Lockheed Martin
1,789 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

Work/Life Balance was challenging
PANEL LEAD & PROJECT MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Rockville, MDNovember 4, 2014
As a seasonal employee, immediate managers were not flexible when it came to family emergencies, etc.
Great Company
Administrative Associate, Office of Space Launch (Former Employee), Vandenberg, AFB CANovember 4, 2014
Productive and fun workplace with good benefits and flexible work hours
Great company
Training Project Lead (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 3, 2014
I cannot say enough good things about Lockheed Martin. Encouraging culture, great work-life balance, proactive, advancement possibilities, high emphasis on training.
Supporting our warfighhter
Database Administrator (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: lots of holidays
Cons: buildings without windows; cubicles
Fun and challenging environment; key to growing within the company is to move around laterally across programs and areas

Don't let old school managers impede your ambition or contribution to continuous improvement.
What they don't tell you when you get offered a job fresh out of college.
Software Engineer and Technical Intern (Former Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 2, 2014
Pros: lot's of options to move around the company, decent salary, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement and a few other benefits
Cons: failing to explain to new grads what exactly they can expect.
Please be aware that you will be waiting for a clearance that could take up to 5 years! Sometimes it comes in as fast a month, but on average I believe it is 6 months. I waited 2 years just to find out I was declined. I wish I could get those 2 years back. So if you are willing to gamble a little then go ahead and accept the offer.
Wonderful place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 1, 2014
I absolutely loved working at the Fairfax office. Very professional, very friendly.
As an employee here I was not driven to do more and be my best
IS&GS College Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, COOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor process, old technology, not stimulating, frustrating at times
As a young college grad, I want to work on projects that challenge me and force me to learn. At Lockheed Martin, the benefits of working hard and going above and beyond were insignificant. The work did not require me to bring my best and after each day I often left frustrated with how slowly everything moved. More often than not a small easy fix would – more... take the entire week to get through paperwork and process, using my skill inefficiently. Also there was a significant age gap between me and the other employees at the Lockheed Martin facility I was employed at. – less
Challenging, Exciting Work
Manager Business Development and Capture (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaOctober 31, 2014
The ethos of Lockheed Martin aligned with the military culture I began my professional career with.

Co-workers and management have a common purpose and work together to provide the best product to our customer possible.
the best place ever
Numerical Control Programmer (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: superb company
Cons: politics
I loved the 9-80 work schedule.
Great people, best company ever.
Awesome aircraft
Educational Technologist (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 30, 2014
Great place to work. Great opportunity to participate in the full life cycle of the instructional design process.
Good Experience Overall
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, ethical and fair treatment, good co-workers
Cons: bureaucracy, no job security, feeling like a number
Overall, I have been treated fairly in terms of salary, raises and special awards for a job well done.

Co-workers have been excellent and I have learned much from them.

The down side is having to fend for yourself when your contract ends. It seems that those who are well-connected in the company or with lots of seniority are retained, regardless of – more... their actual performance.

Also, I have run across some incompetent managers who seem to be protected, even though their blunders may have caused loss of contracts. The rest of us are at risk because of their incompetence, while they are moved around to other programs to keep them safe. I guess Lockheed, being such a large company, can absorb the costs of losing contracts because of incompetent managers.

Another pet peeve is the disparity of treatment between the select few who are being groomed in the leadership development programs and the rest of us. It seems they, mostly college grads, are given lots of training, visibility, stretch assignments and mentoring from upper management to enhance their careers and prep them for assuming corporate leadership roles. Interesting to see that so many of them are leaving the company before its huge investment in them is realized. – less
LM
GENERAL CLERK III (Former Employee), ‘Ewa Beach, HIOctober 29, 2014
Change is the constant. You have to be flexible and have problem solving skill. Don't expect management to tell you job well done or kudos. Lots of areas to learn from.
Good environment
Helpdesk/Computer and Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 29, 2014
I welcomed any challenge that came my way on a regular basis. It was rewarding to have some good accomplishments while working with this company. I was happy to be able to work with some supportive and helpful individuals.
Good place to work.
Senior Staff Information Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Reston, VAOctober 28, 2014
Learned in depth knowledge of the C&A process and obtained process expertise.
Great Company!
Range Safety Officer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: access to work with many different branches of government!
Cons: contracting
Greaty Company, many opportunities! Some Travel needed but they accomodate to what is best for you and your family.
feel like working in a military camp...
Sr. Staff, System Engineer, Lead Safety/Risk (Former Employee), DallasOctober 28, 2014
working in a dynamic environment and projects and tasks keep on changing, so much like working in a military camp. Want real comments? I'd rather keep it private.......
Worked with very knowledgable co-workers
Fabrication/Structures Development Mechanic (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: required a larger skill set
Cons: layoffs
Overall a good place to work with the right supervision and co-workers
Great Community, contract work is hard
Help Desk Support (Current Employee), Richland, WAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great community feel
Cons: contract work is temporary
This company has a great community feeling to it. It's a small office in the IT department and the nerds abound. The only problem is that the company is focused on contract work and only has a few permanent contracts. So, if you're on a temporary contact, then the job security is definitely not there.

I can say that the Managers and Supervisors are – more... people and family oriented. If you have have a life that happens, as it tends to, I found everyone to be very supportive. – less
Great theory, horrible company
System Administrator (Current Employee), Edwards AFB, CAOctober 27, 2014
This is a career that provided great potential, however, the company has made this job something that anyone with a drive to improve and improvise get beaten down over time. If you are looking for a job to come in and be encouraged to not go above and beyond, then look no further, however, if you are trying to really take control and go above and beyond, – more... do not look with Lockheed Martin. – less
Good company. Great Benefits
Security Assistant Specialist (Former Employee), Reston, VAOctober 27, 2014
Lockheed is a good company with great benefits. The salaries seem to be on the low end on the contract I was supporting. Unfortunately my contract was up and the company was not looking to place us so we were forced elsewhere.

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more