Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,198 reviews matching the search
Lockheed
Systems Engineer/Architect Senior Staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Very big and diversified company. I loved working for Lockheed Martin; they are one of the best companies when it comes to policies , standards, and engineering processes; which made it a lot easier to document and monitor progress. The only down side is that they quickly hire and quickly lay off outstanding engineers once they detect a market crisis - job security is not highly regarded.
Pros
Project and Program diversification, good place to expand one's career
Cons
Gaps in plans to provide job securities for even the most valuable employees
Enjoyable place to work with plenty of opportunity to learn new areas
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 30, 2016
My direct manager was outstanding you could go to him for anything and feel as though he has your undivided attention. My coworkers are very knowledgeable and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time between some classes to prepare for the next class. I enjoyed going to work everyday with the people I worked with.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not enough instructors to cover all classes
Solid Aerospace & Defense Compnay
Contracts Negotiator, Staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
One of the benefits of working for such a large corporation is the ability to move around in order to gain new experiences from various programs. They have tuition reimbursement for those who want to continue their education. There's also gym reimbursement to help promote healthy living. There are peaks and valleys in workload: some days are calm while on others you're scrambling around like a chicken with its head cut off. It's a desk job, where (for the most part) the only walking you do is from your desk to the conference room for a meeting (where, again, you sit). It is a heavily defense-driven corporation. With that, comes a lot of Type A personalities.
Pros
Every other Friday off (9/80 schedule)
Cons
The pension was cut
Good Place to Work with Job Security
Software Engineer Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2016
There are tons of things to do at Lockheed Martin and the only reason I would leave is for personal reasons or advancement. Job security is great for the most part and there are lots of teams to try. Your schedule is pretty lenient and having every other Friday off is great. For the most part, they don't like you working more than 40 hours so work life balance is very manageable.
Poor management, but good job
Plant protection officer (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 23, 2016
From all of my jobs I have ever had. Lockheed Martin, was the best job I have ever had. As a part time plant protection officer they had very flexible schedules which could accommodate school or other jobs. The employees of Lockheed Martin treat you with respect which for security is uncommon. Fellow officers were for the most part dependable. The atmosphere and culture of Lockheed Martin is undeniably great. The issues I had with Lockheed Martin was the inability to advance, poor leadership from upper management of security. Favoritism and nepotism were rampant in management. Overall the job was great, and the minor issues with management can be overlooked due to the major pluses of the company.
Pros
Work atmosphere, benefits, flexibility of schedule
Cons
Poor management, favortisim, nepotism
Good and sometime a great Company
Lead Flight Inspector (Current Employee) –  Owego, NYJune 22, 2016
Overall, Lockheed has given me the opportunity to get a degree, trained me in six sigma, and help me mature in the Quality field. I love my job, but it has been hard to move up and out my current role. Lockheed is a great place to work and with a lot of determination can provide long term employment.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Hourly Qualtiy employees slow to advance
Lockheed Martin offers good work-life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wallops Island, VAJune 8, 2016
Lockheed Martin tends to pay wages and salaries below market, but compensates with a quality work-experience. Generally, management assumes 99% of employees will do the right thing if given the opportunity. Consequently, management is weak to encourage creative problem-solving and foster initiative. This has obvious benefits for the work-force's well-being and the quality of products and services delivered to customers. However, there are drawbacks to this approach to management as well. In terms of benefits, before the 2008 financial meltdown Lockheed Martin's benefits were acceptable. After 2008 executive management rapidly degraded benefits, along with the size of annual merit raises. Some benefits have been removed entirely.
Excellant company to work for
Construction Engineer / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenton Va.July 20, 2016
Lockheed Martin is a superior company with it's employees needs that come first. We work in a team atmosphere where all projects become visible to all managers and if help is required, assistance is at hand. I really enjoy the years with Lockheed.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Lockheed is selling out our portion of the company
A Once Proud Company In Decline
Global Sustainment (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 22, 2016
I have been an LM employee for several decades and have witnessed it's severe decline, which seems to be accelerating lately. Employees are lied to about telecommuting opportunities when power hungry local area managers refuse to allow it. We no longer care about producing airplanes in Marietta, diversity and political correctness is our sole overriding concern. We are currently losing our best employees with an unsustainable turn over rate. There is no morale left and most people are there strictly for the paycheck. The young ones are leaving in droves and the older ones are taken for granted and can't wait to retire. Something will have to change soon or the Marietta site will cease to be viable.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Just about everything else
Very good company to work for
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2016
My decision to go to work at Lockheed Martin proved to be a very important decision in that I was a single parent and needing to provide for myself and my family. As far as I am concerned, Lockheed's employee benefits are the best in Tarrant County, Texas. I am very proud to be retired from Lockheed Martin.
Pros
Medical insurance, flex time, generous vacations
Cons
government bureaucracy, hard to obtain promotions, hard to communicate with upper management
On the phones all day long!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Randolph AFB, TXJuly 27, 2016
LM really is a good company, and the benefits are very good. My co-workers were good people and fun to be around.

The job itself? When I got moved from running telephony reports back to 100% taking phone calls (on the military side, instead of the civilian side) I hated every minute of it. I had no issues when I was on the civilian side, but the military side was a whole different game. Not being prior military myself, I just grew to dislike taking calls.

At this location, there was also very little chance of advancement. It's a dead end job.

Recently, it may be that LM lost the contract to Goodwill and is laying off people from the TFSC (Total Force Service Center.) Hopefully Goodwill will hire them on if the person still wants to work there.
Pros
steady 40 hours, no OT required, decent pay.
Cons
The job itself. Answering phones 8 hours a day SUCKED
Racial bias!
Mechanical Assembler/Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 26, 2016
Racial discrimination was apparent and deep especially the Union that was suppose to protect the employees. Their were more snakes than genuine people which made it a very contagious environment for conflicts.
Pros
The ability to work on the projects.
Cons
No one was to be trusted the only way to move up was to be a treacherous snake.
Overall an ok company to work for
Aircraft Structural Mechanic II, Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 20, 2016
The work was good but to much micro-managers. When you were left to complete jobs it was a good environment. We completed them on time in most cases. It became more of a circus at the end of the contract and no one from middle to upper management communicated with the people that did the work.
Pros
Fexable hours and pay rate
Cons
Micro-managers, lack of communication
Great pay but hard to advance
Production Planner Sr. Spec (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2016
If you were not an salaried exempt employee you had no chance of advancement. They would build you up that you can go far but when you applied for positions there was always an excuse for why you didn't get the job.
All the people I worked with were fantastic, it was like one big family. Management had their good days and bad.
Lockheed is awesome
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2016
A typical day on the job was interactive and engaging. All of my coworkers came into work to get the job done. I was working in the shipping department packing boxes and issuing work orders. We would build crates and load them to be shipped to other counties. I would operate machinery like electric pallet jacks and work lifts.
Lockheed Martin was a amazing company to work for.
Infrastructure Systems programmer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 29, 2016
We were outsourced from Nike to Lockheed and at first no one liked it. Lockheed proved to be an amazing company to work for. They supported all levels of employee and there were many learning opportunities. I loved the management and the people I worked with. My co-workers were the best. I cannot think of anything that made this job hard because Lockheed took care of their employees.
The best company I have worked for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 29, 2016
Lockheed Martin is a great company to work for. They are very concerned with the workplace environment and provide training to keep employees informed. Their benefits are fantastic and management is very professional and personable. I have learned so much in the 9 years I have worked.
Pros
flexible hours
Lockheed Martin
Subcontract Administrator, Senior (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 26, 2016
Supportive and dynamic workplace. Change is the mainstay of the company. For a large company they are very flexible. The only reason I am moving on is due to change. I recommend Lockheed Martin to any individual wishing to find a good place to develop skills in government contracting support, from contracts administrators to technical engineers at government locations.
Pros
competitive pay, good benefits, supportive company
Cons
significant change in services industry, management rollover
Not quite a safe place to work.
Electronic Field Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 8, 2016
Stationed at Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan for two consecutive year and was exposed to all the elements of a war torn Country was not the best experience ever. Learned to adapt and overcome quite easily because of my Military leadership.
Pros
Great paying job with great benifits.
Cons
12 hour shifts, 7 days a week and lots of bombing.
NCOIC in charge
Senior Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 16, 2016
Managed inbound and outbound shipments through customer Bills of Lading (BOL) and third party Bills of
Lading. Facilitated inbound and outbound International shipments through customs port of entry. Ensured
unbroken movements from port of origin to final destination administrative support; invoicing; customer
support