Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

Leadership and Community Service Opportunites
Material Planner (Current Employee), Littleton, COMay 28, 2014
Material Consumption Redesign March 2014
Improved manufacturing efficiency for a total savings of $225,000 per year by developing a new strategy that redefines how technicians input material consumption, which decreased time spent on usage entries for every part they process.

Material Flow Center Optimization Aug. - Nov. 2013
Used my design and process – more... flow skills to optimize the facility and material flow, resulting in $599,400 per year improvement in efficiency.

Space System’s Graduation Event March - Aug. 2013 Planned and organized Lockheed Martin’s Space System’s Operations Leadership Development Program Graduation which was considered one of the most successful graduation events in Space System’s history.

Lockheed’s Code of Ethics Revamp Feb. - June 2013 Redeveloped Code of Ethics to align vision with mission in electronic and print formats by incorporating benefits and strengths of previous versions and other highly successful external ethics manuals.

Mile High United Way Aug. 2012 - Feb. 2013
Spearheaded 2013 Annual Bowl-a-Thon raise a net profit of $1,000 for Mile High United Way.

Paige’s Butterfly Run Jan. - May 2012
Organized Paige’s Butterfly run to help fight pediatric cancer while coordinating with the event’s lead.

Lockheed’s Turkey Drive Oct. - Nov. 2011
Orchestrated Annual Turkey Drive to feed over 80 families. – less
Great opportunity for upper mobility
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee), Bogota, ColombiaMay 28, 2014
Pros: great upper mobility, benefits, and salary
Cons: not significant
The job was great and a constant challenge that resulted in attaining the goals set. I learned to work closely and earn the respect of the host nation senior leadership. Management allowed you to conduct your daily business as long as you keep them informed, but would not interfere with common sense and make decisions to attain the common goal. Again, – more... the LockHeed Martin and CCE joint team was a seamless operation. The hardest part of the job was getting promoted to Deputy Program Manager, however the most enjoyable part was that I got to mentor the whole team then. – less
Tough to Advance
Technical Writer Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, learning experience
Cons: sometimes long days, hard to advance
The work can be slow or fast paced, it varies depending on the projects and their deliveries. The politics are rough and make it difficult sometimes to be heard/seen. I love what I do, but I don't think pay/raises/advancement is merit-based like it should be and makes it difficult and frustrating if you're looking for upward mobility.
Assembly work
ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), AustinMay 28, 2014
Assembled wire harnesses after college graduation. Demanding job for an excellent company provided the basis for future technical work.
Great Experience!
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZMay 27, 2014
Pros: best employer so far
Cons: nothing
Nothing bad to say here....great team, learned so much! The reason I left LM was me wanting to be close to my kids here in PR!
Sr. Graphic Designer/Sr. Commercial Artist (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMay 27, 2014
great place to work. Management was top notch.
it was to bad that they took the work to the east coast
Very productive and learning experiencing company
UTILITY WORKER (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management
Good company to start work for, for first time job. I started off as a utility worker, after a few months of employment I was moved to warehouse. An after 3 months in the warehouse I became a team leader not a assistant or supervisor. After a year in the warehouse I was then moved to a cook/chef. The managers and supervisors there are all good people. – more... When I needed time for family issues they gave me more then enough. – less
Enjoyed working for them the time I was employed by them.
Aircraft Worker (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 27, 2014
Pros: having a job
Cons: unnecessary stress some days over little things.
My typical days where spent making sure my responsibilities where taken care off.

I tried to learn something new every day incase I could use it to better myself or not I've been doing it as long as I can remember.

Management with Lockheed has the same issues I've found any company I've worked for and that is getting pertinent information in a somewhat – more... timely manner.

My Co-workers again as with anywhere I have a good working relationship with as a whole.

The Hardest part of my job if I had to pick one would be sudden changes if they affect me or not.

The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing daily I had done my part in getting the job done the best I could when I go home each day. – less
Great Company
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 26, 2014
Pros: good cafeteria
Cons: lots of red tape and management obstacles
Good company to work for. Great opportunities and learning experiences as an intern. Got to work on some cutting edge technologies.
I take pride in being an aircraft mechanic
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2014
Pros: learn more from aothers and meet great people from around the world. also had medical insurance .
Cons: job security was not there, thousands got laid off. people moved their intire family to invest in the company.
Great people who had a passion for working on this jet. Management was so helpful, kind and made the work environment as best as it could have been. Specialist were very knowledgeable and took the time if any mechanic had a question, and inspectors are thorough, patient and understanding. I love being an aircraft mechanic. I was laid off one year ago.
Nice place to work
Incoming Inspector/Receiving (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAMay 24, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: lack of work
I would log into my SAP Account and start inspecting parts that cam in from shipping and receiving.
Trainng
HR Beneficiary Team Specialist (Current Employee), Cary, NCMay 23, 2014
This company allows you growth for promotion and makes sure to train you properly to get you to the next level.
Great place to work.
Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee), Doral FloridaMay 21, 2014
Pros: benefits and growth
The most enjoyable part of the job is travelling. Great place to work and the educational benefits are second to none.
Money was good but job security was poor.
Aircraft Structure Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 21, 2014
The work was at a slow pace. Job security was terrible. The day to day was better than a production job.
Family Oriented
Subcontract Administrator, Sr (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 20, 2014
Family oriented, inclusive environment, typical day at work can sometimes be stressful but all co-workers are willing to help out any time. The hardest part of the job is making yourself leave the work at work! The most enjoyable par of the job is being part of such an inclusive environment.
For healthcare professional entering the workforce
QTC management (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management can be vunrealistically demanding
I learned allot at this company, especially coming into the healthcare field. You will get exposed to both medical administration and some clinical/ case management work.
I&T Lead, and Tester (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZMay 19, 2014
Pros: interesting work
Cons: contract work short durations
Good place to work overtime requested frequently. Decent benefits work conditions good, sometimes hard to take vacation time.
High maintenance job that entails precise details and constant expansion.
Process Tech. Spec (Former Employee), Goleta, CAMay 18, 2014
Building FPA (Focal Plane Arrays) for defense combat missions. High security workplace that involves fluent science and math capabilities as well as communication between co-workers in understanding clean room techniques and procedures. Detailed in providing quality work on micron(um) scale with little to no defects. Working alongside engineers to troubleshoot – more... and restore product efficiency. – less
Bleak outlook going forward
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 18, 2014
Pros: will pay for grad school, but only $10k per year with many strings attached
Cons: executive management slowly removing remaining perks of employment and squeezing more from employees
Been with the company a decade, and in that time they have been shrinking the employee base. Older employees are hanging on until retirement because of the pension system, while new employees have little room for growth because most of the attrition is used to reduce head count rather than open opportunities for younger employees.

Management is inconsistent. – more... I've had some very good managers, but also worked with some very poor ones. In general the poor managers don't advance, but they also aren't fired or re-assigned, which causes problems in the ranks. – less
Lockheed Matin Company (LMCO)
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZMay 16, 2014
Only reason I'm leaving is the plant is closing down and my position is moving out of state. I've worked here for 6 years and would have stayed another 10 if I could.

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more