Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 4,155 reviews matching the search
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2017
Coworkers were great. Management was helpful. Learned new skills. Working with Attorneys and support staff. Prepared cases for review. No hard part of job
Tedious but very satifying
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 2, 2017
Enjoyed working on Air Craft and the "getting the job done" but felt job security and the Pay scale was behind. The promise of a retirement package that never came about was the reason I left to go to work for BMW would have loved to finished out working on Aircraft
Pros
to work on aircraft and satifaction of a job well done
Cons
Lay off right very high and pay scale behind other Aircraft companies
College Work Experience
College work experience program (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2017
Incredibly valuable experience in production finance and supply chain management. Worked in Missile and fire control on the machine floor and in the tool crib doing inventory. Then did inventory reporting and lead stick out analysis for 15 programs. Learned to write macros on my own which was very leverageable.
Pros
The plant closes for two weeks in December.
Na
Sr. Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 2, 2017
Fair managers. Fair benefits. Cut throat and under skilled co-workers. Out dated equipment. Noisy working environment. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Bonus days off
Cons
Cut throat co-workers
Very old school
Sr. Staff (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAAugust 2, 2017
New ideas not needed here. Some groups are forward thinking, many are stuck in old school fear/intimidation mode of management.

It all depends upon the work team you are assigned to. My most recent experience was not positive, but the early experiences were.

I felt like some of the old timers felt they were "tenured" did not have to keep with with the latest technology. This ended up costing LM contract awards due to inflated salaries without maintaining corresponding levels of skill.
Pros
work flexibility
Cons
very young managers with no experience
Best and one of the largest defense contactors in the world.
Computer. Specialist./Security Ops/Trans. Superv. (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2017
Highly recommended company to work for. ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIES ON THE PLANET. A diverse group of very smart people make up this company. The people that run this company make up the company. I learned a great deal working for Lockheed Martin. I wish everyone had the opportunity to work for Lockheed Martin Corp.
Pros
Fantastic opportunties working for this company.
Cons
Nothing bad to say about this company except that there are not enough jobs there for everybody.
Where they really engineer a better tomorrow
Program Management Sr (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2017
A great place to work, get to meet some incredible people with a real passion for what they do. What they do here really matters and saves lives. Great work life balance. Your job here is whatever you want it to be.
Loved it
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 1, 2017
Was there for 12 years, was the greatest place ever. Contract changes were seemless. No one complained about anything, ever!!
Devastated when we were outbid by GDIT. Work was a dread ever since the crossover.
Pros
Bonuses, parties, vacation, weekly pay
Cons
not a one
Great place to work if on the right contract
Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 1, 2017
Enjoyed my time at Locheed Martin Corporation. Great place to start out to work. Corporation assisted with after hour training and encouraged work and personal life balance activities...
Benefits
Cons
Dont get on a contract
no comment at this time
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, FLAugust 1, 2017
no further comments. all my views and beliefs I would like to keep to myself at this current time. I hope that this is not an issue at this time. its just my personal choice
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2017
I worked as a contractor for LM. The people were great to work with. I felt like part of a team. They have a very good Desktop techs working there. People were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Cons
have to be committed.
Great Pay\Benifits
(APG) Training Coordinator/ Tech 4 APG Technician (Current Employee) –  GreenvlleAugust 1, 2017
This job has given me a jump start to the rest of my career. Great company great benefits. The draw back is the deployed location, however the compensation more than makes up for that. Very family oriented company.
Military contracts
Planning/Financial Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 31, 2017
My experiences cover material management, estimating, financial analyst, contract management, wartime engineering services and problem resolution and vendor coordination.
Great experience
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2017
Worked for Lockheed for 6 years and enjoyed it. Great people, good money, and fun work. Loved the 9/80 schedule and whats not to like about building world class airplanes. Benefits and pay are more than fair but the schedule and deadlines can get stressful.
Pros
Building Aircraft
Cons
Fast paced
High school or an organization?
Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2017
LM preaches ethics, but nobody including HR practices it. The organization operated on a buddy system. People who were no good for the company continued to get promoted, which lead to the lost of contracts. My manager was an ghetto, unprofessional, uneducated bird that had no business being in such a position. HR was more concerned about friends and would protect those who should have been fired. People got away with using their positions to bully those they didn't like. People were expected to do the jobs of five other people or play management roles and not get promoted or properly compensated.

They were good for paid training and benefits. That's about it.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Promotions based on who you know even if you are clearly not qualified.
Great Place to Work
Desktop Technician Tier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2017
Great place to work. I've never had any issues at this job. The benefits are amazing and the discounts are also a plus. Home, auto ect. I'd recommend this place of business to anyone.
Great place to work.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 31, 2017
A great environment to work for those seeking challenging opportunities. Working closely with the government customers, it provides experience that is hard to obtain anywhere else.
It was a nice place to work
Electronic Wire Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJuly 30, 2017
I worked everyday, i do not let nothing bother me. Managers, Supervisors, Trainees etc, all wants to be the big boss. Some of them take it to the stream with no training at all. I learned a lot at Lockheed, there was nothing hard about the job it gave training. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my paycheck in the bank. If i was still looking for a job i will seek employment at Lockheed.
Pros
Free Xmas lunch every year.
Cons
everyone knows when their break is
no review
Sr. System Integration and Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 30, 2017
I do not want to write a review and I resent the fact that you are requiring it. There for I give you nothing of value in this review. I have no idea why you require this.
Pros
flex hours in most jobs
Cons
not much room for growth
You can not get fired
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 30, 2017
Seriously, as long as you do not commit fraud or become violent, you can not be fired. This leads to a large amount of your coworkers being incompetent or lazy since there is no incentive to work hard or produce anything other than the bare minimum. If you want somewhere with great job security and little to no effort needed, Lockheed is great. If you want to work hard and be rewarded then this is not the company for you. You will be underpaid and you will not get recognition if you do good work.
Pros
Very secure, little to no overtime required
Cons
Poor benefits, poor compensation, poor work culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval