Lockheed Martin
1,414 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

Overseas location
Program Administrator (Former Employee), United KingdomApril 7, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: healthcare not the same quality as usa
I worked for Lockheed Martin in an overseas location. Worked for managers who were not always on the same page. Enjoyed answering questions for employees who would be working at a field location on what to expect.
Management made it a fun place to work
Direct Project Support (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: co-workers were dedicated to helping veterans, flexible schedule if needed, sense of pride and accomplishment were recognized
Cons: under pressure to complete certain number of cases each month
Authored and prepared final decisions for distribution to the veteran and DFAS. Reviewed monetary assistance and applied laws and publications mandated by the government. Very cohesive work environment. Staff was mission oriented.
Hardest part of the job was to inform the veteran he did not qualify for our program.
My team of Contractors was very professional and we backed each other up 100 percent
Operations Analyst Senior (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoApril 5, 2014
Being on a team of former Senior Non Commissioned Officers and Commissioned Officers we shared the passion and vested interest in working with each other to make sure we gave maximum effort each and everyday to get the job of Cyber and Space exercises done correctly and planned accordingly.
Tossed to the curb.
Software Engineer Staff (Former Employee), Egg Harbortownship, NJApril 4, 2014
I worked extremely hard for Lockheed Martin. When came time for layoffs my second line manager recommended I work full time. When the layoffs occurred, both my first line manager and second line manager forgot to put on the books that I was full time. I had been full time for about 2 months. The company laid off many part-timers. Always wonder if that – more... could have saved my job. They require their employees to give 150% but when they make the mistake it is too late. – less
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 4, 2014
Lockheed Martin is a good place to work overall, however, layoffs happen every so often.
Decent Job security and challenging workload
Contracts Negotiator (Current Employee), Marietta, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: excellent benifits, flextime, 9/80 work schedule
Cons: heavy workload, short suspenses, limited advancement
There are numerous meetings to ensure team members are work towards same goal. It is critical that you are have a firm understanding of FAR and DFAR requirements in order to make sound business decisions on contractual matters. Chairing meetings and guiding proposal teams to achieve program objectives are a daily requirement. Providing leadership and – more... mentorship to peers helping strengthen team cohesion, professionalism, and contracting knowledge is also a daily task.
The hardest part is managing changing priorities and short suspense’s. Time management critical to achieving program objectives. Negotiating with customers who are struggling with a shrinking budget presents the biggest challenge. The most enjoyable part is working as part of team. – less
United Space Alliance
Aero Space Tech SR. Electrical and Mechanical (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center / NASAApril 3, 2014
Pros: satifaction of a job well done.
Cons: program ending
Preparing the space shuttle for launch.
How to perform at a professional level.
Management was always watching.
Co-workers were caring and a family.
Program ending.
When the space shuttled launched and was in orbit.
Enjoyable but always there
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor choices by upper management
Loved the people I worked with. I loved working with the people I worked with. The overall level of center minded focus on a degree in anything compared to experience led to the loss of a lot of good employees
Fun missions
QF-4 Aerial Target Pilot and Controlle (Former Employee), alamogordo nmApril 2, 2014
Pros: flying
Cons: environment
average day, but learned very little new things. Co-workers were not team players.
Good People that care about employees.
Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee), Eagan, MNApril 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: somewhat difficult advancement
I worked in a production area and very much enjoyed the interactions with engineering staff and management.
Prj Mgt & Plng Opns Rep Sr (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 2, 2014
Good benefits, work-life balance, etc. Was able to easily rotate around different areas of business operations.
Productive and great experience
Subcontractor Administrator (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 1, 2014
Very busy from start of work day till the end, corresponding with the program managers and vendors to make sure that all requirements were meet and got the best price for the product or personnel.

Management was good and very helpful when uneventual situations arose.

My co-workers were the best, always willing to help me when needed and to give advice – more... in situations where I had questions.

I enjoyed talking to the customers and vendors, helping them with all of their purchasing needs. – less
Very challenging jobs
Senior Government Financial Analyst - Compliance (Current Employee), Littleton, COMarch 31, 2014
Very challenging jobs in Finance and long hours often times (depending on location/program)
work /life balance
Sr. Systems Integration/Test Engineer (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMarch 31, 2014
Pros: work /life balance
Cons: no job security
It was an overall good company to work for, not to mention the challenging assignments.
JPRA
Application Software Developer (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: leading the team
Cons: restrictions by the government
• Worked with the customers first hand, made all decisions for the 4 farms that were managed.
• Learned an in depth method for developing the architecture of an a-typical SharePoint Portal for both Classified and Unclassified environments.
• Lockheed management worked well with what was needed to get the mission accomplished.
• Had one excellent co-worker – more... in the SharePoint crew, had a very talented support network and systems administration team.
• Giving the customer what they wanted and if not, explaining why not.
• The high pace and the amount of growth in my knowledge base. – less
good people to work with
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 30, 2014
It was a good balance of family and work life. the people I work with is what made a good kitchen.
large company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2014
standard large company pros/cons

slow raises and promotion cycles

you are replaceable
THIS WAS A PRODUCTIVE JOB AND FUN
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits, compensation
Cons: i was laid off
I LOVED THIS JOB TO THE HIGHEST OF ANY JOB I'VE EVER HAD THE PAY WAS AWESOME, THE CO WORKERS WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL,THE MANAGEMENT,THERE WERE NOT MANY HARD TASKS ON THIS JOB,THE MOST ENJOYABLE THING WAS GETTING PAID EVERY WEEK WAS ANOTHER AWESOME DEAL!!
great
Facility Security Officer (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDMarch 28, 2014
great, place to work for
Very conivent and work life
balance is good
sr field engineer
Sr. Field Service Engineer PTDS Afghanistan (Former Employee), afghanistanMarch 27, 2014
Austere locations. Worked independent at times.
worked on wescam camera system for over 2500 hours of actual on the job ISR requirements

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more