Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,197 reviews matching the search
Well-managed, highly professional work environment
Supply Chain Quality Assurance Engineer (Sr) (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PASeptember 3, 2015
Generally fast-paced work environment with highly skilled individuals focused on getting tasks done to support overall customer requirements within budget and schedule. Excellent management teams who encouraged and fostered a culture of creative problem solving, career development, and work-life balance. Reasonable demands on task completions and adequate staffing levels to successfully support requirements.
First year on the contract...minimal everything
Electronic Technician II (Current Employee) –  Mercury, NVOctober 24, 2015
Many of us believe that since this is the initial years on a new contract, Lockheed Martin has been under the "minimalization" mindset. No merit raises, promotions only when absolutely required (death, or employees departing), no incentives to producing great work. They only get by with following the minimal pay scale for hourly workers. They cut salaries of everyone when taking over the new contract 4.5 years ago. We've had over a 50% turnover rate in that time because of the negative atmosphere and conditions. One third of the hourly employees were told they were expendable when sequestration hit the government. Wow, what a great feeling that left in our guts! Most of us were in unique billets with DoE "Q" and nuclear worker clearances. Expendable??? Maybe the next contract will be better.
Great Career Opportunity
Financial Analyst Staff (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 23, 2016
Lockheed is a great company with opportunities for career advancement. Good benefits and flexible work schedule are a plus.
Good to work on PAC Launchers
Design Test Troubleshoot (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 6, 2016
Good place to work, many turn overs and job security is very fragile.
Change of managers quite frequent. Worked the second shift and was implied that I should be in at 1130 for a lunch and learn which was design for the engineers to produce the presentation of different subjects pertaining to courses taught in college for the benefit of the technicians. This is all well and good but I think that it will be more beneficial to encourage the Technicians to enroll in the college courses.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Many nebuluse regulations especially about parking
Flexible, Bureaucratic, Lacks in development of employees
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 31, 2016
- Great/hard co-workers
- Overload in work so requires overtime in order to keep on top of everything.
- Very little promotional opportunities.
- Annual increases are minimal even with high performance ratings.
- Very bureaucratic. There are many levels that need to approve before a change can be heard and a decision to be made.
- They have allowed some flexibility to work from home when needed.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of growth opportunities
Work place was clean and organized
Manual Machinist and Fabrictor (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLMarch 13, 2016
Lockheed Martin was a good company to work for. I worked 10hrs a day 4 days a week and had 3 days weekend. The Management in this company was OK to me, I didn't have any comment. All co-workers in my department were nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job was to catch up with schedule because they moved job around all the time, but I really enjoyed to work there because there was no supervisor stood around me or told me what to do. I could managed jobs by myself and always finished them on time.
Pros
free coffee
Concerned with Employee Welfare
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I worked at KAPL, Inc., which is a Department of Energy Laboratory where US Navy nuclear reactors are designed. My co-workers were generally very intelligent and the work challenged me to grow very quickly as an engineer. The best supervisor I ever had was at KAPL. He challenged me to pursue answers, to ask questions and answer with facts.

My personal life saw a dark tragedy at the end of my time there. KAPL management and senior management were very supportive of my situation and went out of their way to provide what I needed, even knowing that I was not going to be able to continue working there.
Pros
Very intelligent people, important work
Cons
Due to nature of work, was out of touch with commercial nuclear power industry
Good company with stable work environment.
Control Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2016
Lockheed Martin is a great technology company in the aerospace filed.

It is a great organization for new and experienced workers.

Typical work day is stable and repetitive.

The management is experienced and mature.

Best and most knowledge co-workers in the aerospace industry.

Making a contribution that results in a great aircraft for our customers is the most enjoyable part of the job.

The one thing that I would change is the slow rate of change that comes with a company of this size.
Pros
Long term stability. Great challenging work.
Cons
Big organization
Good Place
System Architect Staff (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 8, 2016
Lockheed is a good place to work, benefits are getting worse but the work/life balance is good. Typically it is up to you what role you want and how you want to move up or satisfied with being a role player. Both are valued.
Must be self-motivated
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 19, 2016
This is a great company to work for. You are in charge of your own career path and you must be self-motivated. You will work with extremely bright individuals on some pretty cool and cutting edge technology.
Pros
Cool Tech
Cons
Work Culture
Poor management, but good job
Plant protection officer (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 23, 2016
From all of my jobs I have ever had. Lockheed Martin, was the best job I have ever had. As a part time plant protection officer they had very flexible schedules which could accommodate school or other jobs. The employees of Lockheed Martin treat you with respect which for security is uncommon. Fellow officers were for the most part dependable. The atmosphere and culture of Lockheed Martin is undeniably great. The issues I had with Lockheed Martin was the inability to advance, poor leadership from upper management of security. Favoritism and nepotism were rampant in management. Overall the job was great, and the minor issues with management can be overlooked due to the major pluses of the company.
Pros
Work atmosphere, benefits, flexibility of schedule
Cons
Poor management, favortisim, nepotism
On the phones all day long!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Randolph AFB, TXJuly 27, 2016
LM really is a good company, and the benefits are very good. My co-workers were good people and fun to be around.

The job itself? When I got moved from running telephony reports back to 100% taking phone calls (on the military side, instead of the civilian side) I hated every minute of it. I had no issues when I was on the civilian side, but the military side was a whole different game. Not being prior military myself, I just grew to dislike taking calls.

At this location, there was also very little chance of advancement. It's a dead end job.

Recently, it may be that LM lost the contract to Goodwill and is laying off people from the TFSC (Total Force Service Center.) Hopefully Goodwill will hire them on if the person still wants to work there.
Pros
steady 40 hours, no OT required, decent pay.
Cons
The job itself. Answering phones 8 hours a day SUCKED
Wonderful employer and work environment
Senior Financial Analyst, C-130 Airplane Finance (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 27, 2016
This is a very well managed company, with great career growth. It has razor sharp technology, as well as employee benefits.
LM is a good company but struggling with gov't funding concerns
Sr. Manager, Global Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 7, 2016
Lockheed Martin is a good company to work for but has struggles with the government budget and the ability of its customers to provide consistent work streams. For that reason, Lockheed Martin is pulling out of the more volatile services contracting where the government often seeks personnel through the contract vehicle and treats them as an extended workforce versus allowing the prime to complete a mission outlined in the contract. Lockheed Martin will be a great company once it is no longer supporting the poorly managed agencies.

The personnel are great and there are many opportunities.
Pros
Many online resources; Reasonable work/life balance
Cons
Too much online reliance impacting management guidance
Highly Ethical with culture of excellence and accountability
Human Resources Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 1, 2015
Typical bureaucracy expected with large company but great opportunities for growth, mentorship and learning. The most enjoyable part of my job were my colleagues. I learned so much from them and the support and mentorship was stellar.
Pros
competitive compensation, great benefits
Cons
demanding; little work life balance
Lockheed Review
Senior Aerospace Technician (Current Employee) –  Courtland, ALFebruary 17, 2016
Solid company with good job security. Management is open to new ideas to improve the manufacturing process and increase production and quality.
Lockheed Martin offers good work-life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wallops Island, VAJune 8, 2016
Lockheed Martin tends to pay wages and salaries below market, but compensates with a quality work-experience. Generally, management assumes 99% of employees will do the right thing if given the opportunity. Consequently, management is weak to encourage creative problem-solving and foster initiative. This has obvious benefits for the work-force's well-being and the quality of products and services delivered to customers. However, there are drawbacks to this approach to management as well. In terms of benefits, before the 2008 financial meltdown Lockheed Martin's benefits were acceptable. After 2008 executive management rapidly degraded benefits, along with the size of annual merit raises. Some benefits have been removed entirely.
Great place to Intern
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Really enjoyed my time interning with Lockheed Martin.
As an electrical engineering intern I worked on hardware/software integration. It was worked that needed to be done, initially I was hesitant to do it but I ended up enjoying it greatly. I worked along side other full time engineers and was able to ask them questions and learn alot about the work, product and the company itself. They were also very open me to showing other parts of the company outside of my day to day routine.
Pros
Great Benefits, paid for relocation, fun atmosphere, challenging work
Cons
Systems Engineer Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 15, 2015
The culture is very supportive and receptive of a work/life balance within the company. The only drawback is the salary and compensation.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Salary/compensation
Good firm to work for.
Senior Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 7, 2016
Good place to work, was able to work from home for a time and from an office. Contract work is feast or famine though. I worked independently at times and with a team. Typical day was spent reviewing and courseware and leading a team of ISD professionals. Management was support and my co-workers were professional and talented. Job was never hard to me and the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of completing tasks on time.