Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 3,246 reviews matching the search
Must be self-motivated
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 19, 2016
This is a great company to work for. You are in charge of your own career path and you must be self-motivated. You will work with extremely bright individuals on some pretty cool and cutting edge technology.
Pros
Cool Tech
Cons
Work Culture
Successful Corporation with excellent support and benefits
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2016
Potential existed for overall changes and structure as new opportunities were evaluated. Consistent management changes often led to confusion with manufacturing elements. However, a very small procurement department provided support which improved overall turnaround time, measurable inventory status reports, while never exceeding budgetary constraints and meeting governmental compliance standards.

A challenging opportunity every day with multiple personalities but a sense of contribution and success over rides the day-to-day.
Pros
Having a voice to present ideas
A Once Proud Company In Decline
Global Sustainment (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 22, 2016
I have been an LM employee for several decades and have witnessed it's severe decline, which seems to be accelerating lately. Employees are lied to about telecommuting opportunities when power hungry local area managers refuse to allow it. We no longer care about producing airplanes in Marietta, diversity and political correctness is our sole overriding concern. We are currently losing our best employees with an unsustainable turn over rate. There is no morale left and most people are there strictly for the paycheck. The young ones are leaving in droves and the older ones are taken for granted and can't wait to retire. Something will have to change soon or the Marietta site will cease to be viable.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Just about everything else
Wonderful employer and work environment
Senior Financial Analyst, C-130 Airplane Finance (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 27, 2016
This is a very well managed company, with great career growth. It has razor sharp technology, as well as employee benefits.
Enjoyed some of my Co-workers that knew what was required for the day.
Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 21, 2016
Everyday was pretty much seeing what work load would change from pulling 200 to 1200 tickets ,stocking parts into proper locations and any other issues from cycle counts,bin verifications,etc.Learned SAP inventory system and CRIB-MASTER part of the warehouse inventory system.Worked great with other co-workers.The hardest part of the job was trying to get everybody to work as a team and accomplish goals to get everything to run smoother.Get to broaden my work ethics and Camaraderie with fellow employees.
Pros
Temperture controlled warehouse
Cons
Job Security
MH-60 Blackhawk
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 1, 2016
Work week was usually four 10 hour days. Relaxed work setting as long as you were staying on task and not messing around. Overtime was there to those that wanted to work it. The job task weren't always demanding as long as you were paying attention. Everything pretty much came in a box like it was a puzzle that just needed to be tweaked to fit just right.
Pros
Holiday Dinners, PMT rewards
Benefits
Employee support was incredible
On-site Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Netherlands AntillesMay 12, 2016
Constantly interacting with customers supporting their mission in South America. opening tickets for every technical issue both Hardware and software. I learned a great deal with the way operations are managed working in an international environment.
I had a great teamwork environment that supported all of the technical staff working overseas. Hardest part of the work was the immediate adjustment to moving to a different country and learning how to get around. The most enjoyable part was seeing the positive impact my hard work provided to clients making sure that their mission was rarely interrupted.

Despite the hardship of working overseas the support given to employees was incredible
Pros
it was a pleasure to serve our clients with the support given
Cons
lost the contrac to another company.
Good firm to work for.
Senior Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 7, 2016
Good place to work, was able to work from home for a time and from an office. Contract work is feast or famine though. I worked independently at times and with a team. Typical day was spent reviewing and courseware and leading a team of ISD professionals. Management was support and my co-workers were professional and talented. Job was never hard to me and the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of completing tasks on time.
Lockheed Review
Senior Aerospace Technician (Current Employee) –  Courtland, ALFebruary 17, 2016
Solid company with good job security. Management is open to new ideas to improve the manufacturing process and increase production and quality.
Highly Ethical with culture of excellence and accountability
Human Resources Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 1, 2015
Typical bureaucracy expected with large company but great opportunities for growth, mentorship and learning. The most enjoyable part of my job were my colleagues. I learned so much from them and the support and mentorship was stellar.
Pros
competitive compensation, great benefits
Cons
demanding; little work life balance
not to hard of work, but the pay is not here
Field Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 17, 2016
It a good place to work at, but as a Salary employee it's very difficult to get a raise or bonus, no matter how you saved them. You have to keep changing jobs to get a sufficient raise so you never become the expert at that job unless you stay with little raises.

typical day: Got hired for one job, but doing a different job which is still a fun job.
Had the opportunity to learn about how to manage a union work force.
Management were all from Military
Pros
flexiable work schedule
Cons
health benifits were not as good as exspected.
Fun activities were planned to keep employee morale high
Executive Secretary, Corporate Treasury (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 12, 2016
I actually worked for Martin Marietta before it merged with Lockheed in 1995. The teamwork among the Executive Secretarial staff was outstanding. The two Assistant Treasurers I supported were good at informing me of what they expected of me and acknowledging me when I performed well. They also handled my errors with understanding and retraining.
Pros
Several fun events each year designed to maintain employee morale
Cons
This was not a personally rewarding job
Great place to Intern
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Really enjoyed my time interning with Lockheed Martin.
As an electrical engineering intern I worked on hardware/software integration. It was worked that needed to be done, initially I was hesitant to do it but I ended up enjoying it greatly. I worked along side other full time engineers and was able to ask them questions and learn alot about the work, product and the company itself. They were also very open me to showing other parts of the company outside of my day to day routine.
Pros
Great Benefits, paid for relocation, fun atmosphere, challenging work
Worklife Balance and the management
Systems Administrator Senior F35 Lightning II (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SC 29906August 7, 2016
I worked with two different teams during my tenure with Lockheed Martin. I was blessed to have to very good supervisors that respected the work life balance. This enabled me to excel in all that I did which allow me to get several employee awards and excellent annual reviews. As a large organization Lockheed Martin has a culture of Honesty, Integrity and Teamwork. I very much enjoyed my employment there and would recommend employment there.
Pros
management, caliber of people
Systems Engineer Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 15, 2015
The culture is very supportive and receptive of a work/life balance within the company. The only drawback is the salary and compensation.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Salary/compensation
Degrees encouraged!
Records & Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WA 99352March 22, 2016
Co-workers and Management was terrific! Everyone helped each other. We were all busy however, if someone needed help, we asked and received. It was a family that worked and taught others. This enabled us to pass on knowledge and in the long run it helped the company. The company never frowned on it.
Lockheed Martin
Security (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 15, 2016
Good benefits, definitely an amazing learning experience to help me in furthering my career, a typical day at work, come in , do work, go home
Well-managed large company with below-average compensation
PAC-3 Evolutionary Development/Transition Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 2, 2015
Strong, large corporation with locations throughout the USA. Great work-life balance with 9/80 scheduling and significant vacation. Below-average compensation with low raises year to year.
very relaxed an nice clean environment.i loved it here
material handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2016
typical day,laughter and joy.learned to prepare kit boms.management was very awesome.very understanding and helpful with your job.my coworkers were just awesome,worked with a lot of wonderful people.no hard part of the job.most enjoyable was being able to meet and work with a lot of awesome people everyday,just being in such a nice environment.
Supportive management with advancement opportunities.
Lab Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work would begin with checking in with my supervisor for information exchange and requirements for any new tasks that need to be worked.

Every day at Lockheed was a learning experience. Training was very important to management and part of my annual goals. I made several trips offsite to be trained on new security equipment while working in the test lab.

My co-workers were like a second family. We celebrated births and birthdays and shared the heartache of death, divorces and illnesses.

There were days that seemed as though the job would never get done, especially in the test lab. Many times when official military testing was being done the hours extended until 3:00 in the morning. I guess the hardest part of my job was getting laid-off and having to leave after almost 25 years of service.

Working at Lockheed was awesome. I was constantly learning new processes and was challenged everyday to take on more difficult tasks.
Pros
Education, challenges, travel, opportunities, and the pay.
Cons
Government contracts... always fear of layoffs.