Lockheed Martin
2,035 reviews

Lockheed Martin United States Employee Reviews

F-35 Crew Chief
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Eglin AFB, FloridaApril 9, 2015
I have been working on the F-35 for two years now as a Crew Chief, we work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week doing scheduled, unscheduled, upkeep, launch and recovery of the aircraft. I have learned so much about the different systems of the aircraft and enjoy working on the aircraft. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to learn about the different systems of the F-35. I manage a crew of 4 maintainers and we ave a great working relationship with them.
n/a
Property Management Program Analyst (Current Employee), East Point, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The company has excellent benefits and good compensation. Management is very supportive in terms of life balance. The work environment is also great. The team consists of very experience professionals.
Contracting for Social Security Administration
LAN/WAN Engineer (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDApril 7, 2015
Pros: Team Gatherings, Top notch work environment
Cons: Contractor offers no benefits, no vacation time and no benefits.
A typical day for me would be to review all escalated problem tickets that have been called in to our Level 1 helpdesk, transferred to Level II and ultimately transferred to Level III for resolution. I prioritize and make contact with the POC (point of contact) to be sure we have all of the updated information correct and begin advanced troubleshooting. During the week I also work on testing any software changes that we may have to make to our core Operating System Image. I test the changes in a lab environment, and then submit a formal CCB to our testing group who will make sure there are no conflicts with ALL of the other programs that we use (commercial off the shelf or COTS) and Specialty software written for and by SSA. Once the approval is met, we implement these changes out into the field by way of Phase in groups, then ultimately into production for the entire WAN.

I work well with my Co-workers and we rely on each other for our specialty skill sets. I am lucky to be working with some of the brightest people at SSA.

The hardest part of my job is when the contact person does not reply or is unavailable. Being how I am only working with remote offices, i need the contact person to be there when so we can duplicate the problem.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the thanks that I receive. Having people appreciate what you do is priceless.
Solid, knowledgeable working team. Great benefits
Assembler (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, such as pension, 401k, health, eye, dentistry, and life insurance
Great innovative working environment with knowledgeable, professional management. My co-workers are some of the best in the aerospace industry. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was the confidence my supervisor had in me to do the hard jobs and get them done accurately in a timely manner.
A solid place to work
Embedded Software Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good benefits at reasonable price.
Cons: Some wellness programs and 6 minute time tracking.
This is a wonderful place to work. There is opportunity to learn constantly if you are willing to apply yourself to solving difficult problems.

Some of the development practices are a little dated and some of them are mandated by the government, but in general management seems concerned about delivering quality products and staying up with the times.

The hardest part of the job is time tracking, but it is a requirement because of the contracts signed. Government audits are a bit scary the first time, but honesty is always the best policy.

The most enjoyable part is performing your job.
Productive and very professional
SYSTEMS ENGINEER/DATABASE ADMIN SENIOR (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 7, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Lockheed. Although they were extremely professional, they were respectful to all of their employees needs for the company and their personal situations. It was a great place to work especially since the employees have control over their career and destiny for their future endeavors and I learned a lot while being there.
Loved the ability to have a flexible work schedule
HR (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: 9/80 Work Schedule
Cons: Career Growth in certain segments
When i first started working at LM, my children were still in elementary school. The 9/80 schedule allowed me spend quality time with them during their developmental years. I also had the ability to work from home 1 say per week and flex out my work schedule.
LOCKHEED MARTIN IS AN EXCELLENT COMPANY
LOGISTICS MANAGER ANALYSIS ASC. MANAGER (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAApril 6, 2015
WORKING AT LOCKHEED MARTIN WAS EXCELLENT. WORKED LONG HOURS AND WAS PAYED WELL. THEY HAD AN HOSPITAL ON SITE AND COULD TAKE CARE OF ANY PERSONNEL HEALTH PROBLEMS.
Well-known company that uses comparisons to urge you to work more
Mechanical Engineer Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2015
Pros: Helpful retirement program, well-known company, lots of discounts
Cons: Structure of programs can close the door on applicants, giving the feel that they appreciate new hires more than current employees
Not a bad company to work for because it's surprising if people haven't heard the name before. Lots of nice people and you can develop a sense of familiarity. It seemed that where I was working, however, that while there was lip service to "work-life balance" it was only possible to advance by squeezing life out of work. In essence: make work your life, or you won't do well.
Love my job
Senior Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: Breaks, sponsored vacations and a wonderful medical setup.
Cons: Some people. Not many.
Stress free work environment. Friendly co-workers who provided excellent training and supervision. Knowledgeable supervisors. Easily accessible officers.
Challenging environment supervising in a union environment
Assembly Supervisor (Current Employee), Marietta, GAApril 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the weekends. Time away and learning to balance work and life has been an issue. In my current position, weekend overtime has been minimized so I have more opportunities to be at home.
Good Company to work for
Computer Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Overseas LocationApril 4, 2015
Good Company. Plenty of advancements.
Good co-workers
Managing people
CSSR was a good manager.
Job location was very nice.
Good company
Electrical and Electronics Mechanic (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 3, 2015
Lockheed is a good company. The pay and benefits are really good. It's just like any other company...everything has it ups and downs. I really enjoyed the people I worked with which were mostly veterans. sometimes info could be passed around a little better.
Afghanistan should I say more?
Sr Field Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 3, 2015
In Afghanistan on yearly Contract
.PTDS Persistent Threat Detection System Experience with aerostat or lighter than air systems; maintenance of hydraulic winch systems, electromagnetically control systems, experience operating high lift vehicles and fork lifts, experience working with compressed gas systems, electrical power generation systems, and accompanying switch equipment. Associated with military programs; networking & information systems;
Overall not a bad place to work
Senior Muti Function Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 3, 2015
Pros: I was a telecommuter who worked from home full time.
Cons: No job security.
The compensation and benefits were competitive for the industry. Salary increases were not huge (around 2% each year) but at least they were something. No room for advancement unless I wanted to relocate. Work/life balance was different depending on who I worked for. Prior boss expected a lot of extra hours. Most recent boss was much more reasonable. Management in my group was always looking for ways to cut costs resulting in uncertainty and layoffs.
Solidify My Career
Application Software Engineer (Former Employee), Manassas VaApril 2, 2015
This was where my technical career became solidify by working on complex large scale data warehouse. The people that I worked with were exceptional in technical capabilities that I led me to continue to raise the bar for my delivery in any product or service.
An Excellent Company
Human Resources Business Partner, Staff (Current Employee), Herndon, VAApril 2, 2015
Lockheed Martin is an excellent company. As a government contractor it is difficult to maintain a corporate culture with other cultures always creeping into every part of the business. Lockheed has always a strong, if not simplistic, core values (do what is right, respect others and perform with excellence). These values beat like a heart at the center of our company and I believe this is why Lockheed has done so well in so many areas of the industry.
Productive and Organized
Customer Trainer and Technical Writer (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 2, 2015
I loved everything about his job, but the salary was not as competitive as I would have liked. This was a very busy environment, which I loved. The customers were involved in the development process, which helped us to develop better products. The co-workers and management were great and easy to work with. There were many business processes in place and the entire Task Order was well-organized.
Top Secret Clearance
Owego Flight Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Patuxent River, MDMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Weekly Salary
Cons: Contract was terminated
1st Top Secret Clearance. High visibility environment. Supported all government operations. My co-workers were professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was flexibility.
Good company to work for
Capture Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 31, 2015
Lockheed Martin over all is a great place to work, especially my Business Unit. However, because the company is so big, you really need to have a champion that is high enough to be influential or you could become stagnant and not make traction where you want your career to grow.

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more

Lockheed Martin Salaries