Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 4,049 reviews matching the search
Professional, ethical and high respect for employees.
Sr Customer Service - Aero Supply Chain Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2017
This company understands the importance of its employees. Continuous improvement is embedded in the culture. The work is stressful because the roles are stretched to be very lean.
Super work space
Work Order Manager (WOM) (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 5, 2017
Lead communicative person to person, because when team is moving fast in Agile, communication is the effective force which holds the team together. Forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
Pros
location
Cons
pay
Very very interesting work.
Project Engineer Associate (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAJuly 4, 2017
Working at LM was a pleasure. I had the opportunity to obtain training in ordnance safety and to see our nations front line of defense against nuclear threats. There were a lot of A players on their team. It was a pleasure to serve the nation as a civilian contractor and to support our nations national security.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
location
The only important people are the share holders
Technician Production Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 4, 2017
NO comment. I was raised to not say anything at all if there is nothing good to say. Therefore I say no comment. Besides where ever you go it will be totally different.
Army true
Mechanic worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 3, 2017
The people are truly a gem to work with, No matter what is front of you they stand by you. I can not think of a better group of people to work with it's a joy to come in an interact with them all.
Very stressful place to work.
Solder Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2017
Management is not helpful at all. They play favoritism. The Pay rate is good only because they are a union shop, other wise they would be paying minimum wage. In the area I worked in, supervision was never in the room, they would text you to give you the work direction for the day. There are back stabbing people working in the area I worked in. Very volatile place to work.
Pros
Insurance is good
Cons
Volatile work place and HR and Supervision allows it.
Poor management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2017
No support from management. Some of the worst managers I have ever worked for. Lack of experience of managers brings failure to trying to do your job.
Pros
descent benefits
Cons
Managers need to grow a spine. Too many backstabbers.
Great place to work!
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC ASSEMBLER C-130 (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 1, 2017
I really enjoy working at Lockheed Martin. I have learned so much over these last couple of months. as an aircraft mechanic. I work Monday-Friday and most Sundays. I am a hard-worked that takes pride in his work.
Pros
The hours and overtime
Cons
Short breaks
a lot of work
Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 1, 2017
Hard work but great place to work. benefits and pay are great. There is great training done in the facility to help you better your self. rewarding work.
Great Employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 1, 2017
Great Culture, great people enjoyed working there very much. Had a great work experience. Learned a lot and enjoyed the benefits of such a great company.
Excellent
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 30, 2017
Great place to work and retire from, great benefits and allow flexible schedules. Offer different hours for employees to have work/life balance. Allow good time off for employees vacations.
Worked with government to make life better for soldiers
Project Manager/Patient Administrative Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2017
Consulting work, so very challenging and incosistant. Worked on some great projects and were able to help VA and current soldiers with thier healthcare.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Month to Month contract renewal
First Contracting Job
Senior Military Operations Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2017
My first job as a defense contractor after retiring from the USAF. They are a professional organization moving a lot of money and contracts under the, now expired, USAMS II contracting vehicle.
The division I worked in was sold to another company
Sr. Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MD 20817June 29, 2017
Typical Beltway Bandit with its focus on military contracts. Because it is such a large company opportunities for advancement exist plus if the contract you are working ends there are usually other openings in the company to be transferred to.
Behemoth Corporation
Components Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 29, 2017
Some of the most advanced technology in the world under this roof, which is exciting. But with government contracts comes endless constraints, which can slow productivity to an unexciting pace.
Pros
stability?
Cons
very large corporation - things can move slowly
Decent Environment for Design
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 28, 2017
My last interaction with anyone at Lockheed Martin specifically was 8 years ago. However, at that time the culture was supportive of creative design and growth opportunities. Moreso than United Launch Alliance, which is where I transferred over to after the merger/acquisition of Lockheed Martin and Boeing was complete.
Pros
Fostered creativity, excellent benefits
Cons
Long days and extra hours always needed
Good place for a beginner with minimal financial repsonsibility
Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2017
I was on SSA contract, this contract is the worst thing that ever happen to me in my 12 years of working experience. Employees are poorly paid. This has led to very high turnover rate.
meh
o Assist and advise active duty Air Force members (Current Employee) –  Randolph AFB, TXJune 27, 2017
LM is a great company with excellent benefits.
I worked at the AFPC so I was around active duty and retired Air Force members most of the time.

If you love being on a phone for 8 hours and talking non-stop, then you'll love the job. I absolutely HATED the job. Seemingly smart people couldn't understand SIMPLE instructions.

The big problem at this location? Absolutely NO chance of advancement unless you were prior military. DEAD END JOB.

I hated it there and it showed, so I was let go (and I really didn't mind. I had my best days starting the very next Monday knowing I didn't have to sign into a phone!)
Stagnant
Analyst Software Documentation Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 26, 2017
It was easy to become stagnant. The work environment was individualized vs. team environment. No one was willing to share information, even if it was for the good of the company.
good
Computer Systems Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 26, 2017
Superheroes rely on extra-sensory powers to detect danger. Luckily, with today’s technology, pilots don’t have to expose themselves to radioactive spider bites to get similar superpowers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.