Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 3,909 reviews matching the search
Challenging Work
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 20, 2017
The most exciting part of the job was the day-to-day challenges in managing a new systems development process. There was always something new to learn and the opportunity to contribute to producing an innovative product.
Pros
Innovative work, a great team
Cons
Long hours, minimal time off
All over the place
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  AFGHMay 20, 2017
To be honest, I'd rather not comment on my experience with LM, I just feel it is unprofessional to speak on my opinion on a company when truly I was only involved with a small part of it.
Great company
Missile Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, GAMay 20, 2017
I had a great experience working for Lockheed Martin and if I didn't want to pursue school and not commute so far I would not have left the company. Great benefits, culture, and work environment.
Great group of folks to work with.
Material Handler Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLMay 18, 2017
Work was hard but most of the time everyone would help out if they had the time to do so. It helped having prior military folks working with me because easier to work with since I am used to that setting.
Great Company
Technical Inspector 160th SOAR (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 18, 2017
Supervisors challenge the employees to find ways to improve the company and work area, always listening and acting on the idea when feasible. safety is paramount Lockheed is very concerned for the employees health during work hours
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Wrong location
Job Quality
Teen Parent Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 18, 2017
The job quality of the agency was questionable. The agency received grant funding for a program that was not promised to be awarded every five years. Management was understanding and available for any assistance. The job was enjoyable
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No room for advancement within the program
Top Notch Employees
Corporate College Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAMay 18, 2017
Lockheed Martin was the cream of the crop of engineers creating defense strategies for our military. It was a very impressive place to work with lots of talent.
Great Enviornment
Mech II (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLMay 18, 2017
I have been working here for just under a year now and I love it. Most of (4/5) of my managers are wonderful teachers and mentors. My co-workers are pleasant and funny, as well as very intelligent and knowledgeable. The overall picture of this place is great. I am fresh out of the Navy so I may have some blinders on, but I love it here.
Okay
Lead Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 17, 2017
Good Benefits, management, however they needed more ability to move people around internally. Overall a good company, but only really worried about the bottom line not the employees
It pays, but not enough
Test Director / Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2017
Lockheed Martin used to be better, but the contracts in the naval area became biddable, and to be competitive, the employee has suffered.

Benefits and salary used to be much better. Now we can't keep people because corporate wants to pay them so little. Everybody seems to know that except HR, who are the ones that approve salary.

For San Diego anyway, they want people with relevant skills, but they don't want to pay anywhere near what every other company is offering.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low pay
Project oriented environment
Sr Manager, Engineering Program Management (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAMay 16, 2017
Driven by cost and timeline. Organized and knowledgeable project management personnel were expected by the military client. Report outs to that client team had to be presented with precision and integrity
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
constant travel
Challenging
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 16, 2017
Challenging fast paced environment. Mix bag of employees who loved it and others not so much. Many of the computerized programs utilized such as , employee reviews and travel expenses were very laborious and time consuming. Company is very policy driven.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Employee review system needs vast improvement.
A great company to be a part of
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAMay 16, 2017
Lockheed Martin is an excellent team to become a part of. They take care of their own which is hard to find in a Fortune 500 company. I would recommend this company to anyone who is serious about honing their craft with state of the art equipment.
Avoid company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 16, 2017
This company is clearly interested in protecting retired military officers, specifically, Colonels and above. Regardless of their incompetencies they are continually promoted
Pros
good pay
Cons
weak, worthless retired officers
Excellent job to grow professional practice
FNP (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2017
Very good company with good benefits. I learned how to perform surveillance exams and earned my certification in DOT exams. The company is exciting and the employees appreciate our clinic and the services we render to prevent the employees from having to make a visit to their primary doctor.
competitive environment
Lead Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 15, 2017
competitive environment with good management. no benefits offered. learned a lot with management being very supportive and teaching employees a lot. learned a lot about contracts negotiation and the hardest part of the job was not having the immediate boss in the same office as the long-distance phone calls made it difficult to learn and ask questions.
Pleaseant work conditions with up-to-date equipment and training.
Accounts Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 15, 2017
Good job performance resulted in easy advancement and recognized efforts. They provided great opportunities for advancement. The staff seemed to be eager to become a cooperative TEAM!!
Interesting place to work
Computer Operator IV (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2017
I learned a lot about litigation, prepping for court cases. Moving evidence from one source to another for attorney's trials. Handling confidential and sensitive information.

I enjoyed working close with the District Attorney and her peers.
Pros
Learning court proceedings
Cons
Healthcare was too expensive
Fun when working with the right people.
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newton, PAMay 15, 2017
The typical day can come off as very repetitive and unfulfilling depending on the colleagues that you work with. I have learned that having a mentor can help you better guide you career. Depending on the what level of management, you can some time feel under appreciated.
Pros
people are great.
Cons
health care Benefit, Contracts
life at lockheed
Manufacturing Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2017
good place to start a young career
no job security, limited career moves for young ambitious engineers, I enjoyed having a supportive manager , and i liked the 9/80 workweek
Pros
cool projects
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval