described as delusional. If you are a masochist, then you will be right at home!
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Great place to start a career with inspiring missions
VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Observed strong talent development over ten years at this firm. Very strong financial and ethical values and focus on inclusion. Missions are very strategic and leverage high technology
Intern Opportunity
CWEP (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Great opportunity to be an intern in the defense industry. Will allow you to network and understand the business, culture, and products Lockheed Martin supports.
Complacent Giant
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Large DoD contractor with plenty of talent but culture of complacency. Potential for advancement within the company if you're willing to relocate. Company is in transition after leadership changes in the previous few years. Company doesn't offer many employee benefits compared to industry competitors unless you were with the company prior to 5 years ago.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Complacency, low employee appreciation
Too much Database work that could be done by non-engineer personal
Electronic Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 8, 2017
Spent too much time getting parts released into their system. This could be done by non-engineer personal. To get parts into their system it required 10-15 sign-offs and the people signing off took way too much time doing so.
Pros
Lots of perks if needed
Cons
too much engineering time spent getting parts into thier system
excellent
Procurement Rep Senior (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 7, 2017
Worked at LM 18 yrs. Peers were like family. Great environment. Treated employees good. Enjoyed my work and working with peers. great place to work.
Fun and relaxing place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2017
I learned how to coordinate simultaneous projects. Overseeing the cycles from start to finish. If the opportunity presents itself, I would work here again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.